[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any masonbros on /x/ tonight? I was the guy who lost his Grandad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: masonic steps.jpg (2 MB, 2145x1419) Image search: [Google]
masonic steps.jpg
2 MB, 2145x1419
Any masonbros on /x/ tonight?
I was the guy who lost his Grandad and wondered if I could rightly inherit his ring on a thread last week......
Thanks for the advice to all that talked to me.
I have another question......
I can have his ring, and that's great.
But I can't in good conscience wear it; save becoming a mason of course, but I'm still not sure about joining.....
OK here's the question:
Is there a sign I can wear, or other way to show that I respect my bond to the craft, respect my grandads service, and perhaps would consider joining one day? (respectively of course).
To reiterate: I would never misrepresent my self as a Mason without the proper affiliations.
>>
Fucking dumb "secret" society full of wrinkled old men thinking they're important. Throw the ring in a river.
>>
>>17757723
I know ur trying to bait.
but hell.
I want there to be some truth to it.
but I doubt there is.......
Fun thing though; growing up with a Grandad who filled his house with esoteric symbols he didn't talk about much.
Still fascinates me.
>>
>>17757723
>>17757737(samefag)
And I want my Grandad's ring,
Makes not one fuck if it means anything.
>>
>>17757737
Not baiting, just shitting on an institution that deserves it. Think about it...grown ass men playing at secrets in their clubhouse no one but them cares about like 8 year olds. It's pathetic.
>>
File: Antique-Masonic-Poster_art.jpg (81 KB, 484x650) Image search: [Google]
Antique-Masonic-Poster_art.jpg
81 KB, 484x650
>>17757690
shameless self bump.
I don't want an argument here......
>>
>>17757778
>Not baiting, just shitting on an institution that deserves it. Think about it...grown ass men playing at secrets in their clubhouse no one but them cares about like 8 year olds.
i agree
>It's pathetic.
been going through his effects.....
you might not put any faith in it, anon...
but I assure you. Nothing about this is pathetic.
Not just for my loss.
The believe in EVERYTHING.
Its beautiful.
>>
File: 111.jpg (140 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
140 KB, 960x540
>>17757804
sorry,,,,bit drunk.
There seems to be an acceptance of almost every form of belief in a higher power.
I can see how some might see this as dangerous .
I certainly do not.
>>
>>17757690
bumb......
masonbro?
please, oldboy , can i show anything?
>>
File: royal-arch-freemasonry-300x300.jpg (52 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
royal-arch-freemasonry-300x300.jpg
52 KB, 300x300
>>17757983
back,oldman?
>>
>>17758036
i have one question, oldboy, apostle, brother........

............should I ?
>>
>>17757983
thanks...
oldboy is familiar .............
whAT NOW?
>>
>>17757690
I am here. I remember telling you to ask for the ring, and to contact the lodge secretary regarding a masonic memorial. Typically the deceased will have made the request years in advance, or made his stance clear. Some do, some don't. We always give a nice memorial at my lodge, if a funeral is out of the question.

I don't think it would cause a stir if you wore the ring on a necklace around your neck, until you become a Freemason. That way you keep it with you, close to your heart, as a reminder of your bond with your Grandfather, and of your interest in the Craft. A ring means very little, overall, in my opinion. There are better ways of knowing who is what. Anyone can buy a ring, but a real mason always knows another mason. You'll see. Glad you seem to be well.
>>
Masonbro reporting in. I'm a Fellowcraft from Illinois
>>
>>17757723
Yea, threw the necklace in a river can find if I'm willing to look for it but don't know if it's a good idea.
>>
>>17757723

I'm 29
Most guys in my lodge are under 40. Youngest is 22
>>
>>17757690
That's a good question. I'm thinking maybe a sprig of acacia (you can get lapel pins). There's also a broken column pin/jewel to show you're related to a deceased brother, but it's usually just for their widows.

We really don't have a whole lot of stuff for dudes, sorry. It's usually just expected that they'd join if that keen.

Perhaps a Lewis pin? It means the son/grandson of a Mason, and i'd say there's no problem with it, but it's a bit of a grey area.

>>17757778
>grown ass men playing at secrets in their clubhouse
4chan is better? And it's grown arse men learning in our clubhouse/taverns, along with other guys who want to better themselves and society.

>>17758412
Necklace does seem a good idea. Fashion wise, however... May not be everyones cup of tea.
>>
>>17758412
>but a real mason always knows another mason.
How?
>>
My grandad is a templar, or whatever the new-age version is, probably the Masons. Problem is he's gone completely and uttely senile and paranoid,

Is it true these sort of conditions are very common with older members?
>>
>>17759775
Asking, mostly. There are subtle things one picks up on, too.

>>17759793
I want to say not usually, but it would explain the leadership of the Scottish Rite NMJ...
>>
>>17759837
see that's weird as he always used to tell me stories about things, obviously when IW as younger I didn't give two shits but now I rue the fact I can't remember more stuff.

I remember him telling me two thigns 1) To join the order he had to do a weird ass pilgrimage that took him across the world and 2) the seniors and officals 'retiring' from the order mostly came down with some form of mental defect that prevented them from remembering clearly or made them so batshit mental people wouldn't listen to them. I know that it can be attributed to age but it was a weirdly high percentage
>>
>>17759847
Yeah I heard the same thing about the Magical Order of Ye Olde Wizards of the Coast of the Eastern Sea Where Cthulhu Lies Dreaming of The Great Pyramid of Babylon.

Come on dude, we're not twelve.
>>
>>17759857
Oh, my bad. I thought this was Open role/playing.

my bad you fucking idiot
>>
>>17759847
>1) To join the order he had to do a weird ass pilgrimage that took him across the world
He might have been referring to the [Templar] ceremony. The story starts with a pilgrimage.
>2) the seniors and officals 'retiring' from the order mostly came down with some form of mental defect that prevented them from remembering clearly or made them so batshit mental people wouldn't listen to them.
Well, yea, but it's not like an actual diagnosed illness. They just wind up being wankers whom everyone is sick of a lot of the time.
But I'm sure ya'll don't want to hear about our internal bickering.
>>
>>17759867
even if this isn't real, I would like to hear more please about both the Ceremony and internal bickering
>>
>>17759879
The Templar one? I can't remember the exact American Rite version, but the universal gist is that the candidate represents a pilgrim in the Levant who seeks shelter at a Templar Preceptory. They acquiesce because they're top chaps, and the pilgrim is like, "Damn niggas, this a dope-arse castle you gots here. It cool if i join your gang?" and thus the pilgrim becomes a squire-novice. They're then ordered to explore the Levant delta, and do combat with Saracens (fake fight), and listen to history as they do so. After this, the Ven. Preceptor asks the Fratres if they want to accept the squire as a knight, and they say yes. He then gets knighted and made a Templar, then listens to some more history and Christian knightly duties.

Overall, it's a pretty thin degree, and horrifically ahistoric, since peasants couldn't be Templar knights. The Templar order couldn't knight anyone, and they only accepted nobles/knights as applicants.
There are a few other and better Templar degrees in Masonry.

As for the internal bickering, it's mostly to do with the old baby boomers who have ended up in charge of basically every sovereign jurisdiction thinking that it's a drinking club and charity. This pisses off the guys who were actually interested in Freemasonry. They also obsess over membership numbers and think that watering it all down even more will bring them back up. Basically, they're doing everything wrong, and it'll be a happy day when they pass the torch onto competent members.
Of course, there is still light in the dark, that there are good lodges and appendant bodies who defy the bastards and provide a good experience for members.
>>
>>17757690
I was thinking about becoming a freemason would be pretty interesting, My grandfather was head of a lodge and I went into his study once and looked at all the titles he achieved and he was actually a 33rd degree which is interesting.
>>
>>17759923
33rd means he might have been a long standing A&AR (32nd) member, or he did some service to his Valley (A&AR lodge) like sound director, secretary, treasurer, lighting coordinator, etc.
>>
>>17757690
I'll give you a 8ball for it.
>>
Selling your soul is easier.
>>
how does one become a freemason?
>>
>>17760005
Ask. Either someone you know, at a lodge building, or through the Grand Lodge website.
>>
Had my initiation last week, best decision of my life. Wonderful experience.
>>
>>17759951
Yeah i got no idea but he was gonna become 34th degree but quit after that
>>
>>17760069
Heh, not quite. There is no 34th degree in the A&AR. 33rd is like Board of Directors dealio.
>>
they're supposed to be buried with them from what I hear and their brothers are supposed to be there to make sure nobody robs the casket.

I never got why people get buried with jewelry desu
>>
>>17760580
>they're supposed to be buried with them
That's aprons, but it comes down to what the person wants.
As in, i'd like to be buried with one of mine, but would sooner pass it onto my son/grandson/great-grandson/museum dedicated to myself.
>I never got why people get buried with jewelry desu
So you can be wealthy in the next life alongside all those Egyptian guys.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.