[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok /x/, Why the fuck would someone carve these into my headboard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 15
Ok /x/,

Why the fuck would someone carve these into my headboard while I was gone on a trip?
Any insight?

Located in New England in a 200 year old house, only owned by 2 families before us. Im bugging out over here.
>>
Related, the second carving.
They look like they could've been done with a pen and a lot of force maybe?

Obviously deliberate, both very similar but ones sideways.
>>
File: 1342206564718.jpg (17 KB, 271x318) Image search: [Google]
1342206564718.jpg
17 KB, 271x318
>>
File: Channing.png (310 KB, 630x353) Image search: [Google]
Channing.png
310 KB, 630x353
Bump for WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

pls hlp
>>
OP has bedbugs, those are nests
>>
>>17770432
>still on the first page
>bump

This isn't /b/, kid
>>
>>17770440
The little spots are just decorative, it came like that. The carvings, however, are nearly identical and in different parts of the headboard.
>>
>>17770446

Hey man, all I know is I just got off a plane from Italy, and was greeted by some crazy ass carvings on my bed and I'm bugging.
>>
Your roomies/family having a larf.
>>
>>17770461
My family was with me in Italy.
>>
>>17770421
It looks like it is a word, I'm looking into what language it is.
>>
>>17770466
Hobo had a fap in your bed.
>>
Holy fuck.. I'm getting out of here
>>
>>17770500
Not me.

My family is definitely not the type to fuck with me, or anyone for that matter.

I've had multiple people tell me they saw a fog in the small forest behind the house that looks sort of like it was walking. Related? I didn't really believe them.
>>
>>17770520
Okay, so after some digging it seems that it is not in any modern language. It might be a very simplified language so now I'm going over ancient languages and looking for similarities.
Has there been anything else strange happening?
>>
>>17770421
it looks like some sort of nordic language, who was around New England 200yrs ago, the Dutch?
>>
>>17770553
The english and french. This is a colonial house hold. Im about 40 minutes from salem mass, and my town is one of the oldest in the country.
>>
Mey! Hi lost aan dur nol fin Dovah!
>>
File: Theban.gif (7 KB, 577x185) Image search: [Google]
Theban.gif
7 KB, 577x185
Do you guys think it kinda looks like this?
I just looked it up, it's called the Theban Alphabet.
>>
I can tell OP is trolling, but for anyone else out there, is is just me or has everyone doodled indentations on their bed or table while on the phone at some time in their life?
>>
>>17770575
looks like Georgian or Armenian script try again
>>
>>17770583
Dead ass not trolling. I got out of college 3 weeks ago, was home for a few days and there was nothing on my headboard.

Took a two week trip to Italy and came back to this.

My house is a colonial on the border of Mass and Nh. It's build on an acre now, but the property the original family owned was huge. It dates back to around 1800. I've found old silver wear buried in my back yard, little items like a gold nose piece to glasses in the attic, and boxes of weird knick knacks hidden in weird places.

I never actually had a second thought, but theres a sort of shrine out to the side of the house... Should I go take a pic?
>>
>>17770575
No, that's not it.
>>
>>17770594
Yes take a picture, it might help.
>>
>>17770594
Fellow new englander, I'm just south of boston. What area are you in? Any other good sites around you that have paranormal history ? I'm intrigued by your story. Lots of druids around here, contacting some might yield you some info on what these inscriptions mean. Good luck
>>
File: IMG_3377.jpg (400 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3377.jpg
400 KB, 750x1334
>>17770601
With a timestamp
>>
>>17770604
Now post a dick pic
>>
Ok so I decided to Look at some of the things I found. One is an Old cookbook I never bothered to look at for more than a second.

But just found a page that says something about killings and how it relates to flowers in the garden?? WTF?????
>>
File: Hindu-arabic1.jpg (70 KB, 512x549) Image search: [Google]
Hindu-arabic1.jpg
70 KB, 512x549
>>17770604
Okay, that is not much help but it seems that there might be something buried there. (I recommend not to dig in case you disturb something that is not supposed to be disturbed.)
Anyway, after some more digging on the internet I might have identified some of the characters on one of the images.
So, it seems like 1 and a 6 from the arabic alphabets.
I still have to find what the other characters mean.
Is the book in English?
>>
>>17770611
Picture of the page?
>>
also you could ask this dude: >>17770498
about the "writing", maybe he knows something
>>
>>17770604
That's a shrine? Looks more like a cairn.
>>
File: masur[1].jpg (31 KB, 746x300) Image search: [Google]
masur[1].jpg
31 KB, 746x300
Your bed is made from ash or some other softwood and it has naturally occurring worm tracks in it from when it was a living tree. The willful ignorance on /x/ is sickening

inb4 they weren't there before you were away on vacation - must be the mandala effect then.
>>
File: IMG_3378.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3378.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>17770620
Yeah.

"Baltimore Bell was killed by our two lambs."

A lot seems to be talking about roses bushes and stuff, but only on this one page and it's very cryptic. There are names for the flowers, but none are names of actual flowers like baltimore bell???

THE LAST ENTRY CALLS ONE OF THE FLOWERS MARGARET DICKSON WHO WAS A MURDERER IN SCOTTLAND

WORSE, I LOOKED IT UP AND A MARGARET DICKSON DIED NEAR ME IN 2002 AT 92 YEARS OLD
>>
>>17770638
One is perfectly vertical, the other is perfectly horizontal, and the first symbol is exactly the same.
>>
>>17770638
Not to mention, they're NO where else on the bed
>>
File: IMG_3379.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3379.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Found this writing book, nothing exciting about it, but there is writing on the back that is dated 1880, and the owners name "Mary F Jenkins"
>>
>>17770421
>>17770425
Seems to be made by that bug or worm (or what) that lives in trees. I've seen such things on very old wooden things.
>>
>>17770656
What are the other pages about?
This page looks like a journal, 1901, 1902, 1903. (Might be years)
>>
>>17770670
The rest is just a cookbook, with recipes added. This page was the only significant one.
>>
>>17770421
Are the chips from the wood in the floor or around? That'll debunk these bug faggots
>>
>>17770669
The bed is not old, and one is perfectly vertical, and the other is horizontal. They're nowhere else on the entire frame.
>>
>>17770677
Are they normal recipes? Or do they involve strange ingredients?
>>
>>17770684
Completely normal
>>
>>17770688
Okay, I still would like to see the whole book but for now I'll concentrate on the writing.
>>
>>17770678
No chips. They're small, and look to be impacted. Like I said, they look like someone just forced it with a pen. There's no way they're from worms because don't lead deeper, and they're uniformly deep. There are very clear beginnings and ends.
>>
>>17770655
They go along the grain of the wood because worms follow the path of least resistance. One of the boards is oriented vertically the other is oriented horizontally. The shape of the tracks is similar because the same worm made them at the same time in the same wood with the same grain that was then sawed into two boards in the same batch that were used to make your bed.
>>
>>17770698
They are similar but not exactly the same (and not opposite either)
Have you even looked at the pictures closely? Or have you formed an opinion so strong that the evidence which is right in front of your eyes will not convince you that you are wrong?
>>
File: IMG_3380.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3380.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>17770698
I guarantee you they aren't from worms. The markings are black like ink, and the wood underneath is light ash colored. The stain is maron, so there is no way for that to have happened.

There were things found in the ceiling between the room and the attic. A well pen tip, beads on a string, an old photo of a movie star, a broken piece of pottery, a broken shell, three keys, a gold nose piece to a pair of glasses, and a few buttons. Really odd.
>>
>>17770723
Do you know whether anyone in your family was interested in witchcraft, voodoo, etc.?
>>
>>17770725
Not even a little bit. We just moved into this house about a year and a half ago, and only two families have owned it for the past 200 years.
>>
>>17770706
>>17770723
You're right I looked closer at them and they are from someone digging in it with a ball point pen and they also stabbed around it a few times. I expect this person was probably you.
>>
>>17770730
So someone from the other families might have been interested in that kind of stuff.
>>
What if whoever carved them IS STILL THERE?
>>
>>17770421
its some september 11thy shit bruh
>>
File: IMG_3381.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3381.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>17770733
I already said it looked like a pen. The wholes where there when I bought the bed, they're just decorative to make it look 'aged'

These are bones from GOD know what. They were found by the previous owners while putting in a walkway apparently. Found them in the attic with a note that said that.
>>
>>17770755
ur fucked
>>
File: IMG_3382.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3382.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Just found a tub filled with broken glass,
But underneath were a bunch of rocks that aren't native to this area
>>
>>17770773
Where are you getting all this shit from?
>>
>>17770775
The attic of the house.
>>
>>17770781
What the hell else is up there?
>>
>>17770782
Our stuff now. It was empty for the most part when we moved in, but I found a couple boxes with this stuff behind one of the chimneys. Our house has a fireplace in each room since it get freezing and gas didn't exist in 1800
>>
>>17770421
Okay, after a thorough research my best guess is that the carvings are in Arabic, or a language with Arabic roots. The problem is that some of the characters are not in Arabic while other are (you can see why I'm confused here) I have to go, so I apologize for not being able to help more. If you have the time research Arabic alphabets/writing and hopefully you will stumble upon something useful.
>>
File: will will smith smith?.jpg (18 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
will will smith smith?.jpg
18 KB, 306x306
So when I first moved in I brushed off a few experiences, but I'm starting to get a bit anxious in this house.

The first month, I was in the bathroom. Out of one of the doors is a vanity mirror, and one day out of the corner of my eye I saw my mother walk by. I knew it was my mother, it felt like my mother, and I walked out the door and called her to get her attention for a question.

My mother replied from the other room. I was stunned.

A week before my father told me he saw what looked like it was a fog moving through the forest that he first Identified as a woman in a white dress.

About a week after my incident, he said he saw my mother in the same way, walk past the downstairs starecase, and when he called her she was in their bedroom upstairs.

My friend reported starting his car, and when the headlights pointed toward the forest turned on he saw what he 'thought looked like thick smoke coming out of the hood of his car' but it kept moving and disappeared and I had never told him about my fathers experience.

My bedroom faces the forest, and some nights I will get an intense feeling of doom like if I were to look out, I would see something or something would happen. Im not generally a believer of the paranormal, and I buy and large don't get scared easily, but this is intense.

What the fuck you guys, this is seriously starting to get fucked.
>>
Stupid question OP
Did you ask your friends and other family if THEY went into your house when you were gone,or did your neighbors happen to ever check on your house while you were gone?
>>
>>17770773
Those are from a beach

The spinal column looks human but
Probably a pig/cow/oxen but it is a farm house so who knows.

It's probably friends or neighbors fucking with you.
>>
>>17770647
That's pretty creepy OP, that is more interesting than the carvings (at least for me).
>>
Did OP died?
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.