[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've watched a few of the X-Men recently, and they had me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: 1421449087463.png (256 KB, 599x387) Image search: [Google]
1421449087463.png
256 KB, 599x387
I've watched a few of the X-Men recently, and they had me thinking. What if mutants actually existed? It would actually semi-explain a lot of paranormal events and entities. For example:
-Moth Man
-Jersey Devil
-Big Foot
-Spring Heeled Jack
It would also explain people who have psychic abilities but 99% of everyone else doesn't, how some people can perform "magic", or how people can seemingly experience glitches in the matrix or time/dimensional shifting.
However what would still remain unknown is what's causing it - whether it's evolution or something else, I've no clue.
>>
Take a basic genetics class and you'll see that everything you just wrote is very stupid
>>
You spelled 'perform' correctly. GJ. Most of /x/ spells it 'preform.'
>>
>>17750431
It doesn't have to be something genetic, I was only throwing that out there as a possibility.
>>
>>17750431
Damn nigga chill.
>>
>>17750616
He's probably mad, that if OP is correct, that it would be impossible for him to ever experience any paranormal thing.
>>
>>17750423
>It would also explain people who have psychic abilities but 99% of everyone else doesn't

Psychic abilities aren't real

>How some people can perform "magic"

Magic and "magic" are not real

>or how people can seemingly experience glitches in the matrix or time/dimensional shifting.

The Matrix isn't real, time/dimensional shifting has never occurred and most likely never will
>>
>>17751644
Why
>>
maybe you're on to something here
>>
Evolutionary progress is a very slow accumulation over thousands of generations. The odds of a human being born with all the mutations to create something like wings, super strength, or psychic ability in a single generation is astronomically low. Genetic experiments maybe, but there's no way they could exist by natural causes. Not with the types of "mutations" seen in the Xmen universe.
>>
Half of this scarily makes sense

Creatures such as the Jersey Devil are more animal like creatures, so it's unlikely that they would "evolve" from humans, however Mothman, Sasquatch (may even be a relative of Gigantopithecus) and Sprink Heeled Jack semi make sense. It could also explain many instances of Ki/Qui/Chi abilities such as setting things on fire with your mind

However the whole idea of psychics is ridiculous, all of the people who claim to be psychics are just con artists
>>
>>17751785
Bro, you seen mad.

This thread needs a bump
>>
File: fucking_stupid_thread.jpg (33 KB, 310x394) Image search: [Google]
fucking_stupid_thread.jpg
33 KB, 310x394
>>17751792
Who's going to bump this stupid shit?
>>
>>17751916
Holy shit how fucking salty can one anon get?
>>
File: 1462223005560.jpg (29 KB, 279x304) Image search: [Google]
1462223005560.jpg
29 KB, 279x304
>>17750423
The world doesn't work like that, kid.
>>
>>17752209
Literally nothing that was said requires any fantastic leaps of thinking, and contains thoughts that the majority of /x/ would agree on - paranormal stuff happen, cryptids exist, etc. What you're doing is shitting up the thread by spamming shitposts. I could call you a shill, but I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt.
Now how about you fuck off to your stupid lame
>guyz how to summonz succubus
or you're stupid
>guyz i want my fortune told
threads which are a hell of a lot more fucking shit, and staler then your grandfather's farts, "kid".
>>
File: hqdefault-2.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-2.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
>>17752209
>>17751916
>>17750431
This little mutant boy born with myostatin deficiency blows everything you know out of the water.
>>
>>17752270

I have read about that,but new research shows it is not that uncommon, just in different strengths. It's not a deficiency, just a variation. Reports show there is an increase in metabolism and below average body fat across the board, but muscle density is anywhere from 15-60% higher than people without the "mutation".

That's probably where you have people who can eat infinitely but never get fat. They are in the 15% density, so are not observably stronger, just impossibly thin.
>>
>>17750423
Mutants are much less possible than things like Big Foot or even the Jersey Devil just being real.
>>
>>17750431
Uh how would taking genetics nullify everything he said? Go get fucked in an alley.
>>
>>17752209
>weeaboo
>calls people kid
>>
>>17752209
Start a succubus thread I know you want to.
>>
>>17750431
When /sci/ visits /x/: the post
>>
>>17750423

Technically all men are have mutated genomes.

We're all developed as female fetuses (XX Chromosomes), but after a few weeks the mother's body pumps in testosterone which causes the XX Chromosomes to become XY, thereby turning us male.

So really, something like ~50% (Give or take depending on certain regions, such as China) of the world's population are mutants.
>>
If you define "mutant" as literally anything that is not human, then yes, it does explain every paranormal occurrence.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.