[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need /x/ related film recs but not necessarily horror films.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: troll_by_frank_lode-d4a23be[1].jpg (140 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
troll_by_frank_lode-d4a23be[1].jpg
140 KB, 900x675
I need /x/ related film recs but not necessarily horror films. I mean films that aren't horror and aren't frightening in the traditional but instead unsettling or even creepy, so long as there are few actual scares but obviously with some kind of supernatural/paranormal element. Heavy focus on atmosphere, tone/setting and mystery, fear of the unknown kind of thing (there can still be spooky places/creatures just not used entirely as scare props).
>>
Bumping for shared interest
>>
>>17779791
>>17779807

Same her. We all need good movies like this.
>>
>>17779791

A Field in England
Antichrist
Beyond the Black Rainbow
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
Eraserhead
Let the Right One In
Lost Highway
Mulholland Drive
Nosferatu: Phantom Der Nacht
Silent Hill
>>
>>17779791
Tale of tales (2015)
>>
>>17779791
I enjoyed The Mothman Prophecies (2002) quite a bit.
>>
>>17779791
Antichrist
Dogtooth (Kynodontas)
>>
Honestly, Insidious was fairly accurate about astral projection.

The part about being stuck, I've never heard of before and doubt the realness of that, but otherwise it was fairly decent for a Hollywood movie.
>>
File: pan.jpg (8 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
pan.jpg
8 KB, 275x183
>>17779791
Pan's Labyrinth
>>
http://www.classreal.com/
>>
Thanks for the contributions so far guys, I'll also take videya and books with this kind of tone.
>>17779838
Love the Lynch films and Dr. Caligari already, exactly what I'm looking for, I'll check out the rest. Silent Hill is what I mean in terms of atmosphere and creatures but it's much to jumpy horror.
>>17779850
>>17779855
>>17779859
I'll check these out, thanks boys
>>17779960
Was always put off since it looked like a generic hollywood jumpfest but I'll check it out ty anon
>>17780036
Seen it, loved it, once again good example
>>17780057
what's this
>>
Sauna
Ruso Fin movie
>>
>>17779791
the road was really depressing and dark. gave me a horror vie but wasnt a technical horror movie
>>
lake mungo was pretty unsettling and a overall decent movie. its in a documentary type format
>>
>>17779791
-Begotten
The creepiest and spookiest shit in the history of film making. Btw it's too long and boring af (according to me) but it was pretty scaring for me for a few mins... worth to watch though if you like wtf things.

-Dog Star Man
-Meshes of the Afternoon (my actual fave)
-Eraserhead
-The Machinist
-Jacob's Ladder
>>
>>17779791
The Witch
Macbeth (2015, there were some interesting things going on with the witches, though I wish they featured a bit more prominently)
Birth
>>
Jacob's Ladder
The Task
>>
>>17781259
some site i found when searching for mindfuck movies. lots of unusual picks.

i'd personally recommend suicide club and the original pulse (not the american remake).
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.