[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ahgori Sadhus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: Ahgori.jpg (392 KB, 962x1269) Image search: [Google]
Ahgori.jpg
392 KB, 962x1269
What's the deal with these guys, they seem to be the most 'unholy' holy men around. Can anyone tell me more about what they're about/suggest where to find more information?
>>
>>17800941
What's so unholy about them.
I've got a run of core Aghori material from what appears to be a legit initiate with some pujas (missing advanced materials) in the library here: >>17799605
Over in the Eastern/Saivism folder.
>>
>>17800941
Can they poo in loo?
>>
File: YqHE6Ma.jpg (37 KB, 480x442) Image search: [Google]
YqHE6Ma.jpg
37 KB, 480x442
>>17800956
They may or may not, but obviously you're incapable of shitting anywhere but in-post.
>>
>>17800963
Are they going to make india a superpower by 2020?
>>
>>17800971
Who gives a fuck?
OP's wondering about a specific tradition of transgressive ascetic funerary Saivism aimed at conquering fear of death and other similar emotions.
>>
>>17800950
All I meant was that with the stereotypical idea of a holy man/sadhu you don't tend to imagine a drinking cannibal who fucks whores in graveyards. That's what I've heard about them and I was curious to see if anyone could enlighten me
>>
>>17800941
They are beings who achieved protection by any injury and disease through developing a thick, mentally controlled biological armor of pure shit and dirt. This is accomplished through yoga and meditation.
>>
>>17800979
>stereotypical idea of a holy man/sadhu you don't tend to imagine a drinking cannibal who fucks whores in graveyards
You've obviously not been exposed to the Indo-Tibetan traditions regarding funerary ascesis (which may actually have roots in late Zoroastrian synchretisms with emerging Buddhism).

What you want out of the folder.
The text on Chinnamasta from the main folder.
Kapalas and Kalamukhas in "Beginners and Basics" then the various drafts and segments of Aghora, which has some of the basic and some intermediate initiatory practices as confirmed by a Polish regular on /omg/ who ran off to India to learn about the Vajrayana but who ended up running with his friendly local Aghori.

My Kaula contacts tell me some info in the Aghora book's been redacted or at least not fully explained, so take it for what it is.
>>
>>17800977
Well you'd need that when you're drinking and bathing in shit and your family's ashes on a daily basis
>>
Their appearance is superficial. True practitioners of nondual realization find emptiness in all manifested phenomena. Of course there are always those who are fixated on looking or acting a certain way in order to identify themselves as such, but such attachment is indicative of being a fraud. Those people exist everywhere.
>>
>>17801012
>~t. Krsnite/Vaishnavu/Advaita Vedanta that's mega salty that different people get to have different spiritual traditions too
>>
>>17801020
you sound salty yourself, desu.
>>
>>17801021
I'm not the one attempting to derascinate the liberation protocols of a tradition I don't like.
>>
>>17801020
I don't care about traditions, I'm only interested in results. Like I said, appearances are superficial. I find the proof is in realization of the mind in its natural, undisturbed state. As far as I'm concerned anything less is fraudulent. That is my experience, not theory.
>>
>>17801024
Your attitude of defender of the faith makes you look pretty salty, why do you care that much about troll posts/retards? I guess you must really hate disinfo.
>>
>>17800956
I doubt it. Just look at that guy. I doubt he knows about shoes, or literacy either.
>>
Hmm... trying to identify his gear here.

Lets see... tulsi wood necklace.. rudraksha seed necklace... is that carnelian and clear quartz?

appears to be a yantra medallion.. ekadanda staff? trishula trident w/ om symbol... vibhuti ash?

This guys in it to win it.
>>
Is that big ticket P.L destroyer of brown eyes ?
>>
>>17800941
they drink semen and menstrual blood to achieve moksha
>>
>>17801186
There's a thing involving a metal stake/straw and a corpse that goes far beyond that.
>>
File: Aghori2.jpg (51 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Aghori2.jpg
51 KB, 640x360
>>17800941
They are the holiest you fucking pleb. They are the equivalent to priests in my religion. I look forward to getting diagnosed with cancer cause I plan on being one at the end of my life. Was going to be one at 18 but figured it wouldn't be realistic since Hindus don't speak English; turns out they do!
>>
File: rnr5-2ea0a0c.jpg (13 KB, 576x416) Image search: [Google]
rnr5-2ea0a0c.jpg
13 KB, 576x416
>>17801186
>to achieve moksha

Yea...it's just mind blowing what people will do to achieve moksha these days.
>>
>>17801311
Do you worship toilets? Because the Ganges is essentially one giant toilet anyway.
>>
>>17801494
Scared of shit and piss. You must be a tough guy.
>>
>>17801060
asceticism is a religious practice, they'll look that way even if they were rich beforehand (like St. Francis or Buddha).
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 640x640
I would recommend reading the book, "Siddhartha". Here's the audiobook. https://youtu.be/ObrL1Pb5o00
>>
File: 1464641884962.gif (2 MB, 450x344) Image search: [Google]
1464641884962.gif
2 MB, 450x344
>>17801576

Uh no, I'm a civilized guy. I understand enough about germ theory to be a firm supporter of proper sanitation and hygiene. But you go right on ahead and enjoy your hepatitis and leprosy there son.

>>17803765
So basically the third world's equivalent of trust fund babies? And hipsters. "Daddy, I want to be a kooky hippie religious visionary faggot this week, please throw some money at it right now!"
>>
>>17803988
What about them makes them a trustfund baby?

They FORGO money
>>
>>17803988
>I know enough about germ theory to not be in constant fear of them.
>>
>>17803783
Great book, and /lit/core too, I believe.
>>
File: ganges.jpg (300 KB, 1300x866) Image search: [Google]
ganges.jpg
300 KB, 1300x866
>>17801494
There's more to the ganges river than what you see in your Jew controlled propaganda media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yVs2-vh7yQ
>>
>>17800977
Buttmad pajeet detected
Stop worshipping the toilets.
>>
>>17801032
Because he's probably a college kid who thinks his opinion on any matter is the most important and therefore needs to be respected.
When in actuality he's just a tripfag retard.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.