[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
x-files
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 08-x-files.w750.h560.2x.jpg (241 KB, 1437x1073) Image search: [Google]
08-x-files.w750.h560.2x.jpg
241 KB, 1437x1073
never seen a single episode of x-files
what have i missed?
>>
Th x-files
>>
I seen acouple. They were alright. One day I'll binge them all.
>>
File: xfeils.png (339 KB, 823x549) Image search: [Google]
xfeils.png
339 KB, 823x549
>>17793686
Last two seasons were shit. The new ones seem like shit. The rest were fucking alright. Some boring episodes.
>>
A breddy gud /x/ show.
>>
>>17793686
exceptional mediocrity
>>
File: tumblr_mu0e0t2RU81qdwxz5o1_1280.png (734 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mu0e0t2RU81qdwxz5o1_1280.png
734 KB, 768x576
In the 90s it was great. I can't imagine it would feel the same watching it now.
>>
>>17793840
tahts basically the show
>>
Everything but season 8-10 is good.
>>
>>17793686
Watched the entire series last year and had never seen it before, one of my favorite shows now; even got the Mulder "I want to believe" poster now.

Haven't seen the mini-series reboot though, need to.
>>
File: 1462946094183.jpg (203 KB, 500x678) Image search: [Google]
1462946094183.jpg
203 KB, 500x678
It's a lot of fun, but don't get your hopes up. It starts out like it's setting up this grand conspiracy that's going to get unraveled, but the producers didn't really have any kind of plan ahead of time, so the plot started wandering off in different directions until everybody lost interest. I usually just watch the monster of the week episodes and skip the space conspiracy episodes because it bugs me that it never went anywhere.
>>
>>17794366
>it never went anywhere

Sure it did. They explained pretty much everything... they just did it in the laziest, most unimaginative, unsatisfying way possible.

The show does this thing where it repeatedly builds up a coherent conspiracy until they write themselves into a corner or the plot holes become too great, so then they handwave it away by saying it was a ruse and THIS is what's REALLY going on. Repeat.

It makes for a terrible story, but the irony is that this basic premise mirrors real life alien conspiracy culture exactly.
>>
>>17794400
it repeatedly builds up a coherent conspiracy until they write themselves into a corner or the plot holes become too great, so then they handwave it away by saying it was a ruse and THIS is what's REALLY going on. Repeat.

this reminds me a lot of the metal gear series
>>
What you all have to keep in mind is that X-Files was very much "of its time" when it came to the stories and direction of the show.
That's not to say it's "dated" per se, but you have to understand the context of society in the world, and the US, at the time of the show. ZIt grew out of a culture shift in regards to a resurgence of interest in occult and sci-fi phenomena, and then its focus shifted entirely after 9/11.
It did indeed start off as primarily episodic (monster of the week) so that it would eventually play well in syndication, so that viewers could tune in any time and not have to be up on any other episode to know what's going on. Very few primetime network shows--if any--at that time, had long, in-depth connected story arcs that spanned across a season or more, like those that are so common today (2-parter episodes were usually the most you ever got).
X-Files was one of the first to start trying out such multiple-episode or season long story arcs that were indeed dependent upon viewers keeping up with multiple episodes in order to follow the story. As time went on, they tried to increase the complexity, and yeah, sometimes they did not succeed and failed to bring about an amazingly satisfactory conclusion, but I tend to think that was more by design, as Chris Carter really wanted to try and keep the stories open ended, where it would never be possible to ever really reach the bottom of the rabbit-hole, because the real theme of the show, I think, was that just like in real life, we never really get to the bottom of a conspiracy. That is part of the appeal about conspiracies, is that the speculation is never ending, theories abound, but nothing ever gets proven, and it was reflected in the writing of the show.
>>
this is a pretty good thread, spooky
>>
>>17793686
you've missed how much I want to stick it to that horny old milf
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.