[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree that beings cabable of interstellar travel would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 12
File: 1430658273596.jpg (29 KB, 680x651) Image search: [Google]
1430658273596.jpg
29 KB, 680x651
Can we all agree that beings cabable of interstellar travel would never allow themselves to get caught and that all "sightings" are false flags, either by them or the government?
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (21 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
21 KB, 320x180
If you were actually smart you would investigate,study this shit,and realize how stupid you actually are for believing this ayy bullshit
>>
>>17770250
Can we all agree that OP should kill himself?
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 768x768
Our planet is supposedly more than 4.4 billion year old. With that much development opportunity just on our planet why do "they" have to come from somewhere else?
>>
>>17770250

আপনার আলোর গতিতে ভ্রমণ , এখনো আপনি কি মনে করেন আপনি সময় আপনার জাহাজ অদৃশ্য করতে হবে ?
>>
>>17770275
Because earth was a molten inhabitable place for most of that time. Only relatively recently has it been hospitable for life.
>>
>>17770286
That's what they tell you
Ayyy lmaos inhabited the earth that time the government is just covering it up
>>
>>17770286
Any chance it was carved out during the prehistoric periods or something? I'm just wondering how they could structurally keep a (completely) hollow Earth from collapsing, and keep tectonic forces going if it wasn't full of molten shit and a core and whatnot. You can see volcanoes and the fault lines under the sea are literally flowing with magma and lava and stuff, so that would ahve to be a pretty complicated setup to fake. I think more than likely, when people talk about a "hollow" Earth there may be vast underground cities and even full civs, but I'm not fully buying a completely hollow Earth theory. This place seems too natural to either a) be a construct or b) have been hollowed out completely.

It's up in the air though for me.
>>
>>17770250
>Can we all agree
stopped right there. No.
>>
>>17770286
I never understood why we think every life form in the universe is carbon based. Why do we think that just because we're the only life we've ever discovered n that were bipedal carbon h20 based, that all other life will exist in the same way. Perhaps our planet was capable of sustaining another type of life while it was unable to sustain our type of life while in that molten state billions of years ago.
>>
File: Space_Taxi_2.png (7 KB, 1065x666) Image search: [Google]
Space_Taxi_2.png
7 KB, 1065x666
>>17770250
>cabable of interstellar travel

>cabable
>>
>>17770281
/thread

this guy knows whats up
>>
File: 1462301607767.jpg (100 KB, 797x720) Image search: [Google]
1462301607767.jpg
100 KB, 797x720
>>17770379
আপনি অনুবাদ করতে পারেন , এবং আমার মন্তব্য বেনামী শোনার জন্য আপনাকে ধন্যবাদ জানাতে . আপনার দিনটি শুভ হোক .
>>
>>17770354
This is actually really simple to answer. Basically, it boils down to chemistry. Carbon atoms are able to form double bonds with each other and allow the creation of much more complex molecules which allow much more complex proteins, amino acids, and other such things. Silicon has a hard time forming these more complex bonds, meaning that the amount of organic molecules it can create are limited.

The organic matter, basic amino acids and such, we have found in space on asteroids and in clouds around forming stars are all carbon based too. The first one detected was Glycine, a fairly simple amino acid that can form from elements within interstellar ice in a vacuum that is subjected to ultraviolet radiation.

The problem with that whole life in a molten hellhole thing is that it just doesn't work. Heat tends to cause things to break apart and be destroyed, and we know pretty much all the most important elements and their basic properties, the only ones left to find or recreate are the highly unstable radioactive isotopes with half lives so short they dissolve in minutes or even seconds. If there were any that could give rise to strange creatures that could live in molten lava, we would know and have archeological evidence for it. Physics and Chemistry basically say 'sorry, they don't work.'

Now this doesn't mean that I don't lament the loss of this cool possibility and so many other, seriously, I want some fucking superpowers or at least psionics, its just that when looking at reality, it tends to disappoint with its restrictions and limitations and boring mundanity.
>>
Can we all agree that beings capable seventy years ago of implying entire cities with a single bomb have ridden around completely enclosed by glass and steel and having individually guaranteed rights to possess firearms capable of killing dozens in seconds would never allow themselves to be killed by animals and that all bear and shark attacks are false flags either by themselves or the government?
>>
>>17770431
>implying entire cities with a single bomb
Meme warfare has never been stronger
>>
>>17770354
>>17770424
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 380x389) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 380x389
>>17770250
1. NO. Data got caught in Insurrection. New Kirk got caught at the beginning of Into Darkness. Accidents happen in our fiction and would likely occur in the real universe.
>>17770286 NOPE. For a billion years or so, but certainly not for MOST.
>>17770336 Wow. That's some out there shit.
>>17770354 We don't, we just haven't found examples of naturally occurring Silicon based life yet.
>>
>>17770431
This attempt at trying to equivocate modern life with the possible technology for interstellar aliens is kind of retarded once you get ahold of just how advanced those aliens would have to be.

Let's take being able to travel from the nearest star in a reasonable amount of time for the tiny craft commonly reported.
The nearest star is Alpha Centauri, a binary system of stars that orbit each other located 4 light years away. Traveling at the speed of light, something only a massless particle like photons can do, takes about 4 years to get to us. NASA and some other scientists have come up with a theoretical warp drive system that could make that trip much shorter by way of neat little loopholes in physics. Problem: It requires the manufacture of a substance that is currently not possible of ever being made according to current ideas of the periodic table of elements and physics.

So these aliens are able to travel to Earth using vastly greater technology than we have, and we are currently in the process of creating basic cloaking technology. Their civilization would have already perfected it and made it so small and easily usable, there ships should be literally undetectable to all form of sight, sound, and any form of recording technology short of high powered heat sensors. Heat is one of the hardest things to hide. Basically they would displace heat and air as their only signature they were ever there. Even then, they would be hella hard to detect.

In addition, they would already of perfected AI technology that would automate all the basic process of their ship, such that accidents of dropping their cloak just wouldn't happen without severe damage to the ship, which would be composed of self healing metals and super advanced nanomachine repair systems.

And thats just extrapolating from the tech that's in its infancy on Earth. Who knows what the fuck else they have on those ships we are hundreds of years away from dreaming up.
>>
>>17770506
The entire alien debate falls apart with arguments like these, so why do we still believe in aliens?
>>
>>17770506
Since I ran out of room, basically, every supposed alien sighting, every crashed UFO, all of it so utterly unrealistic to the ways in which they would so astoundingly advanced compared to us it should be obvious that the things are the product of ignorant humans and their imaginations.

Roswell, with its "so advanced" mylar and balsa wood and clearly the made up nonsense of 1950s humans with no ability to conceive of even modern ipad style tech.

The aliens not being in super advanced spacesuits that combine an exosuit and the basic life support systems of everyday life complete with star trek style projected screens, that we are literally only a few years away from having, that show all the controls and various stats for it.

UFOs are the creation of ignorant humans from the 1950s projecting their supposedly future tech onto otherworldly boogeymen and the modern UFO movement is still beholden to the very common tropes and tech levels from this time.

That's why UFOS and Aliens are considered bunk and a laughing stock. They don't even approach our modern movies in futuristic tech.
>>
>>17770512
It depends on what you mean. The possibility for ET is absolutely there, but with that being said until some discovery is made there is no justification for active beleif. Like the other anon mentioned some "building blocks" for love have been found in space , but nothing last that so far
>>
>>17770506
Let's say aliens are evacuating their world and they have spaceships that go 10% of light speed.
That would be more "realistic."
>>
>>17770506
Maybe they show themselves just to fuck with us?

>hey bob, imma turn the cloaking off
>wtf ted, we're right over a city!
>I know, it will be fucking hilarious
>...do it
>DOIN IT
people on the ground start taking pics like mad, freaking out "OMG!". It causes a stir. people argue, calling each other crazy. they come up with every conceivable explanation they can.
>ted, that was genius
>ayy lmao
>>
>>17770545
If aliens were that way it would certainly explain many religions
>>
File: image.jpg (472 KB, 803x931) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
472 KB, 803x931
>>17770286

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionary_history_of_life#Outline
>The earliest evidence for life on Earth is graphite found to be a biogenic substance in 3.7 billion-year-old metasedimentary rocks discovered in western Greenland[8]

Graphite is composed of sheets of graphene stacked on top of each other, with oxygen intercalated between the layers and various oxygen-containing molecules attached to the edges.

Graphene isn't hard like a diamond, and it degrades by oxidation into graphite. Secondary products of this oxidation would be various hydrocarbons - oil, natural gas and coal. All of these fuels are thought to come from fossilized plants - and graphene can be synthesized from glucose;

>http://pubs.rsc.org/en/Content/ArticleLanding/2014/SC/C4SC01950D
>Large-scale production of high-quality graphene using glucose and ferric chloride

Any organism that synthesized graphene would share many processes with plants, and may be the ancestor from whom plants inherited their genes. It should be noted that iron and other metals used as catalysts in graphene synthesis are regular contaminants of oil.

Life left no hard, fossil evidence for billions of years. Only in the last billion years did life put a significant amount of oxygen into the atmosphere, and lo and behold that's when we start seeing hard fossils.

As well, we can predict the kind of hard substances graphene-based life would left behind - life excretes similar ores to what it eats. Celestite, fluorite, forsterite and cuprite - the hard fossils of the original lifeform.

According to the PAH world hypothesis, stacks of carbon hexagons function as molds for RNA. This leads into the RNA world hypothesis. The nucleobases of life (ACGUT) are made from carbon hexagons with nitrogen and oxygen atoms in place of some of the carbon atoms. The PNA world hypothesis suggests that peptide nucleic acid emerged before DNA/RNA, and it's backbone - AEG - has been found in cyanobacteria.
>>
>>17770543
Let's bump that to 20 since I found an article talking about that speed. 20% of lightspeed would take them 20 years. That's 20 years in the cold dark emptiness of space with nothing but your tiny little ship.

But the worlds around Alpha Centauri are blasted or freezing hellholes unfit for life. So let's go with the nearest earth like planet. That one is located 14 light years away. At 20% the speed of light, it would take them 70 years to travel here. If they've perfected Genetic Engineering, that would be at least a third to half their lifetime, assuming comparable human lifespans. Unfortunately Genetic Engineering is going to run into a massive problem of degradation of their DNA or analog that's going to be near impossible to remove, and would make their life spans longer but not immortal. It's basically a race against cancer and all the things that damage DNA or whatever analog they have for it.

Cryonic stasis is out the window as it's basically pure pseudoscience.

They could make Generation ships, but the things would be massive and run into all kinds of engineering issues for manufacture, assembly, and then use. And would be massively obvious.

Basically, no matter what angle you tackle the problem from, aliens and UFOs are just plain unrealistic.

We would be seeing an Independence Day style invasion with their super tech, and unlike the movie, we would fail.
>>
File: BearTableComputer[1].jpg (57 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
BearTableComputer[1].jpg
57 KB, 300x225
>>17770506
Let's take being able to travel excess of the speed of a fast bird in the hollow logs commonly reported. The nearest large caves are in Jellystone, located 2 bird days away. At the speed of a bird it would take 2 days to get here from there. Groundhogs and some other rodents have come up with a theoretical hole system that could make it much shorter via a theoretical mudsliding system. Problem: it requires more poop than all the bears can shit in the woods in a lifetime.

So these humans are able to travel to the woods using vastly greater technology than we have and we are currently in the process of creating some basic cave technology. Their civilization would have already perfected it and made it so small and easily usable, there caves should be literally indestructible to all form of claws, bellowing and any form of gnawing technology short of giant noses/whiskers. Smell is one of the hardest things to hide. Basically they would smell like butt as their only signature they were ever there. Even then, they would be hella hard to eat.

In addition, they would already of perfected wolf slave technology that would automate all the basic process of their hollow trees, such that accidents of shitting where they eat just wouldn't happen without severe damage to the tre, which would be composed of honey-soaked bark and super advanced beehive systems.

And thats just extrapolating from the tech that's in its infancy in the woods. Who knows what the fuck else they have on those ships we are hundreds of years away from dreaming up.

Basically, every supposed human sighting, every crashed hollow tree, all of it so utterly unrealistic to the ways in which they would so astoundingly advanced compared to us it should be obvious that the things are the product of ignorant grizzlies and their imaginations.
>>
File: lol.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
lol.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>17770608
Clever. I give a 6/10, but thats because Im Russia in the Olympics and I grade on a hard curve.
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 564x747) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 564x747
>>17770589

The ability of PNA to survive high temperatures is critical, because to make the best use of graphene entails lots of waste heat. There's no point in having super-strong bones and muscles if you denature the genes that produce and maintain them.

The black fungus on the Chernobyl reactor isn't unique in it's use of gamma rays - all fungi carry the genes required to photosynthesize with gamma rays. Graphene is itself black, and the metal catalysts would probably appear black - CrO2 is black itself, and the reds, blues and greens of the chromium, copper, magnesium and nickel respectively would probably create a black, sticky blood.

Amanita mushrooms contain unusually high amounts of vanadium - another required catalyst. Amanitin alpha can survive high temperatures as well - a vestige of an ancestoral, high-temperature biochemistry.

Amanita muscaria is suggested by Gordon Wasson to be the active ingredient in the Soma drink. Vedic legend says that the white Moon god Soma, and Indra, the king of the gods, tricked the Asura out of the amrita they helped stir from the ocean of milk.

Soma is not only the moon, but also the blood, and the ocean, and indeed everything. His moon aspect was absorbed into Chandra, and his warrior aspect was absorbed into Indra. His white skin resembles the white flesh of Amanita mushrooms - his hair may have been imagined to be red like the muscaria cap. Conflation of the various amanita mushrooms with one another wouldn't have been beyond bronze age primitives.

Spiders don't use melanin, unlike every other lifeform on Earth. Instead they use guanine, which appears white, along with structual pigments. Michael Harner has spoken of black specks from outer space, and Harald Kautz-Vella has explicitly spoken of black spiders attempting to take over our bodies.

The 'true form' of the aliens is a black goo, composed of graphene and metal catalysts.
>>
Let's ask the really important questions.

What are some good movies about aliens?
I've watched everything available on netflix so far.
>>
>>17770720
Independence Day: for some silly American hurrah with plenty of boom and simplistic drama.
Earth Girls Are Easy: Silly comedy, very b movie.
Invasion of the Body Snatchers: 1974 version
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

I just wanted to make the start of the list about Jeff Goldblum

Enemy Mine: because its an amazing cult classic that doesn't get enough love.
The Man who Fell to Earth: for 1970s Bowie as an alien
Fifth Element: do I really need to explain this?
They Live: Rowdy Roddy Piper as the main star, what could go wrong? Also, the most real fistfight you will ever see in movies.
Mars Attacks!: Ack ack ack Ackack Ack

Id try looking up scifi or extraterristail movies on Imdb to get a better list.
>>
>>17770589

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
>>
>>17770506
At that technological level they would most likely be able to at least temporarily hide their heat signatures by using advanced heat sinks.
>>
File: image.jpg (275 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
275 KB, 640x640
>>17770745

Here are all my essays;

>http://freetexthost.com/xr0alni1rd
>Alchemical Diamond bodies

>http://freetexthost.com/k6pbnqohhm
>Universe creation

>http://freetexthost.com/pvk1bh2tq3
>The Mathematics of Soma body mechanics

>http://freetexthost.com/uxjrfxfytp
>Quantum State transfer

>http://freetexthost.com/cvi4kku6aq
>Soma and Buddhism

I sincerely think I'm getting this information from my genetic memory. Some of my ancestors came from the East, and the Tocharians, Mongols, Huns and Magyar all shall many particulars of religion and culture.

My goal is to awaken others to their ancesteral memories, and join with them to create an alchemical society. The first step is to get all this published - you input is welcome and appreciated, and I'm looking for partners.

You can contact me at [email protected].
>>
>>17770680
so like the xfiles
>>
>>17770857
I also enjoy them, remember reading the diamond bodies
>>
>>17770608
/thread
>>
>>17770250
no, but I think we can all agree that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about
>>
>>17770250
>would never allow themselves to get caught
Why would they care if they "got caught" or someone saw them? Why should they hide? That's like you or I going for a stroll in the woods and hiding from squirrels. Sure, you might hide if you wanted to capture a squirrel, but for the most part, squirrels are irrelevant to our purposes and we just stroll on whether they've seen us or not.
>>
>>17770281
Poo in loo?
>>
not if they work with the government
>>
>>17770453
>certainly not for most
Why not, retard?
>>
>>17770506
>>17770512
>>17770545
>>17770543
>>17770746
do yall think ayy lamos have PCs powerful enough to run Ark Survival at 60fps on max settings all the time on a full server?
>>
i think ETs are interdimensional/hallucinated beings. my reasoning for this is because i think that once a race gets advanced enough it will have zero interest in exploring the stars but instead their own minds/brains. they'll use tech to make their brains more powerful and also use tech to use said brain to it's fullest potential. not levitation or anything like that but instead hyper realistic, artificially induced hallucinations that give you all the sensations of the physical world without being consciously in it. you'll be the god of your subjective world. you can travel through other dimensions (or hallucinate them, however you see it) you can induce enlightenment experiences, create your own universes, destroy those universes, you can even choose to forget you're an alien for a bit and be convinced that you're a human shitposting on /x/.
>>
>>17771430
"ET sightings" would just be little hints at what your existential nature truly is.
>>
>>17770506
So basically they have better dank memes. Fuck man, we are far behind.
>>
>>17771148
>That's like you or I going for a stroll in the woods and hiding from squirrels.

Or maybe it's more like hunters hiding from deer, or turkey to ambush them. Or like documentary film crews and scientists hiding from the wildlife they are filming/studying.

You are also assuming that if they exist, it's us and them. We would currently be of absolute minimal threat to them and their existence, but other alien civilizations may also exist, and some of them may be on a comparable, or even more advanced level of development than that other civilization.

Our own physicists and astronomers are beginning to seriously discuss and write about the feasibility and necessity of trying to hide our own existence from any intelligent beings who may be out there. This is because we would be completely at the mercy of any capable of actually traveling to our solar system.

If you'll remember the history of civilizations on Earth making contact with lesser developed cultures, things never worked out too well for the less developed ones. In fact contact for them usually turned out to be catastrophic in some way or another. That is humans dealing with members of their own species, where the gap between them isn't insurmountably wide.

Now imagine a level 1 or higher civilization, of a completely alien species making contact with us. We would very likely end up royally fucked by it, even if their intentions were peaceful and benevolent. Considering that the one sufficiently intelligent species that we know to exist and be capable of higher thought, and technological advancement, didn't get to where it is by being peaceful and benevolent, I think it's a better bet to assume that any others that may exist probably didn't either. They, like us, would have evolved in an environment where life is typically short and brutal, that exists in a Universe that is actively trying to kill them, hence the need to bother developing a civilization in the first place.
>>
>>17770743
Great list, but how could you possible forget Alien/Aliens, and Predator? Maybe Pitch Black, and Starship Troopers too. Aliens don't necessarily have to be more intelligent than us, to fuck us up completely.

I'd also recommend Alien Nation and District 9.
Of course in the
>>
>>17771459
>feasibility and necessity of trying to hide our own existence from any intelligent beings who may be out there
I think it's too late now. Recorded human history goes back to 6000 years ago and look how much we have achieved so far. Now think about what if we were another 6000, 1 million yers early, where would we be now? Where would dinosaurs be now if they weren't extinct and evolved into intelligent forms? The point is that once intelligence happens it takes negligible (space) time to achieve outstanding technology, so any alien slight earlier than us already far beyond our comprehesion. To our luck, any interstellar force would have absolute no need for whatever resource we have in Earth, aside from anthropologic data. So either (1) they don't exist (remote) (2) they exist, but FTL interstellar travel is simply impossible no matter how advanced you are and we will never meet them (3) we are already a reservation, just like modern day uncontacted tribes.
>>
>>17770271
herself. shes post op now
>>
>>17770393
it's just simple clicks, question. what language is that
>>
>>17770250
no because sometimes aliens like to have a little fun hehe
>>
File: 1456018172526.gif (4 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1456018172526.gif
4 MB, 720x480
>>17770589
This is a really interesting read, and I think that the thread deserves a bump.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.