[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/bfg/ - Bigfoot General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: MAPhotosm.jpg (31 KB, 314x475) Image search: [Google]
MAPhotosm.jpg
31 KB, 314x475
Post and discuss anything related to Bigfoot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us6jo8bl2lk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmbNEKrNnvg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWgmTysIFIk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigfoot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkAWMi86wIQ

>inb4 neo-/x/ spergs out claiming it's fake
>>
It's very interesting to consider the possibility of a distant 'cousin' to the human race that has over time learnt to simply hide from us at all costs.
What horrible things could we possibly have done to them as a race for them to literally teach all their children to hide from us this much?

I'm very interested in it all.
This thing about them being mind readers and extra dimensional beings is just bs tho
>>
Bout time we had an actual paranormal thread instead of all this bullshit up right now. Bump.
>>
>>17751933
native americans have also described "wild men" for centuries

http://www.native-languages.org/legends-bigfoot.htm

http://www.bfro.net/legends/

http://beforeitsnews.com/paranormal/2014/08/native-americans-reveal-secrets-of-bigfoot-2473744.html

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/legends.htm
>>
>>17751978
forgot pic
>>
>>17751978
Yes, exactly, and from what i've heard (im gonna read your links after posting this so i could be wrong) they lived peacefully together.
The only logical conclusion is therefore that we were the ones who did horrible things.
>>
File: squatchya-gonna-do.gif (45 KB, 515x320) Image search: [Google]
squatchya-gonna-do.gif
45 KB, 515x320
>>17751889
>no discussion about authencity of videos allowed
nobody claims it is fake. you claim it is real.
>>
>>17752008

That's not the only logical conclusion.

Just because some tribes viewed them as benign, benevolent, etc. it doesn't mean that they went right up to them and shot the shit. It could simply mean that they observed them, in perhaps a similar capacity as we currently do (from a distance, briefly), and attached lore to them.

And I've yet to see any sort of recorded widespread malevolence towards Bigfoot by the white man since he landed on the North American continent.

If anything, our activities seem to entice their interest.
>>
>>17752031
and here comes the redditors of neo-/x/
>>
Wooooo! /x/ it's me, Bigface! Come out and stroke my mangy fur.
>>
>>17752229
this is really stupid. so if you dont just accept any youtube video as 100% real, you are "le reddit buzzword man"
If you dont want to discuss bigfoot, just fuck off
>>
File: 1463200689874.gif (4 MB, 1070x216) Image search: [Google]
1463200689874.gif
4 MB, 1070x216
>>17752457
Let's discuss the video then, what do you think of the Patterson footage?
>>
>>17751978

These sites make me nostalgic for old internet.
>>
File: planet-of-the-apes-08032011.jpg (123 KB, 602x375) Image search: [Google]
planet-of-the-apes-08032011.jpg
123 KB, 602x375
>>17752508

>man in a suit

For anyone that wants to use this debate, remember that in 1967 (the year of the Patterson-Gimlin film), Planet of the Apes was just rapping up filming.

Those costumes were considered cutting edge for the time. It won an Academy Award for make-up and was nominated for Best Costume.
>>
>>17752508
Out of all the videos I saw, this one is still the most convincing. The way he moves, his skin/fur, the whole impression. This is either the real deal, or the guys behind this put a lot of thought and effort into this.
>>
>>17752583

It's a girl. You can see titties moving on it.
>>
>>17752562
those were great movie costumes. rewatched it recently and they still hold up pretty good
>>
File: tumblr_n8gzorrtvx1qedb29o1_400.gif (2 MB, 400x171) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8gzorrtvx1qedb29o1_400.gif
2 MB, 400x171
>>17752633
Yes but none of the trained actors they used, could do a realistic big primate walk, like in the Patterson video.

There's a lot of things hidden in the woods, and people go missing there all the time.

You have to remember that silver back gorillas were considered cryptids not so long ago, and they are some huge apes.

>>17752583
I think the same.
>>
>>17752730
theres one thing I always found weird about the patterson footage. It is the way how casual Squatch is about encountering humans (iirc they even were on horses). He looks at them and doesnt seem to care. This seems a bit odd to me, because I think if bigfeet are real, they must have a very secretive behavior.
>>
>>17751889
Hey I used to live near and frequently visit Craven, and I didnt really believe in saskquatch. But I know exactly where that trail is and I know that if a human was walking where that thing was walking they would not be visible. Holy shit OP you may have changed my mind on saskquatch. For all of you wondering im from Regina saskatchewan and im in the military.
>>
>>17751889
thats the fucking skunk ape not biggy ill eat your bones, kid
>>
>>17752508
Reminder that Patterson had a camera because he was filming a movie about two cowboys finding Bigfoot. The film didn't finish because investors lost interest in a movie about some supposed monster that up until that point had only been seen by drunk Indians and people in wagon trains unfamiliar with local wildlife.

But lucky for Patterson, he was able to find and record the real Bigfoot out in the open during his afternoon stroll.
>>
>>17752773

Well it is moving away from them. Patterson saw the creature first and said it was observing them. Only after moving towards it/her did the creature began moving away.
>>
>>17751889
Oh no, it's the Sachmo
>>
Time to break up the circlejerk for a bit, I don't care about the Patterson footage, but all this woowoo/forest friend/no kill shit drives me up the fucking wall.

>"B-b-but it's an intelligent animal"
Since when did intelligent automatically mean the same thing as peaceful? Intelligence and violence are not connected.
>They're endangered
There's thousands of them, if you take away one you still have thousands of them, taking away one will not make all the others just magically disappear in a puff of smoke.

>"clear footage is impossible"
It's not, it requires more effort but it is sill possible, in order to get footage that's clear you would need to stop using trailpotatoes and thermal cameras and start using actual photographic equipment and start thinking less like a hunter and more like a wildlife photographer, which means getting far away and shooting with a long supertelephoto (300mm at least) lens as if you were trying to capture pictures and footage of deers or birds
>>
>>17753476
Are you the anon that shoot at BigFoot before?

The fuck is wrong with you?

Didn't you see the futurama episode.
>>
>>17753484
Nah, I never shot one, I don't even own a gun, I just think that Sasquatch should be treated like a wild animal and not worshipped like a sacred cow. I don't think people should get so attached to these legends regarding the creature, it's a distraction. I think that people are ignorant to assume that entering a Bigfoot's territory and negotiating with it to brought to scientists to be studied is going to be easy if even happen at all, these things have been isolated for practically the entirety of their existence and they have great knowledge of their surroundings, and yet we're somehow going to act like we're trading with a tribe of Indians? It's going to be less like interacting with a tribe of Native Americans and more like trying to negotiate with Amazonian cannibals
>>
>>17753507
If a creature have going to extreme measures to have a peaceful life, they most probably are peaceful.

The case of siver back gorillas is fascinating cause they are big scary but intelligent primates, that don't leave their habitant or go around looking for troubles.
>>
File: plebbit.png (4 MB, 4000x4000) Image search: [Google]
plebbit.png
4 MB, 4000x4000
>>17753328
this
>>
>>17753518
You do know there are stories of Bigfoot killing people, right? You're assuming that these things are like puppy dogs because gorillas are peaceful. To me it sounds as if you are using an existing animal as a template and trying to take this new creature and make it fit that template even though in all reality if it is ever discovered it may not fit that template at all. Gorillas may not go around looking for troubles but Gorillas don't eat meat, either. Bigfoot on the other hand is likely omnivorous and would have to hunt animals for food, skins, and other purposes.

Nature will always come up with new creatures as the world becomes older and evolution goes on, but humans are animals as well, and because of that we should act as if we have any sort of say in how these new creatures evolve and are made. The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control
>>
>>17753546
Meant to say that we should not act as if we have any say in how these new creatures evolve and are made
>>
>>17753546
>stories of Bigfoot killing people
I want to hear those.
>>
>>17753583
Here you go http://www.bigfootencounters.com/sbs/oldalaska.htm

http://z15.invisionfree.com/OWFR/index.php?showtopic=300
>>
>>17753328

He was told of the location by John Green and Rene Dahinden. Patterson had been actively searching for Bigfoot for 8 years when it occurred. So, yeah, it's not inconceivable that a guy that had been long searching for Bigfoot for quite a while and was told of "hot spots" by the two most prominent experts of Bigfoot actually filmed one.
>>
>>17753590

Don't forget Teddy Roosevelt's classic: http://www.bigfootencounters.com/classics/bauman.htm
>>
>>17752562

Apparently Stan Winston, king of the special effect, thought it was a costume and quite clearly so.

I don't really know if I agree with him. It's possible scepticism just immediately took over when he saw it and didn't really think it through, I don't know.
>>
>>17753877
>>>17753328 (You)
>Patterson had been actively searching for Bigfoot for 8 years when it occurred. So, yeah, it's not inconceivable that a guy that had been long searching for Bigfoot for quite a while and was told of "hot spots" by the two most prominent experts of Bigfoot actually filmed one.

And yet, 50 years later and a new widespread interest in Bigfoot and that footage is still the best we can get
>>
>>17753960
Stan Winston thinks that everything can be a special effect, that makes him the king.

>>17753970
Big foots aren't as common as they just to be, the destruction of the habitat and the reduction of the wild life, could have lead the already scarce population to extinction.

I hope that we could find him fast.

Before some redneck shoots the last one.
>>
If a swamp ape farts, does it pass swamp gas?
>>
>>17753990
Oh shut up, hippy.
>>
>>17753960

"If one of my colleagues created this for a movie, he'd be out of business."

That quote was made in the mid-90s on a TV program. This was years before MK Davis started spending so much time on stabilizing and reprocessing the footage. Wonder if he still holds the same opinion?

For me, the biggest clue that it isn't a fake is the thigh muscle movement. For others it's the gait or the measurements or the locomotion or

https://thedavisreport.wordpress.com/2016/04/05/the-patterson-bigfoot-film-in-high-contrast-and-stabilization/
>>
>>17753970

Try again.
>>
>>17754001
Try what? Are you refuting me because I fucked up my copy paste on my phone?
>>
>>17754021

Nope. Just pointing it out.
>>
>>17753995
Make me.

Charlton Heston wannabe.
>>
>>17754028
If someone kills a Bigfoot we would have proof.

You're acting like we're just shooting things and not recovering them. Bullets cost money.
>>
File: hogzilla2.jpg (92 KB, 379x256) Image search: [Google]
hogzilla2.jpg
92 KB, 379x256
>>17754082
I want to see a Big Foot, not a picture of a retard with a .50 and a dead animal.

>Hey look it's the amzing animal ever¡
>Let's shoot at it.

If you do that the patterson footage, will remain as the only footage of a living specimen.
>>
>>17754106
>there's only one

Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't realize I was speaking to a conservation officer. How long has the Bigfoot been endangered?
>>
>>17754106

Even with that picture they were able to reasonably conclude that the kid and his dad were full of shit.
>>
>>17751889
>chops down almost every forest
>no bigfoot
>>
>>17753546
Ken Watanabe, go home, and ret dem fightu
>>
>>17751889
My uncle said he went out hunting and his buddies dog was acting weird and hiding under his truck and he saw trees shaking and then a rock was thrown at them, he's been a Bigfoot hunter since.
>>
>>17754603

>so many forests still remain
>>
https://youtu.be/MWPw_D5vpuw

Myakka Skunk Ape film.

Story goes that a guy was driving along a road in Myakka when he noticed a woman on the side of the road filming. He slowed down to see what she was filming and realized what it was. He went a bit deeper into the grass than she did. The still shots are nice but I hope someone stabilizes it eventually.
>>
I have very big feet so Bigfoot is confirmed
>>
File: tumblr_ng5pfwiBYr1qbwehao1_500.gif (458 KB, 416x312) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ng5pfwiBYr1qbwehao1_500.gif
458 KB, 416x312
>>17753997
>Dat thigh muscle movement.

That Big Foot have some curves.
>>
>>17756217

Watch the film.

Foot hits the ground, the, I presume, vastus lateralis continues to move because of inertia and then stops once it contracts. I would love to see a costume circa 1967 capable of that.
>>
>>17753994
kek.
>>
>>17753507
This. Also, gorillas have been known to attack if a silver back thought his group was threatened. these things are omnivorous and are perfectly capable of killing. They have seen us hunting enough to know that we can kill also, so they avoid us.
>>
>>17753445
The trumpet player?
>>
>>17751933
I know they were hunted alot back in "wild western" times down between the Texas/Mexico border.
>>
>>17756524
Those were mexicans anon.
>>
We just need some rich fucker to get tons of drones rigged up with awesome cameras and find the bigfeets.

The could find Saddam in a hole in the shit desert they should be able to find a bigfoot
>>
>>17756571

>Saddam

What a stupid comparison. But I'll bite: put a $25 million bounty on a Bigfoot, dead or alive, and you'll have one within a year.
>>
Bump to keep this thread alive. This is arguably the most /x/ topic in the catalog right now.
>>
>>17756526
>both hairy creatures that smell like shit and speak in unintelligible grunts

I got confused, my bad.
>>
>>17757293
>Relevant.
>>
>>17751889
A skunk ape is smaller than this specimen and red
>blood like

My dad and I have had first had experience, at different times (decades apart)

Request will get a green text storie
>>
>>17758209
Gimme, I want more cryptid apes.
>>
So..I'm currently studying apes and homo ancestors, how is it that Sasquatch is always taller than us, knowing that every single one of our ancestors were not even as tall as a manlet in this days?
Around 18 million years ago is the time when apes and hominids branched off, how's it posible that a bunch of fuckers didn't evolve in all those years of fucking climate changes with complete mongoloid brains thru natural selection?
Most of the ancestral apes are obviously dead, because they evolved to become more adequate to their enviroment, archeological founds here in America (as a continent, cunt) are quite scarse, in any ways, it's quite stupid in a biological sense to think that they evolved to be bipedal but not to became more and more hairless; evolution tends to equilibrate itself.
This is my point of view, I know it's annoying and purely cientific, but hey, just tryna make some sense, I remain skeptical.
>>
Patterson was a known con man to the point where he knowingly bounced the check he used to buy the camera that footage was shot with
>>
>>17756249
I think you are reading way too much into this. The video quality isnt even good enough to be sure about such details
>>
>>17758799
>bounced a cheque
>must be a conman
>>
>>17759532
thats not at all what was said, you retard
>>
>>17759508

You can literally see the fucking movement, clear as day, in MK's stabilization.
>>
File: 1456690524415.jpg (27 KB, 353x459) Image search: [Google]
1456690524415.jpg
27 KB, 353x459
>i've been a bigfoot enthusiast for 25 years but i have yet to find anything
>>
>>17759641
you see something move. you only see "vastus lateralis continues to move because of inertia and then stops once it contracts" if you want to see something like this. again: video quality isnt even good enough to be sure about such details
>>
>>17758377
keep studying guy you'll get there eventually.
>how is it that Sasquatch is always taller than us
Largest known ape was over 3m (9'9")

>didn't evolve
What? You mean didn't develop towards some imaginary goal you invented? Everything has evolved to be exactly what it is.

>Most of the ancestral apes are obviously dead
most of everything that's ever been alive is dead, what's your point? If they weren't extinct they wouldn't be the evolutionary ancestors of a current species, they'd be dead members of the current species.

>bipedal but not to became more and more hairless
what? since when are they linked?

>purely cientific
purely out your ass dude
>>
So I know this is a pretty 'out there' idea, but this is /x/ so...
Perhaps there is a conspiracy of silence on the issue of bigfoot because they are wild type humans and proper analysis of their physiology would make it clear that we have been selectively bred from them.
Remember Dr. Ketchum found human mitochondrial DNA in hairs of a non-human phenotype/ physiology...
>>
Oddly enough I listened to a podcast with an episode about Bigfoot just yesterday. The guy brought up a pretty cool Native American story.

Basically, before Europeans showed up and way back when the Native 'Mericans were at the Mississippi Mound Builder stage, they talked about giant hairy people actually coming to trade with them from areas that they were not able to go very often. So they had valuable things to trade, and the natives were able to give them food, tools, etc. in return as well.

Then eventually shit hit the fan (I believe the story said that there was a war between human tribes and the giant hairy dudes backed out of it.) and the giant hairy people and human chiefs got together and started talking about making peace.

The big hairy guys basically said, "Yeah...we will never trade or ally with you ever again, and we are going to go deeper into the wilderness so you can never come find us." After the humans made some form of peace.

In short, they think we humans are assholes and want to be as far from us as possible.
>>
>>17759788
What podcast? Can I listen for free?
>>
>>17752773
>7
according to patterson and gimlin, the bigfoot they filmed was the last of a line of several of them. most stories of them are of several together unless its a young male who is either REALLY skittish, or hyper aggressive.
>>
>>17761013
It makes me sad to think that we lost Big Foot forever.

I still have hope for a small community to still be out there.

Theres types of primates all over the world, in every continent, why not in north america?

At least the skunk ape seems to still be out there.
>>
Leaving this here for you to all sperg over https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt29XSGtbM8
>>
>>17751889
bump
>>
File: IMG_0332.jpg (2 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0332.jpg
2 MB, 1944x2592
Personally I don't care much for bigfoot, whether it exists or not, but having lived in Washington for most of my life and hiked over at least half of it, I can see how something that big can go undiscovered for so long.
Planes crash and go undiscovered, people go missing and are never found, and trees fall with no one to ever hear them, deep in those forests. I think skeptics fail to realize just how big and dense the forests in the US, and all over the world for that matter, really are.

I for one don't believe that something like bigfoot live in the forests though. IF it exists it most likely lives underground in the tunnel systems and aquifers, only coming out to hunt or collect supplies for their lairs down under.
Missing 411 really got me thinking about this
>the missing persons hot spot map is similar to the US cave system map
>illegal to go spelunking into many cave systems or too deep into public ones (national park and government involvement?)
>we're not so sure just how deep the cave systems go
>bible refers to hell (underground) as smelling like sulfur while supposedly some bigfoot smell like sulfur as well
>some bigfoot/people tend to disappear without a trace in seconds or almost instantaneously (hidden underground trap door/tunnel)
>search dogs run up on dead ends (could be that the scent leads right beneath them)
>bigfoot eyes tend to always be described as red (light refracting off of the tapetum lucidum)

Anyways that's just my few points and what I think about the whole phenomena. If I do see a sasquatch on one of my outings to the woods then I'll be sure to send a few rounds of 10mm buffalo bore it's way, cut the head, right hand, right foot off, and take them with me.
>>
>>17759651

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw it.

>Krantz and others have noted natural-looking musculature visible as the creature moved, arguing this would be highly difficult or impossible to fake
>>
I thought Patterson was a special effects guy ?
>>
I'm not so sure about a sasquatch in Saskatchewan. .I lived there for 2 years ..you can litteraly see for a 100 miles it's so flat...maybe in the coolies or forested areas but they are very little of those...Alberta and B.C. maybe...but the footage in Saskatchewan is most likely kids board cruising the grids bored out of their farmer skulls and looking to be youtube famous
>>
>>17752457
so you are a reddit?
>>
>>17752508
why doesnt the ass bonk?
>>
>>17753476
>Intelligence and violence are not connected.
U SURE BRO??? U SURE???
>>
>>17753476
>taking away one will not make all the others just magically disappear in a puff of smoke.
yeah its not like you just eliminated future generations or anything
>>
>>17754001

retard
>>
>>17762910
>>illegal to go spelunking into many cave systems or too deep into public ones (national park and government involvement?)
>>we're not so sure just how deep the cave systems go
>>bible refers to hell (underground) as smelling like sulfur while supposedly some bigfoot smell like sulfur as well
>>some bigfoot/people tend to disappear without a trace in seconds or almost instantaneously (hidden underground trap door/tunnel)
>>search dogs run up on dead ends (could be that the scent leads right beneath them)
>>bigfoot eyes tend to always be described as red (light refracting off of the tapetum lucidum)
holy shit
>>
>>17763125
Im sure. A lot of people have some sort of confirmation bias. again: video quality isnt even good enough to be sure about such details
>>
>>17763179

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jUXkq_HVgIc
>>
>>17763240

See

>>17763243

It happens immediately after it looks at the camera. Right thigh. If you can't see subtle movement, I don't know what to tell you. Or just Google "Patterson Gimlin video muscle".
>>
>>17763248
Oh, I can see subtle movement.
>>
>>17763243
you can clearly see that the ass does not move and that it is detached from the legs
you can also see a clear separation between the upper and lower body and ass.
finally, if the suit is made out of hair and carpet like the guy said, then it makes perfect sense that the legs would have some room, and therefore have some bounce with each step, which could be interpreted as muscle
>>
>>17763240
>>17763276
this
I'm always confused when people say how "anatomical correct" the suit is
>>
>>17763276

Luckily for us, your argument is not new and has been long settled.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MKUwdHex1Zs
>>
>>17763302
how has it been settled? by that youtube video?
>>
>>17763302
>lets draw out a bunch of imaginary details from grainy shiitty low quality film
>that will "prove" its real
>>
>>17763302
>ad hoc explanations
>no clear answers, just weird excuses
>settled
ok
>>
>>17763307

No. By people like Bill Munns and Grover Krantz. Experts in their related fields.

>>17763314

Not saying it proves its real. Saying it addresses his argument. Lrn2read.
>>
>>17763302
how do you respond to the guy that says he wore the suit?
>>
>>17763302
ok, if it is old news, say it with your own words. Why are parts of his body seperated from other parts of his body? Why is his ass not moving?
>>
>>17763326
>No. By people like Bill Munns and Grover Krantz. Experts in their related fields
thats not an argument, even if one would accept those guys as "experts in their related fields". how has it been settled?
>>
>>17763328

How the fuck do you expect me to rationalize or explain the locomotives of an unknown primate?

It's very fucking easy to point out the obvious flaws, eg. hips, ankles, knees, and shoulders not lining up to human proportions at all. I can't tell you what it is but it's easy to tell you what it's not.
>>
>>17763331

Absolutely is. Why do you think they have expert witnesses in court?
>>
>>17763302
just sayin the ass should move and the butt plate shouldnt separate from the body every step if its a real ape
>>
>>17763332
>How the fuck do you expect me to rationalize or explain the locomotives of an unknown primate?
I dont. Thats the thing, one cant expect this from anybody. But it is amazing how some subtle movement on a low quality video gets interpreted as muscle x CLEARLY moving in y type mannner .... , but the obvious flaws and oddities get overlooked or explained away by making even more assumptions
>>
>>17763343

You have no precedent for that statement. We have found no hip or leg bones from Gigantopithecus, the largest genus of ape to ever existed.
>>
>>17763342
>expert witness is court says the guy is guilty
>judge pounds gavel and immediately sentences defendent
>jury not needed
>>
>>17763342
appeal to authority is never a good argument, mate. In this case the "authority" is even questionable, but thats besides the point. It doesnt matter who said it was true, it matters why/how it is true
>>
>>17763349

I never said it was moving in any manner, least of all in a way unusual to humans. My point is that replicating muscle movement via 1967 costume standards by two blue collar guys is.....impossible.
>>
>>17763353

Do you hear them confirming the existence of Bigfoot or do you see them ruling out a man in the costume?

Are you familiar with mutual exclusiveness?
>>
>>17763351
>its absurd to think that primates DONT have solid assplates!!1
jesus fuck man
>>
>>17763351
but thats simple bio mechanics. of course the leg muscles connect with the hip
>>
>>17763351
im saying that its a fucking costime with a plastic ass and every time he steps his leg pushes the plastic ass back so you can see a gap between his real ass and the costume you dumbass
>>
>>17763357
>My point is that replicating muscle movement via 1967 costume standards by two blue collar guys is.....impossible
it isnt, but they didnt. there is no clear muscle movement.
>>
>>17763357
do you have any precedence to assume that bigfoot has leg muscles?
>>
>>17763360
>>17763359

Yes, we know they exist, hence why they know to look. That said, we have no clue that they look like or how they functioned.
>>
>>17763376

You're missing the point. I'm not saying they didnt exist. I'm saying that until we know how they looked or were structured, it's foolish to assume.
>>
>>17753546
>ret dem fite
>>
File: HZ9N1m.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
HZ9N1m.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>
>>17763378
>That said, we have no clue that they look like or how they functioned
I dont know. people could make some well informed educated guesses and Im sure we have a glue what they definitely not look like
>>
>>17763394

Right. I'm not saying they look so far damn removed from what we've ever seen. But we can't say "Hey, bipeds have moving asses when we walk, this thing doesn't, must be fake!"
>>
>>17763378
>That said, we have no clue that they look like or how they functioned.
gonna go ahead and say that that is wrong
its pretty easy to guess when looking at other apes
>>
>>17763402

Alright. Then show me.
>>
>>17763400
dude the entire way an ass works is it tenses to move the legs
like thats the purpose of an ass
if the ass aint flexin then that shit aint walkin
>>
>>17763408
To be honest it looks more like a lot of fur than an ass.
>>
File: fig-06.jpg (29 KB, 372x536) Image search: [Google]
fig-06.jpg
29 KB, 372x536
>>17763407
ta da
>Bones in the human arm, the forelimbs of horses and dogs, a bat’s wing, and a penguin’s flipper all share a similarity in basic structural pattern called homology. What does this similarity (homology) mean: descent from a common ancestor (evolution), or creation according to a common plan (creation
>>
>>17763400
>"Hey, bipeds have moving asses when we walk, this thing doesn't, must be fake!"
this would be a valid thing to say
>>
>>17763416
hair is attached to ass and moves with it

looks like its just some hair glued to a plastic butt plate
>>
>>17763421
It obviously moves even a plastic butt would move the hair, the amount of fur could be hiding the muscle movement.
>>
>>17763427
hmmm, yet people can see subtle muscle movements when they speak against a suite
>>
>>17763417

No. Let me see your best guess of what a Gigantopithecus hip and leg bone would look like. You said it would be a pretty easy guess. So, let's see it.
>>
>>17763408

That is not the purpose of buttocks. Buttocks are for hip rotation and abduction movements. Knew that physiology course would pay off one day.
>>
>>17763427
a plastic butt wouldnt move the hair because its plastic
>>
File: Primatenskelett-drawing.jpg (307 KB, 1466x1636) Image search: [Google]
Primatenskelett-drawing.jpg
307 KB, 1466x1636
>>17763450
something similar to those 2, i would suppose
>>
>>17763460
so squats dont actually make your ass bigger?
>>
>>17763471

Ah. You would suppose?

Well, here is my point: we don't have hip bones of Gigantopithecus and therefore, don't know certain things like the size and shape of the ilium, which would tell us if it was bipedal or not. And, so, you see, that is the debate amongst many with regards to Gigantopithecus. We don't even know if they walked on 2 legs or 4.

But you dumbfucks around here want to talk like you know shit and how a fucking unknown primate would walk when we have a lot of fossils for a similarly large ape, Gigantopithecus, and we don't even know how it walked.

So, since it flew over most your head: you don't know enough to know you don't know enough. Stop fucking speculating about ape locomotion.
>>
>>17763494
nigger your arguing about literal asses trying to say there might be a bipedal creature with detachable butt plates then you have the nerve to say that we're the dumbfucks
>>
>>17763476

Well if you're doing squats right you'll be doing a lot of abduction movements, which like I said, the buttocks handles quite well.

What is this? Idiot day on 4chan?
>>
>>17763501

Never once said that. I said arguing locomotion of an unknown ape, or even using a similar ape for comparison, is fucking stupid because we don't know so much.

And what the fuck is a butt plate? The ilium? Sacrum?
>>
>>17763506
ITS A PART OF THE SHITTY COSTUME THE GUY IS WEARING IN THE SHITTY VIDEO YOU STUPID FAGGOT
>>
>>17763506
the unknown ape is a human in a costume stop trying to argue about the locomotion of bigfoot based on a video that the creators admitted was fake
>>
>>17763391
when will they learn
>>
>>17763512

Again, where did I argue that it had a detachable "butt plate"?

Also, calm down dude. Ask mom to bring home something from Taco Bell for dinner.

>>17763518

Actually Patterson and Gimlin never said it was anything but what they've said all along. You're thinking of Bob Heironimus, who claimed he was the man in the suit. He promptly shut the fuck up when Gimlin brought suit against him. Why? He had zero proof other than his story.
>>
>>17763530
ive been arguing the whole time that you can tell its a costume because you can see the separation between legs, upper body, and butt plate in the film.
youve been stupidly trying to argue that its "just some unknown creature, mannn"
>>
>>17763534

http://www2.isu.edu/rhi/pdf/ANALYSIS%20INTEGRITY%20OF%20THE%20PATTERSON-GIMLIN%20FILM%20IMAGE_final.pdf

Have a research paper since video analysis isn't sufficient for you. Peer reviewed.
>>
>>17763534
>>17763538

Sorry. Wrong paper. Here it is:

http://www2.isu.edu/rhi/pdf/Munns-%20Meldrum%20Final%20draft.pdf
>>
>>17763538
>One issue not analyzed conclusively is the suspicion that the film itself has been somehow tampered
useless
>>
>>17763547

Relax. I copied the wrong link. See the right one above.
>>
>>17763546
>Comparisons to features of
surface anatomy and variations in appearance
of subcutaneous adipose tissue in humans and
nonhuman primates, especially the closely
related great apes have generally been
neglected.

yo why is it okay for them to compare bigfoot to other apes but when i do it you call me a dumbass?
>>
>>17763391
that's obviously a guy in a gorilla suit
>>
>>17763530
>Taco Bell for dinner
its morning you stupid sandshit
>>
>>17763557

Maybe because you've used the term "butt plate" to describe both a hominid AND a hominid and a suit? Guess I shouldn't have assumed.
>>
>>17756185
UK Size 12 muthafucka...
>>
>>17763575
>UK Size 12
lol what is that, size 7 us?
>>
>>17762910
Anyone got a link for Missing 411 book in pdf or epub?
>>
>>17763566

Go figure out the Somerton man's indentity and stop trying to figure out our cryptids.
>>
>>17763391
Less ass than taylor swift. Didnt think it possible..
>>
>>17763580

Don't waste your time. He cherry picks like crazy. I've detailed the problems with his account of Theresa Ann Bier's disappearance on here before. Google an Archive.
>>
>>17763546
I have a job now I can't be reading this.

Well, fuck it, my boss will have to wait.
>>
>>17763606

It's mostly pictures. Good read.
>>
Can we talk about the Marble Mountain sighting for a while?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD8XSQbayXs

Some interesting points I'd like to raise:

Raw Amateur footage at a time where both realistic costumes and camera effects were rarely inaccessible to the average person, and poor quality at best anyway.

Multiple witnesses, including children and adults.

Definitely not scripted, you can tell by the awkwardness of the dialogue and the reactions seem genuine.

Seems as though its part of genuine family footage, as the clip at the end suggests, seems unlikely a hoaxer would go through the effort of adding that small scene.

Now something very substantial.
They are way up the mountains.
The den they observe is comprised of very, very thick tree branches.
They are not clean cut, they are torn right from the tree.
All of those men and boys could not achieve that together.
They could not get machinery capable of doing that up there.
The tree were not struck by lightning, there are no burn marks, they have been ripped off and dragged.

Then there is the very large, hominid on the mountainside.
Its movement are very realistic and again, average people could not recreate something like that.
>>
>>17763660
>Can we talk about
tumblr kill yourself
>>
>>17763660

Any estimates on the height of whatever it was on the mountain peak?

As for the den, it appears to be mostly green wood. That reinforces what you said. If the wood was ripped from the trees or the ground, that is very, very, very hard to do. Very labor intensive.

Green wood is still high in moisture and very pliable. It would be damn hard for a human to rip a small sized branch from a tree. If you need proof of this, go find a branch an inch or so in diameter still on a tree and try to pull it off.
>>
>>17763660
well it is basically just a silhouette in the distance. kind of creepy video, but not very convincing as proof
>>
>>17763676
Hard to say but it manages to descend along the ridge very quickly, covering a fair amount of distance in a short while. Assuming those are large trees, and judging by the amount of zoom, I would suggest it is well over ten foot.

If a person was in a large suit, with extended limbs that also have unnaturally distanced joints in them, I would find it hard to believe that they could bound down the hillside like that.

Watch the stabilised version in the OP for clarification.

>>17763674
I'm just trying to guide the conversation away from the "done to death" patterson footage, I've never been on tumblr you pedantic faggot
>>
>>17763660
spewky
it covered a lot of ground fast, and looked damn tall
though what bothers me most about the video is that they slept there that night
>>
>>17763702
>I've never been on tumblr you pedantic faggot
im sorry anon friendly fire
and yes thanks i was getting sick of it too
>>
>>17763697
Its the movement that is concerning, look at the scale of its arms and where the elbow bend is.

Look at the relaxed way it carries its frame as it moves quickly along, its posture is entirely different from a humans.

Those things would be very hard to emulate for some average corny family up in the mountains.
>>
>>17763704
Yeah that is strange, you know what dumb shit middle age people are like though "theres nothing to worry about, probably just some guy". You can even hear the dumb bitch saying he'll have to delete the footage when he's proved wrong.

If they moved camp it would mean they have accepted the possibility of sighting a real live bigfoot and most people are too stubborn to accept something like that.
>>
>>17763716
true
they did seem to be joking about it as if they were trying not to believe what they were seeing, and in fairness their minds probably couldnt handle it
>>
Another compelling video.
Why would these people trek a mountain, up to over 7k, with a huge, articulated costume, to hoax a video?
What would they stand to gain?
Would it be realistic to send someone way out into that valley in the suit, on their own?

Again, look at the amount of ground it covers, that is deep fucking snow, anyone who has walked in the same will know how near impossible it is.
>>
>>17763723
They had kids and at least one old woman there too, seems more likely they would stay rather than leave camp and find a new spot late in the day.
>>
>>17763726
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYz9L_jl-0Q

forgot link
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe6DN1OoxjE

This should be compulsory viewing for anyone interested in sasquatch and who is wondering how hominids fit into the world alongside us.

Interesting viewing for sceptics also, its a long one so expect a few sittings to get through it.
>>
>>17763738
but i mean if the thing is walking towards them and disappears from view behind some trees...like come on
>>
>>17763726
kek
>hey go hike 2 miles down into that valley
>anything4views
>>
>>17763747
Through deep snow, in a suit, in the middle of nowhere.

Views aren't worth that much.

>>17763744
How many times have you played something of as a figment of your imagination?
Not saying that it proves its legit, but it explains their behaviour.
>>
>>17763756
>How many times have you played something of as a figment of your imagination?
>Not saying that it proves its legit, but it explains their behaviour.
BUT mannnnn
im just saying i woulda been fuckin gone
>>
>>17763760
Some people are brazen in their stupidity, pigheaded and arrogant.

That one kid talking about converting a rifle into a tranq gun to capture it and sell it for money.

They entertain the idea of it being real but only as a passing joke, it may even be lingering at the back of their minds niggling away, but of course sasquatches can't be real, so they get on with the camping trip and make smores.
>>
>>17763276
I agree with you but all I can think about is how the same applies to Kim Kardashian.
>>
>>17759646
Ive been one for like 4 years and already found footrpints, heard howls, knocks, etc. Even got watched by some huge figure between two trees in the dark
>>
>>17753328
>Reminder that Patterson had a camera because he was filming a movie about two cowboys finding Bigfoot.

Reminder that Patterson was filming a movie about two cowboys finding Bigfoot because he was a cowboy that had been curious about the American Yeti, and had heard about sightings in the area he was filming in.

What's so hard to understand about that?
>>
>>17753960
>I don't really know if I agree with him. It's possible scepticism just immediately took over when he saw it

I don't agree with him.

Pic related clearly demonstrates the issues faced with building suits back in the day. Take note of the elbow joints, and you can clearly see the material of the costume bunching up in an unnatural way, clearly identifying them as suits. When you examine any of the contemporary costumes of the time, you see the same bunched up material at the knee and elbow joints....unless it's covered up with fake fur.

The Patterson film doesn't display this characteristic anywhere, on any of the joints, despite the fact that it's moving, and it was filmed in 1967....5 years before pic related.

I don't see how any costume designer can look at that film and say it was a suit, as they should be well familiar with the issues of costume design in the days before spandex and more elastic materials.

I hold the opinion that Winston made this statement in an effort to drum up business for himself, as the Patterson film looks like a real creature, and by claiming it's a suit and saying "Yes, I can make that kind of suit...", it would lead film and TV projects to hire him in order to capture that same kind of realism. Looking at pic related, however, it's obvious that he failed to capture anything even remotely close to the kind of realistic looking creature that's on the Patterson film, five years after the fact.
>>
>>17758799
>Patterson was a known con man

So was Nixon, that doesn't mean we didn't actually go to the moon...
>>
File: Die Grossfuss.gif (4 MB, 1070x216) Image search: [Google]
Die Grossfuss.gif
4 MB, 1070x216
>>17759508
>The video quality isnt even good enough to be sure about such details...

It is for those of us with 20/20 vision, anon.
>>
>>17759641

Not if you're a skeptic or a troll.
>>
File: Bob says this is what you see.gif (73 KB, 397x416) Image search: [Google]
Bob says this is what you see.gif
73 KB, 397x416
>>17763327
With riotous laughter.

Pic related
>>
>>17763970
no it isnt. this has nothing to do with your eyesight
>>
>>17763276
You seriously cant see any of those things in that picture.
>>
>>17756165
apparently people went after that thing and it fled into the forests, as the people got over to its rough position there were dead pigs lying everywhere
>>
>>17764190
but in the video
>>
Bigfoot is mai waifu
>>
>>17763946
Gargoyles was a dope ass movie.
>>
Dear God please be true...

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/pages/utah-man-finds-bigfoot-skull
>>
File: itsafuckingstone.jpg (146 KB, 680x900) Image search: [Google]
itsafuckingstone.jpg
146 KB, 680x900
>>17764268
>May dismissed their criticism of his find as pure jealousy, telling the paper, "there's haters out there, other Bigfoot enthusiasts that don't like that I found something first."
I dont know man. The fact that he responds to criticism like a 14 year old youtuber is not the only thing that makes me question his claims
>>
Bigfoot came out of the bushes and sucked my dick
>>
>>17763391
Worst fake in this thread
>>
>>17763864
some people just suck at finding bigfoot (bigfoot hunter, im looking at you)
>>
>>17763868
reminder that you have autism
>>
>>17763946
i was actually going to point out that you can see bunching on the back of its knee, where the material bends in a pattern characteristic to, say fabric
>>
>>17764877
>>
>>17763991
image search leads to this
http://www.rense.com/general52/suit.htm
how do you plead?
>>
>>17764190
>>
File: bigoof gif that i made 2.gif (4 MB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
bigoof gif that i made 2.gif
4 MB, 360x360
>>17764190
you can clearly see the butt plate separating from the actor's ass
>>
>>17763358
Mutual Exclusitivity*,
You fucking mongoloid, mouth-breathing, cock smoking, commie loving, dick tickling, piece of shit, pants-on-head retarded, double nigger.
>>
>>17765012
Looks all connected to me, anon.

/shrug
>>
>>17764910

I plead more riotous laughter.

There's a lot of people that claim they made "the suit", or COULD make "the suit", or that they wore "the suit", and yet there has NEVER been a suit offered that even remotely resembles what is displayed on the film.

Why is that?

Why hasn't the magic "suit" turned up after almost 50 years?

Imagine the money that could be made touring with the "bigfoot suit" that managed to "fool" so many.

The reason it hasn't turned up is because it doesn't exist, because the creature in the film wasn't a man wearing a suit.
>>
>>17765362
Because it's more profitable for people to believe it is real footage than outright debunk it.
>>
>>17765362
the fact is that the creature in the film was a man wearing a suit.
however I want to make it clear that I do believe bigfoot is out there, but this film isnt showing it
>>
>>17764877
That doesn't look like fabric to me, anon.

None of the joints look like fabric.

Keep trolling and shitposting anyway.
>>
>>17765376
of course it doesnt
you see what you want to see
>>
>>17765369
Profitable for who?

Patterson is dead. His widowed wife is still living in the same house they had in the 70's, as far as I know. Gimlin is still a relatively poor cowboy.

So who is cashing in on this story, anon?

Cash and fame is an unreasonable argument as there is no evidence to support it.

>>17765375

I don't agree.

Nobody has ever came up with anything that even remotely resembles what was shot on that film.

>>17765387

Same to you, troll.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owMa58zO8gs
>>
>>17765376
>>17765388

>anything that doesnt agree with me is trolling and shitposting
are you fuckign kidding me?
>>
>>17765396
whoah
>>
>>17763991
thats really not too dissimilar.
the main difference that the b&w version had longer legs

if youre greeting that with rioutous laughter then maybe you should point some of that laughter towards yourself
>>
>>17765396
That's Jesus though
>>
File: OMG it's Bigfoot.jpg (12 KB, 248x203) Image search: [Google]
OMG it's Bigfoot.jpg
12 KB, 248x203
>>17765424
Sure, Stevie Wonder.

Looks just like it.

Here's another one that looks just like it...
>>
>>17765435
*rioutous laughter directed at your great sense of humor*
>>
>>17765387
Here's a cat for you, anon.
>>
File: Kitty kat.jpg (122 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Kitty kat.jpg
122 KB, 500x375
>>17765442
>>17765441

Here's a cat for you, too, anon.
>>
>>17765435
here's a cat for you anon
>>
>>17765289

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/mutual+exclusiveness

You're mad. And wrong. And presumably more mad because of this.
>>
>>17765012

Told you cock suckers you could clearly see muscle groups moving.
>>
>>17765012
Is it just me or does Bigfoot also seem to have breasts, large breasts. Female of the species perhaps?
>>
File: lkNiK.jpg (144 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
lkNiK.jpg
144 KB, 960x640
bigfoot doesnt exist
>>
>>17765944
god this pic is perfect
>>
>>17765927

Yes. That's why they call her "Patty".
>>
>>17751889
You fuckers need to stop spamming this shit on /tv/ or we will crash your threads
>>
>600 milion people living in NA
>Still no convincing evidence of Bigfoot.

I don't get it. How's this possible? Why don't bigfoot hunters group up and sweep the forests? With IR and NV cameras, no way they wouldn't be able find anything.

There are sighting hotspots, just go there and wait him out.
>>
>>17766120
Certain areas are off limits/ surprisingly unexplored
>>
>>17766120
nigger do you realise how fucking huge NA is and how 90% of all people live in or near a city
>>
>>17766120

Have you never been in a plane? Take a cross country flight if you ever have the chance. You'll realize how uninhabited a majority of the US is.
>>
>>17765012
That's a good gif. I could see muscles moving when he plants his right foot on the ground. I could also see his head turning so that eliminates the one piece suit. Also pic related.
>>
File: 468J6F9V1.gif (80 KB, 431x275) Image search: [Google]
468J6F9V1.gif
80 KB, 431x275
>>17766777
Also trips 777 so it must be true lol.
forgot pic.
>>
>>17766233
>>17766155
>>17766270

Yes, but it's still a primitive animal living in the woods. There's no way a bunch of skilled hunters wouldn't be able to track it down.
It must have some sort of migration pattern, favourite places, nests, hunting areas.
>>
>>17766786
>Yes, but it's still a primitive animal living in the woods. There's no way a bunch of skilled hunters wouldn't be able to track it down.

I agree. However, unless said hunter is willing to live in the environment long enough, the probability of finding one is extremely remote.

The terrain these things live and move in, is unforgiving, steep, heavily forested, and a serious pain in the ass to move in for the typical human. I've humped the Appalachians in the east, and the Cascade range in the west, during my military career, and it's an ass kicker. There aren't many hunters willing to do that day in and day out, and most people don't have the time, or money, to devote a big chunk of a year trying to track one of these things down.

>It must have some sort of migration pattern, favourite places, nests, hunting areas.

Those are distinct possibilities.

The areas they are reported to live in was once home to brown bears, which are large omnivores, and since the brown bears have been largely eliminated, there should be less resource competition for large omnivores that may reside in the area.

Regardless, if they are as intelligent as the typical primate, and wary as fuck of man, then finding them won't be easy for anyone.
>>
>Bigfoot thread
>Becomes circlejerk about Patterson footage as if it's somehow impossible to talk about Bigfoot without someone bringing it up
>>
>>17763566
Taco bell has breakfast too.
>>
My aunt claims she saw and heard the Carolina Woolybooger (Southern bigfoot) in the 70s.

>aunt is teen
>home alone watching the TV
>suddenly hears someone run up on the porch and the sound of the door knob being jiggled violently
>hears a growl/grunt and a man screaming
>peeks out the window to see large hairy thing lope past
>calls the cops
>they find nothing

It was also the early 70s so my aunt could have been on drugs but she is so serious when she tells that story
>>
>>17765396
The face looks so terrifying, he just looks so casual.
>>
File: Bsg.jpg (154 KB, 580x481) Image search: [Google]
Bsg.jpg
154 KB, 580x481
>>17766069
> implying /x/ isn't already shit.
Glhf fag.
>>
File: 1435548176846.jpg (11 KB, 300x269) Image search: [Google]
1435548176846.jpg
11 KB, 300x269
>>17764268
>>17764438
that's a fucking rock, kids

Fossils don't get warped like that
>>
>>17768261

I don't think you understand how petrifaction works, friend.

Also, someone get ready to make another general.
>>
>>17768287
Are you trying to say that a fossil technically is a "rock"? Or are you saying that fossils get warped like that?
>>
>>17759766
That guys' belief system says to him that all monkeys are supposed to evolve into men.
>>
>>17763207
Many MIB, UFO, Mothman, devil, bigfoot, etc sightings are attached to sulphur smells. John Keel writes in great detail about these things in his fantastic books.
>>
>>17765375
It's not a fact, anon. It's your opinion.

>>17765424
all the joint/limb proportions are different, anon. all of them, as has been amply pointed out by people critically viewing the video and saying it's not a guy in a suit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.