[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are psychics real? Any real and solid evidence?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (689 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
689 KB, 2592x1936
Are psychics real? Any real and solid evidence?
>>
>>17786258
>ITT: babby's first bait thread
>>
File: Psychic_warrior.jpg (44 KB, 337x500) Image search: [Google]
Psychic_warrior.jpg
44 KB, 337x500
Read this book
>>
I had an idea for how we could gather evidence. Let me know what you all think of this.
1- find 10 people who claim to be psychic/sensitive/whatever
2- find 10 people who don't claim to be psychic/sensitive/whatever
3- find 10 buildings that have had reports of ghosts/spoopy feelings/whatever
4- find 10 buildings that have had no reports of ghosts/spoopy feelings/whatever
5- have each person do a walkthrough of each building and write down what sort of things they're able to detect. Can the psychics do better than the ordinary people at figuring out which buildings are supposed to be spoopyhaunted?

Considerations: It may help to have the people come from one area and have all the buildings in another area that's far enough away that they haven't heard of the buildings by name or reputation.

Bonus: Can any of the people generate detailed answers about what has been said about a building they've never seen in a building they've never been to?

I'm not asking for predictions about what the result will be, just input about whether or not the methodology would be sound.
>>
>>17786751
[building they've never seen in a town they've never been to]
I dun goofd.
>>
Randi james has been offering 1 mil for anyone able to demonstrate paranormal/supernatural abilities in a controlled setting since the 70s.

He's yet to pay out.
>>
>>17786751

Similar things have been done, but they're either faked or considered faked.
>>
No, or at least there is compelling evidence.

A few decades ago (1978) the U.S. military conducted tests for psychic abilities in humans. As far as we know, they found nothing. And it's pretty reasonable to assume that that's the case, because if it wasn't they could've prevented future military disasters.

You can read more about it here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Project

There's an argument to be made that the military tests simply failed, but regardless, no strong evidence exists for psychics existing.

Of course, facts didn't convince the people who believe in them, so they won't convince them that they don't exist. Can't reason someone out of a position they weren't reasoned into.
>>
>>17786784
I enjoyed that Men Who Stares at Goats movie.
>>
File: 1457254637462.jpg (55 KB, 472x620) Image search: [Google]
1457254637462.jpg
55 KB, 472x620
>>17786814
Okay? That's good. I'm glad you had fun.
>>
File: serveimage-6.jpg (52 KB, 500x775) Image search: [Google]
serveimage-6.jpg
52 KB, 500x775
Fucking read beyond the easily controlled data sources on the web. You are either paid shill or inept at researching at the level of an intelligence agency.
>>
>>17786784
The results showed 85% success rate under double blind testing conditions. There is a pdf showing their training methods - Firedocs something.. I'll post a link in a sec. In the interest of obfuscation the results were documented inverted showing only a 15% success rate when presented to congress.
>>
>>17787114
https://archive.org/stream/pdfy--9LuAz4--whBqIcg/CIA%20Remote%20Viewing%20Manual_djvu.txt
>>
>>17786258
Closest you will get is a real empath
>>
>>17787124

Original file format here;

https://archive.org/details/pdfy--9LuAz4--whBqIcg
>>
>>17786258
Hard to really say . Have not ever met anyone claiming to be . I have had some really weird things happen . last fri. I was leaving work and said to a guy for no real reason ..just off the top of my head..jokingly "your going to Portland , Oregon " . The guy just looked at me with a blank face and Says " how did you know ? I was just asked to go and said no " Here it is wed. and he come up and said I can't believe you new about Portland . Then numerous times just knowing what someone is going to say . Nothing that has happened with me was ever predicable ..it just happens . Never know when it happens .
>>
If I were psychic I would keep my mouth shut about it and be a poker player
>>
This whole article sums up "psychics" fairly well.

http://www.cracked.com/article_20566_the-6-most-humiliating-public-failures-by-celebrity-psychics.html
>>
If psychics doesn't real then how is Isaac Newton? Use brain thought before questions future.
>>
>>17786768
Governments and some corporations pay more than that for a single tip from a legitimate psychic. They just don't advertise.
>>
absolutely not

But there was one story of a man who supposedly kept dream journals and he apparently predicted a bank robbery and alerted the cops in time.

It was on that show on I think History? about people with great abilities
but I'm not sure
if it was History i'd just disregard this
>>
>>17787786
>Governments and some corporations pay more than that for a single tip from a legitimate psychic. They just don't advertise.
That's literally an urban legend.
>>
There is a link in this thread to the training manual used by the joint army/cia program and yet there are still people pushing their own level of ignorance. You people seriously need to learn how to do research.
>>
>>17787796
Yeah they didn't even pay that much when they were locating that diamond mine in Canada that turned out to be the biggest producing mine ever.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.