[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
telepathy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: 1464850416832.jpg (40 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1464850416832.jpg
40 KB, 512x384
How exactly does telepathy work?
> inb4 the skeptics shit on this thread
>>
>>17762575
When two people know eachother really well, we can get something that resembles telepathy. And there are digital marketing algorhitms that make ads really personal and tailored to an individual. That's about it.
>>
>>17762575
There's already a thread, dipshit.
>>
Do some research on Rupert Sheldrake and his theories of morphic resonance.
>>
>>17762575
Intuition isn't bounded by mortal coil. Intuition is actually the one thing that can't be physical about our minds.
>>
>>17762678
>>17762587
>>17762585
I meant the scientific aspects
>>17762587
Dickhead, I didn't see such a tgread up.
>>
>>17763023
"Scientific aspects"

This is why humans can't wrap their heads around things, you always seek to quantify everything.

What if you had the answer to every question ever asked but none of it fit into your current understanding of the universe?
>>
>>17763023
Basically you could never know the "scientific aspects" of telepathy because it would cause you to go insane before you understood the scientific aspects of telepathy.
>>
>>17763023
I said scientific aspects of telepathy. Psychology is a scientific field, and marketing is a part of microeconomics, which is a part of economics, and economics is also a science.
It all boils down to priming and reading cues from the other person involved.
>>
>>17763110
Psychology is a science but it is also almost entirely wrong. The mind is to the spirit and body as a converter is to alternating current and direct current.

Telepathy is like the internet and individuals are PCs
>>
>>17763023
>I didn't see such a tgread up
You didn't check either did you
>>
>>17763110
I meant telepathy as In sending signals or some shit x-men style
>>
>>17763118
Until someone reads my hidden thoughts, I stand by the claim that there is no such thing as telepathy as seen on TV.
How can a field based on the scietific method be wrong? And how is it right all the damn time? Maybe all you know about psychology comes from outdated and disputed sources, but modern psychology is right
>>
>>17763166
Hate to samefag, but just for the sake of argument, and because this thought doesn't deserve a thread of it's own.
What if psychology, and science in general, is wrong, and the only thing that does work is priming? How could one prove or disprove this if the scientific method is wrong?
>>
>>17763484
Its not that the scientific theory is wrong its just that its...used on too narrow a scope due to our basic understanding of how the universe works. Its difficult to explain.

Telepathy is indeed a thing, i can't get into specifics
>>
everything is a thought.
>>
If trees and animals release scents to tell others stuff why come we doesn't? I think telepathy would be being able to harness you pheromones or whatever.
Inb4 hurr dur urafgt
If a woman is turned on she gets wet
That's a subconscious scent trigger for m8ing. So her signal to the man
Is let's beast with 2 backs.

If you could use this to your advantage you could trigger responses you want out of people.

Is this far fetched?
>>
>>17763484
I used to suffer from anxiety and depression until my wife found me and unraveled my nerosis after years of having to hearing my thoughts half way around the world.

I was like "you sure its love and not stolkholm syndrome?"
>>
Why does paranormal shit have to be unquantifiable? And spooky?

Why can't it just be science we don't understand yet? Youd get a lot further If you looked at it like that
>>
You people realize there's been tons of people offering dickloads of money to people who can demonstrate "paranormal" abilities under carefully controlled circumstances.

No one has ever done it. They don't want those millions?

Seems like some pretty damning edevidenc right dere
>>
>>17763635
It is science. Just science that we lack the intellectual compacity to understand. We think we are the be all end all of intellect but on a cosmic scale we are two rungs of the ladder above flicking our poop and grooming each other for lice.
>>
>>17763636
Well it is if you believe your brain won't end up under a microscope after your done.

Besides its fax paus. We don't usually tell the mougles
>>
>>17763640
>above flicking our poop and grooming each other for lice
Speak for yourself! I throw shit at people sometimes.
>>17763593
You can't get into the specifics because there are none because telepathy as seen on TV doesn't exist. And I say that as a person who believes in spirits, demons, angels, fairies, magic...
>>17763636
That could be explained away as stage fright and not wanting to expose themselves. There's also the million dollar pressure. Shit, I get nervous when I'm making 100k € orders at work. But that can't rule out everyone, obviously.
>>
>>17763484
You get surprinsigly serious aroud the subject.

>>17763610
This is a good bet, we have a very developed sense of smells that gets understimated in humans cause our focusing in visual stimulus.

There's a chance that some people just developed a extrasensory perception of the electro chemical responses of the brain, long shoot but no unheard of in nature.

There was a thread around here, where an an on posted some links to recent experiments in linking the brains of labs rats, and linking the brains of human and lab rats, the old transhumanist dream.

And I have some doubts about this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistent_aura_without_infarction

Telephaty could be around the corner for all we know, some scientists have searched for it, and I'm sure that someone will invent it eventually.
>>
>>17763657
First rule about fight club, you don't talk about fight club

Second rule of fight club, you don't talk about fight club
>>
>>17763667
Someone told me I wasn't the worst tripfag around, so I turned a new leaf...
Nah, just messin' with ya. I don't know why I'm serious. I got bored of the shitposting, and the banana wasn't delicious
>>
>>17763667
I had a long talk with a neuroscientist about this whole thing a few years back.
He assured me that everything that I said was completely plausible/possible.

They hacked the brain of a mouse once and used pleasure receptors to guide it to where they wanted it to go.
Mainstream tech can also do thought to text now so that's pretty much telepathy if they can read thoughts... So who is to say they can't send thoughts into a brain?
Let say they have you read a whole book out loud while they have one of those magnet things on your head... Or have someone read to you in the same manner to see how your brain processes words? Through this we could completely spoof telepathy.

Idk I bet we have full blown thought to text messaging in the next 10 years. Maybe high level troops will get brain implants for com purposes but they'd have to be tissue based if anything because if they made them out of typical circuitry foreign Intel could reverse engineer them.

Either way it would be a really cool area of research.

Teal deer telepathy soon
>>
>>17763705
Also they have that game where you guide a ball through a maze with your mind. That's probably soft training for what's to come in the future.
>>
>>17763667
and what the fuck has weird migraine to do with it all??!
>>
>>17763705
>who is to say they can't send thoughts into a brain?
They can. I've seen a docushow some years ago where they put rods receptors of some kind on his head and told him to hold his arm still, while they jolted? him and he was forced (shortcircuited) to move his hand even though he was sending his brain signals to hold hos hand steady. It was wired, though...
But now I'm gonna go full conspiraard and say that they could do that wireless via tooth fillings or something
>>
>>17763742
Meet someone once that said, that she could see auras, she described visual snow and persistant afterimages, got curious and started to read on some of the cases related to this kind of extrasensory perception, that's how I get to know about kyrlian photography for example.

All this strange medical conditions could be related. At the time I was still studying and when they asked me, I couldn't just say the patient was seeing auras and paranormal stuff, so I just described the migraines and the visual anomalies.as scientific as possible, but the reality is that I didn't know what was happening to her.

Same problem I have with shared placebo effects, or accurate premonitions, that I'm forced to dismiss as coincidences or lucky guesses.

In those cases it's easier for everybody to not claim to have paranormal abilities, and just don't talk about it.
>>
>>17763807
So, you're like the anti-House?
>>
>>17763817
Will be so cool to be the anti-house.

I'm just a small town psychologiest and people around here believes in all kinds of paranormal stuff, around here people is convinved that the chupacabra is real.

I knew that she believed in her abbility to see auras, but I couldn't believe in it.

So I searched for the occam razor explanation, I kind of regreting it now cause it was a really interesting abbility and she was able to do a lot of things with it.
>>
>>17763833
>Will be so cool to be the anti-house.
House is also cool. Went to see Hugh Laurie play with his band last year. It was cool.
>I'm just a small town psychologiest and people around here believes in all kinds of paranormal stuff
As do I. Because I have experienced lots of odd stuff happening, such as ghostly ooze dripping down walls, a blob that absorbed light, something that is described as a hellhound in folklore, angels, demons... But maybe I have had some kind of chemical imbalance, and other occurences could be written off as mass hysteria.
>around here people is convinved that the chupacabra is real.
Well, where I come from, there's no chupacabra, but we have a thing called drekavac which is a similar cryptid, and many people, among them normal secular well educated people, reported seeing it
>I knew that she believed in her abbility to see auras, but I couldn't believe in it.
I can feel electricity. I can sense faulty wiring and stuff. Auras could be some kind of electrical field, maybe.
>So I searched for the occam razor explanation, I kind of regreting it now cause it was a really interesting abbility and she was able to do a lot of things with it.
Occams razor dictates sending her to a neurologist, I assume
>>
File: kirlian4.jpg (48 KB, 493x362) Image search: [Google]
kirlian4.jpg
48 KB, 493x362
>>17763855
My teacher was a neurologist but she never went to see him, she didn't wanted to be treated like she had brain damage (wich all neurologist do).

Kirlian photography is interesting, it's a possibility for human to detect eletricity, sharks do it, and we are surrounded by electrical fields so we could adapt some kind of perception for it, it would make sense as an evolutionary step.

The case of Ramses Sanguino, it's one of those things I wanted to read for a while, I hope for more research on him and the subject in general.
>>
>>17763895
metroid corruption af
>>
>>17763895
I've glanced over the Ramses Sanguino news articles, and I draw the line at savant. The nedia found out about this really cool kid, and his stupid mother says a few days afterwards "Oh, he's also a telepath" hoping to get more attention/cash/sell rights to a tv show/whatever.
I am still open to the possibility that he, or anyone else, can be a telepath. It's just that everyone wants telepathy to work like in fiction, which it almost certainly doesn't.
As I have said, priming, taking cues, and good old cold reading are the limit for now in my experience.
>>
Some interesting talks on psi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw_O9Qiwqew
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnA8GUtXpXY
>>
Lookup mirror neurons and the magic is kill
>>
>>17763166
Youre thinking about it all wrong, believe a little
>>
>>17766321
Oh, I keep an open mind, but I'm doubtful.
See >>17763657 for reference
>>
It's a manifestation of the fact that we are all connected via the mass subconscious.
>>
These answers are wackier than I thought
>>
File: 1459487871006.jpg (245 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1459487871006.jpg
245 KB, 640x640
A brain is a sophisticated bio-electric computer.
Electrical impulses in the neurons produce a detectable magnetic field which through a two-way feedback mechanism (think turtles all the way down or fractals or that Gibson story where people plug themselves together) can mesh with the field of other bio-electric computers of roughly the same configuration; thus telepathy, mass delusions etc.
I believe this field may also be able to influence indeterminate subatomic particles and this has been noticed, named and worshiped as various things during human history.
>>
>>17767668
What do you mean in that last part
>>
>>17762575
>How exactly does telepathy work?
It doesn't.
>> inb4 the skeptics shit on this thread
OP can't inb4
>>
File: 1457808969401.gif (3 MB, 538x514) Image search: [Google]
1457808969401.gif
3 MB, 538x514
>>17769972
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFQCYpIHLNQ
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.