[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to believe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 2107.jpg (34 KB, 340x425) Image search: [Google]
2107.jpg
34 KB, 340x425
Okay, I'm rather tired of people around me telling me their pseudo paranormal experiences and saying that their families have dark secrets (I live in a place where apparently that's a pretty common thing) with me living in doubt.

My gf says she's been thru lot of paranormal stuff and her mother too, aaaand her grandma's whole family aswell.

I have friends that claim to have had a weird experience with ocult shit and stuff.

I swear on everything that I've ever loved, that I really and so hardly want to believe in spoopy shit, but I just have never come across anything close to paranormal beyond an actual and shitty physical explanation.

This is my question today, /x/, in the most serious mood you could get
Does paranormal forces and shit's like ghosts and shit, actually exists? The experiences the most of the people say they had, are any true?
>>
>>17804523
This is why nobody will take /x/ seriously on anything. False OR true.
>>
Now I can shit in peace.
>>
>>17804523
You gf is an attention whore and/or insane.
>>
>>17804523
Well, yeah. But what good will it do to just say so?
>>
>>17804523
I have two different experiences that make me believe paranormal shit is real.
Unfortunately i can't prove what i saw was real but at the same time the people i tell it too can't give an explanation without sounding like a dumbass. Id rather not say my experiences though. But i don't really think about it too much since its not significant in my life.
Both times it happened though, i wasn't expecting it and i did not think it was paranormal at the time until i asked a few questions and got answers that didn't make sense.
>>
Sometimes people want an explanation. Sometimes that explanation cannot be given. These people try to find answers too hard and when not finding anything, they just end up in a spiral of knowledgeness, which leads them to go to the easiest path, which is, ironically, the unknown. After these people tell their stories, the ones who hear them find reasonable to use the unknown as an explanation, which results into people thinking that the paranormal actually exiist. It's hard to say if the paranormal exist or not, because even if the experiences they say they've had are true, it's almost impossible to know if it they were true because it was verily related to the paranormal, or they found an easier explanation on it, or they simply agree that the paranormal exist to begin with. So in the end, the only way to know if the paranormal exists is to be part of an actual paranormal event, or have someone without any kind of influence on this to tell you that they've been in situations that cannot be explained at all. Ghosts, forces, entities, whatever people believe, might exist, but sometimes they only exist in the mind of people who couldn't find an answer, or simply, people who had the answer before, the paranormal.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>17804523
Meditation and self awareness. Then you will know for yourself.
>>
File: Screenshot_8.png (52 KB, 177x192) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_8.png
52 KB, 177x192
>>17804565

>I'd rather not say my experiences
>They're not significant in my life

Boi, you are in a paranormal board, just spit them out; if that makes me believe even a little bit I'll be greatful
>>
>>17804523
>(I live in a place where apparently that's a pretty common thing
this is not meant to be offensive but are these people on the lower end of the socioeconomic scale?
>>
>>17804784

Nah, we're just mexicans, mid-high class mexicans

I also watched a video of a woman that was talking about her experiences since she moved from Mexico to Japan, but I've always though that nihon-jinners were just overspiritual about everything since they still have shrines for various deities.
>>
>>17804784
Dude, not OP, but rich neighborhoods are filled with dark shit. These assholes wanna keep their dark secrets under wraps, so they do whatever they can to sweep anything bad under the rug. I had two friends who were being molested by family members, a handful of drug addicts were squirreled away in attics basements and spare rooms and were only let out when all the good, god-fearing people had gone to bed, and only left to get their fix and came right the fuck back because at least it was a roof and some food. My mother adopted me for brownie points (I'm native, she's white) and treated me like a dress up doll for the first eight years of my life, only letting me out of my room for school or when my adoptive father or adoptive great grandmother insisted.

Not trying to be a jerk because I know you're not either, but the sunshine and roses and godly attitudes are fake as fuck.
>>
>>17804523

Your brain gets a lot of information. You can trick your brain unconsciously to receive false information.

>Read this slowly, pretend there is someone behind you right now.
>Imagine just their face, just their eyes,
>wide eyes, see the whites of their eyes, small pupils,
>WIDE WHITE EYES STARING AT YOU
>BEHIND YOU RIGHT NOW
>BLOODSHOT EYES
>DID YOU HEAR THAT
>THAT NOISE
>SCRATCHING?
>WHAT WAS IT?

You can trick yourself into feeling scared or getting a shiver down your spine. And that's what happens when we experience something spooky, we set off false predator alarms in our body, which is a biological response to prepare yourself for a fight or flight.

People who are superstitious were the ones who would have lived long enough in prehistory to pass on their genes, because not reacting to a jaguar sneaking up behind you means you would be dead, running away from shadows means you live, even if the shadows are just shadows.
>>
File: 1452565748795.jpg (53 KB, 507x522) Image search: [Google]
1452565748795.jpg
53 KB, 507x522
>>17804860

Thank you for that genetistic response
I knew that, but it's good to have it reforced

Although I must say, just like Dostoievsky once said "I have all the tools not to be supersticious, yet I still believe in God" or something like that, and tho I don't really believe in the paranormal, I do feel like it must exist, somehow in a tangible way.
>>
>>17804963
imagine what shit exists out there in the void of the unknown we haven't even imagined yet.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.