[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sleep paralysis thread. Share your stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: 1428642828802.jpg (581 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1428642828802.jpg
581 KB, 1200x1600
Sleep paralysis thread. Share your stories
>>
>>17805306
>road trip
>passenger side
>the family comes to a gas station to refuel
>slowly open my eyes but still half asleep
>realize i can't move anything
>panic ensues
>see figure way off in the distance
>just standing there
>i can't focus on him
>everything is crystal clear but he is completely blurry
>close my eyes
>wait about a minute
>everything was back to normal
>it hasn't happen since (knock on wood)
>>
>>17805306
>I have literally nothing to contribute: the thread
Every time
>>
File: 1443561878861.jpg (8 KB, 200x146) Image search: [Google]
1443561878861.jpg
8 KB, 200x146
>>17805306
What the fuck is that image??
>>
>>17805432
that's what i wanna kno
>>
felt like I was about to be raped by demons basically
>>
>>17805306
Wake up
Dog is pissing on me
Unable to move
Go the fuck back to sleep, deal with the piss
>>
>>17805432
>>17805677
Seconded
>>
>>17805306
I had one involving a little eyeless child glowing blue and climbing out of floating mirrors.

Details sketchy though.
>>
>>17805432
>>17805677
>>17805753
http://featurecreaturesfx.blogspot.ca/2011_09_01_archive.html
>>
>>17805721
because that's what is so your pick up your flaming sword and burn out their eyes.
>>
>>17806169
IT* they try to mislead.
>>
THE HOLY FIRE THAT BURNS IN OUR HEARTS TURNS ALL THAT IS EVIL TO ASH. DIE AND GO TO MY ASS AND BECOME SHIT.
>>
>>17805306
woke up could not breath could not move or speek watched a copy of my self walk in the front door walk over to me sit next to me a then i snapped out of it.
>>
>>17805306
How do you trigger sleep paralysis? Not that I want to, but I just find it strange that it's never happened to me
>>
File: grats.jpg (68 KB, 884x800) Image search: [Google]
grats.jpg
68 KB, 884x800
>>17806181
How's the autism treating you?
>>
>Be me at 14 yrs old
>Wake up at 3 AM
>Cant move
>Hear a window getting smashed in the dining room
>Can move after 4 seconds
>Grab the wooden broom handle I leave under my bed
>Go to dining room
>Itwasfuckingnothing
>Asked my mum if she heard it
>Nope
>>
>>17806183
i always have full colored vivid dreams it just happened. it was
>>
Woke up, but not really up. Heard people talking about me, understood they wanted me to do something but couldn't remember after I could move again. Since then I just wake up and see shadows moving. What seems to wake me up is simply focusing on making a grip with my hands. This last one I had is bad though. There were the same shadows except much taller and standing upside down beneath the earth. One was even sitting right under my bed
>>
>dreaming about walking in a park I know at night
>see someone I know sitting under a tree, I sit there too
>some time passes and I feel that a malicious being is approaching from somewhere
>somehow I realize that I'm in a dream, and also that if I stay inside, I'm safe
>I do whatever I can to stay there, grab the tree, cry for help
>it doesn't work, and it feels that I'm getting pulled out of my dream
>out of body experience kicks in for a few moments, it feels like I'm spinning over my own body
>I'm back in my body, I can't move a finger, and I feel that the being is behind me, at the other end of the room
>I also hear random, low voices and whispers from that direction
>I struggle to move while the thing is slowly approaching from behind
>some time passes, now it's directly behind me, and I stop struggling
>I feel the touch of a cold, damp fingertip on the back of my neck and immediately wake up for real

It happened 2 or 3 times after that, but I just got annoyed and it stopped after a few moments.
>>
I wish I could have sleep paralysis every day.. here's the reason why: http://www.inducinglucidity.com/#!Should-I-Be-Scared-of-Sleep-Paralysis/c23ru/57345b0e0cf2ab35c74535f2
>>
>>17805306

>half wake up in the middle of the night
>see a large, out of focus figure standing over me
>brain WTFs and I fully wake up
>see the figure more clearly
>about seven feet tall
>dressed in black robes
>limbs and fingers are disproportionately long
>skin is grey
>head is normal size but the face is upside down
>eyes are black, nose is very flat
>mouth is too wide, has no lips and too many teeth, all of which were pointed
>I'm in full panic mode as I realise I can't move
>figure raises it's right arm and strokes my hair
>begins to lean in towards my face
>suddenly what sounds like thousands of people screaming in my ears at a defeaning volume and a crushing weight on top of me
>close eyes tight, try force myself to move
>manage to roll away from the creature, off the otherside of my bed and straight onto my feet
>look where the figure was
>fucking nothing
>only things I can hear are my heartbeat and the ringing of my tinnitus

I wish I could draw because I can still picture that bastard perfectly in my mind even though this was two years ago.
>>
posted this in a creepy story thread, happened last week
at about 2am I woke up like I couldn't move, and it took a while for me to register that I was actually in my bed - the surroundings looked slightly different. There were figures in my room, dressed in black, surrounding me. Then I woke up in my actual bed, sweating and crying.
>>
>>17805306
I get it all the time.
Starts with a sort of waking dream,
then I feel tingles, like my whole body is asleep.
Get stuck between wake and sleep.
Never seen any "beings"
Almost used to it now.
Happens almost everytime I nap during the day,
never at night....
I don't care for naps.
>>
>>17806419
??
you know your sleeping on an array of energy coils
those metal coils conduct radio + electricity and are used for god knows what

>coils are used to build radios, amplifiers, repeaters, speakers, energy weapons, coil guns, MRI machines (brain reading)
>coil technology is found in electromagnetic coils, transe-former coils, energy weapons, scanning machines
>those coils repeat the lines from power lines (60Hz, interdimensional energy! associated with the nervous system or eyeballs) [european bedding.sg video what energy is flowing through your mattress]
>those coils create an electromagnetic field, perfect for cell nucleus control (think radio or magnetic prison for the cells of your brain) [google zero induction coils]

its basicly a dartboard... bed of nails... a holodeck and a satellite dish all in one.

>yay.
>>
>>17806451
>coils are used to build radios, amplifiers, repeaters, speakers, energy weapons, coil guns, MRI machines
and springs
springs.
Also brainwaves are anywhere from 8-70Hz,
hardly a dialable frequency.
Also, go get a multimeter and hook it to your mattress. What frequency is it oscillating at?
(it isn't)
>>
>>17806178
woah this guy is so smart listen to him 10-10
>>
OOOOOOOO DOGGY I HAVE A STORY

>be me
>went to bed at 2 AM, usually don't go to bed this late
>open window cause it's hot
>around two hours later
>spooky car alarm goes off right outside my house
>I can't move
>feel a complete sense of dread
>every little sound freaks the fuck out of me
>I hear my brother talking to me, asking me if I turned the lights out
>I can't respond
>I can only let out little gasps
>things eventually calm down

looking back I think it might have been a false awakening, but I honestly have no clue.
>>
>>17806707
Oh, just to add, my brother wasn't in the room with me and was fast asleep at the time.
>>
>going to sleep
>woke up a few times during the night
>during one dream everything was vivid as fuck
>eyesight was in greyscale
>laying in bed facing upwards
>i live in a basement suite and i feel a presence coming down my stairs
>slowly see a shadow descending the stairs into my room
>i feel another presence to my left
>i start hearing this deafening mechanical nosie/screech/white noise
>wake up

this happened at least 3 times that night
>>
is it normal to have extremely vivid dreams during sleep paralysis?
>2-3 years ago
>got sleep paralysis while i was taking a nap during the middle of the day
>can't move body
>having trouble breathing
>Suddenly see a very clear visual of a brain with a video game like loading bar under it
>when it got to 100 % i think i woke up
>>
>>17806744
another story I had from my old house, not sure if it was a REALLY vivid dream or was sleep paralysis

>sleeping
>bed and my head is facing my closet
>closet has a little cubby at the every top to put stuff in
>laying on my side
>i feel a presence within the cubby and it's not moving, just sitting there.
>room was pitch black
>i have a large dresser that's near the door entering the room
>as im focused on the presence in the cubby i notice a large tall goat headed man peering over the dresser
> this man was much taller than the door (probably 6'5 door)
>i wake up in a cold sweat and can't fall back asleep
>>
>>17805306
There was a time when I was into spooky things and somehow learnt to trigger sleep paralysis at will. It was fun at first but now my thoughts are very unpleasant when I'm in that state so I don't do it anymore.

>>17806744
Also, I have only heard that screech once. It was awesome. I was having this super vivid dream and it was like a distant noice at first, but the noice grew louder and louder 'till I "woke up" into sleep paralysis.
>>
File: bxq91uH.jpg (44 KB, 328x316) Image search: [Google]
bxq91uH.jpg
44 KB, 328x316
>>17806468
60Hz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNs99_6yUOM
>>
I have one

>Be me
>Half asleep in bed
>Light coming from the kitchen
>Roommate is rummaging around cooking something
>I see a figure through the slit of my eyes standing at the doorway
>It's black and distorted, like its an image being swept away by wind
>Hear a droning sound faintly in my ear
>It's not coming from outside but inside my ear
>The black being closes the door
>I want to yell out to my roommate but all I can do is mumble
>Black being starts to creep up my leg
>I can feel it touch me
>My mouth starts to make at least audible groans
>Being is over my body and is inching closer
>Door opens and roommate flips on the light
>I snap out of it
Sometimes he has night terrors in this house but one of our other roommates, who is native american, parents gave us some ash to rub on our head if it happened again.
Since we had that jar of ash nothing has happened.
>>
I think I had my first one last night. I hope you guys can help me identify it.
>Wake up middle of the night
>On my side with my back facing my room
>Have the feeling like someone is behind me
>Try to turn myself but can't
>Firstly I start to panic
>Realise whats going on and just relax
>Wake up later for real
>Don't know if it was a dream or not
So what do you guys think, was I just dreaming or was it paralysis?
>>
I get it often usually with really bad anxiety. The more I breathe and confront the fear the more intense it gets. I broke through one time and was able to fly with some lucidity. Pretty sick I don't fear it anymore.
>>
>>17806769
Yeah, the screech was really disturbing. Like a mix between some sort of demon and metal being crushing/white noise.
>>
I once experienced a sleep paralysis, more than two years ago. As far as I remember it was after waking up, I realized I couldn't move and saw some slender man-like creature coming into my room through the door. I remember talking to it and perhaps it also talked to me. As the creature came nearer to my bed, I got more and more scared. Fortunately it never reached me, for I woke up before it did.

After waking up, I could see everything clearly in my memories, only the words I had spoken I had forgotten completely. I think I already knew about sleep paralyses by that time, but this makes me wonder why I was still scared.
>>
>>17806795

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBzCOGMZmb8

I'm spooped. I've had trouble sleeping and find it hard to 'turn off'. Whenever I wake up I feel like I've been through a wood chipper.
>>
I fell asleep in a recliner chair once and dreamed that a very large spider (large enough for its legs to span my entire chest) crawled up into my lap. I woke up screaming like a little bitch and it took me forever to process that I had dreamed it. I'm pretty sure it was a sleep paralysis dream because I couldn't move for a few seconds and I saw the room that I was in quite vividly
>>
>>17805306
This happened in 2015 or 2014 don't remember but this freaked me the hell out.
>Goes to sleep at 1 AM after a group skype call i've been for about 4 hours
>falls asleep
>in the dream I was in some wooden ass house
>prettyspooky.jpg
>Couldn't move my body at fucking all
>starts freaking out
>The room apparently didn't have a door
>Out of the corner of my eye I see some tall ass fucking creature walking to me
>tried moving my body but I couldn't really
>Creature gets closer and close
>I tried letting out something or pretty much anything but I couldn't
>creature gets more and more closer reaching a claw at me
>I panic much more but wake up panting hard

That sp000ked the fuck out of me but I want it to happen again
>>
>>17807363
Pretty sure that's just a nightmare m8
>>
>I wake up every nigh
>But not completly awake
>I feel and see my surrounding clearly
>But cant do anything about it
>I see a man with a pitch black mask
>He sits on my desk
>always has strage black clothing with black markings
>He stares at me every night
>Sometimes he walks toward me
>Once he sat on my chest >it felt like fire covering my body
>When i awoke i was in a clod sweat
>since then i try not to sleep...
>>
>>17807505
I agree.
>>
>Have a dream
>See Batman and Robin in a room
>Hey Batman what's up
>He pulls out a knife and fucking shanks me
>Drop dead thinking what the fuck Batman you're not supposed to kill people
>Everything goes dark and I'm paralyzed for what feels like hours
Man fuck dream Batman, what a fucking asshole.
>>
>>17806844
not the anon you were responding to, it was the same for me as well. one time i was being flung around and around above my parents bed, in circles, during the half dream half paralysis
>>
I've had sleep paralysis since the 8th grade, but it had never really scared me. This happened last year though.
I usually sleep on my side but I had woken up on my back. There was a little girl standing over me. I thought "what are you" the little girl then had like an overlay of one of those grey aliens. After that the girl dissappeared and I could move. I was probably just hallucinating.
>>
File: snek-kek.jpg (55 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
snek-kek.jpg
55 KB, 800x800
>>17807775
>>
>Be 8
>go to sleep
>hate it cause I have to wake up early
>wake up for school
>try to get up
>wat
>...
>legs dont work
>arms can barely move
>so shocked and horrified I start screaming
>mom rushes up to see wtf was going on
>I tell her my legs dont work
>she thinks im fucking with her
>she tells me to go back to bed and sleep in
>pass out after she leaves the room
>wake up perfectly fine 3hrs later
>>
>am I op
>>
>be me op
>dreaming about being in a punk band documentary
>talk about how we found a trapped Siberian family when recording music video
>play music video
>can hear them say help in Siberian
>freak the fuck out because I don't know Siberian but somehow I know that
>wake up
>can't fucking move so sorta twitch and seizure while some black entity is in the corner of my room moving back and forth
>try to twitch my face to the phone 4 inches away from my nose
>can't twitch hard enough
>freaking out
>fall asleep and wake up in piss
>>
I had night terrors when I was ages maybe 5 or six till i was around thirteen. The usual tall slender shadow figures, they would surround my bed and look down at me, when they would reach out to touch me it would feel like an ice pack covered in needles being ran over my skin. The Night terrors/Sleep Paralysis stopped for twelve years, then when I was pregnant they came back really strong in my second and third trimester. A lot of the time the SP would feature little imp sized things that would crawl over the walls and ceiling and perch on my headboard and leer down at me, and dog shaped things without a head or tail that would wheeze horribly. Later on a really large muscular shape would walk in on all fours, like a bear crawl, and slip its arms over the side of my bed and reach into my stomach. The pain was incredible, what usually woke me up was screaming, my husbo worked night shift so it was me and my cat.

After my son was born they stopped again for the most part, I have had a few little instances of the group of slender dark figures over my bed, or maybe one or two clinging to the ceiling.

I think they are kinda hereditary, because my brother has them occasionally, and my son started being afraid of the "dark-light" when he was around three, and waking up screaming and crying. It is interesting how the instances never really stop being terrifying.
>>
I usually keep my eyes closed for protection, but I always hear growling and heavy breathing next to me, also astral winds. Thing get much more dramatic if I try to disconnect my soul into the astral realm and scream, something always pushes me back to the body, probably to protect me.
>>
woke up in bed, couldnt move, hear somethign very large get on my bed, its invisible though. i put my finger in my mouth to wake up and get my body moving, "wake up" shortly after, my fingers were not wet at all. i was NOT dreaming, and my fingers were not wet, so i must have been in a different reality or something ,that is all i can figure about sleep paralysis shit.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.