[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do your nightmares consist of, /x/? For me it's things
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
What do your nightmares consist of, /x/?

For me it's things that are oddly out of place, distortions of reality, things/creatures that move erratically and unnaturally, and fucked up, disjointed situations I can't get out of.
>>
>>17775538
It can be anything. Two nights ago I was labotamized in my dream, that was new one for me.

It was quite strange
>>
>>17775637
Could anyone well read in psychoanalysis tell me what this means?
>>
>>17775538
I stopped having nightmares around the age of 12-15. Before that they consisted primarily of E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, ghosts and tsunamis.
>>
>>17775642
That you are an underage faggot.
>>
I live in Venezuela, so most of my nightmares are about riots, me or my family getting robbed by a malandro, getting kidnapped, being tortured at the dungeons of El Helicoide (military prison/inteligence central); being haunted by La Sayona or making line during 5 hours and not getting any food.
>>
I live in Venezuela, so most of my nightmares are about riots, me or my family getting robbed by a malandro, getting kidnapped, being tortured at the dungeons of El Helicoide (military prison/inteligence central); being haunted by La Sayona or making line during 5 hours and not getting any food.
>>
>>17775642

The thing is psychoanalysis' dream interpretation requires further associations from the dreamer about each element in the dream so as to create an interpretation. Sorry, bro.
>>
>>17775658

underrated post
>>
I dreamed recently of a family friend murdering my parents with an axe. That disturbed me but not near as shitty as the dreams of my ex-gf I have been having lately. She's always there and we have great times together as if we were still dating. If she has to be in my dreams I at least wish they were dreams of the terrible times we had and not the fun ones. My brain is trying to tell me I shouldn't have broken up with her, but I know that isn't true.

Fuck dreams.
>>
bits and pieces of clashing objects and people, not so much like a vision but like the quick flash of imagery when you hear a word.

[spoiler] idk i smoke too much weed to dream [/spoiler]
>>
I never really have nightmares but it's super common in dreams that I have an incredibly simplistic goal, like making myself breakfast or something, only for every single possible thing to go wrong. Ranging from not being able to find eggs to make an omelette to a truck crashing through the wall. And all this time I'm just hungry
>>
Sometimes stuff having to do with insects/animals really gets to me. On friday I had a vivid dream where I brought a stray cat "home" and it had left a bunch of fleas on a fountain (never dealt with those in my life) they then multiplied into bigger insects, different species of them who were all in pairs and were fucking very slowly and rhythmically- creepy af. Giant flies, butterflies, grasshoppers, ants, spiders, and a few small rodents etc that all sprout from just a bunch of tiny fleas and they just kept fucking.

My subconscious was fucked that night.
>>
I'm living the nightmare, at least in my dreams I get laid.
>>
>>17775538
Dreams and nightmares go here. >>17725606
>>
>>17775538
My last nightmare was brief but disturbing.

I was staring up at my 5 year son-like I was laying in bed and he was looking down at me. His head and eyes were enlarged (didnt see his body but I knew it was normal size.) He was smiling happily but it was all wrong. Like the smiles from that Soundgarden video. It reminded me alot of my mushroom tripping days and the way they would distort perception and activate that alice in wonderland effect. His oversized eyes were simultaneously staring at me and vibrating wildy at intervals. Back and forth like some sort of insanely fast hyper seizure and then freeze on me again. And that was it. The dream was insanley vivid. My perception was a slow zoom and rotate from my lying position so I really got a sense of the form if his head. Elapsed time in the dream was mabee 5 seconds. It was hard to see someone I love as "wrong" as he was.
>>
>>17775538
my "nightmares" consist of Tom Brady and Young Thug either trying to get gay with me or trying to kill me, and they end with me making him cry or beating his ass

the nigger is the antichrist btw
>>
>>17775637
hey bro
you're being targeted as well
Donald Trump is actually one of Young Thug's many puppets (he's a tentacle monster with multiple bodies)
>>17776565
He's the antichrist, and he's also Hillary Clinton as well - he's trying to rig the election so that he's both candidates, which is why Bernie Sanders isn't getting a fair shot
>>
I live in Vuvuzela, so most of my nightmares are aBBBBVVVVVBVVBVBBVVBBBBVBVBVBVBVBBBBBVBVBVVBVBVBVVBBVBVBVVBBVBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBVVVVVVVVBBBBBBBBBBBBVBVBVBVBBVBVBVBVBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVBBBBBBBBBBVBVBVBVBVBVVBVBVBVBVBVBBVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
>>
File: what the hell does that mean.png (64 KB, 184x190) Image search: [Google]
what the hell does that mean.png
64 KB, 184x190
>>17775538
All I can remember from my last nightmare was somebody saying:
"He has a weird little body but a big penis"
and then I replied:
"Thank you sir"

What could it mean?
>>
>>17775538
my nightmares usualy consist of slow movments and pressure from other people onto point of the body that feel vulnarable like somone with long nails pushing the soft ends of their fingers down n the blood vessels on your wrist or that inner arm thing at the elbow part or applying pressure to one of the arteries in the neck in the back of the legs opposite of the knees inbetween the legs generaly anything vulnarable. so basicly you could say they mainly consist of the fear of being vulnarable.
>>
>>17775538
I keep having dreams about being behind on work or missing deadlines.
>>
Wouldn't know. Haven't had a nightmare since I was eight. Back then it was skeletons and shit.

Hell, I haven't even had a dream in god knows how long.
>>
real life people or people that i never met before turn into pure evil

one time i was dreaming that my room is full of like 1000 different bugs and incests. it was pretty fucking scary.
i had cocoons of spiders on my walls most of the things there were unnaturally big or unworldly
>>
>>17775827

>I dreamed recently of a family friend murdering my parents with an axe.

That means YOU want to murder them with an axe.
>>
Haven't got a nightmare in a really long time, but they were about a store im my city called Open space, also about terrorists killing my parents and me going rambo like a retard and then dying :/ I really want to have a nightmare again
>>
>>17779802
>Incests
>>
>>17775538
I only dream in very dark, black and white worlds. Like an old film with not enough exposure. I often have nightmares consisting of locations such as in the woods alone, in empty corridors, underground bunkers etc. Im always by myself apart from the shadows that take on part human form, with limbs and ever growing torsos. I often am running or paniced and I only ever dream of being my boy self while having thesr nughtmares (male to female trans, only ever dream of girl me normally) I also get a sense that my family have left me or are gone. I also have the constant mental image of a ball/boulder balancing atop a meedle thin mountain. Resetting ever time it starts to fall off. Any person I do meet will be facing away from me. And I grab their arm, from low down as if im a child, and the always turn around to reveal dark tv static where their face should be. Then then collapse into the floor like the shadow people. I will sometimes find my way around long enough to find my parents. Only for then to also have tv static faces. They scream agonising screams when they turn around and I then see the ball fall off the mountain and I never remember what happens after that as if the dream ends but I hardly awaken then. I have a melatonin deficiancy and I often only really dream in ps1esk low poly, colourless worlds. They are never very good. If you have seen ir played LSD dream emulator. That is the kind of shit I will normally dream. Basic, mostly featurless world where I will often walk alone until I imagine a new location or I wake up. I also dream a lot of ghost towns, stretching on for what seems like forever. Or purched atop pillars in a dark abyse below. When I do meet people in my normal dreams. They do not speak and I do not recognise them and I very rarely interact with them. But sometimes they will point in the direction that I eventually take.
>>
>>17778818
FUCK
>>
>>17775827
I feel ya.
Any time I have a nightmare, it's about my ex and it's always happy. Had ranged from everything from me and her in a zombie apocalypse and being okay together to chilling on a cruise. Wake up in tears at the end of each one. Goddamn brain.
>>
>>17775538

Just emotional gut-punches, basically. Nightmares with traditional spoopy stuff have become sort of the norm after so many horror movies, books and games, and while I do occasionally dream of some demented Silent Hill shit, most of my nightmares involve the death or suffering of a loved one, usually my girlfriend, an eternal loop of a horrible moment of my life or sometimes just a day in a hypothetical shitty life I could be living.

I do have some issues with perspective because of my fixation with media, though. My dreams can be erratic, changing from first to third person without warning, and sometimes being framed as a movie or game that the 'real' me is playing or watching. I had an 'inception' dream once, where I dreamed that I was dreaming. I guess that's pretty weird.

There's nothing paranormal about it, though, dreams are just the flushing toilet of the mind.

The weird thing is, I don't remember the last time I had a 'good' dream. Hmm.
>>
File: p (3).jpg (60 KB, 530x382) Image search: [Google]
p (3).jpg
60 KB, 530x382
Nightmares huh?
I never really had nightmares, not because weird shit didn't show up, but because i always enjoyed it. I mean, what is not to like on hunting monsters, running away from aliens, commanding various supernatural abilities and just trying to survive in the wasteland?
Man, fuck normal dreams, nightmares are where its at.
>>
it's always a dark shadow or a black mass. it will appear out of the corner of my eye. my heart will begin to race so i try to never look directly at it. whenever it appears, i usually just run away which changes the scenery of my dream.

i once found the courage to glance at it, i will never do that again. i felt a fear i've never experienced like impending doom. my heart sank into my feet.

i always get the feeling that i'll actually die if i stay or confront the shadow.
>>
File: dick felt it.gif (973 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
dick felt it.gif
973 KB, 400x300
>>17781091
I encountered something similar twice. I die quite often in my dreams, like being eaten by zombies or stuff like that, but this thing was something different. It was just... an entity. A being hiding in the corner of my mind.

First time i encountered it, i was suprised as hell, because it actualy had power to push me away, in my own dream. I somehow came to terms with that one later.
Second time, probably a different being came to my dream. I felt like it wanted to drown me, kill me. My consciousness started fading deeper and deeper into nothingness. So i took all my remaining willpower and lashed out back at the motherfucker. Never met it since.

No idea if it was all in my mind or if it was something different, like astral attack or some crap, but i sure never felt anything similar before.
>>
>>17775538
>l for some reason l can never see womans faces in dreams
>its as if theres a shadow over their face or a void where their entire head should be
>children always wear masks in my dreams
>usually weird looking animal masks
>a lot of the time they're birds like owls, vultures etc
>dreams have these things in them for months
>kids just standing around in groups with masks on
>never thought much of this
>most dreams are pretty standard is just me wandering around weird places talking to people, standard weird dream shit but these kids and women are always in the background
>one night l have a dream
>just wandering around some big wooden cabin
>decide to talk to one of the faceless women
>woman with no face grows bigger, twisting as she does, arms stretch and turn black, fingers twist into claws
>rooms go dark
>hallways stretch and distort
>nope
>l fuckin run
>eventually find myself in a room full of the kids with masks on
>positioned in rows like a church choir or some shit
>take off their masks
>just a deep black hole where their face should be
>crows fly out of the black holes in the kids faces
>fclaw at me
>l wake up

l don't have nightmares often but when l do they're p crazy, haven't seen the faceless woman since the sleep paralysis hallucination she was in a few weeks after this dream and haven't really thought about it much until writing this.
>>
File: 1454395757021.gif (3 MB, 600x410) Image search: [Google]
1454395757021.gif
3 MB, 600x410
Mostly weird imagery, like shadow people or strange creatures. Moving around is kind of restricted, like swimming. It usually happens in a place I'm familiar with.

OBE, maybe?
>>
Had this weird one where I was sitting in class and everything was normal, but then when I reach down into my bag to grab my notebook I pull out this double barrel shotgun, and then I start to freak out, but for some reason no one pays any atention to me so I just put the shotgun in the corner of the class and act like I haven't seen it. And then to calm my nerves I start to line op a line of coke then in the middle of doing that I realise what I am doing and I start to freak out again.
>>
I had this dream a while back. I know some of it may be pointless because of events and people, but use your imaginations. It might have spelling or grammar errors. This is how I wrote it when I woke up, correcting grammar and things like that might ruin it. Reading it now, I don't even remember most of it, and I don't remember writing it, so I must have been sill like half asleep when I wrote this. I did delete one or two words because of anonymity. It will take a couple of posts. I thought this is one worth sharing. Should I post the rest? it gets a little more interesting.

9/1/2014
I’m starting to forget the dream, so I want to get it down as soon as possible. I remember coming home coming home with my grandparent’s on my father’s side, not the actual car ride, but being in the driveway with them in the car. It wasn’t my current residence however, but my “childhood” house. Apparently, my whole family was over: my mother, my father, my brother, my uncle, my aunt and cousins on my mother’s side. Only currently living family members. It is some kind of big meeting or gathering. My grandparents go in, but I am waiting in the car. I am not amused, and I am angry at them. I am sitting in the car by myself, picking up Yu-Gi-Oh cards. My brother comes up to me, encouraging me to come in, I say, “Fuck all of you.” I then proceed to point at the house and go, “Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you. Etc.” Apparently, I went in at some point, but I go into our (my brother’s and mine) bedroom. I am overly panicked, and I am looking for a place to smoke, so I jump in the closet, but right when I close the door, I can hear my father and brother calling for me, so I reluctantly hide my cigarette, and kind of crawl out from under the door of the propped, open, closet door.
>>
I don't really have nightmares anymore. I do have dreams where I'm running from shooter(s)/serial killer(s) though. Usually it'll be in the evening time and I'll be running or driving through this woody road near my house, except in my dream the woods are A LOT bigger. Most of the time I get away but I wake up before I'm about to get killed.

When I was little and had nightmares they'd come up to me and either spin me around or sadistically tickle me.
>>
>>17775538
It's usually stress or anxiety things like getting lost and not knowing the way back home.
>>
>>17780731
You seem to understand then. I'm sorry bro.

Good news is my past couple days she hasn't been in my dreams :)
>>
>Very perverse shit like 9 Slavic men having gay, mud and scat themed sex in a baseball dugout
>I'm a helpless child again and really wrong shit is happening like my grandpa is sodomizing me with an orange, my mom comes home mid sodomy, just chuckles and walks away letting it continue
>Things that are so supremely disgusting and vile in the dream I can't even recall it directly after waking. That feeling of sickening disgust in general.
>Encountering Lovecraft tier creatures whose forms are so alien I wake up immediately from the shock and horror of even seeing it for a split second
>Lots of Canzo Empyrean style nightmares. It's so invasive and frequent I started to think that the director was doing some voodoo tier shit to fuck with my nightmares
>Leatherface. Saw 1974 TCM when I was 9; I've been having nightmares on and off about him since, and I'm 25. Sometimes with the brother from the original, sometimes with the brother from the sequel, only constant is it's always Leatherface. Nightmare usually ends at that eerie sunrise setting, same way the original ends
>Those ones where you're being stalked by something and your motor functions go to shit, can't run away
>Those ones where no matter who or what the antagonist is, no physical violence seems to harm or phase it
>>
I used to have these reoccuring dreams as a child that i saw a woman with an umbrella walking through static, but she was also made up of static weird shit
>>
>>17775538
the last nightmare i can remember having was as a kid. i was on a grass plain laying down. i saw it from my perspective. i hear the wind blowing and what sounds like waves as clouds drift by. i roll over and see that i am on a cliff and fall off and watch as the rocks down below that the waves are crashing against rush up to me

i have heard its a common type dream to have
>>
>>17780809

Sounds like you've never had a proper nightmare. We're not talking surviving a post apocalyptic world. We're talking disturbingly perverse shit that really fucks with you. I've taken a new medication and page a 3 or 4 day rash of awful nightmares that really fucked me up to the point where I was considering discontinuing use of a drug I needed, because the nightmares were so bad.
>>
my worst nightmere was about willy wanka chocolate factory that shook my soul...
>>
>>17783684
Dude you're pretty fucked up.
>>
File: Walter.jpg (2 MB, 2832x2864) Image search: [Google]
Walter.jpg
2 MB, 2832x2864
It's not exactly a nightmare but I have a recurring dream that a friend I haven't seen in years keeps finding me out in public and showing me photographic evidence of /x/ and /tg/ shit. I have no idea how to respond and it usually ends just as abruptly as it started.
>>
>>17775538
Knowing that something horrible is near, that it wants to destroy my body or soul, knowing that I am utterly helpless against it, and then never seeing it.
>>
>>17775538
Not being able to properly control my body, not being able to speak loud enough for people to hear me and driving a car. I hate driving, my car nightmares always consist of me not being able to brake quickly enough, or the brake pedal being too stiff.
>>
>>17779489
Dude I know what you mean. That shit is what messes with me the most. Sometimes I wake up believing it. Such a relief when I realize it was not real.
>>
>>17779489
I've had similar dreams where I'm an actor in a play, and I'm being told to go out and play a part even though I haven't even been given a script or had any rehearsals, and I have no idea what to do or say. The dreams always end before I ever actually go on stage.
>>
weird mishmash of locales that I grew up in/never will be able to go to again - like literal sort of amalgamation of them with geometry that tends to not make sense (never seems off though) all while stressing over unrelated shit like not handing in an assignment on time or being late for work

I graduated college 2 years ago and am unemployed, go figure
>>
>>17775538
I have a lot of bad dreams where I try to shout but can't make any noise, or I try to fight someone and my attacks have no force behind them. I've also had quite a few dreams where my teeth fall out. Apparently these all mean I have confidence issues or something.

>>17784078
>not being able to brake quickly enough, or the brake pedal being too stiff
I've had the exact same things happen in dreams. No matter how hard I press on the pedal, the brakes simply don't work, and I keep moving at dangerously high speeds with no control.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.