[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scientology
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: xenusismygod.jpg (106 KB, 532x380) Image search: [Google]
xenusismygod.jpg
106 KB, 532x380
Grettings Xenufags

Redpill me on Scientology and why it is bad.

General Scientology thread

I've become fascinated with Scientology and all the negative and positive (there are few) stories that come with this religion/cult. It seems that there is a schism in the Church between the original teachings of big daddy Hubbard and the current leader...... Was the Church legit when Ronny baby was the leader? Or was he just as bad as the current one?

school me xenufags
>>
>>17783168

Most prolific author of all time, mostly garbage pulp sci-fi (aka Grand Master of Bullshiting) makes his own religion using concepts from his own fiction.

Seems legit...
>>
>>17783179
>Most prolific author of all time

Hardly.
>>
>>17783168
the guy was a money grubbing con-man. and a fucking creepy one at that.
He's almost on par with that drug-addled Crowley
>>
>>17783182
I should have said most published

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/most-published-works-by-one-author
>>
>>17783168
"going clear scientology and the prison of belief" Watch this.

Hubbard was a sociopath, when he started his cadet ship, if you didn't follow orders your were to walk the plank and commit yourself to the deep.
>>
>>17783200
OP here

thanks man, may Xenu be with you
>>
Sad that Aaron Kyro is a scientologist
>>
Scientology was started as a joke similar to the Flying Spaghetti Monster but more elaborate.

The point of the joke was a statement about how there is nothing to be believed about a belief except to believe it. People were supposed to argue that there's nothing supporting the claims of Scientology. Then, the counter was supposed to be that the Bible and all other such religions have the same problem.

Except, the stupidity of human beings knows no bounds. People forgot the joke. Now, we have Scientology.
>>
I'm not a Scientologist, but I do know for an absolute fact that the Xenu story isn't supposed to be taken as literal fact in Scientology, it's part of what they call the ALICE RUNDOWN, which is where absurd thing are read to or by someone and they can't react to it.
The idea is to try to control your emotions to such a perfectionist degree that you don't have knee jerk reactions to anything.

The ALICE RUNDOWN was originally used by the CIA in their training and was developed on concepts by BF Skinner, and got it's name because potential agents were hooked up to a lie detector and sections of Alice and Wonderland to see if they could control their reactions.

The Wall of Fire, or the Xenu Story is a self-auditing version of this.

>Then why don't they just come out and say this?!
Because they don't use that same story anymore; it changes every few years. If people were aware of it, then it would lose it's effect and the test wouldn't be effective.

But the whole Scientology thing was developed by L Ron to make money, and he just copied psychiatry and para-psychology along with other cult concepts to make money and change the world in the way he thought it should be changed.
Did he use deception? Yes.
But is Sea Org really the worst possible thing ever? No. People can quit.
Is being yelled at the worse thing ever?
No.
Separation or disconnect policy?
Again, no.
People are acting like it's worse than the Catholic Church, which murdered millions and engaged in rape and money laundering.
>>
>>17784292
not true.
the amazing randi, which is a skeptic and claims investigator stated he knew l ron very well, and l ron knew exactly what he was doing when he created the cult.
asimov also knew him and stated the exact same thing.

there is no mistake, he created a money making cult on purpose and it was always on purpose.
>>
>>17783168
they are so fucking edgy
basically where they set up they really set up
like let's say you're in the building and then they are going to kill you so you call the cops and the cops hear the entire thing and they kill you and everything. the cops won't even go check it out
>>
Well Hubbard was into Ceremonial Magick through Jack Parsons. Crowley knew of him but disliked Hubbard and Parsons.
From what I understand scientology was created with an intent to help people but also to make money. Money making scam and religion aren't mutually exclusive.
There is a whole lot in the scn tech that actually works. For example the use of an e-meter. They do work and can be used to relieve yourself of past stresses.

I also like the idea of reincarnation which scientology is big on. They try to find out about the past by going into past lives on a massive scale.

Hubbards son "Nibs" said that scientology was created to feed energy to hubbard. I am not quite sure what that means but an acquaintance of mine once said that remote viewing scientology bases or channelling scientology celebrities can result in a black magick attack or some sort of backlash of scn energy.

The current leader has clearly lost control of his mental faculties. I like the idea of scientology and how it is organised but dislike what it has become.
I also think hubbard had good sources and also sometimes just made stuff up.
>>
>>17784315
You are correct, people just like bashing scientology for their outlandish beliefs and practises because they are just not used to that stuff as if the bible wasnt any more absurd.
>>
>>17783196
crowley might have been a creep but also a genius.
>>
File: 1445725719442.png (251 KB, 460x304) Image search: [Google]
1445725719442.png
251 KB, 460x304
What can you expect if you spend five years or something in Scientology, and then one day you're just like, 'yeah, I'm leaving now. That's enough scientology for me.'
>>
>>17786182
Nothing worse than what the Mormons will do to you.
>>
Any decent scientology torrents out there? Want to know more about the 'advanced level' stuff that the apparently do after OT or whatever
>>
Scientology, as an organization, is definitely corrupt, but as a set of practices it has a lot to offer the legitimate spiritual seeker. I recommend looking into the Free Zone (independent Scientology) if you're interested in learning more.
>>
File: 21965.jpg (22 KB, 266x261) Image search: [Google]
21965.jpg
22 KB, 266x261
>>17786228
Not a torrent, but this site has lots of info on the Co$

http://www.xenu.net/
>>
>>17783196
Dont forget he claimed to know crowley but crowley said he didnt even know ronnie was an oto member
>>
>>17783168
dead keen to see Louis Theraux's my scientology movie

theres a clip at this link;
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/my-scientology-movie-watch-the-first-clip-from-louis-therouxs-documentary-a6972596.html

why do they always seem like such calm, rational people when confronted is what i want to know..
>>
>>17788328
>why do they always seem like such calm, rational people when confronted is what i want to know..

Dude, they're brain-washed drones, flat affective is NOT a good thing mental health wise.
>>
>>17783168
>failed science fiction writer
>suddenly has realization of a "religion"
>called it Scientology
>people actually believe it

Honestly you have to be retarded to fall for that shit. It's as bad as Mormonism.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.