[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This House Has People In It thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 750x424) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 750x424
Share your theories on what it means, any new or undiscovered footage, and what the fuck even took place.
>>
>>17772448
Trying to start a thread. Gives no relevant information or links about it. Dang are you slow or something?
>>
File: thishousehaspeopleinitref.jpg (44 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
thishousehaspeopleinitref.jpg
44 KB, 640x360
i think OP is referring to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-pj8OtyO2I

It's about 13 minutes long so i'm watching it and will be posting my theories after
>>
>>17772488
Lol Adult Swim pissing around.
>>
>>17772488
What is more interesting is the editing. Alan had cameras throughout the house and had the actors improv as he moved the cameras around from a booth outside the house. So those quick camera zooms and pans is him doing it.

Met Wham City some weeks back, great people. [spoiler]Even met the woman who plays the being in the image. Fucking hilarious.[/spoiler] The video seemed like a funny thing they put together and the ARG and lore was handled by a woman I can't remember the name of but Alan said she loves those kinds of things and she pretty much does all of it. She does want to add to the archive of footage and documentation that's up on that site.

Don't forget the video the grandmother is watching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=453wgsWT5Ao
Has some interesting bits about Lynks Disease.
>>
i think a youtube user gave a pretty elaborate and plausible theory about that video. you can watch it here even if it s a bit long https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjBTAnCUbZc&ab_channel=NightMind
>>
I watched both the original video and the Night Mind explanation...

All I can say is I found it so incredibly boring and pointless. I really don't understand Alan Resnick, he just seems like a grade A edgelord who has his ego stroked when thousands of kids find his work deep or arty or whatever the fuck he's trying to achieve.

I don't get it, entry level shit trying to be more than it is.
>>
>>17773123
>An hour and 40 minutes to talk about a 13 minute video that was made for Adult Swim
>>
There's no mystery here, you guys. It's just an adult swim video.
>>
>>17773123
>lol lynx isn't real
>except doctors acknowledge it's real
???
>>
>>17774109
The full THHPII film is over an hour long, plus there are tons of additional texts and photos.
>>
>>17772618
ARG

Some guy from /x/ made a few videos about it.
sadly his channel is closed now.
>>
File: 1463365330456.jpg (36 KB, 212x218) Image search: [Google]
1463365330456.jpg
36 KB, 212x218
>>17772462
Agreed.
>>
File: facepalm.png (35 KB, 240x144) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.png
35 KB, 240x144
>>17775145
It's not an ARG. There is no interactive element to it.
>>
File: pure rage.png (69 KB, 297x306) Image search: [Google]
pure rage.png
69 KB, 297x306
>>17773123
>A FUCKING HOUR AND 15 MINUTES OF SETUP, DEEP ANALYSIS, FILES, FUCKING NEWS REPORTS OF HEDGE APPLES AND GODDAMN CLAY EATING ADDICTION ARTICLES LATER
>So, what's really going on?
>It's literally all up to you :^)
>'Cuz this is all about broken perception
>goes on an autistic review on how this is a multi-layered project all about "What do you think it means" and shit
>Lynks is mostly mental and the pink kid represents the physical manifestation of fear of the disease inside the house, mostly of it getting their kids
>what about the supernatural elements and the girl literally going through the floor
>oh it's when it gets to their kids, that's why the pink guy came out around that time

Fuck off m8, literally fucking fuck off holy shit
>>
>>17773031
>Met Wham City some weeks back, great people.
Hoooly shit, I want to meet them as well.

>She does want to add to the archive of footage and documentation that's up on that site.
I'M SO HYPED RIGHT NOW
>>
>>17772448
It's about government surveillance and mental illness.
>>
>>17775331
That bit is a bit hokey, but he still does a really good analysis of it, and he does have a strong case about one of the major themes being missing/altered information. There is still enough to piece together the bigger story.

>what about the supernatural elements and the girl literally going through the floor
He does explain them, though it is a bit quick and easy to miss. Madison falling through the floor is a "Lynks Special Ability", not necessarily called such by name, but it is hinted at. I do find it weird that he thinks that Tom is Boomy during the night, even though that doesn't add up judging by the original video where they are clearly separate.

Pink woman/Family Friend being the fear of Lynks and other illnesses makes sense, because the very last video in the chronology is the thing confronting the two parents, causing them to scream in horror.
>>
>>17775165
But there is an active part to it online. You "log in" to the surveillance site advertised at the end of the adult swim vid. Ya go through their database to check out the other video/audio clips. There's some passwords needed, too.
>>
>>17773123
Fun fact: that dude worked a lot with /x/ when this thing took off a few months ago. I'm assuming that's where he got all that information from.
>>
>>17775331
Obviously your perception is broken
>>
>>17775165
yes it is, there was a multiple websites up related to this, with multiple files and parts that were related to the videos, do research before calling people out on things you have no idea about.
>>
>>17779500
/x/ even made their own google docs. I'm surprised there's so many people in this thread that didn't know about it. It even leaked over to other boards
>>
>>17773983

This. Adult Swim doesn't even try to entertain anymore. What pointless shit this was,
>>
Can someone explain?
>>
>>17773983
How the fuck is his work edgy?

I've only experienced his works (Alantutorial, Unedited footage of a Bear and THHPII) through the Night Mind's analysis, but they seem like cool shit to try to figure out. I like metaphorical storytelling.
>>
Completely obvious it was all just random junk. No meaning or reasoning behind it. Please do not worry
>>
A couple of things I observed well watching through the videos:

>the last thing chronologically spoken in the videos is the dad talking about how he used to be in a band and how some art work he did in the is "lost to time" then the pink person shows up and scares them.The date suggest the video is from the future(2017)

>in the main video that aired on adult swim the daughter doesn't start sinking through the floor until the repair man damages one of the cameras.This is the only time one of the cast members directly interacts with a camera.

>the videos that promptly feature the pink person seem to be more classified and are often labeled XXXXX

>in one of the videos the man dressed like boomy the cat is in the parents bedroom and at one point seems to materialize out of nothing.In another video the pink person does something similar

(note:Subject 9 is the boomy the cat man)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NK2fugT0gI&index=21&list=PLjW1oEhsKH06XJkl-TakNjWoqleelvAZj

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9JmVosoUa0&list=PLjW1oEhsKH06XJkl-TakNjWoqleelvAZj&index=31

This could suggest the some relation between the two.
>>
>>17784448
There is nothing special about this video. Please do not waste your time. If you are a young boy go outside
>>
>>17784461
>I did not read the thread: The Post
>>
YouTube Explained does a way shorter theory video, and it makes a shitload more sense, and even has ties to the other adult swim video, Unedited footage of a bear. It's pretty artsy and I like the perspective.

Fun story though, Months back when I had a horrible fever, I saw this video at 4 in the morning when I woke up out of nowhere and thought I was having a crazy ass fever dream, then forgot about it until it popped up on YouTube.
>>
File: 1464838326620.png (974 KB, 634x706) Image search: [Google]
1464838326620.png
974 KB, 634x706
>>17772488
This is a much more consider Theory:
https://youtu.be/8bgV1RXQvXs
>>
Hey tutorialheads!
>>
File: lynks reveiw.jpg (232 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
lynks reveiw.jpg
232 KB, 1000x1333
>>17773123
The one thing he doesn't seem to mention are the other pictures of the Sculptor's mouth and the wierd issue of Lynks Reveiw where whoever's writing it kinda loses it halfway through. With that and the idea f

>>17775331
>>17775460
I don't like the idea that lynks does not exist because then the surveillance/found footage aspect is pointless. It can't really be a made up disease because one of the kids straight up fell through the floor, with (fake) video proof.

On the other hand, there's the idea that because the family's fear of lynks is so great, they willed it into existence because of their dread.
>>
>>17785542
I can see how the claim that Lynks isn't a real disease can be frustrating when trying to understand the story, but I do think that the broken links on the clayground site, the sporadic, no rhyme or reason symptoms and causes, and other evidence shows that it wasn't a real disease.

Notice the key word: WASN'T. Mix this in with the surveillance of "subjects", and you might start to come up with what they might intend Lynks to actually be.

>>17785159
Eh, I'm not too keen on that explaination as it seems to take an Occam's Razor to a multifaceted project like this. Also, the emphasis he put on patriotism REALLY seemed to miss the point when the entire work put together has a theme of disease.
>>
>>17785435
AlanTutorial made me more sad than scared and it was really well done. I like to pretend that Alan is somewhere safe and warm
>>
>>17787385
pretty sure he's out in the woods or something...
>>
>>17787389
Let me live in my delusions :(
>>
>>17772448
ARGs are so fucking boring nowadays. Why do all the run around for some dumbass 2DEEP4U concept that is repeated (literally) into the ground.
>>
>>17773031
>Don't forget the video the grandmother is watching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=453wgsWT5Ao

This is hilarious. I wish there was more
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.