[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so how exactly do we know that the bible wasn't written
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 497x602) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 497x602
so how exactly do we know that the bible wasn't written by a very clever and manipulative demon trying to deceive mankind and make them not look any further?

how can you trust anything these days?
>>
>>17774839
The Bible was written by manipulative people. I guess you could say they were demons
>>
>>17774839
There's definitely nothing to it.
>>
>>17774839
we cannot. hence the 'faith' part of it all.
>>
>>17774851
kek
>>
>>17774875
so youre okay with possibly having faith into a demons story?
>>
We know the good book is good cause the good book says so.
>>
>>17774883
Yeah sure. I'm actually looking forward to your big gay demon theory where I get raped in the hole in my butt for eternity. Any more questions kid?
>>
I thought it was just a story someone wrote some long ass time ago, probably thinking it would be one of the greatest fantasy stories ever written. Guess some people took it seriously.
>>
Yhwh/God/Allah was considered a lesser-demon by the pagan Arabic tribes
>>
>>17774839

Yea, his name was God.

>>17774872

Yea, the most popular religion in the world has no good information.

Protip: don't knock Christian dogma until you've read The New Testament, The Old Testament is VERY different.
>>
>>17774956

Those three names are all different beings.
>>
>>17774962
What are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>17774970
im a girl.
>>
>>17774851
aka THE JEWS
>>
>>17774839
But, we know it was written by manipulative demons. They're called J*ws.
>>
>>17774956
allah is baphomet
>>
File: adolf_hitler_mein_book_14a.jpg (156 KB, 930x1315) Image search: [Google]
adolf_hitler_mein_book_14a.jpg
156 KB, 930x1315
>>17775003
>>17774992

Here's the book God actually sanctioned.

;^}
>>
>>17774839
It depends on the translation and edition.

The words of prophets are too memorable to be tampered with, but stories about ancient history are often corrupted, especially if the accounts relate to daemons at all.

>>17774956
>>17775030
Are both users who are misinformed about archaeology.
>>
>>17775049
allah is baphomet
>>
>>17775088
Nope, allah instructed mohammed to destroy the idols of baphomet, according to the quran.

You are confused about the nomenclature of pre-monotheistic deities in south and west Asia.

Unless you want to cite a source, your argument is null and void.
>>
>>17774957
>Yea, the most popular religion in the world has no good information.

Yes, that's right.
>>
>>17774839
How did an illiterate merchant write something as beautifully poetic as the quran?
>>
>>17775152
Fucking goats and children can be quite enlightening.
>>
>>17775152
In those days, merchant was one of the jobs for which workers absolutely had to be literate- so they could send or take orders by post.
>>
File: 1463359126034.jpg (102 KB, 600x885) Image search: [Google]
1463359126034.jpg
102 KB, 600x885
>>17774839
Men created the bible, closes thing to a demon, I suppose.
>>
I think it was corrupted wisdom tales/parables that certain wise people wanted to be remembered for posterity, but which subsequently got interpreted literally.

Along with a splattering of meaningless genealogies and violent events and wars that actually happened all thrown in to jack off their narcissistic egos and be remembered for all time as the awesome guys who did this and that, having nothing whatsoever to do with true religion, possibly. But idk I'm just a random guy on an imageboard, don't ask me.
>>
>>17774839
>so how exactly do we know x
We don't, we just make the most informed guess with the info at hand. Also the bible was transcribed dozens of times from language to language across several hundred years before it arrived at the version we know now -- there's really no telling what the original story was or who wrote it.
>>
How do you know you're not living in a simulation? How do you know you're really you and not a copy of the real you given the original's memories? How do you know you're not being filmed for a popular TV show?

If you're some God-hating edgelord who wants to stick it to the Bible, look into Luciferianism or Gnosticism.
>>
>>17775140
Blue Pill
>>
>>17774839
It's your choice how you interpret the text. Language is beautiful like that. The bible does a good job of making that relatively easy.
>>
>>17774839

Replace the word "demon" with the word "men" and it all makes sense.
>>
>>17774839
>how exactly do we know that the bible wasn't written by a very clever and manipulative demon
how do we know it wasnt written by a manipulative human beings ?
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 640x484) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 640x484
>>17774957
Pro tip: Paul was an opportunist who destroyed the legacy of the real Jesus
>>
>>17774839
>so how exactly do we know that the bible wasn't written by a very clever and manipulative demon trying to deceive mankind and make them not look any further?

Because it's not very clever. At all.
>>
Fuck me...

When will /x/ learn?
>>
>>17777512
Learn what? What do you know?
Why is this board just a constant cycle of people with their heads up their asses going "ohh, you simple plebeians, if only you did your research like I did and knew THE TRUTH. Here check out this infographic I ripped from some schizophrenic'a website."

Fuck off, you don't know shit about shit.
>>
>>17775152
Demon helped him.
>>
I think if the Bible had been written by supernatural beings there'd probably be less internal contradictions and scientific absurdities.
>>
>>17774839
Straying away from non-humans creating the bible
The bible has such a huge effect on the world, but what if it was intended that way? Think about it, what if some cunt thought up the idea as a way to get a bunch of people to follow his orders? He could get away with the whole thing because people would think God was giving these commands. Think about it, all the stuff that's considered sinning, what punishments certain people should receive, all the stuff we're supposed to do, what if it was all just a big scam someone thought up in an attempt to put theirselves at the top of the totem pole?
>>
>>17774839

exactly.

in the end they'll look the same, and you can't tell which is which

mark of the beast and the seal of god is one and the same
>>
>>17778666
>666

so what are we supposed to do? chill?
>>
>>17774851
/thread

It was written, or at least compiled, by conclaves of very manipulative and power-hungry people back in the day
>>
>>17774839
Demons can't tell the story of the earth from conception to eternity; only God can, and only God did. About 30% of the bible is prophecy, and all biblical prophecy is 100% true.
>>
>>17778554
There are none. Zero. Zilch. Zip. Nada.

Which is another reason to know it's from God, its 66 books written by about 40 men over 1500 years, and all telling the exact same story without contradiction or error. And everything it touches on is 100% true.
>>
>>17779044

oh holy shit i didn't realize that fuck i'm satan
>>
Allah/Yahweh/God, was a sub-sub-logo. Imagine if you will a hierarchy, the god the holy book refers to was a planetary god which fell from grace from its own love for us, 'his' creation.

Old tribes have depicts him as evil because of how far he has fallen and the actions he had committed. The entity is slowly returning to its former state as it incarnates as a human.
>>
It's a sustainability manual.
Follow the laws and stuff goes smoothly.
Christianity kinda sucks cause it lacks the community that Jews have.
Thank the Catholics for that one.
>>
Whenever goddess shows the world five new commandments and six apostles then maybe the world will believe in HER
>>
>>17774839
Seems pretty likely, actually (if it wasn't just bullshit humans made up). Think about it, the abrahamic god is a jealous, egotistical, tyrannical, bloodthirsty monster that demands everyone serve him as obedient slaves, or face torture that never ends. He demanded animal sacrifices all throughout the OT. He killed a bunch of children for a supposed crime that they had nothing to do with or any say in (10th plague). To avoid that death, you had to ritualistically kill a lamb and smear it's blood on the doorway.
He calls for the death penalty for things like wearing clothes made of different fabrics, or planting more than one type of crop in the same field. He supposedly created us, and then tells us that a natural and NECESSARY biological function (sex) is wrong and sinful. While telling people to "be fruitful and multiply".

And then we get to the "good news". I can't imagine what sort of benevolent god would consider the torture and and execution of an innocent man to be "good news". They go on about it as if it was necessary, as if it was something out of this supposed god's control, when that god was the one who demanded the blood sacrifice in the first place.

Not to mention that you're automatically "blasphemous" if you so much as question or doubt his words.

I used to study the bible with the intent of becoming a preacher. After reading it all, without the cherry picking, he seems more like one of H.P. Lovecraft's monstrosities than a "just and loving" god.
>>
TIL that the bible actually says when you die you don't go to heaven, or hell.you just take a dirt nap...until the second coming. All these years I was taught you zip right up there in the clouds
>>
>>17775152
>How did an illiterate merchant write something as beautifully poetic as the quran?
If he wrote a book, with words and language, then he is by default, literate. as for "beautifully poetic", that's a subjective statement. Some people consider the quran to be disgusting bullshit written by a sand-nigger pedophile.
>>
>>17780100
wasn't everyone back then a pedo? Marriage was common at age 14 just about all the way up to the turn of the century
>>
>>17780113
>Marriage was common at age 14
And muhammad married a 6 year old girl, had sex with her at 9. That's still pedophilia, even by standards of those days. The reason for early marriage was to have kids as soon as possible. Most people don't hit puberty at 9 years old.
>>
>>17777457
/thread
>>
>>17779132
>without contradiction or error
Oh you
>>
>>17780090
That's because the god of the old testament is pretty fucking clearly not the same one spoken of in the new testament.
>>
>>17780833
The NT god still demanded a human sacrifice. because reasons. most of the new testament is all about what a good guy jesus was, and then his torture and execution. oh yeah, and followed by Revelations, which sounds more like the ravings of some schizo while on hallucinogens.
>>
>>17774839
That's the Koran you're thinking about...
>>
>>17781268
In actuality, that book is extremely strict about the imperative to deject supernatural entities other than god.

kareem
>>
>>17775152
>quran
>beautifully poetic
literally kys sandnigger pedogoatfucker
>>
>>17779266
>66 again

hi satan
>>
>>17774839
Some bible verses have changed.. And when I say changed, I mean history has been rewritten, not physical copies. Your old bibles have changed on you. Its called the Mandela effect. Look it up
>>
>>17774839
Even if it was demon writing it sill might be worth a read. If not to just see what the "demon" is doing to billions of people.
>>
>>17777610
>all this truth
Notice how he has a trip? He thinks he is so important that someone may imitate him if he uses a mere name. Better than that, he thinks he needs to keep track of his posts because they are poignant when indeed they are nothing but half-assed attempts at sounding deep.
>>
CONSPIRACY THEORISTS UNITE
>>
It was written by the Romans you dolt. Many of the Roman officers were Mithraic priests. Both Jesus and Mithras were born of a virgin in a stable, had gifts brought to him by three wise men, were able to walk on water, were killed and came back to life days later, and we're considered to be the son of a higher power.

Pretty spooky coincidence don't you think?
>>
>>17774851
>The Bible was written by manipulative people
>>17774839
>how exactly do we know that the bible wasn't written by a very clever and manipulative demon
>>17774875
>we cannot
>>17775977
>how do we know it wasnt written by a manipulative human beings ?

>Was the bible written by manipulative entities?
Does it matter?
By their fruits ye shall know them. That which produces good works, is good.

>How do we know it wasnt written by a human
It was.
You have to take it on faith that it was inspired by God.
>>
>>17782118
There was also an Aztec man who was supposedly born of a Virginia and had to sacrifice himself for his people's sins. Maybe this world had a few Jesuses and only the one from the middle east stuck.
>>
>>17782318
>born of a Virginia
>>
>>17782318
>>17783222

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8YbNwRHT9o

Clutch can be a pretty /x/ band at times, now that I think about it
>>
>>17774839
That is sort of the plot for Warcraft. At least it was eventually.
>>
>>17774839
Because the bible is a compilation of books written centuries after the events they refer to (for the most part) and approved for inclusion by a committee.
>>
File: indexblstyrnt.jpg (9 KB, 238x212) Image search: [Google]
indexblstyrnt.jpg
9 KB, 238x212
>>17783245
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AEsaxASZGM

I move to make Clutch the official band of /x/
>>
File: Typical atheist.jpg (38 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Typical atheist.jpg
38 KB, 1280x720
>>17780090
>god is a jealous, egotistical, tyrannical, bloodthirsty monster that demands everyone serve him as obedient slaves
>>
File: 1465138966589.jpg (383 KB, 1564x1050) Image search: [Google]
1465138966589.jpg
383 KB, 1564x1050
odd test
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.