[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deja Vu?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: EOBW6072.jpg (457 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
EOBW6072.jpg
457 KB, 2048x2048
Hi anons, I am posting this on both /x/ and /adv/ because I guess it kind of falls under both. Has anyone ever experienced deja vu? I use this term because I'm guessing it's what I'm experiencing. When I was younger I used to freeze, like stand still right on the spot and get this feeling that I had been in that exact scenario before, same setting, same dialogue, same people, everything. This was always followed by a sickening feeling, like I was about to vomit. This went away for many, many years until I reached the age of 17/18 where I would again get the sense that I had lived out the same scenario multiple times before, but this time I would not feel like I was going to be sick, my head would spin to the point where I had to lay on the ground with my head down until I felt safe enough to get back up. In both situations, when I was younger and when I was 17/18, I would feel very panicked. I am 20 now and still get the occasional "I've been here before" but with little or no physical pain. Is this deja vu? And has anyone ever experienced something similar? I have tried explaining this to my Mum who doesn't really understand, and I tried explaining it to a friend once who could not care less, and since becoming an avid 4chan anon, I thought what better place to post this? Hope you have some thoughts.
>>
The real question you should ask is how long and how many times have we really been here?
>>
This happens to me at least once a month. I feel like something happened before, my head spins, I get sick and vomit.
>>
>>17781531
Really? Is there anything you find helpful?
>>
I've smoked weed on four occasions (all of which were horrible trips) and every time suffered this very intense deja vu wherein I feel like I'm physically plummeting through a series of reoccurring moments or that I'm trapped in a childhood dream as some sort of punishment. The sensation is absolutely terrifying and so convincing that I feel as if I can tell what's going to happen next.

A similar feeling would continue intermittently for weeks after I'd sobered up and would always be accompanied by a sense of anxiety. Similarly, when worried about something, it'd be more likely to occur.

It's been a year since I've smoked though I still get these spells of deja vu, albeit very infrequently.
>>
>>17781557
Kinda sounds like you were just high.
I don't do drugs, so have never had a spell induced by anything other than my surroundings.
>>
>>17781557
>>17781557

Cont.

I doubt that deja vu has a paranormal cause, despite the fact that to the sufferer, it feels undeniably so.

The prevailing theories are that it's caused by a failure in the mechanisms of the memory; so that sensory data that should be recorded as short term memory is actually recorded as long term memory giving the impression that the environment has been seen before.
The other theory claims that the sensation of deja vu is caused by a mild seizure in the brain, somewhat similar to epilepsy. (Some epileptics report being able to tell when they're about to suffer a seizure as they'll experience a bout of deja vu.)

Lastly, my own experience, the testimony of others with similar experiences (there are other forums with threads relating a feeling of deja vu after smoking) and that one bloke who suffered a feeling of perpetual deja vu after he dropped acid (there's an article in a British newspaper or maybe the BBC) prove it to be a physical rather than a spiritual phenomena.

Tldr; see your GP about it, m8
>>
>>17781547

No. The only thing I can do is to sit down and try not to vomit.
>>
I had bouts of Deja Vu all the time when I was a child & teenager. It's a weird feeling, sort of like the onset of a panic attack but only for a split second. I never felt physically ill after an episode. I don't get deja Vu as much nowadays, maybe twice a year.

I've felt more than once that these episodes are linked back to an identical scenario I had in a dream, obviously some kind of low-level ESP. The only problems are 1) I can't control it, and 2) it's never about anything consequential.
>>
>>17781464
What do you want to do? Do you want to cure it?
If you want to know more about it, you'd probably have to explain more about the context of when it first happened, and the context when it has happened subsequently.
>>
>>17781464
The experiences I have usual makes me extremely dizzy as in my head spinning.
>>
The reason you experience it, is because you have experienced the situation previously.
In your dreams.
But you do not ever remember your dreams. The reason why you see the future in your dreams is because when you are asleep you conscious is subdued and the information you then receive is that of the subconscious which is in the process of thoughforming out the future for you.
>>
This has happened to me many times since I was about 9(?)

My head spins, and I quickly look around to really see if I'm in a situation that I've seen before.

For example, I was hanging out with my group of friends, and then I got this sudden feeling of slight dizziness and say out loud "hey I remember this", then proceed to say exactly what my friend was going to say which freaked him out.

Other times have been just a vague recollection of what happened, sometimes before the event, during or even after ('after' having a familiar feeling, not just remembering)
>>
I often get Deja Vu when watching things like a TV show for example, like something significant happened and i would feel as if I've already watched the scene before. Same for somewhat important events, I never shared this with anyone but when my mother died recently I felt as if I had experienced it all before. It's very odd it's as if I have already lived this life.
>>
>>17782167
Yes I want to cure it. It's pretty fckn inconvenient.
>>
File: 1343705254306.jpg (255 KB, 1000x779) Image search: [Google]
1343705254306.jpg
255 KB, 1000x779
>>17781557

>weed
>trips
>>
>>17781464
Who hasn't?

It's always kinda freaky when you know what is gonna happen in the next 10 seconds.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.