[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is this movie considered "occult"? I thought it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (46 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
46 KB, 1920x1080
why is this movie considered "occult"? I thought it was just about space
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 1021x634) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 1021x634
>>17753426
"My God! It's full of stars!" - David Bowman
>>
Better question: Why does OP think others consider 2001 "occult"?
>>
Mainly because of the director so there u have it
>>
>>17753426
No, you're thinking of Event Horizon, 2001 was more about the fantasy of witnessing phenomenon we have no understanding of
>>
>>17753426
Because of Jay Wiender and his thoughts on Stanley Kubric.
>>
>>17753426
If you haven't watched it, you obviously don't know what happens at the end. Watch the movie and find out for yourself. Just put up with the low tech effects and really funny predictions of what the future will be like. I'll give you one example. They drink food out of bags through a straw. Quite funny. Pretty out there at the end
>>
>>17754112
How is Event Horizon occult? It seemed to be cheesy horror.
>>
>>17754231
I enjoyed event horizon, but I don't think it was occult.
>>
File: image.jpg (198 KB, 625x515) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
198 KB, 625x515
>>17753426
Cult? Yes! But I have never heard it described as occult. Serious Alien, Conspiracy & AI plot lines, but nothing occult.
>>
Yes. Gentlemen, I think what we are witnessing here is an example of low intelligence based fuck-uppery.

OP thinks cult and occult are interchangeable.
>>
>>17754304
It's possible, but as I mentioned Jay wiedner mentions it in one of his documentaries about Kubric. Some sort of allegorical thing. Occult being defined as "hidden" and not necessarily magic, OP may be redeemed.
>>
>>17754442
>Kubric. Some sort of allegorical thing.

Precision mind of anon is most amazing.
>>
File: gogurt.jpg (40 KB, 470x215) Image search: [Google]
gogurt.jpg
40 KB, 470x215
>>17754156
>They drink food out of bags with a straw

Who could have predicted humanity would evolve beyond the need for a straw?
>>
>>17753426
Do you mean it is a "cult" movie with a "cult" following like The Warriors, The Room, or The Rocky Horror Picture Show?
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HBV4b_ZXpNA

OP you got a long journey to catch up.
>>
>>17753426
You mean it has a cult following, you retard.

Prediction: we never hear from OP again because he sudokus out of embarrassment, but some troll or trolls continue bumping the thread
>>
>>17754156
It's because they're in zero gravity. They eat regular food on the spinning ship and even have ipods.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.