[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lynchburg Spoops
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
I was wondering if anyone knew any /x/ related things about Lynchburg, VA?

Thins like haunted places, urban exploration, or just some paranormal history? I'm going to college there in the fall and I'm looking for some cool places to explore.
>>
>>17804012

I don't know of any major spoops in that area. There was a guy claiming to be OTO or AA or something like that in Roanoke, some years ago. Don't know whether anything came of it.
>>
Bumpety Bump
>>
I lived there awhile. Would love some info. But there are abandoned houses everywhere to explore.
>>
File: 1464480599936.gif (827 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1464480599936.gif
827 KB, 600x450
>>17804273
>>17804457
I'll bump your ass :^)
>>
>>17804012
If you're going to liberty, you dun goofed.

There are plenty of stories and places, but nothing outstanding beyond the usual civil war ghosts and bootlegging tunnels. And I guess I saw a black shuck once but l don't have much of a story other than it was dark and so was this dog thing that came out if the woods and didnt move and I turned the fuck around
>>
>>17804012
Fucking Christ. I lived in Lynchburg for 10years, mostly middle school and highschool. Around then there were a collection of several spiritual groups, ghost hunters, totemic types, and whatever else you wanna call supernaturally interested folks. People would flock to bald mountain (now where the Liberty LU is, cause liberty fucking ruins everything) or to the Training Center (y'know, the place for people with psychological issues... and where they had forced sterilization as late as the '70s).
Friends of mine all had different interests. Modern paganism, divination, ghost hunting. You'd find most of us at Dave's (used to be a restaurant that later became RUBS... it's something else now) or Waffle House at the old location. Everyone hangs out for a while. Maybe I throw some I Ching, or someone else would read tarot... or... whatever really. In turn we'd decide we should go somewhere. Like Percival's Isle (sometimes the coffee shop by that name, another place long gone, but more often the actual Percival's Isle). There were plenty of cemeteries to tool around in, and with enough creativity you could get into interesting places.
We spent a lot of late nights at Monument Terrace attempting to sort out patterns and methods in how it was constructed. Sure that there was something special to it. A secret from the Mason's? Geometric wisdom found in it's granite steps.
Eventually I moved away for college. I was most recently back about a month ago.
Most of the people I know from then, including myself, have gone full skeptic at this point. Conversing with them we see the past as a bunch of high school kids that worked each other up and played off one another.
Being in a boring city and not being the type that drank or did any drugs lead to a lot of having to entertain yourself. Investigating things that seemed creepy or supernatural was a way to escape that.
All that said, 1 thing is still the same all these years later: I still don't want to live in Lynchburg
>>
>>17804012
Oh, and some suggestions from when I was last there: there isn't anything cool to explore.
Not even decent places to drink (well, ok, some decent tap houses).
There is good food to be found (as there normally is in the south), and honestly the best espresso I've ever had is in Lynchburg (at Monte Carlo. Have Philip or Vito make it).
Getting back in the woods around the area can be fun.
I think by the end of my time living there, my idea of a good time was going to Sheetz at 3AM and listening to KMFDM in the parking lot while eating some shitty hot dogs. Or camping out at Waffle House and drinking as much coffee as I could in a 6 hour period (while reading occult history books or consulting the I CHING).
Now a days I think my best hope to be entertained would either be drinking heavily or wandering aimlessly. Maybe try wandering aimlessly. It's probably your best hope.

Also: yeah, really hope you're not going to Liberty. Fuck that shit (unless you're studying aviation). Lynchburg College or Randolph Macon are the way to go.

You can always troll around the high school kids at EC Glass and see if they still believe that there's tunnels underneath the school. If you're really lucky maybe one of them is in theater and can show you the boiler room and storage areas... which many kids thought were the entrance to the tunnels when I was a kid.
>>
>>17804012
As other anons have said, hopefully LU wasn't your school of choice. That said, I seem to recall Lynchburg being home to number of hauntings or other strange things. Can't seem to remember what most of them are, but a few come to mind. There was said to be some ghostly activity at one time at Randolph College as well as Lynchburg College, but those might have been one-time occurrences.

Seems that most of the strange stuff if in the surrounding area than in Lynchburg proper. Though, there was supposedly a fatal attack on a child back in the 50s by a "large dog" that may have been a dogman attack.

I've heard of two roads out near Forest that have weird shit that happens there. One is Bateman Bridge Rd., where I've heard of a malevolent female apparition being seen on the rail line near the rail underpass. The other is Rt. 666 (cliche, I know), which is about a mile and a half away if you head east on Rt. 221. Will relate what I heard of that in the next post.
>>
>>17806218
The most prolific tale told of Rt 666 is that there was an old farmhouse off that road where a bunch of devil worshiping hippies holed up. IIRC, they killed some people or some shit, this story is more than likely BS, and the police raided the place, killing all the hippies.
I've only been down that road a few times, mostly using it as a shortcut to go see friends back in the day, but one thing I will say is that once night falls, you don't really see any activity on that road from the residents that live out there. The houses appear to not have any lights on inside and there's virtually no car traffic on the road. Again, I haven't been out there in nearly 15 years, so that could have changed.

Cont. with a tale I friend related after being on that road one night back in HS.
>>
>>17806232
From what he told me, he hadn't had anything to drink that night since he was the DD, but I don't know.

Anyway,
>driving back from party with a couple of friends in the car
>they're tipsy, but not drunk
>"Hey, let's cut thru here! Maybe we'll see some spoopy shit"
>laugh at friend and say sure, why not
>turn onto Rt 666
>kinda dark out here, only one house with a light on
>long section of road where the trees hang over it and seem like they're closing in as you drive
>nah, it's just late and you're spooking yourself out
>start seeing orange eyeshine from the weeds and bushes on either side past the ditches
>nothing unusual, just racoons or cats or something normal
>the eyes keep shining orange after driving past, can see it in the rear view mirrors
>wut
>start getting freaked out a bit
>looking in the rearview more than ahead, watching the eyeshine
>buddy in the passenger shit goes "OH SHIT!"
>look back ahead and see what I can only describe as a goblin or something in the middle of the road ahead, roughly 2-3 feet tall, gibbering loudly
>freak out and gun the gas
>run the ugly fucker over
>screech to a stop soon after and hang head out the window to look back
>OH SHIT! THE FUCKER'S BACK UP, NAD BOY IS HE PISSED!
>thing starts shaking with rage and bolts toward the car
>nope.jpg
>mash the gas and get the hell out of there
>thing keeps up until I hit 50 then stops once he's figured he can't catch us
>starts hopping up and down in the middle of the road, gibbering wildly like he's beyond pissed we got away
>drop buddies off and go home
>never go down that road again

Another friend also talked of the eyes in the brush beyond the ditches, but he never saw anything else weird on that road.

Cont.
>>
>>17806258
Another friend had an encounter in the Concord area when driving home one night on backroads. Thinking back on it, and all that I've read in the last few years, I suspect it may have been a dogman.

>be friend
>about 2 AM, driving home on backroads
>nice night, have the windows in the truck down
>taking my time, just enjoying the drive
>spot something about 100 yards ahead on the side of the road
>"Huh....don't see that every day.... A bear munching on roadkill on the side of the road"
>slow down to get a better look, never seen a bear around here before
>about 25 yards out, the "bear" turns to face the truck
>".....fuck.....that's no bear"
>the face looks like the result if you crossed a big cat and a wolf
>has the snout of a wolf, but the ears, nose, and fangs of a big cat
>lower part of its face covered in gore from its roadkill feast
>the eyes were glowing orange. not reflecting the headlights, no. FUCKING GLOWING! (his exact words)
>coast by this thing at about 15 MPH, watching it
>damn thing stands up on two feet, is about 7 foot tall
>lets out an ungodly roar that vibrates friend to his core
>starts chasing the truck
>we're back to green flag racing
>get up to about 45 MPH and start to pull away from it
>damn thing kept chasing until it was out of sight, was doing 70+ by that point

One thing I'll say about this guy, he doesn't scare easily and is pretty no-nonsense. Hell, he didn't tell me about this until a few years after it happened, and he still thought I'd say he was nuts then.
>>
>>17805502
>If you're going to liberty, you dun goofed.

kek
>>
>>17806550
It's the truth though, a diploma from Uncle Jerry's is only worth the paper it's printed on, unless you're in sports management, and I've known a couple of guys that graduated with that degree and now work in cellphone sales
>>
I'm actually surprised anything is reported as Liberty controls the city and anything controversial that happens there gets covered up as quickly as they can, like when one of their exchange students went on a rampage and shot up the student union a few years back
>>
>>17806588

I wasn't mocking the idea. I'm a UVa grad. Calling a god-bothering institution a "university" does not a university make.
>>
>>17806591
Agreed, but since you're a Wahoo your idea of what a university is is probably pretty damn pretentious
>>
lol I went to LU. It's actually a pretty comfy city and some of the downtown sites at night are really creepy. God tier places to hike though.
>>
>>17806595
Does comfy city mean boring as fuck? Every place out side of Blacksmith in SW VA is literally flyover country, fuck them and their dry counties
>>
>>17806596
*Blacksburg
>>
>>17806596
depends on what you like to do. If you like going to clubs, eating at lots of exotic restaurants or hooking up then you will be very bored. I'm not a normie though and I appreciate small town aesthetics, hole in the wall places, urban exploration and hiking.
>>
>>17806593

Indeed it is, but though I kid my wife about her degree from Tech, I don't doubt that it's a good school.
>>
>>17806608
Depends on what your definition of exotic is, I usually go for dives or smaller joints that play good live music, but fuck night clubs all they are are idiot meat markets
>>
>>17806611
To add to this, how is there urban ex in Lynchburg? Liberty has been buying up almost all the available i.e: rundown property throughout the town so what's left to urbex? For hiking I just go to the Blue Ridge's, can't get better hiking that on the Appalachian Trail
>>
>>17806611
I live in Orlando and even though there's lots of stuff to do I find it boring as hell because it's soulless and designed for party people.
>>
>>17806614
I'll admit I haven't been there since 2009 but there were abandoned Victorian houses, factories, and parking areas. The downtown itself was dead most of the day anyways.
>>
>>17806621
I'm pretty sure LU bought all that up in their land blitz a few years ago, amazingly LUs attendance is up and they need more dorms and buildings

>>17806615
Like I said, nightclubs and stupid shit like that are not my forte, I prefer dives and local spots as well as the other anon

>>17806610
So then you probably don't look favorably upon other universities like JMU, GMU, UR, or RMC?
>>
>>17806639
>So then you probably don't look favorably upon other universities like JMU, GMU, UR, or RMC?

Jokingly, yes, but I still think they're good schools. To be fair, UVa isn't what it used to be. A good friend is a graduate of JMU. My niece is an undergrad, there. My snobbery is mostly for show.
>>
>>17806687
>My snobbery is mostly for show
At least yours is, ever single person I meet that graduated from there are usually pompous assholes, yes I get its the Harvard of the Mid South, yes it was designed by Thomas Jefferson, yes you have one of the best law schools on the east coast, but it's like they have a course dedicated to rubbing it everyone's nose that they attended UVA
>>
>>17806694

I agree. I wasn't there because of status. I never pledged. Mostly, I thought it was beautiful and admired TJ, for all his faults.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.