[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is ghost maybe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: door.jpg (2 MB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
door.jpg
2 MB, 3024x4032
I'm a skeptic, but I think I mighta seen a ghost.

>15 days ago
>Just after 10PM
>Be laying in bed for about ten minutes
>Wife sleeping next to me
>Baby in crib sleeping
>Oldest child sleeping in her room
>Look up, see little girl by my doorway
>Think that it's my oldest, call out to her so she doesn't freak out since she's walking around in the dark at night and probably disoriented
"It's okay sweetie. It's okay"
>Whatever it was darts around the corner down the stairs
>Realize that it wasn't my kid
Oh-fuck_intruders.gif
>Fumble for flashlight in top drawer - it's not there Anon!
>fuck it
>Grab gun and charge into dark first floor to confront intruders who evidently brought with them a midget or pre-schooler or midget pre-schooler
>Every door and window is locked and there's no one else around
>Not even the cats were awake
>Bought carbonmonoxide detector next day

I realize now after the fact that 1) this thing made zero noise when it went downstairs, so could not have really been a physical person and 2) this thing was shorter than my oldest.

Here's the thing, /x/, it was either A) a hallucination or B) a ghost.

If it's A, then this really worries me probably more than it being a ghost. If I'm seeing things, I could lose my OPOTC, pilot's certificate, driver's license, CCW, or end up being locked up.

But if it's option B, well, that's why I'm asking /x/. If it's a ghost, then it's the ghost of a frightened child. I wan't to do the right thing, and do whatever kind of kooky shit that I'm supposed to do to help this little one(or ones, there could be multiple) cross over to the other side. I don't want he/she/them to suffer. Plus, I don't want my kids or wife to get freaked out.

When we moved in five years ago, it was apparent that the second bedroom was used as an office, and in pic related, you can see the cross-like smudges on the master bedroom door and master bedroom closet door that were here when we moved in. Related? No fucking clue.
>>
We've been here for about five years and this is the first time anything like this has happened.

My oldest has never even said the word ghost to me, but she gets freaked out almost every night and runs into our room. I've asked her before why, and she just says that she's scared when she's by herself no matter where she is. Makes sense.

However,

A week after this happened, my wife was in her room while waiting for my oldest to fall asleep and they have a creep convo

>Mom, did some one just get into bed with me?

She tells her no. She texted this to me while I was at work, so I asked her to ask our oldest why she said that, and her reply was

>because it felt like some one got into bed like I felt the bed go down like when one of the cats jumps in

but there were no cats in the room

So, /x/, what do? Sage? Crosses? etc?

ETC.?
>>
>>17774635
It's a hypnagogic hallucination. You were in bed and it's totally fine. People love to find supernatural causes to spice up thrir life, don't be one of those snowflake morons.

Furthermore this has no impact on your abilities to safely control vehicles.

Hypnagogic - google it, fascinating stuff.
>>
>>17774635

argh that's insane anon
you must be worried sick

i think you should get your kids out of that enviroment because that cant be good
if you're sure shit is going down then you dont want to stay there
>>
>>17774687
>hypnagogic
>of or relating to the state immediately before falling asleep.

I thought about that, because that has happened to me, but every time that it has happened to me, I felt sleepy and knew that it was because I was "half asleep" or about to fall asleep.

But this time I was in bed early, and wide awake, because I wasn't tired yet.

I'm more inclined to believe that it was a hallucination of some sort, but I want to cover all my bases just in case.
>>
>>17774687
Although my second post fits the bill for a hypnagogic hallucination.
>>
>>17774700
Time perception and recollection distort when in "sleep mode" you recall feeling awake, you may not recall feeling sleepy but you likely were.

Burning sage, prayers, rituals will;
A. Make you look like a retard
B. Possibly scare loved ones
C. Be retarded
>>
>>17774635
You were robbed by a midget.
>>
File: 4GcvLc9[1].jpg (221 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
4GcvLc9[1].jpg
221 KB, 700x525
>>17774727
Why are you on /x/ right now?
>>
>>17774687
So I read about the hynagogic state, and I've experienced visual hallucinations (and on a few occasions sleep paralysis) and have been suffering from exploding head syndrome for as long as I can remember.

The thing is, I've become accustomed to all of these, and this was not anything I've experienced before. When looking at this from a purely skeptical point of view, I do lean towards hallucination, just not what you've suggested. Like I said, I came to /x/ for the paranormal half of this. If it happens again, I'll investigate the physiological side of this by going to my doctor, explaining everything, and seeing if there are any tests or examinations to be done about it.

>>17774727
>GHOSTS ARE FAKE AND GAY
/x/
pick one

>>17774757
kek
>>
>>17774766
Curing cancer and aids one cancerous faggot at a time.
>>
>>17775008
>>>/B/
>>
>>17774635
Maybe it was your brain falling asleep?
>>
Hey you know I think I must have worded the question wrong.

Let's just assume for this discussion that I saw Casper the ghost in my hallway. Wtf am I supposed to do to get her to "cross over"?

I'm not actually gonna do anything unless it happens again, and even then I'll let my wife handle it because she's the hippie not me
>>
>>17775008
gg but belongs on >>>/b/
>>17775449
stop being a newfag newfag
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.