[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is Evangelion paranormal? whats your thoughts on this amazing anime x
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 875120867610.jpg (878 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
875120867610.jpg
878 KB, 1280x1024
is Evangelion paranormal? whats your thoughts on this amazing anime x
>>
>>17808458
I liked The End of Evangelion more than the last two episodes, that's for sure. Hardly paranormal, imho, rather heavily symbolic, Jungian/Freudian/Gnostic.

The more I read and watch kino the less I'm impressed with Eva, tbqh.
>>
>>17808479

>The more I read and watch kino the less I'm impressed with Eva, tbqh.

what do you mean? i havent seen a film surpass it in style
>>
>>17808458
>is Evangelion paranormal?
no it's just a cartoon
>>
>>17808490
I'm really tired of these conversations... I'm not going to convince you otherwise, so let's pretend you're right, and that two thousand years of literature and almost one and a half century of cinematography don't exist.
>inb4 "not an argument", etc.
>>
>>17808504

i honestly dont read books but i do enjoy kino. what compares to this? its like a blend of everything
>>
>>17808555
In scope? Literature: Joyce, Pynchon, Borges, Philip K. Dick, etc. As for movies: you need to take into consideration that Eva is a series, so it's hard to compare to feature-length stuff. If I were to choose a series - Twilight Zone, definitely.
>>
>>17808574
And if we're talking about The End of Evangelion, then watch something by Jodorowsky, Kenneth Anger, Parajanov, Tarkovsky, even Bergman or Kurosawa.
>>
>>17808574
>>17808596

nice kino list
>>
I'm still having a hard time figuring out this show. Like I understand the story, but I'm puzzled on the whole meaning of the show. Any good theories or answers?
>>
>>17809301
Well, the whole basic meaning/message behind the show is to basically make life your own, keep moving forward, life goes on etc. Of course, it uses a fuck ton of symbolism, and allusions in order to do that, but there's just so many. For example, there's a shit ton of religious imagery, and allusions everywhere.
>>
>>17809322
And it has no meaning. Anno literally stated he included it because it looks cool and is a little exotic in japan.
>>
>>17809401

You actually believe this? He just didn't want to be accused of blasphemy so yeah he said he put in overtly Christian stuff because it was all "cool" and had no meaning.
>>
So whats with all the German stuff? Was it simply because Germany made sense to be a technological advanced foreign nation? Or is there something I am missing?
>>
if only there were some kind of anime board on this website for you faggots to use instead of shitting up /x/ even further
>>
It's entry level. Not as entry level as say naruto or one piece, but still babbies first anime. Anyways, it's still a pretty good anime. Asuka is best girl.
>>
>>17811299
popularity has nothing to do with quality, dear weeb hipster
>>
>>17811222
Japan has had a strong Germanic influence in medicine and nationalism for the past century or so. Their doctors learn German like we learn Latin, which is a bit scary, but not the point. The best reason I can surmise for it is that it ties in heavily with the jungian/Freudian aspect as well as German philosophy. Also Germany was poised to be a superpower in technology and economics when eva was made.
>>
>>17811353
Ah, interesting. That explains a lot.
So maybe, there are japanes people out there who are "naziboos"?
>>
>>17811317
1. Appropriate for or one who is new to something, such as a job or activity
2. Of or relating to a job or position that requires little experience and is low in a hierarchy
3. Appropriate for a beginner; basic

Entry-level is neither a measure of quality or popularity, fool.
>>
>>17811366
Depending on who you ask, it's either most of them or a small fringe minority. They have the vans with the megaphones shouting slogans. Also most of 2ch is at least ironically into it.

But yeah, a lot of academia is founded in German education because a lot of nipnongs studied there after Japan opened. Their language is even filled with loanwords like arubeito for a part time job. There's also a French element that came later and is much more prominent today, but that is more aesthetic because Japs love some aesthesis. You see it with cafes and art and clothing and manga.
>>
>>17811406
why point it out then? why use "still pretty good" as if it has anything to do with it? Also most things "entry level" are pretty popular
>>
>>17811446
Check your anon counter. My only post in this thread was to mention you not knowing what entry level meant.

As for NG:E, I don't particularly feel it's a good entry level anime, though it was one of the first seen for a great many people. Its use of symbolism is juvenile and convoluted IMO, which is to be expected as Anno has said the series was there to express his own ponderings and confusions of his youth. The animation is very good, but it's good because it's so subversive of the giant robot style. That is completely missed if you watch NG:E first. MUCH better to check out some Gundam series or Giant Robo or something of that nature to see how mold-breaking and innovative NG:E got.

Honestly, I don't think NG:E would be as popular if it weren't for so many people having it be the first time they saw cartoon tits on screen. Now with internet and nostalgia, it simply passes on as a legacy anime. Like The Day The Earth Stood Still - sure it was a sci-fi milestone that everyone should be aware of, but the movie itself is bland and not very good in light of recent works.
>>
>>17811474
>you not knowing what entry level meant
sure
>>
end of evangelion and the series in general have a lot more meanings and implications than most who will watch it realize
>>
>>17813770
like what
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.