[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black Forest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: black forest.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
black forest.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1600
I am going to the Black Forest in Germany in a few days /x/. Anyone know any stories or locations to check out? Google didn't seem to say much.
>>
>>17805178
bring a bike lock
>>
I'm Schwarzwald geht der Förster umher
>>
The legend of brother's hole (Brudersloch)
The brother's hole is said to be an old cave near Kandern in the southern black forest. A former friar is said to have lived there and produced gold.
In literature, the brother's hole is first mentioned around 1688. It's said to be a cave where an old hermit dwells. He tried to produce gold with bizarre fluids. He was convicted as he tried to sell his gold on a nearby market.
The cave is said to hide a treasure and a secret passage to the Hammersteiner Mill.
The brother's hole does really exist, but there are hardly any signs that guide the way. The path leading to the cave has to be wandered with care, as it is hard to see and isn't administered any more. It runs below a distinctive ledge, called the devil's pulpit (Teufelskanzel).
>>
The Nachtkrapf or Nachtkrabb (difficult to translate something like nightraven/nightcrow, as "Krabb" is an old dialect word for raven or crow)
The Nachtkrapf is a counterpart to the sandman, and appears in the shape of a gigantic black bird. It is said to grab children that stay out after sunset, and takes them far away into the forests, so that they never find their way back home.
>>
File: black-forest-cake-recipe.jpg (36 KB, 552x463) Image search: [Google]
black-forest-cake-recipe.jpg
36 KB, 552x463
>>17805178
Don't forget to grab some of that delicious gateau
>>
Blindensee (blind lake)
The Blindensee is a highmoor at the border between Schönwald and Schonach. Some people say its name derives from its dark color. The legend tells from a white hand, that grasps out of the water to find something to hold. It's said to be the hand of an old wanderer who got lost in the swamp and drowned there. Many people swear that they saw it and some even say it reached out to grab them.
>>
The Mummelsee
It is a glacial lake in the northern black forest. Back in ancient days it was said to reach down into the bowels of the earth, where the waterspirits dwell. It's said that every human that dives down will die. If you throw a stone into the water you anger the spirits in the lake and they may send deadly winds and thunderstorms over the land.
>>
that's all I got so far. All these legends have real and verifiable sources - and the places they originate are visitable, which may be quite interesting for you as a tourist. I am sure there are more obscure and scary stories about the black forest out there.
Just make up your own story. just make your way into the forest alone in the dark. but be sure to be well prepared. some regions of forest are really huge and people frequently get lost there. maybe you can find out what happened to them?
>>
File: michel.jpg (35 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
michel.jpg
35 KB, 600x480
>>17805178
There is a fairy tale about the giant Holländer Michel (pic related) who offers you to grant your wishes if you give him your heart which he will pin onto a stone wall. You'll get a heart made of cold stone instead (hence the name of the fairy tale, "cold heart").

And there is forest spirit called Glasmännlein or Schatzhauser (little men of glas / treasurekeeper) who also grants you wishes, but you must be born on a sunday to meet him. Although he is inherently good, he will let you fool yourself, if you wish for the wrong things.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Das_kalte_Herz
>>
Go hang urself in that forest to make a place worth checking out
>>
>>17805181
kek
>>
>>17807093
How is it not worth checking out. Kys so i dont have to see this spam in every thread
>>
File: 220pxZwartepiet.png (87 KB, 220x331) Image search: [Google]
220pxZwartepiet.png
87 KB, 220x331
>>17807089
>giant
>holländer
tru dat
t. holländer
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.