[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just started watching this, looking for some good /x/-recommended
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 220px-Quarantineposter.jpg (19 KB, 220x326) Image search: [Google]
220px-Quarantineposter.jpg
19 KB, 220x326
So I just started watching this, looking for some good /x/-recommended horror.

Is it just me or is this pretty much a scene-for-scene remake of REC?

I'm about 15 minutes in and it seems like almost the exact same movie shot in English. Even the camera angles and shit seem to be like the exact same.
>>
>>17787790
Yes it is
Americans don't like dubs or reading so they just remake every foreign movie they see, even british ones from time to time
Also REC is better because you can watch REC 2 right after it
>>
>>17787800

I find American remakes can work if the original is just too cheap and indie-ish seeming. The Thing is a lot better than Ringu for example. but I can't see what this adds to the original at all. It doesn't even have any hollywood slickness to it, it's exactly the same as the source material.
>>
>>17787818
yeah sometimes the remakes are reasonable or even fine, but shot for shot remakes are retarded and are just made to make them easier to understand
what I will never get though is the all black american remake of death at a funeral
>>
>>17787790
>Is it just me or is this pretty much a scene-for-scene remake of REC?
are you actually retarded? It was very obviously a remake.
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 480x270
>>17787790
Remake: yes
Better: very yes
Just watch REC again.
Sequel was eh.
>>
>>17787790
It sucked balls. And we have a horror movie thread. Use the catalog next time.
>>
>>17787898
2 is okay, showed the events of the first movie from a different perspective

3 is...I'm pretty certain it was a joke.

4 messed up a lot of things for me but it's worth a watch for at least some sort of conclusion.
>>
>>17787790
Yeah Quarantine is a shittier version of REC.
REC 2 was good. REC 3 was just ... funny I guess is the word.

Check out the V/H/S series or House of 1000 Corpses. IDK what kind of horror are you into?
>>
>>17788252
V/H/S 2 was the only one I thought worth watching. 1 was boring to me and the only redeeming feature in 3 were the skateboard assholes.
>>
Recommended horror:
10 cloverfield lane
As above as bellow
The thing (older version)
Rosemary's baby
Eyes without a face
Grace (2009)
The fly (1986)
Eraserhead
The descent
A tale of two sisters (the Asian version)
Suspiria
Repulsion (1965)
The brood (1979)
Inside (2007)
Cats eye (1985)
The people under the stairs (1991)
Session 9
The hills have eyes
The orphanage
They

I have a love for pregnancy/parental horror. Can anyone recommend anything?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.