[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sweat Lodges: How Do They Effect Conciousness?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: sweat lodge.jpg (10 KB, 236x157) Image search: [Google]
sweat lodge.jpg
10 KB, 236x157
I'll be living in a tent in Arizona soon (not homeless, i'll be in my moms backyard) and i was wondering if anyone here knows anything about how heat/sweating effect consciousness?

To anyone with experience or knowledge on the subject it would be greatly appreciated to hear your thoughts.
>>
your sweat will evaporate before it accumulates so you wont notice it.
>>
>>17766971

just drink lots of water, beer, tea and coffe will make you pee more and you lose what you need to keep, so keep it simple
>>
I use a blanket to sweat for like an hour every morning. I have no scientific basis but it makes me feel pure/detoxed.

I also smoke an absurd amount of weed, and it helps me be less cranky without smoking. I think.
>>
In Finland we have hottest saunas, 100-120c aka boiling hot.

It can relax but nothing more. Unless you are stupid and stay in for hours without drinking
>>
>>17767230
you're under two layers of stupid

>>17766971
it's just kind of like simulating a long hike or exhausting activity, feels great when you get out of it and go wading in a cool lake.
>>
Phoenix local here, born and raised.
While my friends and i were on a lot of drugs, we used to chat about super-specifics of science and things like we were knowledgable but I'd like to think we were on the right track -
Here's my point, My friend mentioned to me once that there is a general temperature at which the proteins in your body and brain can begin to unravel themselves; the idea being that the function of the protein is based on how it's been wrapped ontop of itself so when they come undone(permanently) they cease to be useful at all and the function that they supported suffers.
He supposed that under our Phoenix sun, after hours and hours of walking around coming off ecstacy with barely any water was likely to "fry out" a man's brain, via the protein explanation, and that he considered the idea that this might attribute to some of his own "weirdness" (and he's quite an off fellow, for sure), since he had found himself in just the same situation, coincidentally, quite a few times.

So, maybe. the sun's hot out here, man. No joke.
>>
>>17767359
P.S. what part of Arizona will you be living in?
>>
>>17766971
they induce a delirium akin to what some have when they gave a sever fever. your sweat and lose electrolytes while your core temperature is kept higher than it should be

its actually dangerous if your malnourished or suffering from a sodium deficiency
>>
>>17767365
Bullhead City (north-west AZ)
>>
>>17767372
so if i eat pickles and drink at least a gallon of water a day i should be good?
>>
>>17767359
This makes sense, I've heard being in the sun too long causes dna damage
>>
>>17766971
Do it , its very healthy, you need to put hot stones in it and pour water on the occasionally, very healthy
Wish i could join you !!!
>>
>>17766971
Ow yeah, most iportant:
Bake your ass off naked untill you cant take it any more,
And then jump straight into icy water,
get some ice and put it in som sort of bath,

REPEAT
untill you feel reborn
>>
induces hallucinations! that's it. you can do the same with earplugs and a blindfold.
>>
File: How-Look-Good-While-Camping.jpg (118 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
How-Look-Good-While-Camping.jpg
118 KB, 1024x683
>>17768448
I wish you could join anon!!
>>
>>17767498
Dem pyrimidine dimers doe.
>>
>>17766971
OP, don't jump into super cold bodies of water after, this can cause a cardiac event. Cool yourself down gradually by just letting a breeze cool you down after. Evaporative cooling is based. Also, be sure to replenish electrolytes after as well as water. Nobody likes getting water drunk.
>>
I work in the hot end of a glass factory. It gets miserably hot during summer. I've skated the edge of delirium many times but thankfully haven't had anything too serious happen to me. who /swabjockey/ here?
>>
I have been in sweat lodges many times and have the opportunity to take part in sweat lodge ceremonies every week, BUT I don't because it's nothing special. It's a pitch black native american sauna, extremely hot because of how it is prepared, and is used for prayer and ritual purposes. It's very simply a pitch black sauna in a shitty hut but the purpose of it for the culture goes a lot deeper than that. I'll say this, after being in there for too long you start to feel like you are somewhere else, similar feeling to sensory deprivation tanks
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.