[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Advice?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8
File: close.jpg (2 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
close.jpg
2 KB, 260x194
/x/ I have no idea where to begin. I've seen some really strange things recently and I wanted your take on it, be it 'you're clinically crazy anon' or 'don't go there'. Honestly I think I'd prefer that response, something tells me I should let this go but I can't. Oh and I'm sorry the pic isn't of the actually hallway, I honestly wasn't thinking about documenting what should've been mundane. I might get pics tonight.

The best starting point would probably be to tell you about pertinent things about my past. I'm a normal guy,
6' 3", went to college, two siblings, and parents who aren't exactly great.

Pretty soon after having my brother, my mom divorced my biological father. We moved around a lot. Eventually
she met the man who would be my step dad. At first things were great. They saved up money, and we moved into a
nice house, one with a huge yard. My parents started fighting a lot after that. It was like the move had flipped some
switch in both of their minds. My stepdad would leave for huge swaths of time, and my mom became a chain smoker.
Then my mom got the news that she was pregnant. This seemed to stabilize the household for a bit, but eventually
my step dad just left and never came back. I expected my mom to be angry, but she seemed almost resigned to it.
>>
A couple weeks later we moved out. My mom came home from work and told us to pack. I think she just had
to many bad memories to stay there. So, about 4 months into her pregnancy, we moved into an apartment.
My mom was constantly on edge. She was up to a pack and a half every day. When we'd ask her to stop, she'd
give us this knowing smirk, and continue smoking without saying a word.

Out of the blue, my step dad shows up. He looks raggedy, and tired. He and my mom go off to talk, and after a
bit he leaves. I was confused, and asked her what was going on. She gave me a dismissive look, and stated that
he had just gotten out of rehab. I never saw him again.

Fast forward to my Sophomore year of college. Things are going okay, my grades could have been better. I was
so preoccupied with social interaction and classes that I rarely went home. Winter finals hit, and on my way to
drop off a research essay, my phone buzzed. It was my grandma, and I was busy, so I let it go to voicemail.
>>
When I finally listen to it, I called her back, then rushed to the hospital. My grandparents were waiting with my
brother and sister. My mom had killed the neighbors cat, and tried to punch a police officer. When I got to see her,
I knew that she had something going on mentally. She had never been a violent person, even if she could be passive
aggressive at times. The doctors diagnosed it as schizophrenia, gave her pills, and shoved her out the door the second
she seemed stable.

She immediately stopped taking her meds. She began to deteriorate again, spouting out things that didn't make sense.
She'd write furiously in her bible and the notebook she kept with it. I was only a Junior at this point, and it felt like
the ability to help her wasn't within my reach. I spent a lot of time worrying about her and my siblings, who were still
living with her. Eventually, she was going to hurt herself. During my summer break it finally happened.
This time she wasn't so lucky. She walked into the middle of the street in front of a car, which hit her head on.

My mom died on the way to the hospital. My grandparents set up the funeral after we couldn't do it. It was short,
and felt meaningless. I felt like I'd failed to keep her alive. Two years have passed since then, a lot of my mom's stuff
is in a storage shed on my grandparents farm. I guess none of us could throw it away. I graduated, and my brother started
his college career. My sister still lives with my grandparents. We all moved on.
>>
I guess my reasoning for bringing that up is because I'm scared this might just be schizofrenia developing in me like my mom, and I want you guys to have all the facts.
So now to the actual problem. After graduating, I picked up a job at the Wal-Mart in my hometown (haha kek it up anons)
working in HR. It was paying pretty decently, and my student loans weren't that bad. My grandparents asked if I wanted
to take in my sister. I agreed, because my sister didn't exactly mesh with them. She's very much an indoors person, and
they raise animals. It also helps that we are very close. I'd been living in a one bedroom at this point, so after the lease
ended, around 6 months ago, we moved into a new apartment complex, the same one I'd lived in as a kid. It felt nostalgic
and small and comfortable. Well, initially it did.

About a month after we moved in, we'd wake up to weird noises. Not like your typical spoopy shit, like very tangible,
linger-in-your-mind noises. We'd hear some one night, and then nothing for a bit. I'd eventually just chalked it up to bad
piping in the basement. I almost always sleep with music now, but every time my iPod moves to the next track, or during
quiet songs, I can still hear the ratcheting noise, and metal scraping against metal rising from the floor below.
>>
Finally I decided to do something about it. I left a voicemail on my landlords phone, and waited almost a week for the
unreliable fuck to get back to me in the form a text like the classy guy he is. He apologized and said that he didn't have the key,
Well, I was tired of the noise. When I was younger I played around with picking locks, in fact I still have the set my
mom got me for my 13th birthday. So I decided I was gonna pick the lock, so he wouldn't have an excuse anymore.
I waited outside the locked door on the other side of the building (my key didn't open that side, only my own) until
someone came by. I apologetically explained I'd forgotten my key, and locked myself out. It was a lie I probably
didn't even need to tell. I walked around the bottom floor, finally finding an unmarked door that looked like it could be
the way into the basement. After a few minutes of picking, I finally swung open the door.

There were stairs leading down, but the weirdest part of all was the light. At the bottom of the steps, there was a
light shining in a trapezoid shape, the kind windows make. I walked down, discovering the light was coming from
a windowed door. I looked through it, and while not 'scary', it was definitely weirding me out. It was another floor of apartments.
>>
I'll admit I'm confused at this point. My assumption was that he didn't want to fix the pipes, and that because I
lived on the other side, I had never seen people enter it. Thoroughly defeated, I went back upstairs, eager to call the
landlords bluff. He was gonna fix it, I wasn't letting this go. I left him a voicemail (obviously leaving out the part
about me picking the lock, that was super illegal,) and as soon as I set it down it went off. I was pretty satisfied
that this was his response. I answered after savoring the moment, and was met with yelling. My heart sank as he
asked me if I unlocked the door. I calmly answered with my cover story, that I'd been let in by a tenant, and before I
asked if he'd fix the pipes now the phone went dead.

That was two weeks ago. The banging and scraping had stopped, so I thought he'd finally fixed it. The banging started
again on Tuesday, but with an added slooshing sound. Again, the landlord was unreliable. I asked my uncle to come
see what the problem was, since he is a plumber. I went to pick the lock, which was unnecessary. It was unlocked.
I opened it up to the stairway, darkened this time by a burned out bulb. The door at the base was propped open.
My uncle went back to grab a flashlight, while I peered into the pitch black.
>>
After he left, well, I could have swore I heard someone from down the hall say something.
It was almost a whisper, but had an echo to it that led me to believe it was down that hall I'd seen through
the window. I responded with a hello, and after a while of not hearing anything, I turned on my phone's flashlight and started
walking into the darkness. None of the doors had numbers, in fact, all of them were this evergreen paint coated metal.

I tentatively tried every door, and to no ones surprise they were all locked. I was almost down the hall when I heard a door
creak. It was from behind me. I'm usually not one to freak out so much in the dark, but it felt so stifling, the atmosphere
of the lower level just got to me. I whirled around.
It was my uncle. I fell to the floor and yelled what was a totally manly shout. He laughed, picked me up off the floor, and
looked at the ceiling, his flashlight coming to a stop on the burnt out bulb. Through the power of a small step ladder and a
lightbulb I grabbed from my room, we were able to get the lights back on.
>>
I almost screamed again. The hallway obviously looked different in the light, but there's only so much darkness can alter a
room. Where before I'd tried about 5 rooms on each side, now there were none at all. A staircase was at the other end, where I
swear I saw nothing when I'd looked down the hallway the first time. I forced myself to calm down, look at the situation
objectively. Obviously just a trick of the dark, I could easily have imagined it, through some accidental isolation chamber-esq
optical illusion.

Anyway down at the bottom of the stairs we found the boiler room, complete with all the pipes that were making the noise.
According to my uncle, the system looked like it hadn't been maintained well, or at all even. He fixed what he could, as I
watched. We were out of there in less than 2 hours.

So yeah, since Wednesday I haven't heard any banging or scraping. I really hope it stays that way. I can't keep my mind off those
doors though... I'm thinking about going down for another look, I'd like to know I'm not crazy. I might do it tonight.

Also my apologies for not greentexting this, this was a partial vent session for me.
>>
TL:DR (since I typed a fucking book) I'm either experiencing hallucinations, schizophrenia or there's something wrong with the basement of my apartment.
>>
OP here forgot to mention I am a girl by the way.
>>
>>17794355
post tits or gtfo
>>
File: facepalm.png (35 KB, 240x144) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.png
35 KB, 240x144
>>17794380
>>
>>17794355
>I am a girl by the way
WOW, and I was actually enjoying that story.
>>
>>17794392
Why does it affect your enjoyment to know OP is a she?
>>
ITT: op has read ted the caver

if theres anything ted has taught us, op, is that you don't go back into the cave
>>
>>17794355
Haha very funny troll. I'm a dude and this is not OP

>>17794408
I have read ted the caver! It was pretty interesting, plus I think I get that need to know feeling. I'm a very curious person. However my situation doesn't really seem that dangerous, if anything I'm just having an overactive imagination.

I'm gonna head down there around 9 here. I'll give you an update when I'm back. It should be a quick trip, so expect a report from 9:30 to 10.
>>
>>17794380
>girl
>6'3"
Are you really this retarded?
>>
it's gettin old op..
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 540x585) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 540x585
Op here I died a girl
>>
File: IMG_0085.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0085.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Sorry for being late, but I've got some shit to report.

I went down there, and it's pitch black. I think the light in the hall must be off. Except the light was still on. The DOOR had changed.
It was wooden door, and still is, but no window this time. I'll admit I almost left after that. I stood for
what felt like eternity, in the anxiety of fight or flight. I decided to go in.
>>
File: IMG_0079.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0079.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Sorry wrong pic in that last one, that's actually the second unmarked door. I had to open it since the stairway was pitch black.
>>
File: IMG_0081.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0081.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
So looking down the hall, all the rooms are back. My first instinct was to call my uncle and ask how
many he saw, but I was already here, and that door definitely had a window before.
There are numbers on the doors, and everything was different. I'm not sure what to think. I was in the dark
for a long time, so maybe its just a hallucination... I want it to be. On the opposite end there's a door with an exit sign.
I tried to get it open. There are also two unmarked doors, one by the fire exit, another about halfway through the hall.
I counted 10 apartments in all, I even tried the knobs on all the doors. Nothing. I took that as my cue to GTFO.
>>
File: IMG_0084.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0084.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Pic is of the exit and unmarked door 1.

I just got off the phone with my Uncle when I started to write this. He seemed to confirm that there
were doors on both sides, although he didn't know how many. So that checks out too. He also says he
doesn't remember a window on the door, so if I want to, I can just pretend like it's nothing. I have the deniability.
I think the landlord is acting odd though. I hope he isn't pissed. I really don't wanna lose this apartment,
plus my sister transferring schools would be hard on her. I guess my next step is to try to get a hold of him.
I have no idea why he had such an extreme reaction to me opening that door. It's just more apartments after all.
>>
File: IMG_0082.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0082.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Last photo of the highest apartment number. I think I should have tried knocking on them or something. I left in too big of a hurry to call my uncle that I didn't fully test everything. There are just so many changes. No more green metal doors, the stairs at the end replaced with an exit sign? No no it's too much. I can't ignore it. Now I think I just need some sleep.
>>
Thank you, OP.
Maybe check every few days and take pics?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.