[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm writing a book on cryptids, what cryptid should I start with?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: ufo.jpg (74 KB, 450x608) Image search: [Google]
ufo.jpg
74 KB, 450x608
I'm writing a book on cryptids, what cryptid should I start with?
>>
>wants to write a book
>has no research or decision making skills
>asks /x/ of all places for help
Your book doesn't stand a chance
>>
>>17789147
I've done my research, I'm having difficulty choosing what cryptid to do first. Read the post before you reply.
>>
>>17789152
Flatwoods Monster, now fuck off
>>
>>17789129
just make up your own gobblegook critter cause u know all them other onse are made up lmao :D
>>
Lake Worth Monster. Or thunderbirds. Thunderbirds are the most plausible of any cryptids.
>>
>>17789152
He did read it.
Now explain your lack of decision making skills.

What you meant to say is...
>I like the idea of writing a book but I can't decide how to begin it and I'll give up after a few pages because I'm indecisive and an unreliable kind of person.
>>
Start with the smokey god.
>>
File: deer4.jpg (2 MB, 1935x2592) Image search: [Google]
deer4.jpg
2 MB, 1935x2592
Alright, here is some free advice because i'm bored and day-drinking:

Determine your audience first.
Are you self publishing? If so, maybe stick to cryptids that are supposed to be in your geographical area. Locals and tourists alike will be attracted to your book, and you can get it into local stores.

Have a great hook.
Don't just make it list of cryptids and a chapter explaining each. Maybe choose 5 and explain to us why they are "actually all the same monster" or "proof that bigfoot is actually a skinwalker" blah blah blah. It's a bit cheap, but these are the times we live in.

Approach the content as a skeptic.
If you write it as a lunatic tin-foil, nobody will care. If you write it as am open-mined skeptic, it will attract far more readers.

There you go, friend. Take my advice or leave it, it's all good.
>>
>>17789129
Dolphins. I've always been fascinated by the idea of them.
>>
Do the Popelick monster.
>>
File: loltaro.gif (90 KB, 322x324) Image search: [Google]
loltaro.gif
90 KB, 322x324
>>17789433
Go fuck one then.
>>
>>17789363
Actually best advice in this thread, if there's anyone to listen to, it's this guy
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.