[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sleep paralysis thread? Sleep paralysis thread. Share your encounters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
Sleep paralysis thread? Sleep paralysis thread. Share your encounters and such.

>Be me reading the bible as a story, not trying to find scriptures in the old testament
>Get drowsy so I put away bible and lay down on my back to go to sleep
>'awaken' to see the whole room around me but can't move
>Feel evil presence, but don't see anything
>Finally wake up convinced that I've had a run-in with a real, live demon
>Convinced of this for years

Fast forward to 3 weeks ago
>Finally sleeping after a night of having fun with Molly
>Morning time
>Have an arched doorway by bed covered up by sheet for a little privacy
>'awaken' to the feeling of not being able to move
>'look over' to see Hat Man standing in doorway with his silhouette pressed into sheet
>Nope the hell out of sleep

Also, anyone watched The Nightmare on Netflix? It's really good.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>17763231
>be me
>go to sleep
>wake up
>can't move
>probably just spirits or something dunno
>go back to sleep
>wake up next morning
>mom pours bowl of cold water on me
>scares the shit out of me
>>
>>17763245
I would have been so fucking pissed. I turn into this definition of menace and hatred when I get woken up, but ESPECIALLY when I'm startled awake.
>>
File: carson561.jpg (47 KB, 350x486) Image search: [Google]
carson561.jpg
47 KB, 350x486
The Nightmare is really good, but I've never had any sleep experience as intense as those people have. One experience that I've had is that I was half asleep/half awake and staring at my ceiling, and I could see an opening with a stairwell and banisters above my room (this doesn't actually exist in my house). I could sense that there were people up there, and before I woke up I had an intense feeling of dread and that someone was watching me but I couldn't see them.
>>
>>17763253
I've only been cold-watered twice

I always get revenge though
I spiked my friend's cornflakes with laxatives the day after one time and he shit rivers the whole day
>>
We need a /zzzg/ - anything sleep related general. There are 3 dream threads and at least one of these fuckers around right now.
>>
>>17763263
Wonderful. My roommates are scared when I wake up. I kind of hate it, but in a way it's great because I can't stand talking to people within a half an hour of waking up.
>>
>>17763259
That sounds pretty intense. I'm glad I don't experience it very frequently. I avoid sleeping on my back at all costs.
>>
>>17763264
Although that would be nice, I'm sure that won't happen. I'm amazed there isn't a trap board yet.
>>
>>17763277
same here honestly, not a morning person at all
>>
I've had one other experience besides the other two I've described and it was pretty pleasant. Just a bunch of colored orbs.
>>
You are time is not up yet I will come back for you again said one of the shadows I love being with this shadows and I cant sleep untill I see them i feel an intense pleasure when i get too scared
>>
I love the feeling of getting scared its just awesome sleep paralysis is just like having sex for me
>>
>>17763286
I meant as a thread, for starters, with a template for the OP, like /phg/, /omg/, and /div/ have.
True shame about the trap board. We already have many degenerate boards. What's just one more?
>>
>>17763323
/slp/
>>
>>17763231
I just realized that this HatMan looks like a cover for a Dresden Files book
>>
>get sleep paralysis at least once a week since i am a kid
>now i just basically chillax until i wake up

no biggie
>>
>>17763340
He's tall as all hell. Looked like he was about 7 ft.
>>
>>17763341
I don't think I could ever just get used to it. It terrifies me. Do you have any other coping mechanisms or are there things that trigger it for you?
>>
wait i dont get it
newfag here, have experienced sleep paralysis 2 times
so it's just a very vivid nightmare, not actually being awake and halucinating?
>>
>>17763375
It's where your mind is awake and alert, but your body is asleep, but, no, as far as I'm aware your eyes are actually open.
>>
So i don't browse /x/ at all and i just accidentally came here and saw this right at the top and it triggered me.

You see when i was young i used to have a recurring nightmare where i was in the top bunk of my bunkbed couldn't move. My bedroom door was ajar and there was a man EXACTLY like in OP's pic who would just stand there.

I just stopped having them one day. Is this like one of those common phenomenons or something? What are the odds that i happened to see this thread.
>>
>>17763375
The figures are just very vivid hallucinations.
>>
>>17763381
>>17763386

yeah that's what i thought
kinda confused me because you're on your own and i've never heard anything about having other people interfering with it and confirming the statement
>>
>>17763411
Yep, a trick of the mind. Be glad at least, lol. you wouldn't want an actual pitch black red eyed entity standing over your bed
>>
>>17763434
i kept my eyes closed both times but i felt something was standing beside an watching me
before they got near me, i heard noise in the hallway
loud slow steps, dragged across the floor, approaching and getting louder
also some banging noise and something what sounded like a washing machine but in a very distorted way
those sounds stopped for short moments and when it stopped completely, the feelings of the presence and vulnerability hit me
>>
ive only had one sleep paralysis experience that i can remember, at least. i was in a dream and all of the sudden just realized that it was a dream and woke up but with the usual not being able to move stuff. i was facing my curtains and i saw a square shaped pitch-black figure crawling up them.
>>
>>17763468
Yep, if you keep your eyes closed you will probably hear/feel stuff instead of seeing it. That happened when my face was covered by the blanket.. my heart just started beating extremely fast, but that ended after the SP. It was still beating fast, but not as fast. I don't know if it was the SP that made me feel it beating that fast.. it very well could've been. it's never gone that fast before.
>>
>>17763489
i'm sure it caused it
if you keep your eyes closed, it's not like you have any idea of what's going on and you get some additional feelings of dread
still, i'd rather choose this than seing some fucking atrocity
that'd just be a fucking shock and disbelief
>>
>>17763231
My fiance used to see something similar to the hatman whenever an emotionally trying situation happened. She has seen shit all her life, but whatever this entity is, it's far worse than most other spirits
>>
>>17763532
Also, it was never during or after sleep, but in broad daylight, or early evening. She refuses to talk much on this thing, but she will say that, no matter what, it can't come inside. Would love to find out more on this sort of being
>>
>>17763540
That is a rather chilling account. This is OP and I can say that his presence felt very menacing. Luckily he didn't seem to move when I saw him, he was just kind of pressed into the sheet at the doorway.
>>
>>17763550
That's why I'm convinced that what she is seeing is different. She's seen it cross the road, even come right up to the bedroom window. It tried to attach to her after it had already done so to her ex
>>
>>17763527
I myself have had one experience besides the heartbeat thing.. I woke up and saw this shadowy figure standing over my dresser. it looked more like a creature than a human. it had red eyes that seemed to burn like fire .. and it was hunched over my bed going through my stuff. I tried to punch it but couldn't move. I felt like I still went forward though.. like my soul went forward or something. it was odd.. but then I was in my body again and I got up.
>>
>>17763560
Yeah, that seems like some sort of demonic entity. The one time I saw Hat Man though it was definitely during daylight hours. I could see his silhouette and the light filtering through the sheet from the bathroom window.
>>
More important who's this molly ;)
>>
>>17763231
>Finally wake up convinced that I've had a run-in with a real, live demon
I did. I had insomnia, it was about 4 AM listening to TV trying to fall asleep. I imagined something peculiar, seemingly out of my volition and then I became paralyzed, deaf and blind (or was I unable to open my eyes?) and a bizarre shape started contouring. However I began reciting https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Prayer and I quickly recovered.
>>
>>17763570
lol that's interesting
in my cases, i tried to remain calm since i had realized that i was trapped by paralysis
knowing that it wasn't real didn't help much
i mean, i wasn't really confident in that fact and i felt the fear anyway
>>
>>17763281
What's weird is that I usually don't have night terrors or anything like that, it might have been because I couldn't get to sleep until around 5 am.
>>
>>17763601
Yeah, it can get to you anyway. I knew what happened at the end of the first time and during the second time
>>
>>17763382
>What are the odds that i happened to see this thread.
actually high; there's at least a thread per week and usually it has either the "man with the hat" or "spooky screaming lady" as a picture.

SPs belong to /x/ like divinatio, green text stories and the like.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.