[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So looking into a lot of ayn rand, neitzche, satre, i can take
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: 1410223268599.png (247 KB, 382x382) Image search: [Google]
1410223268599.png
247 KB, 382x382
So looking into a lot of ayn rand, neitzche, satre, i can take back a lot of things regarding individuality, that THEY do not want you to be an individual, they want you to conform to their practice. Now they go into the characteristics of individuality within oneself to resist however one thing that is still a loose end is THEY. Who are the guardians and amplifiers of conformity, what creates them, what drives their predatory nature? The easy answer I've been given is human nature creates them, but I know there's more to it than that. Is it insecurity? Is it frustrations as opposed to acceptance? Is it gender based mentality over power?

And I bring this question to this board because we lack a philosophy board and politically incorrect didn't seem right for this from the perspective i wish. Your minds are the most vivid yet understanding.
>>
>So looking into a lot of ayn rand, neitzche, satre

Which lead you to using that image to start your thread how?
>>
File: obscura.jpg (15 KB, 215x221) Image search: [Google]
obscura.jpg
15 KB, 215x221
>>17782801

I couldn't say anything i have is really relevant although this might have fit more for the sake of my curiosity
>>
>>17782801
OP is an ugly chick

>>17782795
Ayn Rand was a tremendous cunt and hypocrite at the end
>>
>>17782795
If you can't even spell their names right, i doubt you understood anything
mfw "neitzche, satre"
>>
>>17782859

well I'm sorry rusoe, i'm sorry spellcheck only thought I was spelling food, why don't you go make some more discourses with carl marks
>>
hot in a weird way, looks like she'd be murdered in a horror film
>>
>>17782795
On an individual level it is a mater of control or power over others. Forcing your will onto others. This is generally the psychology behind a rapist, it's a matter of power and has little to do with sexual needs. The same goes for ruling elites, in general they are psychopaths and imposing their will and manipulating culture to their whims, which is forced on a populace is the ultimate form of power.

In corporate/governmental terms, it is in their best interest to reduce and remove individuality because that individuality is hard to market to, sell useless items to and ultimately manipulate. Individuality makes for difficult mass production. And since the majority of these corporate/governmental players are in fact ran by the personality sated formerly, they themselves become a self regulating entity. Propped up the the masses ignorance, manipulation and need to feel fulfilled.

Or we could go the whole Gnostic route and blame it all on the archons . . .
>>
Are we going to ignore Nietzsche saved a horse who was being beaten and threw his arms around it until they stopped? He contradicts.
>>
>>17783011

This makes a lot of it clear, I think I understand it better now, I was still thinking what creates the feel and need to have power over others, but part of me starts to see this was ill acceptance to forfeit power to another and to fight for it. Thankyou
>>
Man thinks wrongly and believes to be himself.
>>
>>17783011
Good stuff, but let's not confuse having a sense of self, values and dignity with what was marketed from the 60s onwards as "individualism", best represented in raging consumerism, narcissism and ubiquitous egotism.
>>
>>17783046
I mean, I could quote Metzinger, Ligotti, Brassier or some Eastern thinkers, but on a daily basis nobody operates on the assumption that he/she is just a vessel/cog in the machine/an evolutional mutation 'rewarded' with self-consciousness. Reflections are this are ultimately useless, imho. Hell, even Dawkins writes, in "The Selfish Gene", that scientific reductionism is not the be-all and end-all of anything.
>>
>>17783073
*reflections like these
>>
>>17783073
>>17783046

well now so is this saying that when one does something wrongly, or differently than his neighbor, he see's himself differently?
>>
>>17783099
It means than man is wrong ("thinks wrongly") by assuming that he is a unique individual possessing free will ("believes to be himself"), and not a fleshy robot in a pre-determined universe. At least I think that this is what he meant.
>>
>>17783105

I see, now this all comes down to a question of morals we pertain to, A set of morals in which one is a contribute towards a large system, or one based on ones feelings from their eyes, The first one raises the question as to what scale do we measure our machine on as far as what is the ultimate state, and what is negative, At this point I feel that individuality in itself is not a harm to this machine, as it is a truth that must be accepted that signifies the machine never truly being absolute, for mankind must abstain from the machine in order for natures variables to leave.
>>
>>17783030
No worries. I feel the majority of these cases can be boiled down to psychology, environment and genetics. What creates this sort of personality trait is either a predetermined wiring of the brain at birth, or being in an environment that encourages, reinforces and rewards this type of behavior.

>>17783067
>let's not confuse having a sense of self, values and dignity with what was marketed from the 60s onwards as "individualism
Agreed and I don't. But the individualism that became a rather large movement in the 60s+ was to my knowledge, a grass roots movement (unless you believe the laurel canyon conspiracy). It was only when the corporate machines started to feel the pressure of loss in profits that it deiced to try and counteract the movement. Through a good deal of market research, psychology and think tanks, they were able to keep the status quo and still make people feel they were individuals, buying individual products. If you can make someone identify with a product based on their subconscious desires and personality traits you are more likely to sell the product. This is why imo raging consumerism, (which is at an all time high) never really took at hit from the individualism movement.
>>
>>17783178
Have you seen "The Century of the Self", by any chance? If not, then I highly recommend it. It's a BBC documentary about the Freud family (namely Sigmund himself, his daughter and his nephew, Edward Bernays) and how they basically shaped modern propaganda machines, created what we now know as "PR" and "marketing". Wilhelm Reich also gets mentioned, as a counter-balance to Freud's theories of repression, although in the end his methods become staples in commercial focus groups. The director, Adam Curtis, should be given a fucking medal for his work. I also like "All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace", another great documentary by the man himself, this one about technology and capitalism.
>>
>>17783197
lol, yes i have seen "The Century of the Self" and I couldn't agree more with your sentiment. I will have to look for "All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace" and watch it too. Thanks for the recommendation.
>>
>>17783204
I would argue that it's far scarier than "The Century of the Self". While Freud and Reich both agreed that humans are free agents capable of reasoning, only simple and in need of stimuli and control/freedom/expression, people behind scientific reductionism and cybernetics view the world as a system of patterns and equations. I may be a hopeless romantic, but the very thought that someone up top considers humanity the macro-equivalent of ants is a bit terrifying.
>>
>>17783204
To add to that: pretty much anything that Curtis made after 1989 is worth a watch.
>>
>>17782795
You speak of the Jew, my friend, and you must know it... I'm pretty surprised you didn't say "pic related".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OwD7svkVFM

Anyone who says different is a Jew shill, and if you don't know they're everywhere then you really don't know much.
>>
>>17783219
ah ok got yea. Yes, I don't know how to feel about that way of thinking. I believe that the transhumanists rely heavily on this concept. The idea being, the human being is nothing more then mere data and accumulated experiences which can be reconstructed in an artificial neruo-net. Although I find this rather fascinating, I feel that there maybe something like a soul, or that our mind is outside of our brain, if you will. I do however argue that if we have souls, does it really care what type of body it is put in? As long as it can experience what it needs to I don't see the difference. The only problem is the transference of already living beings into an artificiality created environment and if this process will reduce ones individuality. Time will tell I suppose.
>>
>>17783257
How can the spirit of Julius Caesar "experience what it needs to" if it's trapped inside Chris Farley's body though? Just food for thought...

...also, let's ponder the mystery of that one line in the Georgia guide stones about limiting the souls on earth to around 50mill (I probably got the numbers wrong, but you guys know what I'm talking about).

What do "they" know about souls that we don't?
>>
>>17783270
http://vanshardware.com/2014/10/anonymous-message-claims-to-reveal-r-c-christian-identity-georgia-guidestones-doom-date/

I have a fucking Latin exam in 8 hours and haven't yet slept today, and I'm feeding my inner paranoiac as a sleeping aid. I'm not a smart perosn.
>>
>>17783270
>How can the spirit of Julius Caesar "experience what it needs to" if it's trapped inside Chris Farley's body though? Just food for thought...
Good point, and I understand what you are saying. However with the ability to create what ever body you require it becomes a moot point, and if the soul can transfer, it will likely guide your choices. I guess the concept comes down to the idea of reincarnation. If something like this is real and we aren't just biological data, the soul chooses its path and accordingly a body with which it requires for lifes outcomes.

I think you are misquoting the Georgia Guides stones, if i recall correctly it's limiting the population on the planet to 50 million (or something) so that, in theory, humanity can live in better harmony with nature and not mine the planet to death and ultimately ourselves.

There would really be no way to limit souls on earth, unless you buy into the whole ET soul stealing/sharing concept.
>>
>>17782795
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law
>>
>>17782795
>Who are the guardians and amplifiers of conformity
The Twelve
>What creates them
>The easy answer is human nature creates them
They are human nature, one and the same.
>>
>>17782795
who the fk is this sweet butterface
>>
>>17782795
Things to remember:
Ayn Rand committed suicide. Head in oven, extinguished pilot light.
Neitzche had a mental breakdown, was committed, and other people took to running around making money off of his works.
Sartre was addicted to amphetamines, chain-smoked, and eventually died of lung disease.

These are clever, clever people... but the ability to calculate compelling ideas does not necessarily lead to useful or realistic ideas. If you're smart enough, you can justify any number of miseries.
>>
>>17784940
They were lunatics.
>>
>>17784940
>Ayn Rand committed suicide. Head in oven, extinguished pilot light.
That was Sylvia Plath. Rand died a hypocrite in a state-funded nursery home.
>>
>>17782795
>Who are the guardians and amplifiers of conformity, what creates them, what drives their predatory nature?
It's a system called society. The basis of society is mutual cooperation. In order to cooperate successfully, the system requires shared values, shared experience and shared goals. Not everyone has to conform 100% for the system to work but the majority do.

Part of the desire to conform is built into human nature, like you said, for this reason. It is protection and support.

>I want to survive and you do too, so let's focus heavily on our shared characteristics and anyone else who is like us will have a place in our cooperative system.

As civilization "advances" and things become more complicated and more comfortable, there is more opportunity for individuals to diverge from this conformity, more choice. This poses a problem because without a shared vision for the present and future society, there is a wide margin for the community to fail. This is when the decision to conform becomes less personally motivated and more conditioned, manipulated and coerced by the majority or the leaders of the majority.

One thing that promotes conformity is the standardized educational system that conditions children to know all the same things and interpret them in the same way which allows for them to develop the same values and beliefs (religion was a huge propagator of shared values even before that, but continues today). To behave similarly or be labeled a "troublemaker" who, nowadays, is almost certainly put on drugs like ADHD meds or anti-depressants.

The addition of mass media completes this process and extends the societal teaching into adulthood. They tell us what to want, what to believe, what to fear, what to hate, what to love, what to value. This has always been used by corporations to shape mass consumption but it is now being used more than ever before as a tool to spread mandatory cultural and political propaganda.
>>
>>17783409

Nothing says "individualism" like the mindless quoting of another man's "revelation"!
>>
>>17785114

The typical misunderstanding - or deliberate misrepresentation! - of a Bern victim. Taking advantage of a system, even if you disagree with it, doesn't make you a hypocrite. The system is already there. You might as well get a piece of it too, should the need arise. ESTABLISHING a system after condemning it in theory would make you a hypocrite.
>>
>>17784940
>Neitzche had a mental breakdown, was committed

Nietzsche's insanity was a result of tertiary syphilis, not because his ideas drove him crazy. I get sick of seeing people implying that.
>>
>>17782795
you should learn to spell names first, anon...
>>
>>17782795
Tl:dr
My question is why do you have a girl in a diaper for your OP?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.