[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dream Interpreter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: luciddreamingimage2.jpg (120 KB, 848x943) Image search: [Google]
luciddreamingimage2.jpg
120 KB, 848x943
Hello anons,

I want to practice interpreting dreams. Since the other thread is practically dead, I will be on for a few hours trying to offer both psychological and spiritual interpretation of dreams.

Remember the more details you can provide, the better the interpretation.
>>
>>17799701
Here's a few general rules for dreams that can be interpreted:

> they leave an impression on you for a long period of time
> have to be very symbolic and meaningful
> can provide a lot of details
> have very vivid locations
> seem to last very long and have narrative coherence

Not every dream has a hidden meaning. Or maybe they do but those are beyond my scope and abilities.
>>
File: 1464583479288.png (70 KB, 2400x2220) Image search: [Google]
1464583479288.png
70 KB, 2400x2220
>>17799701
>Since the other thread is practically dead

Um, no it isn't. Why don't you practice there, where a lot of people have already posted their dreams and want interpretation?
>>
>>17799727
I have been posting there anon, I'm currently going through the thread to do others. But last days have been sparse with material and I want something fresh to work with.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (17 KB, 513x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
17 KB, 513x200
Okay.

So, last night I was in a forest, with three of my friends. We were close, but maybe we were more like colleagues than friends. So, we start setting up, putting this ladder that's about 50 feet tall up, so we can install whatever it was we were working on. (I was the newby in the group, and didn't ask questions, just did what was told.) When we get to the top, it's sort of a platform, with tree cover, and from far away I suppose you wouldn't necessarily see us. Except, there's a glaringly huge ladder leading right up to it, and although I think this a point of concern, the other three assure me that it's fine, nobody comes out this way anyways, just relax.

So. We start putting up the rest of whatever it is that goes up on this platform, that I'm still not totally sure about. On one end is a spherical, low power black hole. I can visually see it pulling in air all around it, due to the particles of the forest drifting towards it, but only ever so slightly. It's like a gentle vacuum. On the other end, is a flat circle, that I'm told is a wormhole. Apparently, energy from the wormhole is supposed to go into the blackhole, and that's "how it works."

The wormhole is interesting, because it's perfectly seamless. When I look into it from one side, I see stars, and everything on that end of the wormhole as if I could just walk right through. It takes a bit of climbing around on branches, but from the e other side, I of course see that same starry view, but from that perspective. You could in theory go into the worm hole once, go around, go back in through the other way, and you'd end up back in the forest, but on the other side of the wormhole. Anyways.

We never finish setting everything up, because soon enough we see flashlights below. My three friends all disappear, and I go down the ladder to see what the hubbub is about. Apparently, the flashlighters are looking for three people, and want to know if I've seen anyone out here tonight, as well as what I'm doing
>>
>>17799826
I effortlessly deflect their questions, and explain I'm just out on a walk, taking in the fresh air. Nope, haven't seen anyone, but I'll certainly keep an eye out, if you can explain what they look, or who exactly I'm supposed to be looking for. All is well, and the Flashlighters continue their search farther in, leaving me to my devices. But, when I check back up the ladder, my friends are vanished. A shame, I never did get to see what this whole blackhole / wormhole contraption does when it's finished.

Not wanting to get caught or whatever with this semi-awkward situation, I move on to a beach. There I meet my old archeology professor (note: I've ever actually had an archeology professor) and we exchange familiar greetings, as I'm used to seeing him around here. Today he's digging for some kind of stone I'm interested in at all, for a reason I nod politely and feign interest in.

Eventually, I just sort of doze off, and stare as the wildlife do their thing to each other. There's about half a dozen of what I can only describe as seals, with jagged rocky plates on their backs, like a kind of horn or shell maybe. They're being absolutely savage to each other, as they do. Judging from their colors, two larger males and to a lesser degree a smaller male taking turns ravaging a female, who puts up little to no resistance. I wonder about what my morality demands of me at this moment. Should I shoo them away? Let nature take its course? Is staring wrong? Never really finding an answer to that either, I depart the beach, and wake up still thinking about what the finished blackhole / wormhole contraption was meant to do.
>>
>>17799826

There's several complex things going on in this dream that I want to expand upon.

> the movement up and down the ladder
> the dual nature of black hole/worm hole
> the disappearance of your 'friends'

To start the construction of this ladder/platform can signify a means to order your more primal lower nature (lets call this the subconscious for the discussion's sake, it can have many names). The ascension up the ladder symbolizes your conscious effort to transform your personality and inner energy towards a higher nature. This requires construction and uses already existing material to turn the chaotic and primal into something ordered and purposeful. Your friends can both be the outer "helpers" who you encounter in your life or your own inner spiritual forces who help you to attain this journey.

Once you have ascended this ladder onto a platform (another planar level of consciousness), you find there two binary dualities: the destructive (black hole) and the creative (worm hole). This can have many meanings, possible symbolizing the left hand path and the right hand path which both transfer energy between one another and end up in the same place, some sort of interconnectedness.

Now comes the more difficult part, why your friends disappeared and who the other individuals are. The way I read this is your transformation got rid of them, meaning they only served a purpose in the dream and once that purpose is over (getting you up the ladder on the next platform) then they disappeared. And the other possiblity is that they transformed into the individuals who are now below you, looking for "somebody" and to understand "what you're doing". Once you descend down the ladder you are no longer yourself, being unrecognizable and having attained that level hold a kind of knowledge which others are also looking for (symbolized by their flashlights, a kind of way to show that there are others on the search for gnosis/higher natures).
>>
>>17799840
Your refusal to share on your knowledge with others might be a sign of the ego taking control over what you believe to be a privilege. Meaning your ascension wasn't complete. Perhaps if you returned with those individuals to the platform then the black hole/worm hole would have remained.

Exiting out of the forest is also significant in many ways like any transition of environments are in dreams. This is an intersection between two halves of your mind, similarly following the dualistic nature of intersection between the destructive black hole and the creative worm hole.

Is there any reason why you were uninterested in helping your professor? This could be another instance of your mind sending messengers to you so that you resume the dreams intended person (in this case being digging up the stone). The stone could serve as a shamanistic token or totem which can further alter your dream once discovered.

Now the incident with the animals is pretty self-explanatory, at the beach where natures intersect it is no surprise to find the animalistic elements within you come alive. But your professor's presence is interesting because clearly there is some rational element there that's searching for some order/meaning in the chaotic. This violent encounter between the feminine/masculine subconscious can either be violent or passionate, in the violent case, signifying some disorder/conflict within your feminine and masculine energies.

Hope that makes sense. Thanks for the dream anon.
>>
>>17799888
>dreams intended reason

sorry I'm a little drunk
>>
Fascinating. I didn't even make the connection that the people below with their flashlights were possibly the same people I had left behind after fooling around with a time/space warping wormhole. Maybe it was me who changed. Sheesh.

The reason I was apathetic to my professor's goings on, is that I already knew he wouldn't find what he was looking for. After my experiences in the forest stage of that dream, I felt like I could see much deeper in the ground, and noticed that all the stones were the same, just different shapes, yet he still persisted in picking up and checking each, one at a time. And he seemed to be enjoying himself, so I didn't want to spoil it.

I'll be honest. Very recently this week I began having a rather out of the closet experience. Which I'm moderately comfortable with, but want to be sure about before I commit to anything. So yeah, some of that dream material is probably expected, but just thought I'd add for the sake of completeness.

Thanks for your interpretation. It helps to have someone provide a new angle, and point out the stuff that's so obvious in hindsight, but impossible to see from within its own perspective.
>>
>>17799935
No problem. It was a fun and interesting dream to discover.

Anybody else?
>>
File: picc.jpg (193 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
picc.jpg
193 KB, 800x600
This may not be relevant since it was a dream I had as a child, but I can't forget it and it's still something I think about and remember vividly.

Me, my sister and two cousins were playing in a desert, there was a playground nearby but we didn't mind it. My mother and aunt were sitting next to us, drinking coffee and chatting, keeping an eye on us.

I look up and in the distance I see a T-rex coming closer quickly. Panicking I tell everyone to run to the playground, to take shelter. Us kids climbs into the playground (pic related) and screaming in full on panic to get our mothers into safety. They don't move and just was the dinosaur is behind them I wake up.
>>
I've had a re-occurring dream of various buildings catching on fire while I'm inside them. In every dream I get cold, as if I'm in Antarctica or something. The buildings are usually made out of wood, such as log cabins, barns, etc. I never feel anxious in the fires, but rather comfortable. I just stand in the middle of a room, watching the fire consume everything around me. Once the roof is almost completely gone, I just look up at the stars, and every time I see the big dipper, but the stars look so much brighter than normal. The fire doesn't hurt me a single bit during all of this. Once the building is completely burnt down, I lay in the ashes and keep staring at the big dipper. No firemen, No panic, Nothing. Just me, the stars, and a burnt building.
>>
>>17799986
There's not a lot of information here to go off of but I will try and give it a shot.

Considering you were a child, the playground (structure) in the desert could signify your growing personality/character in the isolating world. The unfamiliarity of a desert and its barren isolation can stand as a symbol for a world you do not understand and fear. The fact that your cousins and sister are there with you is a sign that you see them as akin to your situation and helping you maintain the structure which is created by you in the wide world. Your mother and aunt are outside of the playground because you saw them as part-of-the-world and not becoming-in-the-world, their own structure is their social interaction, the strangeness of adulthood to the eyes of a child. The T-rex can be many things but generally it is the real or perceived dangers associated with an isolating world, one your mother and aunt are accustomed to or simply ignoring.

Hope that helps anon
>>
>>17799996
Interesting anon. I'd read this the same way I would read the phoenix myth but with some alterations.

I think generally I tend to view structures in dreams as representations of structured personality, the structures of the unconscious or general modes of thinking. Alchemically fire is a transforming element, it is the element which must consume to create. These structures burning around you might signify an inner-transformation that is occurring where old ways of thinking and personalities are burning away to connect you to a more collective consciousness. What is left after the fire is just your raw self and the stars above you, the stars being the ideal world, the collective consciousness which although distant you feel attune with. I would suggest that next time you have this dream, attempt to fly towards the sky or experiment with the fire, letting it try to burn you, or attempting to control its direction/power.
>>
Sorry not a dream just a question I have. How can dreams be interpreted? Like are there studies where psychologists or whatever have gathered peoples' dreams and cross examined them with what is happening to these people during their lives and drew connections? Like how can you draw a basis for an interpretation?
>>
Well OP, I am bringing you something interesting or just stupid.

On some rare occasions when I try to lucid dream ( and I mostly fail ) and some weird shit happen.
>Everything looks weirdly dark, not in a realistic way, it's like a dark fog in my own room
>Try to move
>Suddenly images of broken things appear in my own room with some weird stuff
>At the moment I stop moving everything is back to that weird dark
>The room is literally the same as IRL
>I try to wake up from the bed, but every movement keeps "switching places" between the very weird and creepy place and the dark room
>Somehow I always feel that death awaits me if I keep trying to go on
>End up hesitating and lay down on the bed and wake up
>>
>>17800087
Well anon, it's not an exact science but let me ask you, how can we interpret stories, allegories, fables and so on? Dreams provide symbols, narrative, settings and emotions. These symbols are archetypal and can cross space/time while still holding on to their general meanings. I personally use a combination of Jungian criticism, partly literary and alchemical/occult symbology for my interpretation. While they are not meant to be wholly objective, we can have right interpretations and wrong interpretation just like we can agree with a critic more than another. These symbols and meanings in dreams fall into two categories, the first is one that others can understand while the other is the meaning that is personal to you. I, as an interpreter, only hope that my external judgment and making sense of the content of your dream will get you closer to finding out the personal meaning to your own individual experience.

Does that help?
>>
>>17800104
This sounds like a classic case of sleep paralysis. I would suggest several things. Sleep paralysis, although frightening can take you to cool places. If you encounter something that scares you, swear at it, cuss it out, try and give it the middle finger, this is a surefire way to get rid of the entity since it only feeds on your fear. If you are braver and have a little more strength, attempt to stay in this state, after a while you will feel yourself fall form your body, through the floor and go into free fall. This can take you directly into a lucid state or even perhaps an out of body experience, depending what you believe. But be careful, it's not as harmless as it sounds.
>>
I had a dream where the world was ending. One by one, from furthest to closest to the sun, the planets were blowing up. Everybody was losing their minds, but I was pretty calm.
There was also this mystical dog-like creature that was eating people that weren't helping to preserve the human race. Like if you didn't do anything to help your fellow man, you got eaten. The last part of the dream I remember is everybody was running in and out of a Home Depot type store, buying supplies. And I was running out with everybody, but I wasn't carrying supplies, I was carrying a cat. That's it. Thanks.
>>
A couple of nights ago I've had a weird dream I've been thinking about.in my head from time to time.

as follows

>be riding my bike
>come to edge of really tall cliff
>dismount
>alongside cliff looks like a bike trail but very steep
>stop and wonder is it safe enough to ride down it or not
>the beginning part of the trail start after a small rocky drop
>thinking to myself that it looks dangerous
>two passerby also on bicycles come to trail
>they drop down and keep going
>still pondering if I should go down it or not
>all of a sudden bike slips out of hand
>falls left off the side of the cliff
>look over the cliff
>it's a long way down
>at the bottom I can barley make out my bike
>it's all bent up and twisted
>there are other bicycles there

and thats all I remember.
>>
>>17800123
I had sleep paralysis more than often and I don't see monster or such. As I said, it pretty much was a lucid dream because I was moving myself but THAT would happen every time and it's like instinct kick in and tell me I am going to die withou any reason.

Honestly, I will try to remind myself to next time go further and hopefully I won't really die.
>>
>>17800126
I'm not sure I can do much with this since not every dream has a significant meaning to it. We tend to often have random dreams that don't really mean much or are exceptionally difficult to interpret but I can try decoding parts of it.

The planets blowing up could mean some release of creative energy in your higher self. Does the sun ever explode? It would be interesting to see which planets explode since then a deeper reading can be attempted. The fact that you are calm shows that this event is not destructive but rather when solar systems explode new systems can be created.

The mystical dog-like creature is interesting also, dog-men are often depicted in ancient religious symbolism. The first that comes to mind is Anubis and in this context it does kind of make sense. Some type of creature which aids people to the afterlife (interestingly enough by devouring them) while the enlightened, or the ones in tune with the creative energies are left behind since they have no need for reincarnation.

I have no idea about the cats though haha
>>
>>17800067
Thank you so much anon. Been really curious about that dream for years now.
That makes a lot of sense actually, considering what went on in my life at the time. I was heavily bullied and alone at that age and I dinosaurs was my greatest fear (haha) along with abandonment.

Lately I have dreams of abandonment, getting stalked, stabbed and fleeing by flying. The dreams takes place in different places each time but always places from my home town. Are there any websites you'd recommend for looking into dream interpetation?

Once again, thank you anon. You're going a great job!
>>
>>17800145

Thanks anon, let me give this a shot.

The bike can be seen as some vehicle which is carrying you through life, whether symbolic or representative of something, that's up to you. By encountering this steep cliff, you are being signaled that some sort of crisis or descent is happening or you think is about to occur. The fact that you are ontop of this cliff goes to show that you have a heightened understanding of the situation and you are pondering the right course of action. Because other people are blindly going down without consideration you fear that others in your life are also on this descent and perhaps you have to warn them from the destruction that waits below.

If you have it again, warn the others from going down. Or just say fuck it and go down yourself, what's the worst that can happen?
>>
I had a dream once where a bunch of mutant bugs that looked like the expression of sickness descended upon the humanity of my dreams and caused untold suffering and pain. At this point in the dream I entered a coma for eons and upon awakening all the people in my dreams were the evil bugs which had disguised themselves as real people. They gave themselves away when they transformed into bugs and plus they are all pure evil.

Now I spend my dreams in constant combat with the bug people who have infested my subconscious.
>>
>>17800165
No problem, glad I could help. The ones I have found are okay, just search up dream meanings on google or something. But in general they only provide fragmentary meanings, weaving together an interpretation requires more than that. I'd suggest reading some Jung and other psychology on dreams and reading a lot of mythology and about symbolism. That's how I learned anyway. Pay attention to reoccurring symbols and motifs, these can provide keys to the rest of your dreams.

In your isolating dreams, when you find yourself getting followed or in danger, just turn around and confront it. The more often you do that, you will find that the threat dissolves right in front of your eyes. It might even help you in your daily life.
>>
>>17800181
This could be a sign of you seeing the external world as largely alien and threatening. The bugs can represent fears and ideas which you find are infesting others around you to the point that they have entirely taken hold of those who you once thought to be free-willing subjects but instead are driven by these "expressions of sickness" which can be moral sickness or spiritual sickness. There are two courses you can take, to keep up the good fight or let yourself become infested as a means of confrontation.
>>
bump, still here anons, lets hear some dreams
>>
>>17800724
I've been having dreams with a recurrent plot/theme/places.

In these dreams I am usually younger than my waking self, usually in my late teens.

The general line is that I'm usually either just enjoying myself or looking to uncover something "secret". But I always get caught.

Generally the one "catching" me is a middle aged man with an imposing, authoritative aura about him that just gives me the chills. He's often followed by two helpers.
He's always VERY annoyed because every time, though I get caught, I manage to escape.

After I free myself from his grip I spend most of the dream running, which only angers him further. But I know that I cannot run forever, so I look for a place to hide.
Most of the time it's a monastery. I beg for hospitality and usually get it, but in exchange I have to work and obey. I accept.

In some dreams the chase part is not present, and I just work in the monastery, finding it very boring.

I'll provide two sample dreams displaying those elements.
>>
>>17800790

>I'm stalking the two "henchmen" because there's a secret they are guarding, and I am just DYING to know what it is
>Two teenage (14-ish) twins are there, too, though we are not working together. They are yellow and their playful attitude reminds me of my own
>We manage to "steal" the secret together, written on a piece of paper, and laugh because it sounds ridiculous
>The two henchmen notice us and grab the twins, taking them away
>See the older man and just freeze in fear, he grabs my arm and tells me that he's getting fed up and I better follow him this time
>I ask what will happen to the twins, he tells me they'll be used and disposed of once they are no longer needed
>Ask what will happen to me
>"If you're good, you'll last a little longer than them"
>Too scared to try and fight him, so I just follow him to an elevator
>A small crowd of people getting out catches him by surprise, so he lets go for a second. I sneak into the elevator and stand still for a moment, looking at the buttons.
>Tell myself that if I run, he'll kill me for sure next time he catches me. But then I think about what might await in captivity, and decide that it's worth the risk
>Push the elevator buttons to ge to the upper floors, then run up and down a few floors to make him lose track of my position, and run out of the building
>Run across the unknown town I'm in, then stop in front of a café for a moment, to catch my breath
>Look at a parade in the street, and ask the waiter what it is all about
>He replies that it's to celebrate the local saint, I thank him then leave once the parade has passed
>Look up and see a monastery. Outside there's seven sails decorating the bare stone walls, one for every color of the rainbow
>I go there and look for the mother superior, begging for hospitality
>She tells me there's no place for me to sleep, so I beg more, saying I'd even sleep in the yard, so long that they let me stay
>She agrees and I sleep outside, in a rose garden.
>>
>>17800790
Other dream.
>I'm working at the monastery, as one of the Librarian's handmaids
>I am in charge of keeping the most precious tomes in order, but not allowed to read any of them
>I just KNOW there's some secret in there and I'm DYING to find out!
>Open one of the tomes and start reading, hoping I won't get caught, but can't find anything useful in it
>Hear someone coming and I put it back in a rush
>It's the librarian, he scolds me for not having completed my chores yet
>I apologize and get back to work until he leaves
>I stop, sighing, and look at the same rose garden I slept into in the other dream. It's just outside the library.
>I think about leaving, but know that outside of the monastery it's not safe.

There's another thing that reoccurs from time to time.

>Dream of being in my bed, trying to sleep
>Become lucid because I feel like I'm being grabbed and dragged off to somewhere
>I try my best to resist, but it's very difficult
>Eventually get over the fear and resist out of pure spite, telling the invisible offender that he'll NEVER have me.
>>
>>17800790
>>17800807
>>17800835

Some clarifications as to how I perceive some of the elements of the dream.

>The elder
He just terrifies me. I don't even THINK of trying to fight, his glare alone makes me lose all hope of being able to best him. I don't know what he wants from me, but seems to REALLY be insistent about it.

>The henchmen
Their main power against me is that they outnumber me. If it comes to a one-on-one situation, I can fight one of them just good fine.

>The monastery
I don't really perceive it much for its religious significance, but as a place of seclusion and secrecy. For that reason I choose to hide there, thinking I'll be safe from my pursuers.
>>
I had a dream where I saw seven fat cows become devoured by seven scrawny cows, what does it mean?
>>
Get to this one whenever you can. I had it a few days ago, and I dont remember it too well so it will be a little hard.

In my dream I almost died while saving someone I came close to dying but realized if I lost consciousness I would die so I got back up and kept moving. Is there anything interesting to pull from that.
>>
So i had this dream where i was at work (i work in the canteen of a football club and its surrounded by bush) and there was this guy releases a box full of snakes into the surrounding bushes. Anyway a snake comes and attacks me and bites me under the armpit and i wake up. the next day in the spot under the armpit where the snake bit me felt tingly.
>>
File: MadmansKnowledge.png (90 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
MadmansKnowledge.png
90 KB, 250x250
Not often being on /x/ and usually not believing in this crap, but because that one dream really stuck with me Ill still give it a go:
>went to bed at 23:00 or something, usual time for me
>not dreaming at all
>waking up at 3 in the morning, I dont remember the exact time but i clearly recall checking the time on my alarm clock as the first thing I did
>wide awake instantly
>it isnt dark outside like it should be, whole room and the space i could see outside from my window flooded in a cold greenish-white light
>I suddenly notice a humanoid figure standing in front of my bed
<has the body shape and height of an average man, but no facial features and has the same colour as the light, looks essentially as if it is made of the light
>Im not scared, confused or suprised at all
>I feel really calm and relaxed
>look at its face or at least were a face should be be for a moment
>just turn around a fall asleep again

This was maybe a year ago and I still cant tell if it was a dream or wasnt. Maybe I should also add that I am diagnosed with depression. Would love to hear your take on it.
>>
>>17802888
>888 checked
Not sure if you were awake or lucid.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.