[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did our human mind got created because of drugs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: 1457783147320.gif (497 KB, 250x374) Image search: [Google]
1457783147320.gif
497 KB, 250x374
Let's just imagine a monkey in the forest.

He finds a weird looking Mushroom, and he eats it, suddenly all of his neurons and chemicals in his brain get crazy, his brain shows him just because of that drug how to use sticks as a weapon, or how to create fire by rubbing two stones together, he witnessed that before but was too scared of the hot sparks, now he knows for what they are good for.

Maybe there was one group of monkeys in an specific area in africa which ate mushrooms.

This gropu spread all across Africa eating all mushrooms they could find because they wanted more of that knowledge.

So let's say humans did evolve like that.

Is it possible that if all Mushrooms and mind altering Drugs are legalised today, that we could develop an even higher stage of existence?

I think this is an really interesting theory.
>>
>>17785876
Deputy Xenocrusher from Oklahoma would kill that reptilian piece of shit you posted.
>>
Well, that's Terence McKenna's theory from Food of the Gods, anyway.
>>
File: 1459487871006.jpg (245 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1459487871006.jpg
245 KB, 640x640
I've not heard this theory applied to accelerating our development in terms of evolution, but I can easily believe that synesthesia as a side effect of hallucinogenic mushrooms contributed to the early development of language insomuch as sights can be expressed as sounds.

I'm almost certain the manna described in the bible that sustained the israelites in the desert were shrooms.

I'd say it was actually more of a mutator of culture than biological evolution, but cause and effect of those two are debatable.
>>
>>17785896
I like this one better. The full article is on times under "how child care made humans smarter"

Humans developed much higher order intelligence than other mammals because they needed to look after their young for much longer and much more comprehensively, says an intriguing new study.
“The theory is that we are much more intelligent because our infants are so helpless,” says Celeste Kidd assistant professor in the Brain and Cognitive Sciences department at the University of Rochester.
The only human babies that survive are the ones whose parents are intelligent enough to protect their helpless offspring from imminent dangers—cold, cliffs, predators, sharp objects. The babies with not-so-capable parents die and their-not-so-capable genes with them. Thus evolution selects for intelligence.
You could call it “survival of the smartest.”
>>
We aren't in a high existence.
We are in the lower, physical plane.

The impression I get is that this reality is 1 dimensional and we are somehow caught up in this lower existence.
>>
File: 4j14cpc.jpg (93 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
4j14cpc.jpg
93 KB, 960x720
what if fungi have somehow learned to read the weak light (equivalent to a candle 12 km away in pure blackness) emitted by DNA and RNA

tfw fungi are sentient and are shaping the evolution of Earth for millions of years

protip, complex fungi covered the earth before complex animals did. Fungus turned the toxic gas in our early atmosphere into breathable oxygen capable of supporting complex life

Fungi are God. Much more paranormal than spook apes
>>
>>17785921
>fungi
>photosynthesis
No
>>
>>17785876
I've done a fuckload of acid, mushrooms, and dmt over the last 10 years and let me be the first to tell you it does not make you any smarter. It's fun, but that's about it. If the stoned ape theory had any validity to it then man would not be the only sentient animal, mammals all over the world ingest psychedelics constantly and fuckall happens. Not to be a dick, it's just that this theory is the epitome of middle school DUDE WEED LMAO and I find it rather tiresome.
>>
>>17785921
Everything is a facet of God.
>>
>>17785928
I am so much more wise because of my drug experience.

Has it helped my occupation?
No.

Has it helped my well being and mindset? Hell to the YA!
>>
Its hard to say but the psychedelic experience is quite possibly the most beneficial event to human consciousness and I believe the world would be better if everyone could try it. I dont mean in some lovey dovey hippy sense eaither because most of that was propaganda by elites to make drug users docile and throw them off the trail
>>
>>17785928
But what if you just had the wrong mindset? What if you weren't open enough to the Universe? It doesn't have to make you 'smart' but rather let you see and understand everything better, bringing change.

Even if a mammal like an Tiger, Raccoon etc, would eat this mushrooms, it wouldn't do much. Monkeys were much much more far into the usage of tools and community living, also they had perfect tools on themselves, like hands. Even if an raccoon wanted to create an fire he wouldn't be able to do it because of it's physical treats.
>>
>>17785927
plants and fungi cannot exist without the other

plants could have changed the atmosphere too much but fungi balanced it out and made it perfect for life

http://science.psu.edu/news-and-events/2001-news/Hedges8-2001.htm
>>
>>17785943
Raccoons have hands you fuck
>>
>>17785927
http://science.psu.edu/news-and-events/2001-news/Hedges8-2001.htm

plants almost made the atmosphere ignite with their bullshit, based fungi balanced it out so we could exist

fungi lower oxygen, carbon and methane levels while promoting nitrate levels and turning rubbish into soil
>>
McKenna's Stoned Ape theory is only that, and cannot be proven. Even if we found psilocybin mushrooms in a fossilized ape-man's stomach it wouldn't prove that the drugs had influenced development. I think it's much more likely they started sharpening sticks because they had to kill animals and each other, and making fire because it was fucking cold.

I'm only familiar with the basic concept of McKenna's theory so I don't know if he suggests what you're saying, where the drugs gave the early humans inspiration to use tools, but that seems pretty ridiculous to me. Crows and chimps use tools without having to trip on acid first. The idea that consumption of hallucinogens was a piece of the puzzle, and is responsible for some of the peculiarities of man's mind is less offensive.

I have taken psychedelics many times and I still think it's unlikely. To be polite.

>>17785893
you're a faggot
>>
>>17785950
But not massive ones like monkeys, not hand's for making fire.

If you teach a monkey today how to make an fire he could do it, try to do it with an raccoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQcN7lHSD5Y
>>
>>17785944
The only role mentioned for fungi in that article is breaking down rock and helping trap excess carbon dioxide. You have your claims backward, probably because you're high right now.
>>
>>17785944
It's funny.

Fungi is literally a whole different species.

Most humans think fungi belong to the plant's but they are more different than a human to a plant.

All on our earth creates an big symbiosis, even if someone get's killed by another, it's still part of the cycle, it's a wonderful harmony.

Even if the fungi doesn't know - for the monkey he seems like something to eat, and the poison creates wild fires in the monkeys brain.

This all together is what i think brought the evolution running, even something so different from each other like an mushroom to an monkey, they can still provide for each others existence and evolution.

It's beautiful.
>>
>>17785975
What is your native language? That post makes almost no sense
>>
File: 1407494864002.jpg (124 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1407494864002.jpg
124 KB, 640x960
>>17785876
Someone should give shrooms/dmt/weed to their cat and teach it the knowledge of humans.
>>
>>17786478
I dont recommend trying this cuz my friend and I gave his cats liquid LSD with their food once and all three of them started seizuring and died
>>
File: 1369821283125.jpg (24 KB, 498x357) Image search: [Google]
1369821283125.jpg
24 KB, 498x357
>>17786484
I gave my cats some cannabis butter in their food once.
>Cat wants outside, so I let it out.
>About an hour later, it scaratches the door, wanting back in
>Cat jumps on my shoulder (It had never done that before) and starts licking behind my ear.
>"wtf Carmen" (her name)
>Hops down and eats the rest of her food
>She goes over to the refidgerator and stares at it for 15 minutes
>Just stares at it while sitting.
>Takes a dump in her litter box
>The most awful smell rises out of the box
>I have to clean it right then because it is disgusting
>She hops onto my bed and flops over
>I freak out thinking I've killed my cat
>I rub her to try to get her to move
>Her head turns to me and gives me this look. Pic related
>She's fine
>She sleeps the entire night
>>
>>17785911
But the fact that we are aware of it shows that we still have hope.
>>
>>17785963
Nice ego based opinion complex you have there. Ever considered considering anything that didn't get served to you on a plate of highly filtered information?
>>
>>17786056
You just lack understanding
>>
>>17785921
>Fungi are God
Don't confuse the creation for the Creator.
>>
>>17785928
How was DMT? Is the "Machine Elves" meme bullshit, or actually real?
>>
>>17786555
It's bullshit. All the psychedelic memes are bullshit. It's nothing but DUDE WEED and teenagers being pretentious.
>>
>>17786541
>>17786056
>>17785975

>Fungi is literally a whole different species.
They're a kingdom.

>plant's
>get's
>monkeys
>brought the evolution running
>an big symbiosis
>an mushroom
>an monkey
>each others
>more different than a human to a plant
>
yeah this isn't native english
>>
>>17786539
DUDE FUNGI ARE GOD LMBO
>>
>>17785908
Except that psilocybin mushrooms have no nutritional value, even if they ate loads if them they would still die from malnutrition.
>>
>>17785921
This is entirely bullshit but one thing that is genuinely interesting about fungi is that they work symbiotically with plants in many situations. They create an underground network that links all the plants in an area together by their roots. If a flower gets uprooted or damaged it can send out signals to the other ones to close up for a while to avoid damage. With the right conditions and a few million more years it might possibly be capable of forming a sort of rudimentary neural network but that's quite a long shot and would almost certainly never achieve sentience.
>>
>>17786478
A lot of dogs actually love shrooms and will seek them out in the wild. Which is unfortunate because they sometimes get the poisonous ones but yeah just look up dogs on shrooms on YouTube it's quite funny.

Cats on the other hand enjoy deliriants like scopolamine more, they'll eat the shit out of some datura.
>>
I believe it's a high possibility. I definitely think it's had a significant impact on our evolution one way or another. Particular in terms of religion and spirituality, regardless if you believe in religious or spiritual explanations for it.
>>
One problem, humans evolved from monkey's common ancestor, not monkey's themselves.
>>
>>17787753
That pic made me minimize this thread.
>>
>>17785876
>So let's say humans did evolve like that.
So let's say you OP eating shit and that's the reason you posting shitty questions and concepts.
>>17785876
>Is it possible that if all Mushrooms and mind altering Drugs are legalised today, that we could develop an even higher stage of existence?
Your stupidity really shines here in this sentence.
Don't we have enough drug-junkies , crack-heads all over the Planet to prove that your: >>17785876
>I think this is an really interesting theory.
....interesting theory if full of shit because you OP are..fueled by shit.
Use your brain next time before you post
>>
no
beer and meat, though
>>
>>17787831
just so you are grasping my point OP
>>17787831
>Don't we have enough drug-junkies , crack-heads all over the Planet to prove that your
Watching all those junkies crawling on all fours in search for the next "mushroom" really indicates that those junkies did indeed:
>>17785876
>develop an even higher stage of existence?
Fuck you are so stupid OP
>>
>>17787831
>>17787859
Did you really expect a pepe thread to have any value?
>>
>>17787509
Don't dismiss intelligence because it isn't human. Just because they don't use currency or build things out of inanimate objects doesn't mean they aren't thinking with altruistic goals. What if their goal is to promote biodiversity?
>>
I think the only things psychedelic experiences lead to was the creation of religion which lead to organization. Religion has evolved but even Neanderthals buried their dead, suggesting some kind of ritualistic behavior.
>>
>>17785910
That's a bit chicken or egg for me. The theory goes it takes a long time to develope our cognitive abilities we need to function thus we require more care when we're young.

I like the theory that schizophrenia caused an ape to be self reflective or something along those lines. For some reason evolution has favoured schizophrenia.
>>
>>17787753
>DUDE SHROOMS LMAO
In 10 years when you're done with your little drug phase you'll look back on shit like this and cringe.
>>
>>17787873
If you want to define intelligence as this open-ended spectrum that could be any number of things then go ahead, but it make the idea entirely unquantifiable. Fact is we don't have any other sentient species to compare intelligences with which means the only baseline we can use as a definition is currently our own.

Promoting biodiversity also typically runs counter to a species well being and survival. If one of those species you promoted winds up preying on you you're pretty well fucked.
>>
>>17787896
Drugs have and always will be part of being human. Everyone does drugs whether they drink, pop pills or whatever. The whole human experience is a cocktail of chemicals. People like you are the biggest hypocrites and elitist shills whether you know it or not.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.