[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tv/ had no answers, so I come to /x/ There was this movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: Magic[1].jpg (26 KB, 387x400) Image search: [Google]
Magic[1].jpg
26 KB, 387x400
/tv/ had no answers, so I come to /x/

There was this movie I saw over 10 years ago on TV, and for the life of me I can't find it again. I'm not trying to write a haunted-show pasta, I'm legitimately looking for people who have seen the movie or at least know what I'm referring to.

It's about a guy, in the 80s or 90s, who wants to become a magician. He goes to this world famous magician who just staged his own death (in more ways than one) and is now planning on lying low for the rest of his life. He refuses to teach the man, and insists that he's only an illusionist, because "magicians do it for real." Beyond that I just remember that at the end they were in some abandoned-looking town in a desert somewhere and there were these magicians hanging out there doing dark arts shit. I think they kidnapped someone or something so they were there to rescue them. The villain's magic is more third-eye/true mind type magic vs. your usual fire and lightning type of Hollywood wizards, and it was pretty cash. He told the protagonist he was going to show him the ugly truth of humanity and hit him with some kind of mind-bolt or something that made everyone the protag saw start like warping inside out and it was real freaky.

Beyond that I only remember the pro-magician who the protagonist goes to, to learn magic, may have looked like a stern Gene Wilder. But, no more than I remember about the film he could've just been blond, or had curly hair. No such film shows on Wilder's IMDB so I doubt it was him.
>>
>>17756242

why don't you look at some streaming site, see if you recognize it from the image/description
>>
>>17756260
I've tried similar, and googling scene descriptions and lines of dialogue I thought I remembered.
>>
>>17756242 I think i remember this. It was on vhs i think.
>>
Lord of illusions?

Just google movies about magicians
>>
>>17756242

Try "retard search" in google.

I had forgotten what Boardwalk Empire was called and typed in "gangster major sells alcohol". Google had it right on page one.
>>
Yeah i watched this with my mom when i was like 6 or 7 i remember this. It was funny as hell.
>>
>>17756242
Sounds like Lord of Illusions, or Cast a Deadly Spell. Look into both.
>>
>>17756242
http://youtu.be/k8a1wofBOX4
>>
>>17757396
>>17757263
>>17756327
Indeed it is!
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.