[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Psychological Torture General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: psychopath.jpg (26 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
psychopath.jpg
26 KB, 500x375
So, /x/, I had a strange thought:
I want to make a horror movie. Not a horror movie with jump scares and torture and so on, but a horror movie. A movie that's not as scarring as psychological torture, but it's approaching that.

A movie where you leave the theater understanding what happened onscreen on a conscious level, but on the deep subconscious level, your mind absolutely refuses to accept what happened.

Alternatively, this movie would have to be able to absolutely change you. Something you witness in the movie - some core part - scars your subconscious permanently.

One more idea - the movie would simply force you to think about something (say computers) in a completely different way - a way which inserts distrust into your everyday life.

So, any backers?

also general psych torture thread

pic not related
>>
lack of bumps or general interest make me sad
>>
>>17761772
good luck op
>>
Gone girl

Teeth

And several others have placed irreversible distrust of women within me.

Also every woman I have called a friend has fucked me over.

This is my personal blog now.
>>
>>17761772
bump
>>
When I was 4 yrs old I found out that you do not need a toilet to poop but using leaves also worked. I would shit anywhere I felt was ok then say the dog did it. I stopped when I was around 5 because I shit in a tub. Who ever was watching me saw it then got really upset.
>>
>>17761849
I almost shat myself laughing, well done anon.
>>
>>17761772
This is what literally every psychological horror movie has attempted since forever.

See "Prince of Darkness" if you're religious.

See "In the Mouth of Madness" if you're literate.

See "The Blair Witch Project" or "Deliverance" to suddenly stop appreciating the beauty and natural wonder of nature.

None are extremely effective but a few are somewhat effective.
>>
>>17761843
I get you anon. Fuck girls. Metaphorically and literally.
>>
>>17761772
I love psychological terror.
Some themes;
Death
Mental disorder
Abuse
Alzheimer's Disease/Dementia
Cult behaviour
Body mutilation
Disease
War
>>
File: 1452833036053.jpg (15 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1452833036053.jpg
15 KB, 400x300
Reading The Enigma of Amigara Fault did this to me.

>inb4 pussy
>>
File: 1445654261972s.jpg (7 KB, 173x228) Image search: [Google]
1445654261972s.jpg
7 KB, 173x228
>>17761843
>>
>>17761920
Agreed. I think what resonates with us is just too personal for one movie to be so effective for everyone.
>>
>>17761862
_______________________’__HIIII_Dee__`
________,~~~~~~,_______|____Ho!______|_
_______/_,______\______’,__________,”
______/,~|_______\.______\/
_____/~_(__________)___
____(*)__;_(^)(^)’:
________=;________;
__________;_””””__;=
___{“}____’_'””‘_’__{“}
___\__/_____>__<___\__/
______\____,”___”,__/
_______\__”_______/”
__________”______”=
___________>_____<
__________=”_____”-
__________-`.___,’
________________-
____________`–‘
>>
>>17761940
I thought this board was ex paranoia
Turns out it's /x/ paranormal.
My bad.
I'll stop posting now.
>>
One idea that resonates (though slightly played out,) is the documentation of progressive insanity in an individual that thinks themselves sane.

It could be implemented in side by side shots of unfolding situations. One side depicting the actual event, and the other depicting it through the eyes of the deranged.

Another idea would be the introduction of a character being held captive and interrogated, for no apparent reason, using such methods as chinese water torture, waterboarding, the infliction of small wounds, repeatedly to cause slow, but painful blood loss, and leading to the eventual live disembowelment of the subject.

To make it particularly interesting, the character/audience could be witnessing the events from the first-person view of the individual being tortured.
>>
Je mets la parano au compte de la sniffette.
>>
>>17761940

>complaining about the worthlessness of modern women means you're a homosexual

Fat chick detected.
>>
You should have someone stick needles under someone's fingernails.
>>
>>17762048
>chinese water torture
Love that one. Mythbusters tried it out once. Lold at how fucked up they were afterwards
>>
>>17762036
Paranoia would be a great alternative title for this board.

Parano***
>>
>>17761772
>wants to make a general of a special interest only op cares about

Yeah nah fuck off
>>
>>17762513
Psychological horror is a common /x/ interest.
>>
>>17762561
Yet there is no talk on it, not even in the thread dedicated to it.
>>
>>17762576
its 3:25 EST

the worst fear i have ever experienced was a dream where niggers invaded my house, tied my family and i up and forced us into a corner using an AK, then robbed the house and as they were doing it they decided to kill us. so they just opened fire on us

the injustice of something like that, the feeling of rage and powerlessness is my worst fear i guess. thats why my house is gunned up.
>>
>>17762580
And it's working hours in most of the world right now...
Guns aren't psychological horror. Knowing that every nig can get one is.
>>
>>17762596
being killed by people more powerufl than you while you're powerless is sure as fuck psychological horror. the horror i felt in that moment even in a dream was indescribable and nothing in real life has ever matched it in any regard
>>
>>17762611
I dunno. It's just natural, no horror there. Kill or be killed. Maybe it's just my socopathic side, but that's how I think about the world.
I mean, sure, we are one of the few species that kill for fun and profit, but it's perfectly in line with our nature.
>>
>>17762633
>natural
Nature is full of horror. Stop being a faggot. Why are you trying to shill against obvious /x/ content?
>>
>>17762657
I'm not shilling against or for anything. But understanding that humans are natural-born killers gives you an edge over others. You know that everyone could end you. The important thing is the knowledge that you can just as well end them.
>>
>>17762671
>no horror there
Nature is full of horror.

Fuck off.
>>
>>17762110
They should do it with acid. That'd be really rucked up
>>
>>17762694
Nature is full of horror, but animals aren't that scary. The scariest things in nature are cataclismic events and the understanding that the universe is so great and vast and that there could be beings that are like the Q, and that is far beyond psychological horror, it's existential horror
>>
>>17762707
Scorpions, bears, venomous three foot centipedes.

Q would be nothing without the horrors nature has already imagined. If reality were a deck of playing cards, Q would be nothing more than a magician.

I can feel the shallow dimension of your psyche. Your imagination is pathetic.
>>
>>17762713
>Scorpions, bears, venomous three foot centipedes
I, as a proud Homo Sapiens Sapiens, come equiped to fight those things.
Against something like the Q (which I was just using as an example) we have nothing. We just aren't smart enough, and we lack the understanding as a species to concieve to even think about what kind of morality that kind of being could work with. Sure, we could just shrug it off as being alien to us, but it runs deeper than that
>>
>>17762719
I guess it's all relative. To me, something like Q is trivial to understand and work with. A bear on the other hand gives zero fucks about my intellect and has no qualms ripping my flesh apart. Even sharks are less of a problem for me because you can just poke them in the eyes and get to land before they have a chance to inflict mortal wounds.

There was an episode of I Was Bitten where someone got bit by a bear. The only thing worse was the episode where the guy was literally bitten in half by a wild elephant. Anything that crush your bones like a twig is something to be afraid of. Q is completely nonthreatening to someone like me.

For me it's all about sentience. Regular zombies I can handle. I Am Legend zombies almost gave me nightmares. Actually, I think they might have given me actual nightmares once. Anything that I can't reason with is a direct threat, whereas anything that I might be able to outsmart just makes me curious. Meh. I'm probably the kind of thing you're afraid of. We're both human but we might as well be worlds apart with what we consider frightening.
>>
>>17762744
>I guess it's all relative
True. It's also true that we are worlds apart. I've spent most of my life innawoods and in nature, I've been bitten and stung by many things, fuck, even just a regular old ram almost broke my leg once. I find animals a mild annoyance at worst. Shit, there are no elephants where I live, and it's highly unlikely that I'll encounter one in the future. But lynx, fox, wolf, bear, boar, viper, hornet, scorpion, I can, and other than boar I have, manage.
>>
>>17762756
I'm in a wooded area too, but not wooded enough for me to be raised a hunter. I'm probably only afraid of bears because at some point I stopped having fear entirely and bears were a convenient "I can maul you" thing to be afraid of. At one point a moose wandered through our yard and I followed it into the forest a bit before I panicked and had to run back home. I'm not sure how common bear attacks actually are, but I sure as fuck didn't want to get trampled by a moose. You really can't get a handle on how massive a creature it is until you're on the ground with it. I swear it wasn't nearly as scary looking at it from the height of my window.
>>
>>17762766
Okay, getting trampled by any kind of deer is scary. I forgot about those fuckers. And they can produce some horrible noises. Quite scary when you're alone innawods.
Regarding bears, if you can read the signs in the forrest that make you understand that there are bears about, you can pretty much avoid them.
>>
>>17762776
Yeah, that's the sense I got. Bears don't really seek conflict and they have a huge territory so they're easy to avoid if you're not literally a cityfag. (And if you are a cityfag, you'll probably never go deep enough into the woods to actually meet a bear.)

Well, thanks a lot anon. Now I'm not afraid of grizzly bears either. I'll make my stand at polar bears. If I can't be afraid of the largest land carnivore then I'm pretty sure I'm fucked.

Fuck, all those nature documentaries have me convinced polar bears are playful. I need a new go-to fear before my psyche really does end up in Q territory.
>>
>>17761772
Has anyone done a psychological horror movie based on the deep web yet? The unknowns could give all sorts of possibilities for a story.
>>
File: image.png (17 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
image.png
17 KB, 300x169
>>
Not really horror, but loved Pi, Requiem for a Dream and Enter the Void. Made me feel scared because shit like that could happen to you if you are mentally ill or using drugs.
If you can self-insert as the protagonist and something terrible and somewhat believable happens, its far more scary than spooky ghosts and zombies.
>>
>>17761920
What about Salo? That's pretty horrific on a psychological level.
>>
>>17761772
I think stephen kings "Needful Things" would be a good one.

Basically a demon sets up shop in a small town and when people walk in he sweet talks em for a bit, then produces and item that they secretley always wanted or that has some significance to the person, and moderate value.
(A pair of autographed aviators from elvis, a childhood fishing pole with lots of memories attached, a rare baseball card etc etc)

He then sells them for a paltry amount that is inevitably just below what the person's maximum spending limit is, and a promise to pull seemingly harmless pranks on somebody in town.

The objects come with very strong feelings when held by the owner but are just useless trash to anyone else but the buyer. The person becomes obsessed that people are trying to take it away from them, and the pranks the hypnotically compelling demonic shop owner has the people pull pit people against eachother and gradually escalate.

By the climax of the story the shop owner is handing out handguns to folks driven nuts by his constant psychological hounding and paranoia, basically there is a free for all bloodbath in the streets.

Was pretty good psychological game going on in the story, like how for a lot of people it doesnt have to be this big crazy torture session, just the right trigger at the right (or wrong) time that wouldnt mean anything to anyone else could push a person over the edge.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.