[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chinese government building massive underwater base 9,800 feet deep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: pathos2.png (560 KB, 813x617) Image search: [Google]
pathos2.png
560 KB, 813x617
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-07/china-pushes-plan-for-oceanic-space-station-in-south-china-sea

Reportedly the prototype/initial base will support 12 men. Then it will either be expanded or replaced so that it can support 33 men. It wil lbe nuclear powered and, contrary to earlier reports it will be a fixed seafloor habitat rather than a mobile submarine.

What is it for, /x/? Surely there are cheaper ways of accessing seafloor minerals. What if there's something else down there that the Chinese government alone knows about?
>>
the irl sealab2021?
>>
>>17791750
chinese are too jew to build shit properly, they'll drown to death before they find anything
>>
>>17791750
bottom of the ocean before mars makes sense
>>
>>17791750
The base might be a test platform for several new mining technologies, and one of them may see daylight or not.
>>
>>17792431
That or... China may be trying to brake America with MIC catch-up spending.
>>
Probably for microorganism testing and storage, but it could be a deep sea research station.
>>
BioShock...that is all.
>>
File: 17rods.jpg (95 KB, 1000x1031) Image search: [Google]
17rods.jpg
95 KB, 1000x1031
It's a fucking sub base for a future war in the pacific against Japan and SK.

Look at the poor state of their carrier capabilities and tin can air force, it's the only way to protect their newly acquired offshore assets.

If they can't take out naval threats, they'll lose air superiority and have to rely on SAMs to protect their hordes of infantry from getting bullied by stealth aircraft.

Building a Bond villain-esque sub base is the same thing the Krauts and then Ivan tried.
We in the west should recognize this for what it was then and what it is now; fear and desperation leading to plans of using wunder-strategie to win against a superior enemy.

If this development threatens us, I'm sure this base will have a mysterious explosion in the night delivered from orbit a la Tianjin.
>>
>>17791833

That's public buildings. This is a government facility.
>>
>>17792518

Have you seen Gravity? That movie proves manned spaceflight is doomed, so we should stop trying, right?
>>
>>17792540

Would orbital weapons even work against a target this far underwater?
>>
>>17792562
As underwater combat seems to deal with delivering massive shock waves to the target, I'd say yes.

If you're worried about a bit of seawater dampening the fireworks, why not fire an evenly spaced volley to displace some of it first so the later shots can have an effect?
>>
>>17792573

I meant rods from god. If it's a missile there will be time to track and intercept it.
>>
>>17792574
As did I.
>>
>>17791750
This sounds like, if it is what it sounds like, a doomsday safe for people...

If cali breaks off the safest place would be west of the Marrianas Trench as the plate will be forced into a quick folding. The volcanic release will also make much of the ring of fire be slingin slag comets so it would be good to be relatively underwater.

I guess all those years of oil platform (terraforming) research wasn't all for nothing...
>scratches head

What it is 'going' to be used for, there are a plethora of possibilities...
>>
File: 1464333954652.jpg (21 KB, 300x205) Image search: [Google]
1464333954652.jpg
21 KB, 300x205
>>17792540
I remember reading about an antarctic submarine base with nuclear capabilities that the US built. Allegedly its stocked for 50 years of independent operation for warfare.

I've completely forgotten what the base was called. It was supposed to be scrapped or suspended, but knowing the United States military, they just said that so people would forget about it.
>>
File: 1464333893109.jpg (24 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1464333893109.jpg
24 KB, 500x333
>>17794017
Another diagram
>>
>>17791750
Because it's always China building survival structures
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (89 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
89 KB, 600x450
>>17791750
>>
I mean its probably just practice for space mining, its got similar problems (pressure & corrosion not withstanding) so its alright moving forward.

>>17794022
>>17794017
these were plans from the early 60s that never got built, the main problem was population.. sure you stock and power the subs to fight on but how do you crew them? no women down there to breed with etc
>>
>>17794017
>>17794022

It's like Iron Sky but Ameriburgers instead of Nazis, and the ocean floor instead of the Moon.

Imagine if a Russo-Chinese alliance believed they totally wiped us out, only for our subs to wipe out their navy, then nuke the rest of their military infrastructure into molten slag
>>
>>17794076
I hope they have stimutacs!

I really need the strength of a bear that has the strength of 2 bears!

AAHHHHH!
>>
>>17791750
>What if there's something else down there that the Chinese government alone knows about?
That they need their presence, inhaited shit included, in the South China Sea?
>>
File: 455373.jpg (37 KB, 312x475) Image search: [Google]
455373.jpg
37 KB, 312x475
Oh no.
>>
>>17794330

They can do this with artificial islands much more cheaply.
>>
>>17792573
>>17792574
>>17792576
That's exactly what happened in Tianjin. Notice the multiple impacts and explosions.
>it was chemicals!
I won't even warrant that nonsense with a reply, that's facebook mom tier knowledge of conspiracies
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.