[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
South Carolina Spoops
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 11
File: download (1).png (7 KB, 249x203) Image search: [Google]
download (1).png
7 KB, 249x203
Is there anything paranormal at all in South Carolina besides the lizard man and ghosts? It feels pretty dry of the paranormal.
>>
>>17809058
I live in Cheraw in Chesterfield county. The old St Davids church still has blood on the pews from when it was used as a field hospital during the revolutionary war. A buncha little odd happenings in that church. It's quite lovely and you can visit at night for maximum spoopiness.
>>
Native Charlestonian since relocated reporting in
https://roadtrippers.com/stories/see-the-claw-marks-left-by-a-girl-who-was-entombed-alive-in-south-caroline?lat=40.80972&lng=-96.67528&z=5
>>
>>17809058
Anyone got anything from in Round-Ox I'm currently taking care of my grandparents, so I am staying at their place. But when I was a kid they were in this house, and I woke up in the middle of the night, looked over my shoulder (we had to sleep on the floor) and saw this kind of ghost like auora in a colonial timey outfit.
>>
>>17809171
**Round-O/Walterboro
>>
>>17809151
That is some scary shit dude
>>
>>17809058
whoa, I'm in south Carolina......
Pretty spooky.

The wind outside my bedroom window always makes a scary wooshy sound when I'm going to bed. Is that paranormal? I'm at Surfside beach
>>
You should feel the wind at the Garden City pier. Talk about being paranormal.
>>
I'm in Hampton and have never experienced any paranormal happenings, feels bad man
>>
I've seen the swamp man and boo man. Got high and shit
>>
>>17810949
Boo man? Elaborate
>>
>>17810538
Be my gf pls
>>
>>17809058
Lizard man? I live in SC and I've never heard of that.
>>
File: image.jpg (283 KB, 719x1111) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
283 KB, 719x1111
>>17810965
Think he means boo hag
>>
>>17812147
Just Google it, it's arguably the most well know cryptid in this state.
>>
>>17809058
Newberry Ghost Dog:

>long time ago
>dude & dog passing through town
>bad shit goes down
>townsfolk blame it on the traveler
>kill him
>dog won't leave his shallow grave
>dog dies
>ghost dog terrorizes the area to this day

Spent some time one summer investigating the area. Spooky as fuck. Something watches you from the woods.
>>
File: image.gif (12 KB, 173x261) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
12 KB, 173x261
>>17809058
Oh, also in Greenville there's some paranormal shit going down. Not scary, but definitely paranormal. There's some sort of group there that is into some crazy shit. They're some sort of eastern occult group or something.

Buddy of mine works in LE and responded to a call for back up during an "acting out person/assault" call at an Asian grocer in the area. When my buddy arrive the original responding officer was in a slightly dazed state sitting on the curb - basically looking tired and confused. The perpetrator was cuffed, lying next to him. My buddy was confused as shit and asked what happened.

>officers called because some chink recently converted to Baptist and started trashing a chink grocery store because they have some shitty shrine
>responding officer arrives on scene and Baptist chink is shouting bible verses on the sidewalk
>mama-san store owner shouting chink shit in doorway
>responding officer tries to calm everyone down
>white dude walks up & says chink shit to mama-san
>officer asks whitey to stay out of it
>officer starts to get dizzy & nauseous
>can't stand up properly
>whitey says something to Christ-chink
>Christ-chink passes the fuck out
>whitey walks off
>officer puts handcuffs on Christ-chink as he starts to feel less nauseous.
>radios backup
>buddy arrives on scene
>wtf

Never figured it out or found whitey.

Also, someone puts stickers of pic related all over town. My buddy thinks it's related to the grocery store story.
>>
I live in chesterfield county. Have seen a couple of things in the sky I would call UFO's but no spoopy monsters.
>>
>>17813358
I'm in cola but I stay in Greenville and they have some universal church that I went to that has all type of people like Buddhist Wicca's satanist discordians catholics etc its called universal something
>>
>>17809106
I live in pageland. FUCK THE BRAVES
>>
>>17813373
Yeah, I've heard of the Universalist church. Didn't know they had Buddhist stuff there. Not really a fan of Wicca though. Do they combine them?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (21 KB, 1432x908) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
21 KB, 1432x908
>>17809058

Anybody else see the orange glowing orbs over the ocean at Myrtle Beach/ grand strand?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_ydnWfS5yg
>>
File: suspiria.jpg (195 KB, 1920x804) Image search: [Google]
suspiria.jpg
195 KB, 1920x804
the average intelligence level of south carolina is reflected by the majority of comments in this thread: low.

the only thing paranormal about south carolina is how an entire state can be so filled with obese morons and still function at all - that's a real paranormal mystery.
>>
>https://hauntedstories.net/ghost-stories/south-carolina/gray-man-pawleys-island

Surprised no one mentioned this. Always loved hearing about him as a kid. Spooped me good

>>17810538
Love hanging out there in the winter. Only pier in Horry with free admission.

>>17814257
I have not. Id like to though. Bout to look into it.

>>17809151
I dont think you know what "native" means.
>>
There are gathering sites for occult ceremonies, and some of the most sinister Illuminati dealings occurred on Jekyll island. I will not say more..
>>
If you look around the golf course in Deerfield in Surfside you will no doubt see unexplained lights moving about.
I've even heard weird noises and voices in some parts.
>>
File: 1_Art_Mary.jpg (208 KB, 867x1200) Image search: [Google]
1_Art_Mary.jpg
208 KB, 867x1200
The double standard seemed to be ever more entrenched. The great exponent of toleration and liberty John Locke, in his Two Treatises of Government, resoundingly declared to Englishmen that 'Slavery is so vile and miserable an Estate of Man... that 'tis hardly to be conceived, that an Englishman, much less a Gentleman, should plad for 't'. But that is precisely what Locke himself had done when (as one of the first hereditary peers created in English North America) he helped first to draft and then to revise a constittution for a vast new English colony in the south called Carolina, at much the same time in the 1680's as he was writing Two Treatises. Blacks were different. Slave numbers rocketed at the end of the seventeenth century: blacks outnumbered whites in South Carolina by the 1710's, and in Virgina the proportion of blacks to whites shot up from less than 10% in 1680 to about a third in 1740. This is the context for th eremarkable liturgical innovation of one South Carolina Anglican clergyman, Francis Le Jau, who added to the baptism service a requirement that slaves bein baptized should repeat an oath 'that you do not ask for the holy baptism out of any design to free yourself from the Duty and Obedience you owe to your Master while you live'. This reflected a clerical dilemma in a Church so dominated by the laity: when masters were putting up much resistance to converting slaves, was it better to let souls perish or to accept the norms of the society in which the Church found itself?
As early as the mid-seventeenth century, Virginia in the south and New England in the north had created two contrasting forms of English-speakin colony. Both were firmly committed to their different patterns of established Churches, just as in Europe.
>>
'Slavery is so vile and miserable an Estate of Man... that 'tis hardly to be conceived, that an Englishman, much less a Gentleman, should plead for 't'.
>>
>>17814404
I grew up in Deerfield. Buck Hill. That place is such a shit hole. I cant believe someone else from Surfside is on here. The fuck.

Never saw lights btw. Wish I had
>>
>>17814444
Nice quads.

That's fucked what the Anglicans did.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gray_Man_(ghost)

https://hauntedstories.net/ghost-stories/south-carolina/ghost-alice-flagg

formerly Georgetown, lots of spoopy stuff there and in the marshes
>>
>>17814341
Because you dont know any more
>>
>>17815077
Read thread butthole.

Still tho, thanks for contributing
>>
I swear there's something living innawoods here
>>
>>17813358
Fucking hate Greenville man, everyone there is either extra chromo or abusing bad. I'll be sure to steer clear of white dudes that speak any form azn
>>
>>17815929
So many natives towards the coast man there is no telling
>>
>>17816046
do you speak english? thanks.
>>
I'm moving to Presbyterian College soon, has anything spoopy been reported there?
>>
Visit Spartanburg or Greer, plenty of spooks.
>>
Ive always felt like there was an energy in the Low Country. There is so much history here. Good and bad. Its always seemed palpable to me.

A lot of people from different regions want to shit on the South....but come breathe it in. Kayak through the waterways. Fish the marshes. Get lost in the groves full of spanish moss, kudzu, and hundreds of years of history.

Ive traveled a lot of the world and Ill never live anywhere else.
>>
>>17817026
love the scenery of southern louisiana, hate the humidity of La as a whole
>>
>>17817036
No one asked and no one cares. Start a Louisiana thread.

Go figure someone with a trip wants attention
>>
>>17817042
ayy oak alley plantation
>>
>>17817052
No. Its not. Its Boone Hall.

Please fuck off you dumb ignorant cunt. Its bad enough that you have to have a 4chan screen name....you could at least not be a retard.
>>
The Ghost Light rd. Summerville, SC
real rd is Sheep Island rd.
The Summerville Light is believed to be the ghost of a woman who lived here over 100 years ago. Legend has it that she met her husband at the train after work every night, with a lantern to guide them home. He was killed in a logging accident nearby, and apparently, these many years later, the woman’s ghost still makes the trek. The light is a green glow, some say basketball sized, that hovers over the road. It may start out small and far away.
If you drive here in the dead of night, your car will stall, you will see the light approach. I do not know what happens if you do not leave before it totally reaches you, but some people report the light hitting their cars and leaving dents.
>>
>>17817074
Oh shit thats cool. Ive spent a lot of time in Summerville. Love the info!

Sucks that Summerville has basically turned into Mt. Pleasant 2.0
>>
File: oak alley.jpg (822 KB, 2048x1111) Image search: [Google]
oak alley.jpg
822 KB, 2048x1111
>>17817068
oh i'm sorry that i got these two places confused. they are so different after all.
>>
>>17817083
Theyre in different states. They are architecturally different. They have different histories.

The only similarity is that there are trees. Congratulations. Youre either the worlds worst detective or a natural-born arborist.

You started rambling about Louisiana in a SC thread. Why you would assume it was your state is beyond me.

The name of the plantation and the state were in the filename of the pic. Please get rid of your trip and go fuck yourself.
>>
>>17817111
desu I thought this was the creepiest states thread at first. and i just remembered oak alley had an alley of trees so i was like hey, neat. the filename said boo.i understand the full name is boone now, but whatever. i make mistakes. i use trips bc i like to be a special snowflake
>>
>>17817130
wtf i didn't type desu
>>
>>17817130

The OP says South Carolina in the subject. South Carolina in the comment. And has a pic of South Carolina/ the state flag.

If you actually thought it was a "creepiest states" thread....you must be totally and irreversibly illiterate.

You are a special snowflake. But not in a good way.
>>
File: 220px-Huntington_Castle.jpg (13 KB, 220x147) Image search: [Google]
220px-Huntington_Castle.jpg
13 KB, 220x147
>>17817136
Oh great.

Youre a fucking idiot. A tripfag. And new to 4chan
>>
>>17817153
i was reading the content about the south and spanish moss and kudzu and forgot it was the sc thread i already admitted to my mistake. the special snowflake comment was more of a derogatory comment about myself to make you less aggressive towards me, that apparently didn't work. i just came here to have a good time and honestly i feel so attacked rn
>>
>>17817160
omg i forgot that was ever a thing holy shit. but nah i've been on /x/ for about 7 or 8 years now jsut not constantly
>>
>>17817160
also i just fuck things up a lot so i tend to be berated every time i get on for something or other
>>
>>17817174
When you give yourself a trip (a 4chan screename) youre saying "hey. i desperately want to develope a reputation on an otherwise anonymous image board".

I really dont care if you feel attacked. Turn your trip off you fucking retard. Or, at the least, learn how to read a thread before you start shitting crap out of your brain.
>>
Old State Rd. in West Columbia. Anyone who's every gone there has a story about it. From teenagers to great-grandparents.
>>
>>17817201
if i wanted to develop a reputation i would have given up by now. if i post a thread it makes it easier to respond to people and last time it wasn't trips people decided to go trolling using the same username as me. also i agree i need to read before shitting stuff out of my brain, but i tend to be absent minded. the adhd doesn't help
>>
>>17817212
If you dont want a reputation TURN YOUR FUCKING TRIP OFF

If you werent such a retard people wouldnt mock you with usernames

And oh....wow....someone on /x/ who claims to have a mental disorder. How original.

Seriously. If you didnt have a trip on, and responded with your stuff about Louisiana, I no-shit would have just started asking you about your state's lore.
>>
>>17817223
but what is your prejudice towards trips? like at this point i can't turn it off bc of principle, next time i get on i'll take off my trips bc everyone seems to hate my guts for no reason with it.
>>
>>17817238
Its the level of self-indulgence. Go to LiveJournal. Go to Facebook.

There is no reason to have a fucking 4chan screen name other than to serve yourself.

Thats my prejudice
>>
>>17817248
i mean what's the huge problem with that? i'm not trying to be mean or anything, just legitimately wondering why it's such a huge problem to you
>>
>>17817253
I dont care if youre trying to be mean. I dont get my feelings hurt by people I dont know.

You really dont see a personality defect in yourself? With a need, for no reason, to try and garner reputation and attention on an otherwise totally anonymous forum.

You dont see what that says about you? Theres hubris involved...and that bothers me. Especially when an individual like yourself cant be bothered to read or understand the thread.
>>
>>17817281
look, it's not that i couldn't be bothered, it's that i forgot it wasn't the right thread. things like that can happen to anyone. i never said i don't have any faults, but those faults have nothing to do with you so i don't know why you're trying to call me on them. if you knew me irl or paid attention to how i've been conversing with you, you might have picked up on my lack of overwhelming hubris. i'm not going to say i don't have some level of hubris bc then i'd be lying, i'm just saying i made a small mistake and you latched onto it and are trying to drag me down for little more than being a tripfag on an anonymous message board. guess what? even if i use trips i am still anonymous. you don't know me irl you only know what i've been saying online. i'm done arguing bc this is just going in circles
>>
STOP REPLYING TO THE TRIPFAG
>>
Anyone hear about a scary old lady in Yemasee that'll kill you if your car breaks down going through the swamp?
>>
>>17809151
NC here, but I was under the impression that Charleston had a load of stuff, yeah. Mostly ghosts though.

Haven't looked into SC all that much.
>>
>>17809177

jacksonboro lights my dude
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.