[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to into occultism but have absolutely no experience in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: symbol4.jpg (15 KB, 250x253) Image search: [Google]
symbol4.jpg
15 KB, 250x253
I want to into occultism but have absolutely no experience in it, what are some good books/guides i can study? Im more interested in the idea of spells and summoning things than the more theoretical side of occultism. Thanks in advance and sorry for the spoon feeding request.
>>
>>17796396
The biblle
>>
>>17796396

What sources did you find when you googled the topic before you posted here?
>>
>>17796406
but thats stories/theory anon, i want to get down to studying the technical aspects of it
>>
>>17796410
i trust /x/'s opinion over google/reddit/some random website
>>
File: Occult Guidebook.jpg (41 KB, 356x499) Image search: [Google]
Occult Guidebook.jpg
41 KB, 356x499
>>17796396
>>
>>17796396
It takes years. Western occultism has been obfuscated and diluted so much that most "occultists" don't know what they are talking about. If you want power, get a computer science degree-it takes less time and works better. If you really want occult power; look into Taoism and start doing qigong eveyday and read everything about it. For real western occultism; start (and don't stop, keep reading more) here: http://www.biroco.com/kaos/kaos.pdf
>>
>>17796504
ah thank you so much anon, ill definitely check it out. have you read the lesser key of solomon? i just ordered it since i was expecting this thread to die off
>>
>>17796532
Here's the thing; Unless you grew up in the 16th century in Germany or The Netherlands, experienced the type of religion those people practiced, and are well versed in Kabbalah, it is very likely this kind of magic wont work for you. You have to use the language and symbolism that has meaning to you to get things done. To learn that kind of magic, you need the equivalent of a doctorate in multiple biblical languages and the history of religion in Europe.
This is my opinion and I don't claim to know everything but I have been doing this work for ten years (and I am also currently working on a comp sci degree).
It sounds like you want to do a "Great Work." In my opinion, you need to start off with simpler 101 stuff before you move on to high level magic. Try googling "pop magic Grant Morrison" first. Don't just read what he says, practice sigil magic! It works.
Most occultists say that Western occultism's foundation practices (meditation and stuff) have been lost to time. These practices were preserved in the East. Look into Taoism and meditation, it will make your magic stronger. Do yoga and/or qigong EVERYDAY. It takes a lot of work. Look into activating and using your Chakras. This guy knows a lot: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdqXHUNuIq69dnxAF5gPF2Q
watch all of his videos.
Read KAOS 14, if it has terms and concepts you don't understand, google them and read, read, read!
After these foundational works you can slowly move on to greater works. Good luck and be careful.
>>
>>17796504
>If you really want occult power; look into Taoism and start doing qigong eveyday and read everything about it.

Can confirm, this is what I did for 10+ years. Don't expect results, it took more than that time for me to get anywhere with summoning and sigils.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>17796396
Start with meditation and self awareness.
>>
Joyofsatan dot org should have everything you need
>>
Not OP, but I have a question regarding sigils. I'm a skeptic but would also like in to occultism but I'd like to be practical about it. I want to do yoga and meditation and that stuff, but would it also be possible to charge sigils through something like studying or working out? If it's all a function of belief, then what's the difference between that and jacking off on it?
>>
>>17796932
This, Joy Of Satan is pretty good and excellent for newbies.
>>
>>17797013
>what's the difference between that and jacking off on it

using your energy with an aim vs wasting it
>>
>>17796415
So you're retarded?
>>
>>17797094
But it should theoretically work so long as energy is directed towards it, whether it's wasted or practical, right?

I feel like I can use this to help motivate me to push harder in my practical efforts. I, uh, don't need help in the other department.
>>
>>17797013
Jacking off is only the easiest way. Anything that brings you to that no-mind state will work.

>>17797064
>>17796932
Joy of satan is run by a disillusion antisemitic crazy lady. She has destroyed her own sanity and will destroy yours if you take her seriously.
>>
>>17797250
I don't know if I've ever reached the no-mind state. Maybe in that "flow" sense while working?

I think maybe I'm too neurotic.
>>
Everyone so far has been leading you astray op.

Trust me, read this
Also, all the good occult shit is in alchemy not magick or witch craft or whatever.
>>
>>17797236

If you want to use the effect of burning energy like you're burning wood, that's really ineffective. What you use shouldn't just be the side effect of something, you need to use the intent itself, not the side effect of releasing energy when using a different intent.

It would be better to not do anything and focus the built up tension as an energy directly at the thing you aim for.
>>
>>17797255
The "flow" state has potentially. This is practical magic and is about how it works for you. When you reach that selfless, no-mind state, put your sigil in it so that it is the only thing in your consciousness. Experiment and see how it works. It may work for you and not work for others.
This is fucking important. You have to personalize your practice, make it work for YOU. I started making sigils in conventional way. But I am a musician, not a visual artist so I developed a melodic musical sigil system, recorded the melodies and charged them when I orgasmed, meditated, etc. I don't expect that to work for all because my melodic language may mean nothing to everyone else, but it has meaning for me and that is what makes it work. You have to practice and explore this shit, you have to accommodate the rituals to yourself. You have to create you own rituals.
>>
>>17797272
So I can't just say I'm going to run 2 miles while focusing on the sigil because it'll have the side effect of me losing weight? How is that different from jacking off having the side effect of sexual pleasure?

>>17797306
Interesting. Thank you.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.