[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Inexplicable similarities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 403x957) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 403x957
I've noticed some similarities between religious figures internationally, and I'm wondering how /x/ interprets it. The reason I believe it could be considered "paranormal" is because if it wasn't the religions of the world seeing Jesus, then how are there similarities between deities? Most of these civilizations had no contact. I'm Christian, so I'm inclined to believe it was Jesus in every instance, but what do you guys think?

I'm sorry for the poor image quality. And I hope this is an appropriate place to post this.
>>
so the bible is copypasta
>>
File: isis.jpg (23 KB, 461x350) Image search: [Google]
isis.jpg
23 KB, 461x350
>>17786082
Horus wasn't born of a virgin. His mum, Isis went to a lot of trouble to locate dismembered husband's dick to use to impregnate herself. And there's no implication the couple hadn't had sex before Hubby's death as well.
>>
Go read Campbell's "The Hero With A Thousand Faces"
>>
>>17786099
Pretty much, yeah.
>>
>>17786100
Most of those images floating around the internet are the result of deliberate misinformation, usually a few steps removed from the original liar. A lot of people are too gullible or lazy to fact check things, so if you make a documentary you can talk out your ass and people will just believe you and join your cult.
>>
>>17786082
People aren't super creative.
>>
>>17786082
Most religions just rip off the cultures and rites of the peoples they conquered. They're all similar because people have no imagination.
>>
File: 1465345396330.jpg (29 KB, 349x642) Image search: [Google]
1465345396330.jpg
29 KB, 349x642
>>17786082
What did you do? Watch Zeitgeist for the first time? Faggot.
>>
>>17786082
I bet you just saw Zeitgeist. Literally none of that section on religion is remotely correct. Even a cursory follow up on Google will show you this.
>>
>>17786082
You realize that's fake right?
>>
>>17786082
>inexplicable
Only if you believe earth is more than 7,000 years old, idiot.
>>
>>17786082
Krishna was the 8th son of Devaki and Vasudeva - nobles - who was then given to Yasoda And Nanda - cowherders - to be raised out of sight of the evil Kamsa. He was repeatedly called the Supreme God, not the Son of God, and never resurrected.

The weird part is that there are plenty of similarities between Krishna's story and Christ, but this pic doesn't hit ANY of them.

How about both Krishna and Christ had a mad king killing babies all across his land to try and get the prophesied child preemptively.
>>
>be prey species
>travel in a pack
>when predators attack, only one of the group is killed and eaten while the rest flea
>"he died to save us"
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.