[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most convincing evidence of paranormal activity?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7
File: images (46).jpg (29 KB, 454x324) Image search: [Google]
images (46).jpg
29 KB, 454x324
What is the most convincing evidence of paranormal activity?
>>
>>17791749
pictures of people jumping
>>
>>17791754
The Enfield haunting was the most well documented evidence of the paranormal for a long time, but after doing a bit of research, it looks as though it could have easily been faked.
>>
>>17791749
your own
>>
>>17791774
While true, i meant in a more literal sense.
>>
>>17791749
The Fatima "Miracle of the Sun"
>>
>>17791847
Thanks anon
>>
>>17791749
Something that can literally punch/touch your face and make you feel it as if a real hand touched you.

You'll never know what happened, but you'll always remember that touch.
>>
>>17791903
Has this happened to you, anon?
Sounds pretty sp00ky
>>
"Prove [ topic ] is real" threads are troll threads made to cause pointless unending arguments and nothing more.
>>
>>17792093
it has happened to me, mutliple times in the same 5 min. just before i met a woman that claimed to be alien. i believed her.
These were blue giants. The moment she revealed her alien identity (she came to me asking me if i could "sense" them just after they touched me the 3th time) the blue giants turned into red/black wasps and hornets, swords and spears pearcing my aura from every direction.

i didn't stick around to find out if she really was alien

crazy shit happens with california sunshine
>>
Bigfoot
>>
File: salemslot6[1].jpg (12 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
salemslot6[1].jpg
12 KB, 320x240
>>17791749
Is that David Soul on the wall?
>>
>>17791770
Says a lot about paranormal "investigation", doesn't it?
>>
>>17792098
Sounds like something someone without an argument would say
>>
>>17791847
Go die in a fucking fire.
The 1913 apparition was announced in advance, and all the cameras existing in the world in that year were there.
THERE IS NOT A SINGLE PHOTO OF THE GODDAMNED BVM
>>
>>17791749
i still heavily believe the bitch just jumped off the bed, who the fuck can react fast enough to take a picture during a paranormal haunting
>>
>>17792913
"then" is not "than", and vice versa.
>>
>>17792425
That's like saying quantum physics doesn't real because we can't photograph it. IMO, mass hallucination is as paranormal as the spirit world and many of the strange eyewitness reports from that day were given by skeptics and people there expressly to disprove it.
>>
Quantum entanglement.
>>
File: virgen_de_guadalupe.jpg (488 KB, 1200x1867) Image search: [Google]
virgen_de_guadalupe.jpg
488 KB, 1200x1867
>>17792925
I'd much rather mention Guadalupe over Fátima--at least the former left an object behind.
>>
>>17791749

Ed and Lorraine Warren. Read "The Demonlogist".

They once got called to help with an "entity" at West Point. Literally hired by the base commander. Lorraine holds a trance session. Finds out that this entity is a black dude named Greer that served in some capacity on a base in the early 19th century and was never exonerated for a murder. He stuck around because he couldn't let that go. Brass says that's impossible; no black had ever served at West Point until the 20th century.

Few weeks go by and they get a call from West Point again. They dug around and found out a black guy named Greer did exist, served on the base in the early 19th century, and while he was exonerated of the murder, it was never done officially. Army makes the corrections.

That book made me seriously question my religious beliefs, or lack thereof.
>>
>>17793217
>Ed and Lorraine Warren
scam artists
>>
>>17793220

UCLA conducted a series of tests on Lorraine's purported "clairvoyance" abilities. Found that she wasn't bullshitting.
>>
>>17793229
link to the studies please
>>
>>17793232

I don't know where they are online but they were under the direction of Dr. Thelma Moss, then the director of UCLA's Neuropsychiatric Institute. I'm sure if you look, you'll find it.

http://dailybruin.com/2010/10/26/ucla_lab_researched_parapsychology_in_the_70s/

Here's an article about some of the shit they studied.
>>
>>17791770
I believe most spooky shit is social engineering.
>>
>>17793240
>I'm sure if you look, you'll find it.
Essential x phraseology.
>>
>>17793281

So because it's not readily available online it must be fake? Sorry, friend, doesn't work that way. We're talking about a test that's over 40 years old.

Dr. Moss was a very reputable psychologist/parapsychologist. You don't bullshit your way to that sort of position in academia at a respected university. Her findings have been summarized in many books, some of which are online. If that's not sufficient for you, well, sorry...?
>>
>>17792400
sounds like something a troll would say.
>>
>>17792129
>3th time
>>
>>17791847
That one does not count. DOES. NOT. COUNT.
>>
>>17793316
You don't have any evidence I take it?
>>
>>17791749
>What is the most convincing evidence of paranormal activity?

1917 Incident in Portugal. "Miracle of the Sun"
>>
>>17793487
I have plenty. I can give you all the evidence in the world. It would still take your will and belief to know it.
>>
>>17791754
kek
>>
>>17793492
>I can give you all the evidence in the world
give just 1, pls
>>
File: kanyetaylor.gif (369 KB, 550x374) Image search: [Google]
kanyetaylor.gif
369 KB, 550x374
>>17793498
Not Anon, but let me say one thing. If ya don't believe in the supernatural, go to the bathroom mirror and look at your sorry ass troll face and ask what the hell did your mother fuck to give birth to such an fuggly ass thing as you.

Anon. Out.
>>
>>17793513
So you don't have any evidence?
>>
>>17793513
I'm actually quite handsome. But what has that to do with anything?
How do you know, I wont believe in the supernatural? just give evidence, like you said
>>
>>17793513
This probably sounded a lot better in your head
>>
>>17792098
Contribute or kill yourself.
>>
>>17792387
Unfortunately so.
>>
>>17792909
I believe they could have reacted quick enough, but the fact that it simply looks like she is jumping off the bed kills it.
>>
>>17793268
I dont blame you.
It could have so easily been faked.
>>
>>17793492
>i have evidence, but you have to believe!
So you dont have any evidence.
>>
>>17793240
There's literally a mill up for grabs if anyone can prove paranormal abilities on a controlled setting.

Why hasn't she picked up her free money?
>>
>>17792129
forget to take your meds, eh, anon?
>>
File: 1464663614860.jpg (38 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1464663614860.jpg
38 KB, 640x360
>>17791754
>>
>>17791903
No, but I'd definitely would have if it'd happened to me. Everything else would be strictly less chilling.

"B-but, you're not real! You can't touch me!"
"I don't care."
>>
>>17792925
Try staring at the sun for some seconds an NOT have it jump around and change form. People there were hyped up, that's all.
>>
Ouja boards. People are all rational and skeptical but they will hesitate when asked to use a board or do some weird rituals
>>
>>17793240
>70's parapsychology studies

Yeah, we had those in Germany, too. Very convincing results. Until Professor Hans Bender was found out to be a gulliable moron who could be fooled by practical jokes. In the end, all research was useless and no chair of parapsychology ever had a professor again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Bender
>>
I don't have the links with me but there's one where a possessed boy was seen walking up the wall and across the ceiling backwards. Another one is where rain followed this man inside any building he went into. It stopped once a priest(?) prayed it away for him.

In both cases the witnesses were either policemen or government workers
>>
>>17793217

Yeah... these people milked it as much as they could. Hell, they even went as far to make a hokey museum of "haunted" objects. It's like a small spook ride at a crumbling amusement park. The benefit of the Warrens is that they created great spooky fiction. I don't care if they just did it to sucker in christians. I enjoy the the bullshit stories they put out.
>>
>>17795449
And this makes them somehow more credible?
>>
>>17793312
>So because it's not readily available online it must be fake?

Hey there, new guy here. I'd say the answer to this question is yes. No journal makes a habit of archiving fringe ideas with wavering analysis. So much so, that there are certain groups attempting to archive these fringe papers themselves, either for a good laugh or just for the hell of it. If Dr. Moss' work was at all repudable, it wouldn't be difficult to find her papers at all. It isn't an issue of time either. You can find papers from decades earlier, easily.

Parapsychology went nowhere and explained nothing. It was an attempt to take the word of charlatans and con-artists, without scrutinizing them. The field of parapsychology was never good scientific field, because the people within it wanted to endorse the supernatural. There's no money or tenure if everything you intend to study is debunked.

>Dr. Moss was a very reputable psychologist/parapsychologist.

Considering the years she worked in those fields, that statement means absolutely nothing. Only a handful of Psychology studies were worth a damn form that time period and none of parapsychology was worth anything whatsoever.

>You don't bullshit your way to that sort of position in academia at a respected university.

Yes you do.
>>
>>17795414
was 4 >>17792093
>>
>>17791749
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6UHLd_zxuo

the infamous ghost car.
>>
>>17795469
>none of parapsychology was worth anything
This remains to be seen, in my opinion. Failure to understand the findings is common in psychology.
>>
>>17794571

James Randi's challenge is long gone.

>>17795436

Doesn't appear he possessed the credentials of Dr. Moss.

>>17795455

Their West Point story is arguably the most credible because it was witnessed by a Colonel and other key figures at West Point. That's why I included it.
>>
>>17791749
The problem with Enfield is

1. They went to the media

If you're having serious troubles at home, why would you do this? I mean who the hell would go to the press if you're family is experiencing fucked up things. I understand going to a priest, the police or researchers but not the press.

2. They admitted they made some things up (due to pressure from the press) which seriously casts doubt over everything
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.