[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else remember dying?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: dead_end1.jpg (63 KB, 600x394) Image search: [Google]
dead_end1.jpg
63 KB, 600x394
Obviously, I'm not fucking dead, probably, which is what makes these memories all the more troublesome. I remember dying, twice.

When I was 8, my brothers were walking me home from school. We came to a busy road, and they crossed without me. They told me to come across the road, and being a little kid, I trusted them and tried to get across quickly. I jumped back, and narrowly dodged being hit by a silver car. But I can also remember being hit by that car, the feel of the glass windshield hitting the side of my head as I went over, crying and seeing the blurred houses on the other side of the road as I laid on the pavement.

When I was 18, I went through a heavily depressed phase. I seriously considered self harm, but ultimately decided against it. And yet I have a memory of me sitting on top of the local multistory, with a cheap bottle of whiskey, in my black coat, with my tatty jeans, and my legs on either side. I had a knife with me, one I can remember vividly, although I'm not sure to what purpose. And I can remember rolling, to my right, down over the edge.

I have, clearly, never died. And yet I remember those things so clearly. Makes me wonder if I should be dead by now. Does /x/ have anything like this to share?
>>
>>17772297
We've already got one of these. >>17764927
>>
>>17772556
Those are near death experiences.

This is me actually remembering dying, but not dying. I was wondering if anybody else had something similar.
>>
>here's your bump

Seems mildly interesting.
>>
>>17772722
Thanks, I don't know how to explain it. It's like I could feel everything happening. Either I have an imagination capable of deceiving every aspect of my senses, or it's something strange.
>>
>>17772297
I do remember Muhammad Ali dying around 11 yrs ago or so from brain/heart situations. I could've sworn he's been dead it really threw me off when I heard he died
>>
>>17772778
Yeah, there's a whole list of things that some people swore happened but never did - Ali's death was on that list.
>>
I have frequent, quick, and vivid thoughts about my own possible deaths. They aren't really suicidal, there's no negativity and I already dislike the idea of suicide. That said, it's weird how my brain can make such a detailed visualization. I'm sure a lot of people have those same fleeting thoughts, and simply can't help it. Modern life is incredibly dull so it would make sense, especially if one believed in a good afterlife.
>>
>>17772297
I have several. It's weird, I never considered sharing them with anyone. I always figured it was a consequence of quantum immortality.
>>
>>17772814
The idea that you die in one world, you live in another? Share some of yours.
>>
>>17772818
Yeah kinda, it's mostly the idea that an observer of a particular set of probabilities must persist for them to continue existing so it skews probability in the direction of survival.

When I was 8 or so I drank a whole bottle of acetone nail polish remover. I remember laying there dying for a while before I was found. My mother actually found me almost immediately.

When I was a teenager I slid on some gravel in front of a dumb truck, I remember it hitting me, in reality it managed to break a couple of inches from me.
>>
>>17772836
The latter one is like what I experienced with the car. I just jumped back and dodged it.
>>
>>17772836
In my early twenties me an a date were attacked by a crazy bum with a knife. I remember him gutting me and running away when he realized what had happened. I actually managed to talk him down and get him wait for the police instead.

Those are all I can recall right now, seems like there were more when I was thinking about it.
>>
>>17772844
Did you remember it different later? I kinda came to in each instance as though I had actually lived the first memory and then ended up in the second one, if that makes any sense.
>>
I vaguely remember dying when I got shot in the head, was dead for like 3 seconds or something at one point

It feels like diving into a pool of cool water during a boiling hot day, very refreshing
>>
>>17772847
As a matter of fact it was the memory of him gutting me that enabled me to talk him down, since I "knew" he wasn't right and would come to his senses if I could get him to realize what was going on.
>>
>>17772856
I dunno, I can still feel that sensation as my arm was forced into my ribs though, and that's quite a visceral thing.
>>
>>17772867
Yeah, I can still feel that Mack truck hitting me.

Oh! This one was recent-ish, my apartment caught on fire and my girlfriend at the time left something inside that was dear to her, I ran inside just as the Fire Department got there. I remember the whole second story exploding while I was still inside. Fire men actually got it put out though. They said the attic was about 2 minutes from flash point when they got up there, which was about 5 minutes after I left the apartment.
>>
>>17772885
Can you remember how it felt, or smelled? To me that's the mark of something weird, you see things in your dreams every night, and sometimes you might feel a little bit but nothing serious... but when you can smell, and feel, and see these things happen..
>>
>>17772885
All of these memories are come with some pretty unique sensations, all of which I remember vividly. It's really odd, you'd have thought these would be life changing memories but until you made this thread I didn't think that they were that odd.
>>
>>17772889
I remember the smell of the fire and the smoke. the concussion of the explosion (like a shockwave, I've never "really" experienced an explosion before and I always thought that shock waves only came from big fuck off bombs) Then I was looking around , kinda felt drunk, I was vaguely aware that I was on fire, but it just kinda felt like a really bad sunburn then I remember looking down and seeing a broken 2x4 sticking through me and then I'm running down the stairs with her stuffed unicorn.
>>
>>17772902
Maybe this kind of shit inspired parts of Final Destination? It's strange, does anyone else have stories?
>>
>>17772836
That actually makes a lot sense
>>
>>17772297
You gotta have in mind that memories are not actually accurate, whenever you access it you can damage it, people can be talked to into believing something she doesn't remember and it actually creates this fake memory. So honestly, i got pretty interested, but im very skeptical, its probably just it. Your brain processing the possibilities and creating fake memories, could be of something that happened or something that will happen.
>>
Somethings happen that are not meant to be. Men do things now that were not written before.

We all have a place to be in this world, a part to play. A single absence could throw all things into chaos. So when one does something they were not expected to do, and this brings them to death prematurely, their death is prevented.

But the mind, the mind remembers death in hopes it might not die again.
>>
>>17772989
OP here, I know that sensation, like you were being nudged into doing things by something unknown.

I objected, because it posed too many obstacles for any sort of idea of destiny. I have willingly abstained, despite its best efforts, to participate in a destiny.

Now I have organ failure. I wonder if the next me will do better.
>>
>>17772999
We all arrive at the points in time where we must be, where we are needed most.

Though we might suffer greatly, and to us it seems as if there is no good that comes from us, no method to the madness, it is because the web of things is greater than we can notice.

The interconnectedness of the universe is too grand for us to step back and see the big picture. All you can be sure of is that you will play your part and do what you must.

In every moment, we are in a place in the world and life where we will do the most good for the most people. This is the truth in eternity.
>>
>>17773017
The universe is so big that it's hard to believe that any of our lives have meaning to something greater. I just live seeking happiness
>>
>>17772297
So it's not just me?
I am certain I died when I was 15. I dream about this event to this day, it has been 9 years now. I was raised in a small sub 30k city in Europe. Getting a lot of rains due o the climate I always had an umbrella in my backpack whenever I went. It was rainy autumn afternoon, I left home to go to the bookstore, as there was a book I wanted to read. It started raining half of the way through. Since it was windy too I had to put the umbrella over the left side of my body to shield myself from rain.
I was nearly crossing a bridge over which trains ran. Under this bridge was a quite busy road and a sidewalk I walked on. Now I remember something hitting me from the left side and throwing me a few meters right under a grey truck running at least 70km/h.

Look, I have an amazing memory. To the degree that I sometimes think I am imagining things. I remember places, people clothes, people voices, exact words they spoke, what accent they spoke with, my suroundings. This has always been my trait, if I remember something I remember it well.
And this is what freaks me out. I remember this event clearly. It was not a dream, there are too many details. But I cannot put it in a specific day. I don't know what hppened next. It is as if I never left home in the first place. This has been haunting me for years now, I dream about it more than I would like to.
>>
Yea i remember being beaten to death. Its a recurring "memory" and certain things make me remember like wooden bats( what i was beaten with) and groups of people kneeling (i was in some sort of lineup for execution. I remember being scared and petrified as the executioner, a tall crazy but well groomed and charismatic guy, chose me as the victim) Sometimes il see a wooden bat, people kneeling, steel toe boots (last thing i "remember" seeing before being bashed), or swingsets (i remember their being a swingset right there). Cant explain it and dont bother trying to either. Still freaks me out how i remembef it like it happened yesterday.
>>
A few years back i would have the same reoccurring dream every few days
Me and my buddy,whose face and voice I could never pick out making me feel it was adapting to who I was spending time with, would be driving down a heavily wooded road. We'd be joking around passing the slow ass cars and what nought till at some point in the dream it would focus in on me leaning my back on the passenger side window, no seat belt on, looking at my friend and laughing. I would always see it coming up behind the dream me but it always just looked like a black mess. It would roll up and smash my side of the car waking me up.
>>
>>17773293
Sorry I know this isn't a dream thread it's just that after having those dreams. when I'd be out with friends I would end up getting shot gun and have a dejavu moment while driving
>>
I died when I was 14 I drowned at a beach in North Carolina, the riptide was too strong and I couldn't outswim it. I remember passing out, I remember the blackness and I remember waking up a few years later in this fucking reality.
>>
>>17772297

Me too. I was going through some bad times around 6 years ago. One night in my apartment, I was facing my open balcony. There was a strong urge to start running and jump off- muscles getting ready to go, then it's a bit murky.

Sometimes even years later I have a very strong feeling that something has become 'different' since, and that the years following after that incident were somehow built from something different. Strange feeling!
>>
So it's not just me, bumping to keep this alive.
>>
I cant really remember deaths, but i once saw a former "me".

I was around 5 or 6 and playing with some cousins and neighbours on the street.
Bit later an older cousin and my brother came up, and decided to go into the woods for a walk.
So we little ones followed suit, and after some time it just hit me.

I saw myself walking slowly over the field and sat down near a tree.
From what i know about history, the clothing was from about 200 years ago.
I had a long cane in my right hand and a short sword or dagger in my belt.

I remember saying to a cousin that i had about 200 sheep when i was older. They laughed at me, and that's that.

And another weird thing that keeps happening is when i'm high.
I see weapons piercing, cutting and bashing. I can hear scraping sounds and taste blood and metal.
>>
>>17772814
This anon gets it
>>
>>17774021

>bumping to keep this alive
>not ''keep us alive''

missed out on gold.. ya fukt up, son, ya fukt it all up
>>
I think there are three good options here.
1) You are all remembering past or future lives
2) You are all remembering alternate histories, and now you're in parallel worlds
3) You are all blending imagination, dreams, and reality until they are indistinguishable.
>>
I'm pretty sure a different me died in a nuclear explosion.

So I'm dreaming. And my dreams are way too real. It's like I slide into different realities but into my role there. In that specific role it felt a little quirky. We had a somewhat super villain thing going on who was about to drop some atom bomb on our town. We couldn't negotiate. It was about to drop down as I kinda noticed this is all too silly and it could be a dream and if I am about to die I might wake up from shock.

Little did I know I didn't wake up. The bomb dropped and the ground scorched. I felt the burning. The dissolving. It took long until I woke up in full alert mode. I'm sure i felt someone dying.
>>
File: 1464847995064.jpg (51 KB, 540x429) Image search: [Google]
1464847995064.jpg
51 KB, 540x429
>>17772297
My soul is still drawn to the one I called mine, a very long time ago. I'm missing something. Someone. It's like a hole in my chest. He was blonde, I recall, many years ago. I think he was soft, in his features. Compassionate eyes; green, murky brown bits in between. Utterly flawless. The memories of those times come and go. Sometimes, they feel like a dream. I remember holding his lifeless body and feeling so very cold. Flashes of emotion. Pain. I mean, i've felt affection before, i've had crushes before, even tried to have relationships; it was never like in those brief flashes of memory, that seem almost spontaneous. It all felt so real.

I keep thinking, maybe i'll see him again some day. Maybe he's watching over me, right now. I don't quite know. Anyone else have this phenomenon occur?
>>
File: f59.jpg (94 KB, 623x1200) Image search: [Google]
f59.jpg
94 KB, 623x1200
>>17774684
>>
>>17773055
ok glenn
>>
>>17775150
wat?
>>
File: timeisaflatcircle.png (128 KB, 1130x375) Image search: [Google]
timeisaflatcircle.png
128 KB, 1130x375
>>17772297
Everyone who dies is reborn as themselves on a different world line. This is where feelings like dejavu and precognition come from. If you're lucky (or unlucky) every time you die you'll be return to a younger point in your life. This has happened to a lot of the elite (and it's a reason for their success) and is a pretty well kept secret. In fact there was a guy on /b/ who many years ago posted a thread about his experience with rewindcarnation.
>>
I really fuckin hate this board sometimes
>>
>>17775894
>rewindcarnation
>>
>>17772297
>>17772778
>>17772781
>>17772891
It's called the Mandela effect..
>>
>>17772297
https://youtu.be/JCxJWNR0Tto
video of I am of living of cell-regeneration.
>>
>>17772556
Fuuuuuuck these cunts are so eager to tell people when they're posting in the wrong threads, CALM THE FUCK DOWN M8, YOU WERE WRONG
>>
>>17772778
Glad I'm not the only one. I argued with my girl for a few minutes, I knew he was dead.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.