[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Strange Military Emblem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: 2663661754_4b8c1a72f9.jpg (126 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
2663661754_4b8c1a72f9.jpg
126 KB, 500x500
I went on a tour of an air force base last year. On the wall was a strange emblem showing a bald eagle in space holding a magnifying glass and burning things on earth. I'm wondering what project this could have been for. All I can think of is a satellite based laser defense system.
>>
>>17787940
>defense
Sure.
>>
>>17787965
Oh look, we got a spelling bee champion here. Well done Officer Spelling, solid police work.
>>
>>17787970
This is actually a real concern. The US starting a new space race in the name of defense would be catastrophically offensive no matter how you slice it.
>>
>>17787991
I agree, apparently we already have titanium rod in space. They fire down without explosives, only using kinetic energy like a concrete bomb.
>>
>>17788001
>apparently
Can we get something more than your say-so?
>>
>>17788001
Isn't this from a Fucking movie.
>>
>>17788011
Yeah it's from G.I Joe retaliation.
>>
>>17788012
Kek
>>
>>17788014
Was a pretty top quality troll actually. I bet some idiot is going to read that and believe it.
>>
>>17788012
In all seriousness I have never seen that movie because it looked like shit. I did see this insignia at an air force base and it spooked me a bit. They made us give up our cell phones at the beginning of the tour.
>>
>>17788021
They always do mate, they always do.
>>
>>17788021
I assure you this is not a troll. We were in the base and every employee avoided all of my questions while there.
>>
>>17788029
It's a military post you dumb cunt. You think they are gonna tell you anything interesting? They aren't going to hide super secret military shit out in the open where a tour group of civilians will see and get curious about. Delete this stupid fucking thread already.
>>
>>17788040
The top communications engineer laughed nervously when I asked if they use quantum communication after he said they were running out of usable radio frequencies.
>>
>>17788050
>nervously
Can you describe exactly which aspects made you think it was nervous, as opposed to, say, pity?

Because radio waves are a quantum phenomenon as it is.
>>
>>17788050
You absolutely did not speak to the "top communications engineer" specifically because there is no such thing. Anyone at the top of anything in the military is by no means an expert of anything. They simply advise and instruct, like managers would. And yes the military is running out of usable frequencies, that's not a secret. And I assure you, there is no military base utilizing quantum communications that run civilian guided tours. Your logic is shamefully fucking retarded.
>>
An engineer told me that they placed bulkheads in their bombers to make it impossible the hold nuclear bombs in accordance with a disarmament treaty with Russia. As a joke I asked him "How fast can you remove those bulkheads?" and he ignored my question entirely. I found it pretty funny.
>>
>>17788069
You clearly don't understand what a "bulkhead" is.
>>
>>17788011
And COD Ghosts lol
>>
>>17788064
It was the noticeable pause before he responded. It was really a "ha" and not a "haha". It struck me as what a man does when he laughs off something that he knows is in the works.

>>17788067
I agree, it was likely not a "top communications engineer" but he was introduced to us as such.

>>17788075
Perhaps my vernacular is incorrect but I would hope that you understood what I meant.
>>
>>17788086
You don't seem to understand the fact that there is nothing spooky about the base you visited. It's a normal base that does military shit. If it had super ultra mega top secret technology there, or super cool programs that are the blackest of black clandestine shit, they wouldn't have your dumb ass walking around there. Period...

And you cannot add bulkheads to an air craft and then magically remove them when you want to. You've altered the structural integrity of the craft, if you remove them it's no longer safe to fly. They wouldn't allow you near any nuclear armed aircraft anyways.
>>
>>17788050
Military operates on a revolving, "frequency hopping" system that randomly shifts the broadcast frequency continually.
>>
>>17787940
Could be related to the "star wars" project, we know publicly that there are laser missile defense systems in existence. I've spoken with DOD personnel that made it clear that they have a system in place that could vaporize a van from space no problem.
>>
Inb4 space is a hoax because flat earth.
>>
File: 1463186558723.jpg (70 KB, 335x525) Image search: [Google]
1463186558723.jpg
70 KB, 335x525
>>17788006
>>17788011
>>17788021

The concept of orbital bombardment with kinetic energy weapons has been been around since the cold war. We're openly using long rod penetrators in our tank's SABOT shells. We also experimented with anti infantry kinetic weapons in Vietnam, albeit they were dropped from planes. The benefits to an orbital weapons platform are immense, with multiple satellites in orbit payloads can be delivered faster than ICBM's without a chance for interception or tracking. Information on this stuff is readily available. Our military is actively developing rail guns and microwave radiation beams, you'd be a fucking fool to believe they aren't working on satellite based weapons systems.
>>
The earth is flat

Space is a hoax
>>
>>17787940

Which base?

People like to paint squadron logos and such around base or in their work centers. They're not necessarily true to what the squadron does. For example at my last base, the finance section (people who give you your pay check) had a humanized moose with machine gun as their squadron logo. They sit at computers all day.

You probably saw something like that, as there is no way any real special programs would be painted on the wall. They also don't let tour groups go anywhere sensitive. We have to watch those fuckers closely cause they'll pull cell phones out their ass and start talking selfies with aircraft.
>>
>>17788022
I was k9 for ten years in the air force. I had to walk all over buildings doing security checks in all sorts of places even Cheyenne mountain. Some desk jockey probably thought it was cool looking or funny and put it up.

Most of the air force is just a bunch of geeks, there was even a sign on a door to a broom closet that said "stargate" command.

I bet you would have creamed yourself seeing that even though it was just a joke.
>>
>>17788050
Urine an idiot. They probably thought you were creepy as fuck and trying to avoid you and grind through the rest of their day doing nothing acting like they were working.

Every time there is a tour we have to act like we are doing something. You realize there are tons of dependents in military bases and regular civilians dying construction work that have nothing to do with the military that can basically wander around?

What base was it?
>>
>>17788196
Got eeem!
>>
File: DHSGUY.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
DHSGUY.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
his unit? because he seems to make people disappear
>>
I remember a thread here (<2010) showing several - hundreds in fact - weird ass real mil badges.

A space eagle holding a magnifying glass would be on the most tame side of things from what I can vaguely recall.
>>
>>17790447
I'm fairly sure you can find some website holding most of those. I don't feel like searching for it but it's probably not that hard to find a good compilation of those somewhere.
>>
There's an usually heavy shill presence ITT.
>>
>>17788011
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_bombardment#Project_Thor
>>
>>17787940
Sounds like ASAT tech or a laser-based satellite system to strike ground targets from orbit (probably to shoot down ICBMs or the like).
>>
>>17788158
>bitches don't know 'bout rods from god
>>
>>17787940
sound like protest art to me
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.