[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Astral projection vs spiritual Enlightement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1458497818338.jpg (348 KB, 1000x1163) Image search: [Google]
1458497818338.jpg
348 KB, 1000x1163
Do they go against each-other?
with enlightenment there is no self and it is basically described as oneness with everything, while during the astral projection you have the astral body, the spirit, that is clearly separated from other beings. So which one is it? Can they coexist?
>>
>>17787850
>described as oneness with everything
No, it's described as an awareness of the oneness of everything. You're already one with everything, you're just too stupid to realize it vividly.
>>
they're both bullshit so if you're wasting your time on one why not another
>>
>>17787861
that's what I meant, thanks
>>17787864
I'm pretty sure enlightenment is real, not sure about OOBE and NDE but people report both and they seems to contradict each other
>>
>>17787850

We've been Rango'd!
>>
>>17787871
>seems to contradict each other
No they don't.
>>
File: 143413787707400.png (72 KB, 251x257) Image search: [Google]
143413787707400.png
72 KB, 251x257
>>17787879
care to elaborate
>>
>>17787882
No. Stories of NDE and OOBEs are remarkably consistent. If you think they aren't, you need to either check your source, cite your source so we can check it for you, or research more.
>>
>>17787957
I was saying that the and OOBE contradict the idea of enlightenment, as I explained in the op
I could've phrased it better
>>
>>17787967
Oh. I kinda thought you'd realized they don't conflict at all after >>17787861
>already one with everything
>you're just stupid
>>
File: 1464959583058.jpg (316 KB, 1320x1656) Image search: [Google]
1464959583058.jpg
316 KB, 1320x1656
>>17787988
yeah supposedly I am one with everything, but then people report to the world from their "spirits" perspective, isn't that Idea of having a separate spirit against that?
can you explain it to me like if I were a retard
>>
>>17788004
>like if I were a retard
Sure, I can explain it normally.

You see, all of existence exists. You, existing, are part of that existence, which is everything that exists. Now, you may not yet be aware that you exist, but trust me: You DO exist. It's nothing to be afraid of and I can assure you that it is entirely safe. Existence doesn't want to kill your or anything, and we're made it safer by making sure that you can't kill yourself. See? Isn't that nice? You'll never have to deal with complex existential thoughts ever again, no sir.

It doesn't matter what you are; spirit, soul, mind, body, Frodo Baggins. Whatever you are, you are one with existence because you exist. Projection of consciousness changes nothing about the logic of existing.
>>
>>17787850
I don't think outer body experiences are literally real. I think you can detach from your physical reality and exist in a plane of no physical restraints, but it's an internal experience which is bigger than the universe. So both are a greater understanding of yourself and your internal existence.
>>
>>17788013
>we're made it safer by making sure that you can't kill yourself. See? Isn't that nice? You'll never have to deal with complex existential thoughts ever again, no sir.
what did he mean by this
>>
>>17787850
>Do they go against each-other?

No.
>>
>>17788166
that's really meaningful input
are you here simply to show off your trip-code?
>>
>>17788004
You are one with everything, and even if it where possible to actually leave the body you would still be one with everything.
>>
>>17788183

He asked, I answered. Why should that bother you?
>>
>>17788190
because I am the OP
>>
>>17788194

So?
>>
>>17788202
stop pretending you don't get my point
your answer holds no value if you have nothing to back it up with
trip-fag or not
>>
>>17788209

This pleases me. Dwell in darkness.
>>
>>17788013
>babbys first philosophy lesson
holy fuck, shut up
>>
Good question OP, I often wonder this myself.

There are many traditions that do not care so much for magick, alchemy, astrology, dreams, and by association astral projection.

They only care about meditation and/or insight into your mind.

Whatever works I guess. Astral Projection is no guarantee of Enlightenment.You will still have illusions, though it may free you from some of them by having that experience.

All these occult methods are just ways to make your whole perception alter towards Enlightenment though. But, to attain it, if indeed there is anything to "attain" at all, you must SEE it. It's all you have to do.

Even meditation is a type of ritual and the act itself doesn't actually make you realize anything. It's all on you. Anything can trigger Enlightenment, perhaps there is someone who was enlightened through astral projection, but we won't know for certain.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.