[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/bfg/ - Bigfoot General #2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (174 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174 KB, 640x360
Alleged Sasquatch Sighting in Laurel, Md.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/news/city-desk/blog/20782292/sasquatch-sighting-in-laurel
>>
>>17806399
well, it is fucking nothing

Did they ever find hair or other samples of bigfoot?
>>
>>17806441

They've tested plenty of hair samples. Most recently of supposed Yeti hair. Those tests revealed a genetic match to a 40,000 year old polar bear.

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/weird-science/was-it-yeti-bigfoot-hair-dna-reveals-monsters-true-identity-n144986

Then there's this:

http://www.sasquatchgenomeproject.org
>>
>>17806465
>http://www.nbcnews.com/science/weird-science/was-it-yeti-bigfoot-hair-dna-reveals-monsters-true-identity-n144986
interesting, thanks

Could bigfoot be some kind of bear instead of an ape?
>>
File: bigfoot.jpg (954 KB, 3015x2117) Image search: [Google]
bigfoot.jpg
954 KB, 3015x2117
>>17806399
>Takes picture of bigfoot
>640x380
>>
>>17806537

He claims he took the picture last Wednesday. Here's my question to Maryland bros: is that what your wood undergrowth looks like in early June? I live in north Georgia and the undergrowth here is as thick as two bricks at this point of the year.

>>17806472

Your guess is as good as mine. Just adds to the mystery.
>>
>>17806558
I'm from Maryland, not far from Laurel, I don't live there anymore, but this pic looks more like late March-April for the foliage being as light as it is
>>
>>17806571

That's what I would have guessed. Either way, two reports from this exact area, both from the 70s:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=1171

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=50159
>>
Idaho Bigfoot Drone Footage Revealed As Obvious Hoax

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2016/06/idaho-bigfoot-drone-footage-revealed-as.html?m=1
>>
>>17806889
kek
>>
File: buttplate.gif (4 MB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
buttplate.gif
4 MB, 360x360
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 800x1360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 800x1360
Still arguing with a friend of mine that this is not an Orangoutang. Description said it was around 6 1/2- 7 ft.
>mfw Orangoutang don't even reach 5 ft.
>>
>>17807082
Fuckin auto correct.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 600x381) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 600x381
>>17807082

This is the Myakka ape for anyone interested in reading more.
>>
>>17806399
>General
No
>>
>>17807131

The last one maxed out. Plenty of discussion regarding the Patterson film.

Fuck off.
>>
>>17807082
well, that most likely only makes the desription inaccurate I would think

people tend to overestimate things that scared them
>>
Sasquatch needs more discussion on /x/. It's one of the few cryptids I genuinely thinks exists. I find it annoying that more people believe in shapeshifting "skinwalkers", tulpas and ghosts than a possible flesh and blood creature yet to be properly documented.
>>
little compilation of supposed squatch footage (bigfootage)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg0QZfIiqog
>>
File: squatchya-gonna-do.gif (45 KB, 515x320) Image search: [Google]
squatchya-gonna-do.gif
45 KB, 515x320
>>17807187
roleplayers and lunatics dont like bigfoot, because it is basically just an ordinary animal (if real) and they cant be a special snowflake about it
>>
>>17807180
It's just that I live in Florida and those plants the creature is next to get pretty high. For it to be kind of peaking over like that, its defiantly taller then the average orangutan.

Plus we don't have Orangutans in Florida. Even in the report the lady was concerned if one from a zoo was lose or if it was an exotic pet. But I don't believe anyone ever came out and said they were missing a monkey.

The only skeptic theory I've seen is

>There is the unsettling possibility that there might actually be small populations of (or a few lone) wild orangutans in remote areas of Florida that are descended from orangutans who escaped from international airports or from captivity as exotic pets. Note that orangutans in captivity test higher on cognitive skills tests than all other hominids save humans; the high intelligence and natural intuitive powers of an orangutan would not preclude an ability to evade capture or detection in a remote or inaccessible region of swamp land.
>>
File: squatchkek.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
squatchkek.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>its an monster hunters have to assemble an ancient native american axe in order to save the world from legendary bigfeet with magical powers episode

https://youtu.be/cqfVDusfJbE?t=354
skip to 5:55 to learn about the amazing story of the lightning man
>>
>>17807226
>be small populations
or only just that single one, since only that one got photographed
>>
>>17807187
>>17807201

I agree, which is why I'm going to make these threads a regular thing. Might branch out and make a "Cryptids General" too.

Sick and tired of these stupid ME ME ME threads. "I SEE THINGS" or "IM BEING FOLLOWED" or "I HAD A DREAM" or "HOW CAN I TELL IF THERE IS A DEMON ATTACHED TO MY SOUL". Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>17807237
TOP KEK
>>
>>17807190

>4:32

I have never seen this footage before. Anyone know it's original source?
>>
>>17807805

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb9YcIlkl_c
>>
>>17807992

Many thanks.
>>
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 725x519) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 725x519
John Green died if you hadn't already heard.

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2016/06/great-article-discussing-john-green.html?m=1
>>
>>17807226
I grew up around the Sarasota/Myakka area. When I was in high school I stayed at a friend's house for the weekend who lived in the middle of nowhere, deep in the woods. We were talking about the skunk ape and my friend's dad overheard and mentioned that when he was a kid there were amateur circuses all over Florida and whenever they would go out of business/shut down they would release all their animals into the wild. I think it's possible that the "skunk ape" is just an old ass orangutan.
>>
>>17808903
I hope his son is ok.
>>
>>17808922
Also that night...
>friend and I sneak out to his cow pasture to smoke cigarettes
>super cool guys club
>discussing skunk ape stuff
>OUT OF NOWHERE THIS BIG BLACK BEAST EXPLODES FROM THE PALMETTO BUSHES
>shit all of the bricks
>It was just his pet cow, Mr. Moo
>>
>>17808932
>sneak out to smoke cigarettes
>super cool gays club
ok........
>>
>>17808922

I guess it's plausible; or the offspring of a few of those orangutans. That is why there is a python and iguana problem in Florida - exotic pets released in a habitat that can support them.

Not sure with regards to temperatures, etc. but I know that orangutan's need a substantial amount of fruit in their diet. I know, off the top of my head, Florida has wild strawberries, plums, cherries, and a lot of berries. They can also dig on leaves and other foliage, insects, and a lot of other things to supplement this.

Worth looking into but, just based on a sniff test, it seems plausible.
>>
>>17807082

^Orangutan. And witness was looking (and photographing) up a slope, so their estimate may well have been skewed.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2992x2164) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2992x2164
>>17810176

>up slope

Source for this?

http://www.unknownexplorers.com/myakkaape.php

Full story for anyone interested. Certainly looks like an orangutan. Aside from the discrepancy in reported size, is there anything else in the photo that leads any of you to believe it's not an orangutan?

There is a report in the area about a year prior to the photo being taken. Describes a black creature with broad shoulders/lats. See pic related - not an unreasonable description of an orangutan compared to humans. They also described it as being black, which is more similar in color to whatever was photographed than the typical reddish-brown seen in orangutans. Orangutans can be dark brown. My guess that the elements (dirt, mud, etc.) can cause the coat to become darker.
>>
Sasquatch aren't real. They're just werewolf, skinwalker, and wendigo sightings.
>>
>>17810212
Are you the same fuck who keeps making the "Is there any way I could make a real Tulpa?" or "Do you have your own Tupa?" threads?

So fucking gay.
>>
File: 1328713424556.jpg (61 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
1328713424556.jpg
61 KB, 750x600
>>17810219
I've never made a Tulpa thread.
>>
>>17810227
Oh... so you're the designated skin walker guy then, I guess.
>>
>>17807805

Nice compilation, but no sources, which pisses me off too. The ThinkerThunker breakdown vid 2nd from the end is some damned nice footage though. And notice the 90° calf lift as the subject runs.
>>
>>17810211

> Source for this?

Primarily, looking at the full photos. As I recall, it was part of the discussion by Coleman et al back when the photos first came out.
>>
>>17810211

> Certainly looks like an orangutan.

If it were taken in SE Asia, no-one would doubt it. Given the high likelihood of feral pongo escapees in the SE USA, seems amazingly unlikely it's not an orangutan.
>>
>>17810288

But it does happen and they have survived, some even establishing populations:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2012/10/25/163620501/floridas-mystery-monkey-captured-after-three-years-on-the-lam

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feral_rhesus_macaque

http://chimpanzeeinformation.blogspot.com/2009/08/wild-chimpanzees-in-florida-same-state.html?m=1

Granted, I don't think escaped or wild apes explain ALL skunk ape cases but I'm fairly confident the Myakka Ape photo is of an orangutan.
>>
>>17810303

As I said, seems amazingly unlikely it's not an orangutan.

I didn't make it plain earlier: seems obvious to me the witness misjudged the height of the subject as being taller than it probably was, because the witness was looking upward.
>>
>>17810212
Can confirm
>I shit my pants last week and my dingus turned purple
>>
>>17810316

I can't read. Apologies.
>>
>>17810212
I mean, that's cool too anyway
>>
Anyone know of any good resources with the locations of sightings for alberta? I want to check out places near me but my google fu is weak apparently
>>
>>17807404
Please do a cryptids general my dude. I'd like to hear more stories or encounters with Dogmen personally.
>>
Bigfoot Boys seem to be generally stupid people.
>>
Why is it that people photographing bigfoot can never keep the camera still? You would think that if you were going out into the woods with a camera, you would have at least basic camera skills. Especially since it seems like a lot of the videos come from people standing still. Does everyone get so terrified around a bigfoot that both their arms start trembling uncontrollably?
>>
>>17807992
If that is a hoax, it's a damn good one.
>>
>>17811536

Watch the videos. They're always breathing heavily and shaking. If you saw something that had a few feet and a few hundred pounds on you, you'd be terrified too. Wild animals are unpredictable but we generally treat them with contempt because we think we're superior and can outsmart or even outmaneuver them. Id imagine that goes right out the window when you're face to face with something unknown that is considerably larger.

It's easy to say this or that behind a computer but go camp in a WMA if you ever get the chance. Its not all easily explained or brushed off. When I take people camping that have never been before, they're unnerved the first time they hear something as simple as a raccoon walking nearby. They have no context and even though it's small, it still sounds like something large walking around.

>>17811509

I've fucked guys in prison tougher than you.
>>
>>17807404
/x/ needs this.Im sick of seeing threads "Hey /x/ I hear banging on the walls at night, am I a trans-dimensional wildebeest incubus psychic?
>>
>>17811536
>>17812128
we also have the magic of video stabilisation
>>
Reposting this from a few threads ago

I don't care about the Patterson footage, but all this woowoo/forest friend/no kill shit drives me up the fucking wall.

>"B-b-but it's an intelligent animal"
Since when did intelligent automatically mean the same thing as peaceful? Intelligence and violence are not connected.
>They're endangered
There's thousands of them, if you take away one you still have thousands of them, taking away one will not make all the others just magically disappear in a puff of smoke.

>"clear footage is impossible"
It's not, it requires more effort but it is sill possible, in order to get footage that's clear you would need to stop using trailpotatoes and thermal cameras and start using actual photographic equipment and start thinking less like a hunter and more like a wildlife photographer, which means getting far away and shooting with a long supertelephoto (300mm at least) lens as if you were trying to capture pictures and footage of deers or birds

>>"taking away one will not make all the others just magically disappear in a puff of smoke."
yeah its not like you just eliminated future generations or anything

Yeah it's not like you were assuming that every Bigfoot is the same gender and that I would be killing the only female or male of the species?
>>
>>17807404
totally agree

I understand that this is a place for "spiritual people" too, but we seriously need more plausible /x/ content like for example unsolved mysteries, cryptids or creepy crime cases
>>
>>17812509
this post seems to contradict itself and is full of flawed logic.
who brought up shooting squatchis anyway?
>>
>>17812523
Nobody in particular, I was kind of venting my frustrations with these people who see Sasquatch as a spiritual being and a forest friend. Somebody has tried bringing up mountain gorillas to try and refute the idea of intelligence not being the same thing. but to they were assuming that Bigfoot would behave like a gorilla with nothing to back that up save for using a gorilla as a template or reference for Sasquatch behavior as if a new animal has to somehow apply to some preconceived criteria or template for behavior and physiology that is somehow set by an already discovered creature
>>
>>17811471
What's a Dogman? I've never actually heard of these before
>>
>>17812546
oh well
in that context I can understand your frustration. also just saw, that the way it is quoting something, confused me

However, I would think it is a good idea to not shoot a bigfoot, simply because we cant know how many there are. I think it is reasonable to assume they are at least endangered and I think we all want to see a living one.

self defence is of course a different story
>>
>>17812592
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1l6ueDTwlg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_Dogman

pretty similar to bigfoot
>>
>>17812618
Oh shit, that's interesting

Thanks Fampai
>>
>>17812600
>However, I would think it is a good idea to not shoot a bigfoot
What if the rounds being used are non-lethal like tranquilizers or beanbags?
>>
>>17812618
most of those are black bears.
>>
>>17812618
And the Gable film is a hoax
>>
>>17812618
ayy I live in Michigan
>>
File: bigfoot.gif (4 MB, 1070x216) Image search: [Google]
bigfoot.gif
4 MB, 1070x216
>>17806399
>>
>>17812675
Thats even worse, it'll just pester him off.
>>
>>17812511

Thanks. Glad you and others do. I'll start it tonight or if someone wants to do it before then, by all means. Can't wait to participate.
>>
>>17812675
>What if the rounds being used are non-lethal
Well, by shoot I meant kill
>>
>come to /x/
>dogmen and face-eaters are still barely talked about despite being the up and coming cryptids

You guys are the worst.
>>
>>17816006

By all means, make a thread. I'd love to learn more.
>>
>>17806399
There's something behind it. Zoom left side pixelation fluctuates it's not light angle it's not even in the water.
>>
>>17806399
Also the reflection on water is not cast.
>>
>>17806951
>someone reposted my gif
>and even used the same filename
MOM GET THE CAMERA
>>
>>17810316
>seems obvious to me the witness misjudged the height of the subject as being taller than it probably was, because the witness was looking upward.
>just because something is so much taller than you that you have to look up at it doesnt mean that its bigger than you :^)
fuck this board im leaving again
>>
>>17812675
why would you shoot it with bean bags you stupid piece of shit
>>
>>17816167

Are you blind? I can clearly see the reflection of what I presume is the leg.

See >>17806537
>>
>>17817524

There is a reason why eyewitness accounts are low on the court of law totem poll.
>>
File: MoMoney-Poster.jpg (35 KB, 286x425) Image search: [Google]
MoMoney-Poster.jpg
35 KB, 286x425
I used to be big into bigfoot research and genuinely interested in it, but over time I started realizing that these things are supposedly seen in almost every area of the world, yet have still never been found. Also the online communities and their willingness to believe every single story and even obvious hoaxes drove me away from it.

Leads me to believe that these things are a cultural phenomenon since stories of wildmen are in almost every culture.
>>
>>17816006
Dogmen were incredibly popular here for a while
>>
>>17817944

>cultural phenomenon since stories of wildmen are in almost every culture.

Yes, but the ones described by Native Americans were very much real life creatures. Great example of this is are the Nootka and Heilstuk tribes of the Northwest. They called Bigfoot "stick indians"; they called the mythical wildmen of the forest Bukwus. They recognized the latter as being lore, the former being real.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.