[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we know the world we inhabit isn't hell.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: hell-fire-1.jpg (217 KB, 1024x478) Image search: [Google]
hell-fire-1.jpg
217 KB, 1024x478
How do we know the world we inhabit isn't hell.
>>
we don't know, and it probably is hell, but we're just a bunch of clueless fucks
>>
Hell has no escape. This world has a way out if you can't take it anymore
>>
File: image.jpg (171 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171 KB, 640x1136
Hell is eternal, we are not, but an essence of us Is, and that is enough to verify that this is the median between hell and heaven
>>
Holy Planet Purgatory
>>
>>17794195
Are you in constant unending suffering? I'm not, and I'd bet you aren't either.
>>
>>17794280
does it really though? maybe when you die you just start over again.
>>
>>17794321
If that's true I think must have done something good last time to be born a privileged white person.
>>
So what happens when you kill yourself in hell?
>>
>>17794195
Jehovahs witness do believe we are in hell
https ://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/what-is-hell/
rather interesting topic to study
>>
>>17794335

You go to super hell.
>>
How do we know it's not heaven?
>>
>>17794581
It's not heaven and it's not hell.

We have limitations to our joy and suffering, here.
>>
>>17794195
Because we wouldn't enjoy a single moment in Hell. If you've ever had a high point in your life, you know with 100% certainty that you're not currently in Hell.
>>
>>17794195
Hell is other people.
>>
Hell is mediocrity. So yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68is6JxaIvQ&t=0m37s
>>
This same argument can be presented to the computer simulation dilemma, ergo we will never fucking know for sure
>>
>>17794614
There's a reason why this prison is the worst hell on earth... Hope. Every man who has ventured here over the centuries has looked up to the light and imagined climbing to freedom. So easy... So simple... And like shipwrecked men turning to sea water from uncontrollable thirst, many have died trying. I learned here that there can be no true despair without hope. So, as I terrorize Gotham, I will feed its people hope to poison their souls. I will let them believe they can survive so that you can watch them clamoring over each other to "stay in the sun." You can watch me torture an entire city and when you have truly understood the depth of your failure, we will fulfill Ra's al Ghul's destiny... We will destroy Gotham and then, when it is done and Gotham is ashes, then you have my permission to die.
>>
>>17794435
Your reading comprehension sucks.
They're not saying this is Hell, they're saying the dead rest senseless in the ground until the general resurrection. As opposed to suffering in Hell or in bliss in Heaven.
That means they're treating that one parable about sinners in Hell as completely metaphorical.

You have to be careful about Witness translations of the Bible, they've been called out on trying to fit the text to their beliefs rather than vice versa.
>>
hell is inside us all and we are living on the Antichrist

they are mist and sand

that is all
>>
File: dd.jpg (9 KB, 206x245) Image search: [Google]
dd.jpg
9 KB, 206x245
>>17794195
>>
File: deja_vu.gif (2 MB, 547x490) Image search: [Google]
deja_vu.gif
2 MB, 547x490
>>17794307
Perhaps one cannot suffer if they do not experience joy. The inverse being true as well.

We experience the oscillation of existence, not just the baseline of nothingness. Maybe this suggests that existence in this plane is both Heaven and Hell. Others have said it's purgatory, or an intermediary realm of perception.

Maybe it is both as much as we can currently comprehend. And maybe as we evolve mentally/spiritually/physically, or vibrate at higher frequencies, or expand our level of understanding, or whatever, we will experience greater levels of ecstasy necessarily coupled with balancing levels of misery.

The idea of attachment as the source of suffering is accurate. The psychological/neurological source of attachment is also that of our will to live, and thrive, and conquer, learn, create, consume.

And it's the source of our desire to perpetuate this possible prison through procreation.

So we are brought here presumably against our will, the only way out is what we fear most, we must consume other life to survive, and our greatest desire is to bring more people in, so trap more souls in this prison.

I don't know. We're all just extensions of the same source consciousness. The nature of our reality seems to be the pulsation of intrinsically connected, harmonious, antagonistic forces.
>>
>>17794195
We can feel God's love. You won't have that in hell, or love of any kind for that matter. "God is love." You will have no sense of morality or good. It won't exist. That little thought in the back of your mind about what is right or wrong, stopping you from your animalistic urges will be gone and there will be nothing but suffering and sadness.
>>
>>17795183
Accurate. I had everything figured out and was ready for a full life of happiness. That's all gone and I find little joy now. I would have preferred feeling like this from the start instead of experiencing full happiness and then having it ripped away.

I don't see it as hell , but a "test". If you can get through the darkest times, you belong in the light.
>>
>>17795192
So hell is when we are unable to love?

It's a shame that some individual's biological computers malfunction and have trouble computing love.
>>
File: Disturbed.jpg (46 KB, 596x459) Image search: [Google]
Disturbed.jpg
46 KB, 596x459
>>17795212
It's not hell. I have been single since 21 and will be that way and not romantically love again. I use my love to help others now. Saying that a lack of romantic love is hell is a joke: the divorce rate is over 50% and the "happy couples" usually have 1 or both feeling down deep down. Others are treated horribly but still stay. I'd say someone that views romance as their only source of happiness is the one in "hell".
>*tips fedora and sheathed my twin naginata*
Yeah I guess that did sound pretty edgy, like Down with the sickness tier, but it's the truth. OH WAH AH AH AH
>>
>>17795207
For a long time I didn't truly appreciate the idea that no truth is permanent, that truth is in flux.

At any given moment we have a worldview, a general disposition, a concept of truth that, while we are in it, we know to be the 'real' truth.

"A truth in times good and bad: this, too, shall pass." Took me so long to actually appreciate that.

A void gives value to a presence. Duality is evidently necessary. Existence seems like a universal learning experience. It seems the whole is fractally divided, experiencing itself, all things, in all ways.
>>
>>17794280
I'm not convinced. Tried suiciding once already, it didn't take I'm still here
>>
>>17794195
How can you tell it's not heaven?
>>
>>17795234
>Saying that a lack of romantic love is hell is a joke

I didn't say that. I wasn't talking about romantic, couple relationship/mate love necessarily. I mean the feeling of love of anything, feeling of appreciation. Being able to recognize the beauty of what one is observing and have compassion for it.

A feeling of connectivity rather than ego isolation.
>>
>>17795275
I agree actually. You have to experience the good to appreciate when you get through the bad. I have actually learned more and "bettered" myself during the tough time , and I wouldn't have otherwise.

You have a very enlightened view on life.
>>
>>17795286
My apologies, I just assumed that was what you meant because it's the only thing so many people seek and projected my past self that was just like them.

Love comes in many forms, but connection is important.
>>
>>17795288
>You have a very enlightened view on life.
Only sometimes. That's nice of you to say, though. Thanks, friend.
>>
>>17795307
The same can be said of myself. If you believe you have everything figured out 100% of the time, you aren't really enlightened. You're very welcome, friend!
>>
File: 1318937319_cover.jpg (40 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1318937319_cover.jpg
40 KB, 600x600
Hell is the eternal separation from the Divine.
The Gnostics believe we fell into matter, and in so doing have become separated from the Holy Spirit.
Can any one of you find God? Can you commune with It?
Who is to say we are not in Hell?
The idea of a burning lake and endless torment is just a medieval political tactic that the church used to control peasants.

>And Pistis Sophia cried out most exceedingly, she cried to the Light of lights which she had seen from the beginning, in which she had had faith, and uttered this repentance, saying thus: The first repentance of Sophia."'
>1. O Light of lights, in whom I have had faith from the beginning, hearken now then, O Light, unto my repentance. Save me, O Light, for evil thoughts have entered into me.
>2. I gazed, O Light, into the lower parts and saw there a light. thinking: I will go to that region, in order that I may take that light. And I went and found myself in the darkness which is in the chaos below, and I could no more speed thence and go to my region, for I was sore pressed by all the emanations of Self-willed, and the lion-faced power took away my light in me.
>3. And I cried for help, but my voice hath not reached out of the darkness. And I looked unto the height, that the Light, in which I had had faith, might help me.
>4. And when I looked unto the height, I saw all the rulers of the æons, how in their numbers they looked down on me and rejoiced over me, though I had done them no ill; but they hated me without a cause. And when the emanations of Self-willed saw the rulers of the æons rejoicing over me, they knew that the rulers of the æons would not come to my aid; and those emanations which sore pressed me with violence, took courage, and the light which I had not taken from them, they have taken from me
>>
>>17795355
I think recognizing beauty is seeing God. I think the sense of interconnected love and compassion is communion with God.
>>
>>17794195
>How do we know the world we inhabit isn't hell.

No flaming pit in the middle, no lakes of blood, no horned devils prodding people with pointed objects, no dragons eating people alive, etc.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.