[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beneath the Sahara Desert
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
what do you think lies beneath the sahara desert, i've seen other "something beneath antarctic and arctic ice" and other threads but i suddenly got to wonder if there is something that lies beneath the sands of the vast desert.
>>
hidden monuments, pyramids or cities. i think there are plenty of abandoned cities buried in the sand somewhere.
>>
>>17792792
this
>>
>>17792781
Sand
>>
>>17792781
there are accounts (im not sure though) that the deserts across the world were forests, plains, and even part of the ocean thousands of years ago.
>>
File: mosasaurus3_8967.jpg (77 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
mosasaurus3_8967.jpg
77 KB, 900x506
>>17792807
It's true. Shara is where they find all the aquatic dino fossils.
>>
We might even see a spaceship that landed and got buried in the sand a hundred thousand years ago
>>
>>17792781
more sand
>>
>>17792781
sand, rocks, eventually magma, and then the solid nickel-iron Earth core
>>
>>17792781
ancient Egyptian memes
>>
>>17792792
Judging from the fact that the Sahara region used to be a lush savannah around 11,000 years ago, this is probably correct.
>>
>>17792822
>mosasaurs
>aquatic dinosaurs
>thousands of years ago
Fail
>>
>>17792781
ayy lmao ships crashing is possible but why sahara?
>>
>>17792874
Gonna need a source on that buckaroo
>>
>>17793264
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahara#History
>People lived on the edge of the desert thousands of years ago[34] since the last ice age. The Sahara was then a much wetter place than it is today. Over 30,000 petroglyphs of river animals such as crocodiles[35] survive, with half found in the Tassili n'Ajjer in southeast Algeria. Fossils of dinosaurs, including Afrovenator, Jobaria and Ouranosaurus, have also been found here. The modern Sahara, though, is not lush in vegetation, except in the Nile Valley, at a few oases, and in the northern highlands, where Mediterranean plants such as the olive tree are found to grow. It was long believed that the region had been this way since about 1600 BCE, after shifts in the Earth's axis increased temperatures and decreased precipitation, which led to the abrupt desertification of North Africa about 5,400 years ago.[36]

inb4 "wikipedia isn't a source"
>>
Ancient forgotten civilizations.
>>
>>17793284
Should have finished that paragraph
>However, this theory has recently been called into dispute, when samples taken from several 7 million year old sand deposits led scientists to reconsider the timeline for desertification.[37]
However, you gave me a source, so much obliged anon.
>>
>>17793293
Yeah it says that, and then goes on later in the article to discuss evidence of ancient settlements in Southwest Egypt and South Sudan that had established agricultural practices in what is now barren and infertile desert.
>>
>>17792802
underrated post
>>
How could we even try to start looking for anything in this type of environment. Trying to setup an expedition to stay and keep looking could be a waste of resources and could be dangerous for those who choose to go.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.