[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not a conspiracy: Google records what you say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 17
File: google_cctv_camera.jpg (24 KB, 393x252) Image search: [Google]
google_cctv_camera.jpg
24 KB, 393x252
https://history.google.com/history/audio

Just go to the URL above and see for yourself.

I know this may be more of tech issue but since you fags on here think this stuff is a conspiracy I thought I'd post it here and show you it's fully real.

They record what you say and it's saved in files at your account to improve the voice search function (supposedly).
>>
>>17769877
Stuff like this ha been going on for a while. I worked at an AT&T call center for a while. The higher up managers had to deactivate Siri on their iPhones. Everything you said to her was supposedly recorded and sent back to apple.
>>
>>17769877
Do you know what is the real shock?

The number of people who actually give a shit.

And the number of people too scared to do anything about it.
>>
Log into your acct and looks at privacy location and manage activity. How is that for scary? Kinda makes you want the flip phone back, eh?
>>
>>17769877

>Not a conspiracy
Okay good.

>you fags on here think this stuff is a conspiracy
Well we did until you said it wasn't, but now we do again

FUCK! Make up your mind senpai!
>>
>Not a conspiracy
Not /x/. >>>/g/
>>
>>17769877
I was wondering why nothing was coming up then I realized I have no sim card.

I have nobody to call so I just use it for home wifi and that's it. Ghosting the system.
>>
Putting on my tinfoil hat for this one.
>>
File: 1465050200569.jpg (85 KB, 640x750) Image search: [Google]
1465050200569.jpg
85 KB, 640x750
>>17769877
>they fell for the smartphone meme
>>
File: 4943.png (362 KB, 525x838) Image search: [Google]
4943.png
362 KB, 525x838
>>
>>17770273
Oh fuck man
>>
File: 1450735957614.png (6 KB, 356x480) Image search: [Google]
1450735957614.png
6 KB, 356x480
>>17769877
>>
File: sketty.png (7 KB, 773x209) Image search: [Google]
sketty.png
7 KB, 773x209
>>17769877
honestly dont remember this at all
>>
Haha good, it's only so old handshake can make an ai God anyway.
Win/win make God, books become true, global control. Yawn.
>>
>>17771033
Do that backwards
>3301
>777 God trips
>1 - number of comments to guess correct agenda
>>
>>17770814
Woah there lucy take your damned souls before you go full on crazy
>>
>>17771039
You didn't know you're immortal, keep waiting for the message, or maybe you didn't make the draft.
>>
The Jews can only hide so much, not really Jews if you ask me, more like teachers, and depending on your "class" you learn so much.
>>
>>17770031

Can I suck your big juicy cock? :)
>>
>>17769915
This.

>Edward Snowden shows exactly what the NSA and Faceberg have been up to
>Everyone is shocked
>They share it on Faceberg

Humanity is lost. It's interesting to consider the Snowden leaks were purely a conspiracy themselves so people would self-censor themselves, let's be honest who the fuck even knew who he was before the leaks came to light? No one cares anymore because they're too concerned with what bathroom a man in a dress is using and other benign things that useful idiots like to push. Welcome to 1984

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/meetdocs/2009_2014/documents/libe/dv/11_revframework_statute_/11_revframework_statute_en.pdf
>>
>>17769877
I have mine switched off on my phone so it has no history.
/shrug
>>
>>17770273
Black Jesus and the owl??
>>
>>17769877
Every listing on my account is just "what song is this"

So spooky
>>
>>17769877
That's what you get for using a service when you didn't even read the EULA
If you are apathetic enough to not read terms of service then it is your fault
>>
>>17770817
>>>/pol/
>>
>>17771150
>the owls are not what they seem
srsly though, don't trust owls
http://www.wheredidtheroadgo.com/show-archive/2013/item/101-mike-clelland-owls-and-the-ufo-phenomenon-12-21-13
>>
>3:45am
>it's a weird scraping noise for a few seconds

Spook'd
>>
>>17769877
It was turned off by default. Pretty spooky shit there senpai.

Why do you even care? Where do people get such massive egos to think billionaires actually give a shit what they're doing on the internet?
>>
File: You'reOkay.gif (76 KB, 234x116) Image search: [Google]
You'reOkay.gif
76 KB, 234x116
>>17770268
This. To hell with the Iphone whatever-the-fuck.
>>
>>17769915
Have you met the average American? They care more about their physical possession than anything that could be considered immaterial or virtual.

If I went to a top college and asked around campus, most people would probably say google is only in the search engine and advertising businesses. It takes all of 2 seconds to go onto Wikipedia and see that they have R&D and a ton of smaller enterprises. People are too lazy or busy to educate themselves.

That said, I would rather support google rather than companies like Koch Industries (who practically bankroll my states legislature).
>>
>>17771341
It's not only Americans, globalization has made it possible for different countries to think and act the same way, making it easier for the elite to control the population.
>>
>check page
>nothing
>oh wait I paused activity of all the shit I don't need fuckever ago

there's corporations spying and stealing your info, then there's your average joe who just discovered a new page on his account settings
>>
File: Google Auidio.png (227 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Google Auidio.png
227 KB, 1366x768
Big surprise here.
>>
>linking your phone number, mail, facebook, phone, and everything else and all social media ever together
Jesus fuck, you people basically asked for it.
>>
>>17771636
>only you can see this data

Thanks God, Violation of privacy and getting into other people accounts it's nothing.

Let's go tell that, to all of that celebrities that got their phones hijacked then.
>>
>>17769877
you aren't a smart cookie OP
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Voice_Search

they aren't recording everything you say idiot, they use your voice searches when you use your android's google powered bootleg cortana to better transcribe your garbled gutter speak.
>>
>>17771752
>Bootleg Cortana
Which is a bootleg of Siri xbot
>>
>>17771752
Except that when you enable the service it even tells you that it needs permission to listen all the time so it will trigger when you say "OK Google." If we know that, and we know that they record all the commands you make, it isn't a big leap to assume they are able to record everything you say. If they do, then they just don't post the rest of it where you can see it.

Of course, there is the off-chance that google could be ethical and not working with intelligence services to keep tabs on the populace. Wouldn't that be a nice change of pace?

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
>>
>>17771636
Are you using Windows 95?
>>
>>17771314
>not understanding how marketing works
>>
>>17771314
Say for example, Google and Facebook learn things about you that nobody else knows, habits, things you like, etc, and they use that to, in a way, control you. They know how your mind works, so they can tell you what to like, what to hate, what to buy, what to believe in. That's why things like this are scary, not because we think Obama is gonna be watching us while we shower.
>>
>>17771653
"hijacked"
>>
>>17772177
>they can tell you what to like, what to hate

What have they told you to like? What have they told you to hate?

>what to buy

The delusional idiots in this thread playing at being innawoods off-gridders and/or ascetic monks who have sworn off all material things consider this a bad thing. Normal people, who have hobbies and hygiene needs, appreciate relevant offers.

>what to believe in

What have they told you to believe in?
>>
>>17771641
It doesn't help when they're pretty much strong-arming you into it.
>>
>>17771791
OK Google doesn't work on most phones unless the google app is open

>>17772525
Just get a flip phone. Or just don't use social media, use your phone as a phone
>>
>Clicky link
>Nothing listed there
Me: 1
Google SkyNet : 0
>>
>>17772559
My response here is the same as the facebook thread. I already do this, but not everyone else does.
>>
>>17769877
Gotta analyze everything to boil it down to make more personalized ads. Amazon even makes people pay to do it with that dumb cylinder thing
>>
>>17772579
Then you aren't being strong-armed into it, you're safe, and there was no need to reply
>>
>>17769877
It's not showing me. Just a description of what it is.
>>
>>17772604
It's everyone else in general. My family and friends, yours. They will be spied on, and be too apathetic to care.
>>
>>17770273
Saint Moses the Black, Walt Disney and the owl
>>
It's in the terms and conditions. Who gives a shit. It's not like they're hiding it from anybody - you have to literally consent to give up your data by creating a Google account.
>>
>>17770268
>>17771329
>not having the most useful tool in history
>>
I haven't had a smartphone in 3 years and only use my cheap walmart house phone. feels good
>>
>>17772679
I'd still have my old Nokia phone if it wasn't for my parents forcing me to buy a smartphone.

Thankfully all of the settings are off, I guess it helps living on some irrelevant island in the middle east
>>
>>17769877
>>17770273
Fuck it, I'm not even gonna try and fight this. Just gonna be the good ol boy they want us to be.
Go to school, get a job, drink Starbucks, buy new Smartphones, watch the news, listen to top 40, go to bed early, vote for the two parties, get married, buy a house, have kids, send them to school, mow my green lawn with my white picket fence, work obediently until I die.

Just be a normie schmuck, no individuality or dissent.
>>
>>17772521
>Neckbeard if you don't like targeted advertising.
Ok just wait for the day when audio spotlights are used on you while you shop at the store.

Total shill and/or retard,
>>
File: emo pain.gif (800 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
emo pain.gif
800 KB, 400x400
>>17773015
>le ebin 'social stability is bad' maymay

Literally nobody is stopping you from collecting neetbux to pay for an apartment with nothing in it except a tower and your piss bottles. Nobody is making you have friends or a family to notice that you've died. Nobody is stopping you from watching Chinese cartoons 25/8 and convincing yourself that this makes you MORE enlightened than the sheeple who watch world news. Nobody is stopping you from writing David Icke in 4 prez if it moves you. You are free to be the unlikable, useless piece of shit you crave to be in your heart, so quit this bullshit about how persecuted are because you saw an ad for Tenga eggs after getting rejected by a trap on /pol/ one time.
>>
>>17772101
The tray icons look like Windows 7; anon is just using that shitty theme for some reason (could be remote desktop or virtual machine)
>>
>>17773053
It's the lack of freedom and creativity in the "normie" life that's the main problem. There's no need to go to the other extreme to avoid it. IMO it's best to pick and choose. Of the list of normieisms anon mentioned, I'd say about half are worth keeping.

>a job
That is not one of them. Neither is neetbux, at least in the US (where it's hard to get neetbux anyway). Self-employment ftw.

>white picket fence
That's a matter of taste. They really aren't all that prevalent from what I've seen. But yeah, white picket fencers are assholes. Chain link, please. But you do need something to keep jerks from imposing themselves on your property.
>buy a house
Renting sucks a bag of cocks, so yes. Just make sure the payment is affordable. Buy new, and sell before the place starts to break down so you don't get killed with surprise expenses.
>>
>>17772656

What does it do that a desktop cant?

You know when I go out I don't want to stare at a phone for any reason but basic messaging...

...why are you such a virgin?
>>
File: nokia_100.jpg (23 KB, 500x417) Image search: [Google]
nokia_100.jpg
23 KB, 500x417
>>17772656
>>17773108
>desktop

But anon, not having a smartphone doesn't mean you have to use a desktop.

pic related

I've had this since mid 2012 and it's the best phone I had, it's still fully functional. All others have just broken down after 1-2 years.
>>
File: 4941.png (418 KB, 508x838) Image search: [Google]
4941.png
418 KB, 508x838
>>
>>17773108
maybe the fact that a smartphone is portable you dumb cunt.
>>
Sheep keep their heads down.
>>
>>17773730
neets aren't sheep
>>
>>17770814
Seek help sempai! Some people do need some meds sometimes. This person is you, and this time is now. God Bless.
>>
File: NOH1qzkdgl.png (1 MB, 1110x810) Image search: [Google]
NOH1qzkdgl.png
1 MB, 1110x810
>>17773741
>neets aren't sheep

Point taken, sheep are useful.
>>
>>17772101
Windows 7 with classic theme master race.
>>
>>17773814
my nigga, if only you were also using internet explorer
>>
Right, but there's nothing there?
>>
>>17773053
Okay reading that back now, i realize that made me come off as a deepweb-browsing, redditing weeaboo, NEET, but that isn't what I meant, and none of the stuff you posted applies to me.
My main point was that somewhere down the line, we will have no privacy left and no one will care because it "keeps us safe". We already post our whole lives on facebook and twitter, if you were every accused of anything they could go back and look through that and scrutinize everything you have ever done.
That is my fear.

And its not like I even do anything that bad, but everyone breaks the law somewhat frequently whether they know it or not. We have shit like red light traffic cams which aren't there to keep people safe, but to raise revenue.

>>17773097
I didn't mean all were bad, I just was trying to paint a mental picture of that kinda average, regular "sheeple" (god I hate that word, but it works) life. Doing the same thing day in and day and having dbag Chad and Stacy for kids, coming home and watching Modern Family, that would kill me. It seems like people that lead that life aren't happy.

Idk guys, just seems like they want us docile so we can keep buying useless shit we don't need.
>>
File: Adama.jpg (108 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Adama.jpg
108 KB, 800x450
>>17769915
Sadly, THIS....

I've tried telling friends, family- no one cares.
I wear my tinfoil hat alone. At least, a rooted, and properly configured Android can be controlled. Thanks, for the link, OP.

If /x/ understood the depth of it...
WINDOWS 10 is WORSE.
>>
>>17775632
This
>>
>>17774647
>We already post our whole lives on facebook on twitter

Stop doing that. That's a choice you made. You're scared that one day it will be illegal not to overshare on Twitter? That the police will come into your home and hold a gun to your head until you've written your daily 140 characters of venting about your SO's picky eating habits?

>We have shit like red light traffic cams

Is it more reassuring or less reassuring to you that those cameras will be made obsolete by self-driving vehicles?

>It seems like people that lead that life aren't happy

Having been accused of living a life of mirthless denial by both suburban stereotypes and gentoo privacy beardos, I can tell you that the least happy people are the ones who've decided on other people's behalf that they are unhappy.

>just seems like they want us docile so we can keep buying useless shit we don't need

Yes, I'm fucking triggered right now. This wannabe punk rock horseshit drives me up a wall.

Humans aren't microbes. We have needs besides sunlight and water. We need stimulation. We need fun. We need relaxation. We need to express ourselves. Even the monks who - unlike you, you hypocrite - have sworn off a great deal of material things STILL do crafts and writing in service of their spiritual beliefs. Your disinterest in other people's pursuits doesn't make those pursuits useless. They think your hobbies are dumb, too.
>>
I am afraid of a future algorithm wich may target me as a threat just because of my believes, way of thinking or anything personal as that.
>>
>>17776851
Google can already kill you if they want to. There's a very small device in the earpiece of every Android phone produced after 2011. It launches a little nanobot into your ear canal when activated, preprogrammed to fuck all kinds of shit up in your brain until you get an aneurism or stroke. It's only a matter of time before they let their AI decide when to pull the trigger.
>>
>>17771224
I think you're missing the point. It means Googleberg can listen in on you whenever they want
>>
>>17776950
>not setting your phone to disable data connection while not in use to save power
>>
>>17776895
Man in 20 years the guns that the police have in psycho pass may be a thing. Not being able to have any bad thoughts is just a fucked up thing to imagine.
>>
>>17769877
We did this to ourselves. We bought it, hook line and sinker. Not just the technology to make this possible, the entire lifestyle to ease the monitoring of our commercial worth.
>>
File: lol.png (26 KB, 1366x457) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
26 KB, 1366x457
sure, OP. nice way to lie
>>
>>17777127
>being this naive
>>
>>17776350
not that guy but:

you can stop posting about yourself, but your friends and family will still post about you. you can delete social media but that won't stop them from typing your name in a post. you'd have to ask them all, some repeatedly, not to post about you online. if you have very understanding and/or like-minded loved ones, they'll do it without creating a bunch of drama about it. a lot of them will forget or think you're silly and they'll just do it anyway.

or you'd just have to just not be a part of anybody's life, so they have nothing about you to post. just ghost on the outskirts of your relationships. or only associate with other people who don't use social media. which could be done I suppose.
>>
>>17773015
It seems like this whole problem boils down to "I'm too special to do that."

Don't worry guys, you'll probably get over yourselves someday!
>>
>>17769877
So this happends when you use google voice search?

I'm sure google will find all my swearing at google voice search for interupting my music even when my phone is locked very usefull.
>unlock your phone if you want to use google search
>>NOBODY WANTS TO USE GOOGLE SEARCH YOU PIECE OF SHIT PHONE STOP INTERUPTING MY MUSIC EVERY FUCKING MINUTE

I'm glad they fixed that bug btw
>>
>>17769877
It's Google (and others) using the fact that users are naive and take the tech for granted.

If users really took a moment to think about this stuff, they would read the terms & conditions and dive a bit deeper into how it actually works. But most assume it will be "fine".
>>
>>17777816
IT-er here
can confirm
Bullshitting customers in order to appear more appealing then the other companies or to hide facts that you fucked up as an IT-er happends literally everywhere in this industry
>>
>>17777777
>>
File: youkeepusingthatword.jpg (34 KB, 640x352) Image search: [Google]
youkeepusingthatword.jpg
34 KB, 640x352
>>17769877
>conspiracy
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

A "conspiracy" is a collaboration of individuals to plot some action. A "conspiracy theory" is the (often paranoid) supposition that a secret conspiracy is taking place, often for sinister purposes. To confuse "conspiracy" with "theory" is to misunderstand which word means what.

If you are saying Google is secretly recording you, you are suggesting that there is, in fact, a conspiracy.
>>
>>17778138
I don't even bother correcting people most of the time with this mistake.

But in a similar vain, is it a conspiracy if everyone knows it's happening? I think everyone knows it's going on to some degree. It's like connecting the word conspiracy at all to something immediately weakens it as a credible argument in the eyes of most people.

Hidden in plain site sort of thing.
>>
>>17778239
*sight
>>
>>17769900
That ones pretty basic though, it's done to help Apple get a sense of what people ask, allowing them to better configure Siri in future phones
>>
>>17777711
This
>>
>>17773027
Nice conveniently ignoring most of his comment.
>>
File: wtf.jpg (80 KB, 1017x714) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
80 KB, 1017x714
>>17770022
>https://history.google.com/history/audio

WTF, I just checked mine and it says I've been to the top of this mountain, which is like 8+ hours from where I live and I've never been there in my life, let alone with a smart phone (haven't even left my city since I've had one, as you can see).. System glitch I suppose, but very strange..
>>
>>17779659
Obviously you're from an alternate universe where you really did climb that mountain. It's impossible that Google's evil conspiracy software could make a MISTAKE.
>>
>>17776350
>Stop doing that. That's a choice you made. You're scared that one day it will be illegal not to overshare on Twitter?

It already is in a way. A large percentage of jobs that qualify as "not shit" use social media to evaluate potential hires. Don't have any? Too bad, that means you're a weirdo anti-social type not suited for the culture of corporation xyz.
>>
This is literally your voice search history, as in you fucking hit the record button before any of these recordings go on the internet
>>
>>17780209
B-b-but muh corporate boogeymen!
>>
>>17780194
>it already is in a way
>proceeds to give an example of a completely optional scenario

If the job wasn't shit, anon, they wouldn't make you use Facebook.
>>
>>17780252
>having a job is optional

The problem is that the shit jobs are the ones that don't make you use social media. Good, better, and best jobs usually require background checks which these days include social media. Not having a Facebook specifically is a huge red flag on these things.
>>
>>17770194
tinfoil wont help you with your retardation
>>
>>17779571
his comment was retarded. advertisements are fucking gay
>>
>>17780267
Self-employment. Now stop pretending that the gub'mint is making it illegal for you to disregard Facebook.
>>
I don't know why you think that I should know what you think?
How can I answer all those questions you guys have if I don't know if you are asking them.

Please be more specific so I can find proper response before is too late, other vise nobody will get the answer
and that will be sad ending to this phenomenal conversation about records of out meeting on this thread.
Please hurry up, time is running out
>>
>>17772656
a device that turns people into facebook vegetables
>most useful tool in history
that's some supremely egregious shillery right there
>>
>>17780558
The device doesn't turn people into anything, it just reveals what they already were. You can choose not to be an idiot, you know.
>>
>>17780803
>it just reveals what they already were.
They? I think you mean we. And yes it further reveals the exploitable nature of people, that doesn't mean it's right to do so.
>>
>>17780948
Yes, I mean we, but that could and has been said of almost any 'modern' device.
>>
>>17780959
OK. But what I'm saying is just because it can be done doesn't excuse the people doing it.

Frankly I'm tired of hearing the 'it's our fault' argument in regards to many aspects of modern life because the people who propagate it the most also happen to be the people profiting most. It's our fault when it comes to blame "their" infinite wisdom when it comes to taking credit.
>>
>>17771233
>>>/reddit/
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.