[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
House Gnomes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 10
File: house gnomes fucking spoooky.jpg (23 KB, 236x345) Image search: [Google]
house gnomes fucking spoooky.jpg
23 KB, 236x345
Have you ever lost an item in your home that you SWORE was in a specific place, and no matter how hard you look for it... You can never find it? Even in the most pristine room in your house, where any object could easily be found? Well it sounds like you have a case of house gnomes! Well, maybe not gnomes but that's just what we'll call them. There are inter-dimensional beings that wander your home, sometimes causing shenanigans in order to irritate you and hope for you to generate negative energy in which they feed off of.

Now I'm wondering, do you have any stories or experiences of misplaced objects that you have no explanation for? Or maybe you have seen one of these beings out of the corner of your eye.

tl;dr Have you ever lost something in your house and think it has something to do with the paranormal
>>
If losing socks counts then I have experienced this paranormal activity several times through out my life. Pretty gross fetish for gnomes desu
>>
>>17755598
Someone told me if you lose something like that you should ask out loud for it to be given back and it will appear again in the next few days.
>>
Weirdly enough I lost an SD card today and I swear it was sitting on my desk. I have looked high and low and cannot find it, checked all pockets in all the clothes I have worn recently, checked the floor under absolutely everything and it's no where. Also no it is not in any device
>>
>>17755653
Then again I don't know what the fuck a gnome would want with an SD card so I'm not sure if I believe this whole thing. Probably just having memory issues
>>
>>17755617
Might count, who knows.

>>17755647
Interesting. Do you know any more about this?

>>17755653
>>17755659

I mean, the belief (or should I say assumed belief) is that they do it to annoy you or irritate you. Like a trickster or something. The object they take usually isn't of use to them at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 320x240
>watch South Park
>think "Hey I can shitpost this on /x/
>tfw
>>
>>17755598
Years ago when I was a kid, my Granddad had a garden gnome. It looked almost real. I was a bit scared of it, as it lived in the bushes in the back of his yard next to his compost heap. Once day he moved it from the bushes into a sunny spot. I asked my Granddad why he was moving it, and he told me "He isn't happy over there in the bushes, too dark and gloomy for him, it's making him bad-tempered". Years later when my Granddad died my dad inherited it. He gave it to me and told me to choose a place for it. I remembered what my Granddad had done, and I found a nice sunny warm spot next to the bird bath on my front lawn, and put the Gnome there. I though it would be happy there as the birds would play next to it and keep it company. People walking past our house would often comment on how happy the Gnome looked.

Anyway a few years later it went missing. It just vanished. But then we started getting photos in the mail of the Gnome, sent by one of those idiots who steal gnomes and take it around the world taking photos of it, sending them back to the original owners. The idea is to pretend the Gnome is "traveling the world". Anyway, the photos started coming, in Rome, London etc. On a bridge. Next to a museum etc. However, with each picture, the Gnome appeared to look more and more angry.

cont.
>>
>>17755744
C'mon, type faster!
>>
>>17755744
>>17755744
It was only subtle, maybe just the lighting, but it looked angry. Like it was annoyed. Unhappy. The last photo we got was taken in a cabin out in a beautiful forest somewhere in Norway, where I assume the people went hiking or skiing or something and took the Gnome with them. The Gnome looked angry. Very angry. And he was looking directly at the camera. It was almost creepy. I had never seen that look before. Like he was staring into my soul, plotting something terrible.

That was the last photo we got. They stopped after that. It was strange because usually the Gnome is returned after such a journey. But there was nothing.

Five years passed and one day I noticed something strange in my front garden. It was the Gnome. Mysteriously returned. Nobody, not us nor the neighbours, had seen anyone return it. We found it exactly where it was last taken from...by the bird bath in the sun. Much of it's paint was chipped off, especially around it's hands. It looked tired. I repainted it and put fresh flowers next to it. After about a year, it started to look very happy again, tired, but happy. The birds keep him company. I moved away, but I know he is happy back in our garden, next to the bird bath. And so far he hasn't been stolen again.
>>
File: travelocity.jpg (78 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
travelocity.jpg
78 KB, 630x420
>>17755744
?
>>
>>17755680
>>17755647
Not really. My step dad told me that. He's a very sensible retired RAF medic who's told me a couple of strange stories. I think he thinks it's poltergeists.
>>
File: nisse.jpg (97 KB, 500x352) Image search: [Google]
nisse.jpg
97 KB, 500x352
>>17755598
Pretty sure your picture is of trolls.

Scandinavia (Where the typical look you associate gnomes with comes from).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomte

England.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hob_(folklore)

Germany
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobold
>>
I lost my dinosaur toy as a child and my parents said it got sucked into a mini black hole

that made me a paranoid schizophrenic
>>
>>17755768
Interesting and good story.

Though it also makes those things seem creepier than they already do. I've seen two kinds of garden gnomes. Cheap and super-cheesy, and creepy. No thanks to both varieties. Those creepy ones that look as if a spirit might be trapped in there somehow also seem like they might decide to go all Gnome Chucky on me when they think I don't expect it.
>>
>>17755798
I don't know if Gnomes are evil or not, their ways are mysterious. I like to think that animals can sense the true nature of a Gnome. If your pet dog won't go near your garden Gnome, then probably best to sell the Gnome.
>>
When I was a kid, me and my family would often stay at my grandfather's cabin. This cabin was near many other cabins but that behind said it was still in the middle of no where, no running water, poor electricity, I would often wander around in the bushes and woods to occupy my time (I was around 10 years old at the time) After awhile I started to find strange things, very very strange things. I found a path in the bushes nearby our cabin that led into an opening the woods where there were many other cabins.. But they were abandoned/unoccupied. I had a strange sense of fear when I first discovered the cabins, or maybe not fear but at least discomfort. I wanted to get closer to them and explore but for days I couldn't find the courage to do it. I finally put my fears aside and walked up to one of the cabins.. In the yard were a few garden gnomes, ugly looking garden gnomes, disgustingly ugly, so ugly that I immediately left out of extreme fear. You know that feeling of shock you get where your body seizes up? I had that for a moment for I bolted out of there.

About a week later I convinced a kid from a neighbouring cabin to come check it out with me, so we went. As we approached the abandoned cabins, he started to ask me "Where are they?" and then I realized.. They are gone. The neighbour kid thought I was making things up and he left, I followed him out just so I wasn't left there alone.

The spookiest thing about this event is the fact that those cabins had no one living in them at the time.. No one there to put away the gnomes.
Also just to clarify quickly, this is not fiction. Actual thing that happened.
>>
>>17755818
Sorry about any typos, this was not copy pasta and I didn't notice them until now. I'm assuming you can figure out what I mean.

I've had more experiences with garden gnomes at these woods if anyone would like to hear more
>>
>>17755818
Who knows, but when you returned the second time, maybe you were being watched.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 625x468) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 625x468
>>
File: IMG_20160531_084951.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160531_084951.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>17755598
Last week I was feeling like listening to a very specific vinyl I own, it's a pretty rare possession and it's irreplaceable, it's also one of my favorite albums ever. Since I value it so highly I'm very careful with the way I store it.
When I tried to grab it, I noticed only the album cover was there, the vinyl itself was not there, this made me really anxious. That happened on Wednesday and I spent the whole night looking for it until I decided to go to sleep and start fresh the next day. I spent Wednesday through Friday looking for it until finally giving up.
Then, on Sunday a friend came to get some drinks and the first thing I did after let him in was showing him how my precious vinyl was lost. When I grabbed the cover the vinyl was inside, in a bag with the booklet and a piece of water painting the album included.
I live alone and no one else came here until my friend arrived. I don't know what happened.
Pic related is the vinyl in question.
>>
>>17755876
That honestly is strange as hell and I can't think of a logical explanation at all, besides maybe someone is somehow squatting in your home while you're living there. Which sounds scary as hell. Weird.
>>
I lost my ding dong.
>>
File: Gnomesville_Western_Australia_1.jpg (309 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
Gnomesville_Western_Australia_1.jpg
309 KB, 660x440
>>
File: gnomeville_9-1024x682.jpg (322 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
gnomeville_9-1024x682.jpg
322 KB, 1024x682
>>
File: Rien_Poortvliet.jpg (192 KB, 851x1280) Image search: [Google]
Rien_Poortvliet.jpg
192 KB, 851x1280
>>
No it's not. It's fucking Charlie Manson fuccbois who think it's fucking funny.
I've been on the receiving end of that shit and it's not fucking cool.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 236x232) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 236x232
>>
>>17755922
??????????
>>
>>17755883
That would be the only reasonable explanation, there's no other way something like this could happen.

Probably I'm letting myself get carried away because I've tried to commit suicide 4 timed while listening to this record. Perhaps my ex girlfriend is trying to get it so that doesn't happen again? She still has her keys to my house as far as I know.
>>
>>17755785
I came here to post this.

>>17755940
He missed the gangstalking thread. Lots of first-day newfags on here today.
Remember that Descartes quote about groups pretending to be idiots attracting the genuine article? Perhaps people here have been pretending to be schizophrenics a little too convincingly.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.