[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any /x/-verified methods to combat very debilitating POCD (purely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: ocd.jpg (133 KB, 1023x513) Image search: [Google]
ocd.jpg
133 KB, 1023x513
Any /x/-verified methods to combat very debilitating POCD (purely obsessional OCD)? Hypnosis work?
>>
>>17804339
suicide
>>
>>17804344
first post laying down some truth bombs
>>
I made a post about this in the paranoid behaviors thread. >>17798666

I'll be around for any further questions.
>>
>>17804344
fpbp
>>
>>17804339
https://www.amazon.com/Mindfulness-Workbook-OCD-Overcoming-Compulsions/dp/1608828786/

try this, mindfulness and mindfulness meditation with some CBT, it will probably help you. but you probably should see a good psychologist and do the CBT with him.
>>
Pick up RAW's "Prometheus Rising" and Hyatt's "Undoing Yourself"

Excercises in Prometheus, if you actually do them properly, will literally put you in a critical stage of a Double Bind, so it'll kinda cancel out your Pure-O.

worked for me
>>
>>17804339
I have that and ptsd which makes it worst just find stuff to do I guess
>>
>>17804344
Hilarious and original
>>
say what you want, but prozac has helped me. my obsessions really only get crazy now when i get stressed out. they're still there, but easier to manage with prozac day to day.
>>
Ok so is there a chance that someone with POCD would act on the obssesions? i have this and it's a fucking nightmare. I'm saying this because i was talking with an anon the other day with Pocd and necrophiliac tendencies and he said thst he found it very difficult to restrain himself
>>
>>17806654
Have you been working on coping methods along with the medication?
>>
>>17806949
the medication has allowed me to think more rational about things. the thoughts are still there, but they don't overtake everything. i do meditate and take breaks throughout the day, just to chill whether i need it or not. go outside listen to the birds, watch the trees blowing. i'm also married, so my wife is a great support, now that she understands. although it's irrational to her, i can't help it and she gets that now. she's good at redirecting my thoughts.
>>
>>17807153
That's good to hear. Nice to hear that your main gal is supportive. My partner has his own anxiety issues to deal with, but that helps me get out of my own head more often than not.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.