[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shaolin Monks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: sha.jpg (3 KB, 84x104) Image search: [Google]
sha.jpg
3 KB, 84x104
Redpill me on shaolin monks /x/, how do they do the superhuman stuff?

pic related.
>>
bump nikkas
>>
>>17795441
They don't do super-human stuff. It's conditioning and trickery.

t. 20 year martial arts fag
>>
>>17795474
>trickery

nikka pls
>>
>>17795441
Training.

They are simple yet conscious people.
>>
They take their weighted training clothes off
>>
>>17795606

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LkhVeW7VV0

I don't think it's possible to achieve this with training only.
>>
You would be quite surprised of what the body is capable of if you devote your ass and shave your head.
>>
>>17795612
OK then super powers
>>
>>17795624
Honestly, you'd be surprised what your body can do if you ever took a hike without water.
>>
>>17795612
>I don't think it's possible to achieve this with training only.
You would think wrong, seeing as how some people train their asses off and accomplish just that.

A lot of the mysticism attributed to martial arts is mostly due to our own ignorance of the human body and it's capabilities. People vastly underestimate how much strength and endurance even an untrained body has. Normally we can't tap into that because doing so on a regular basis could be dangerous, so our bodies naturally inhibit us except in extreme circumstances. What happens in those extreme circumstances? Adrenaline. I don't think I need to talk about how bad ass of a chemical adrenaline is. We all know the mother lifted the car off of her kid, or keep a stabbed man going long after he should be down for the count.

The main thing monks have over normal people isn't just training their bodies to the extreme, but mastering their control of that body, both physically and mentally. They do meditation right. Now I'm not about to sit here and spew off the same tired woo woo bullshit usually involved with the subject of meditation. It is, simply (and observably) a method to gain greater control over our body, such as consciously controlling things that are normally subconscious actions (adrenaline control, heart rate, body temperature, etc.). Just look at the Norwegian guy who has the world record of several hours swimming in ice water in just his underwear for a good example. He said he accomplishes that feat with meditation, which he's learned to use to control his body temperature.

Monks of good discipline are commonly able to control their adrenal functions and turn off their ability to feel pain, while accessing the full capable strength of their muscles. The biggest risk is using too much and snapping your own bones from the force of your own muscles (hence the natural limit/adrenaline).

just another martial artist sharing what I know.
>>
What superhuman stuff you mean OP? Like, training a lot and becoming stronger? Is modern human so disconnected from reality that he thinks "exercise" is paranormal?
>>
>>17795441

Qi Gong.
>>
>>17795710
Kinda, yeah. If not for the fact that we had gyms in every major city, it'd definitely be niche enough to classify as paranormal. Otherwise, >>>/fit/
>>
>>17795715
Qi Gong is literally biomechanics obscured by archaeic bullshit
>>
>>17795441
>superhuman
They just practice really hard, dude. Often since childhood.They're not superhuman, they're merely at the peak of human capability, which few of us actually strive for.
>>
>>17795716
Gyms don't really tend to feature the kind of rigorous shit they have over there.
>>
You could get as strong as those monks if you also trained all day, you don't really need a gym. All you need to exercise is right there in your body, just find a nice quiet place and start exercising for 10 hours every day until you get superhuman
>>
>>17795773
why stop at training your body, why not weapon mastery as well for the kicks
>>
>>17795441
If it's done by a human then it's not superhuman.
>>17795474
This. It's peak human condition plus tricks.
>>
>>17795441
Redpill you?

The shaolin are money-grabbing degenerates. Their art has been perverted over the decades. Capitalism has destroyed the last remaining drops of spirituality that the order or its people may have had.

The shaolin Abbott is known to be a corrupt procurer, going on regular escapades to Thailand.

There are many places and orders throughout the Orient that follow the martial path to enlightenment. If you are interested in chan then there are countless schools and monasteries where people practice. If you are merely interested in the physical pursuits of wushu, there are a plethora of school as well.
>>
there is no kung fu in china just gymnastics. CMA including shaolin quan survives among the expats.
>>
>>17795808

Capitalism /=/ greed, you retard.
>>
>>17795840
Shame CMA has always been shit so it doesn't matter
>>
>>17795847
was pretty good against silat/escrima actually
>>
>>17795741

>not knowing anything and still commenting

I bet you think Qi is another word for kinetic energy too.
>>
I think this might be the least paranormal thread ever. I'm going to start posting threads about normal people that achieve great things by training 90% of their waking life. I'm going to do a series like Stan Lee's Superhumans. PARKOUR!
>>
>>17795884
there are actually a number of lineages that have done away with qi theory entirely while continuing to practice some form of qigong as a dynamic tension/ calisthenic set.
>>
>>17795884

Ya. Monks science now. They aren't all... Oooh mystical energy fields!
>>
>>17795884
No, qi is another word for archaeic nonsense.
>>
File: iWKad22.jpg (90 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
iWKad22.jpg
90 KB, 1440x1080
>>17795647
>snapping your own bones from the force
>just a martial artist sharing what i know
>>
>>17795612

A human can adapt to anything

Same as playing an instument, hard training and you will perform impossible musical pieces without trying
>>
File: 45628.jpg (45 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
45628.jpg
45 KB, 225x350
>>17795608
Underrated post.
>>
File: spooky doggo.jpg (169 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
spooky doggo.jpg
169 KB, 1080x1920
>>17795991
>Impossible music pieces
>being performed regularly
>>
>>17796057
>mfw when my weighted wrist bands never increased my powerlevel, no matter how much I wore them ;_;
>>
>>17795967
I see you are holding your head because the vacuum from your lack of knowledge hurts!
>>
>>17795647
Yeah mysticism and martial arts kinda all came from the same geographic region...

I wonder if it's not some old love story; it'd be miraculous if the other peoples could even slightly understand.
>>
>>17796084
Did you learn to dodge?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU
>>
>>17795612
Well he did you fucking retard
>>
>>17796133
No, but I did learn megaforce.
>>
>>17795441
demonic possession
>>
>>17795967
Yes, your muscles have the ability to break your own bones. Maybe if you didn't sleep through junior high biology like the lazy nigger you are, you would know this already.
>>
>>17795898
Then they know jack. The phrase 'chi gung' didn'r exist in traditional chinese culture. The phrase was, 'nei gung'. Nei means internal. A thorough understanding of chinese 'internal' martial arts includes the 'external' forms of movement and biomechanics. The process of refining this takes the practitioner into smaller movements, and more subjective experiences of concepts such as 'opening' and 'closing' the joints and tissues. The smaller and more precise this experience becomes, the more the 'feel' or quality of the body becomes apparent. An experience of the quality becomes an experience of the chi. If you are lucky enough to have a teacher who really knows the art, then the relationship of the mind to the chi and body becomes another focus of study.

This process outlined above may not be linear or sequential. But in order to properly understand chinese internal arts, to label anything as purely physical, external, or 'wei' is only the yang part of the whole and the internal/nei, yin part must be studied also.

And the Shaolin study has always been mostly external, from what I hear. Still very, very impressive.
>>
>>17797222
spelling, *didn't* exist
>>
>>17795898
>>17795902
>>17795911

>how to remain a mundane with mundane results: the post
>>
>>17795635
I almost died because of dehydration a week ago :')

Water is love, water is life.
>>
find your nearest relative.

fuck them.

this is supernatural. fact.
>>
They just have incredible muscle control
>>
What else do they do in those monasteries? Why religion and martial arts?
>>
>>17797222
they are actually the ones who have kept up with the times and continue to produce respected fighters. The edition of chi theory to martial arts was mostly tacked on to please the powers that be anyways even for the "internal" styles.
>>
>>17795441
Lots of practice. LOTS of practice.

>>17795710
Pretty much. You hear stories from antiquity about men who fought through shit, performed feats of daring-do that were astounding. Take Achilles, for one. Great warrior, could kill 10 min without breaking a sweat, run miles, was practically invincible. Then take Dipprasad Pun, a ghurka who received the CGC. Killed 30 men single handedly, including beating at least one to death with a 100lb machine gun tripod. What makes Achilles a legend and Pun a badass-normal? Time.
>>
>>17797355
>Why religion and martial arts?

To appeal to the elite. Several hundred years ago, martial arts was the art of bodyguards, soldiers, and criminals. To make it appealing to the elite and make money, they tied it to religion and mysticism.

Martial arts used to be martial, now it's gymnastics and New Age.
>>
>>17797355
The claim is martial arts was introduced to China by boddhidarma (I think) from india and picked up as a means to keep the monks healthy.

In any event kalaripattyu (sp) is the oldest recorded codified martial system.
>>
>>17795474
second this. Also lifetime martial artist. Most monks right now are fakes anyways too. real shaolin monks were killed during revolution.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.