[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I once met a tree spirit. When I was seven my father - who was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: f.jpg (431 KB, 1300x866) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
431 KB, 1300x866
I once met a tree spirit. When I was seven my father - who was in the air force - was stationed Germany. Our family often went to the black forest to hike. One day I got separated from my family. I wandered though the woods, trying to find my way back to the trail. I leaned on a tree to rest, and that's when I saw her. She was inhuman, yet beautiful. She had skin like wood, the color of fir bark. Her hair was a coating of green moss. She had huge yellow eyes with tiny black irises. She seemed to be formed of a collection of roots shaped like a person. She took my hand land led me back to the trail. As she walked off back into the forest, she turned and put a finger to where her lips would have been, as if shushing me. I've never spoken about it to anyone. There is still magic in the world.
>>
>>17778045
>be me
>go to the black forest
>slap a bunch of paint on and fuck with people
>tfw everyone thinks I'm some sort of spirit
>>
>>17778045
what a nice spirit; your a lucky that you didn't meet the Holländermichel, an evil spirit
>>
>>17778045
Is that all there is to the story?Never went back there and tried to meet another one?Or fuck one of them?
>>
>>17778045
When did you live in Rammstein? I was there for about two years right around the 1st Gulf War. 1990-91 I believe. Are you sure it was the Black Forest, and not just some pine forest in Germany? The Black Forest would be a good hour or two away from you.
>>
>>17778045
That was supposed to be a lifelong promise of silence.

You shouldn't have told us.

The trees remember.
>>
>>17778045
The fae are very rarely so charming.

Well, actually, theyre charming as fuck, right up until you get fucked to death or have your face eaten off.

Maybe she thought mindraping children was poor sportsmanship.
>>
>>17780060
Spirits just show us whats already in our own minds. I wonder why you project so much fear towards beings who have embraced life.
>>
>>17780079
I grew up in poland.

Forest spirits (our equivalent of the fae) are rareley spoken of in our lore as very hospitable.

Most of it concerns luring men to thier deaths, offering "gifts" that are really curses, face stealing, stuff like that.

So I come to america where your hipies in the 60's made some cheap plastic mockery of the old stories so they could excuse thier drug addictions and nude forest larks as "worships."

The fae became all cute and lovabale and gullible morons started pretending faries like tinker bell werent famous for stealing babies and replacing them with a changling only a few decades prior.

In short, your new age ideas of things is just some guy trying to sell feelgood bullshit somewhere. Most fae in most of the stories I used to be told were bone chilling.

There are a few benovolent ones, but old world mythology used to be blood soaked and horrifying before you americans decided to turn them into childrens cartoons for some reason.

The being OP describes resembles one who likes to seduce hunters, then strangle them at orgasm. On occaision they wont be in the mood so they will bless his weapon to say, never miss or never break. They are said to be protective of children, but envious of mothers as they themselves cannot have children.

So a kid will be left alone, or guided out of the woods, but a pregnant mother might be induced to miscarry, or be lured deeper into the woods to die of starvation and the elements.

Im not projecting anything, im relaying the mythology my granparents passed to me.
>>
>>17780112
>were bone chilling
Those are still around.
>>
>>17780767
They are, not saying that such stories lost. Just saying that I keep running into these new age types who seen to think fairy tales are about disney charecters, or these wise and noble beings concerned only with our well being and more or less enslaved to our perceptions and awaiting us to exercise our will to command them to serve us.

Not. Even. Close.

People forgut the untold millinia when the light died with the setting sun and there were volumes written and even more only spoken for every sound in the trees that happened after dark.

Stories of bloodshed, rape, mindcontrol, enslavement, torture, and death at the hands of beings with terrifyingly singular natures and cruel reptilian wit who hurt us in unspeakable ways for no other reason than "because they could."

People forget that predators of the soul used to lurk in the darkness just beyond the light of the fire, and nowdays prefer to buy in to feel good magic crystal peddlers and thier renditions of things to excuse responsibilities from thier actions and pretend like all these electric lights and computers banished such "ignorant" scary tales along with the dark.

They prattle on about how things are only bad if you allow them to be, and preach some stupid consumerist version of peace and love like evil is only a concept of the mind.

It must be easy for people who have never known hardship to make such claims. But when I take them into the firest and see thier eyes darting nervously towards every rustle in the trees I know, I know that no matter how loud they protest, they know the truth of things. They may never admit it, but they know that there are things lurking in the dark behind the trees.
>>
>>17778045
sounds like a Dryad, a type of nymph from greek mythology. Neat.
>>
>>17779733
>join /x/, travel to new dimensions, meet exotic beings, and try to fuck them.
Never change lol
>>
>>17780112
>before you americans decided to turn them into childrens cartoons for some reason.
Woah there, don't go blaming an entire national population for what Wack Dickney started. Not everyone in a single country unanimously agree and like the same things. I for one hate the butchering and watering down of classic tales.
>>
File: 1380625124221.jpg (29 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1380625124221.jpg
29 KB, 500x333
>>17778045
Cool story bro
>>
>>17781101
10/ of fucking 10
>>
File: 1406247299451.jpg (31 KB, 500x498) Image search: [Google]
1406247299451.jpg
31 KB, 500x498
>>17780112
I'm Polish and still living here. I have never heard shit like that being taken seriously... There are some old stories about spirits, which lure you to bodies of water, so that they can drown you, things like that, but everyone recognizes them as old stories invented to scare children.

I've spent lots of my time when I was younger among the trees mushroom hunting alone or with my parents, fishing and I'm telling you - the scariest thing you can find out in the wild is another human being. That, and fucking wasp swarms living in the ground - I got my ass stung by a fuckton of them.
>>
>>17780042

Sembach, not Rammstein. Yes, we drove all over Germany.
>>
>>17781131
/x/ is basically Super Adventure Club on acid, huh? Not really surprising.
>>
>>17781188

Never said they were real, was just saying that the new idea of faries is cute and cuddly, the old stories were much more violent than the ones told nowdays.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.