[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /x/, I've been getting slightly spooped lately. I keep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1453811810635.gif (992 KB, 240x135) Image search: [Google]
1453811810635.gif
992 KB, 240x135
Hey /x/, I've been getting slightly spooped lately.

I keep seeing someone (or something (oh shit!)) pass in my peripheral vision, walking around the apartment. I assumed at first that it was just my eyes having trouble but its been going on for a month or two and it just happened 5min ago and I realised that it ONLY happens in my apartment.

Its started freaking me out alot, like its not a blob, I can really see a humanoid figure passing by me. Its at its scariest at night, 3 days ago I saw it peaking through my doorframe at night.

I am not a superstituous man but I can be open minded, therefore I don't know anything about demons and ghosts but I know you boys and gals do.

Any thoughts or ideas? I can give more details of you ask specific questions.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1005x656) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1005x656
I think I found the problem, your head is horribly misshapen.
>>
>>17750379
Now that's a dandy-ass meme
>>
>>17750370
The tulpa community cites peripheral appearances as the early stages of imposition (full hallucination).
>>
>>17750386
I don't know a whole lot about tulpas, but isn't that something I have to "summon" or "create" willingly?
>>
>>17750370
maybe a dog
>>
>>17750391
I assume your joking but just in case, no
>>
>>17750389
Usually, but there are definite cases where authors end up with tulpa of the characters they tell stories about. Practice enough and anything's possible.
>>
>>17750400
Well I do enjoy drawing and writing but theres only ONE character that keeps coming back... IF I accidently tulpa'd that character, could it ever try to harm me? Could it even do that?
>>
>>17750409
>Could it even do that?
No. It's all in your head. As an author, you should know this innately. You created it, you control it. It can only be as autonomous as you're comfortable.
>>
>>17750420
Ok, still doesn't explain why I only see it at home though, plus its kind of a stretch to immediatly assume its a tulpa
>>
>>17750426
The idea with tulpa is that they have a life of their own, despite being locked inside your head. They can sometimes create the own wonderland, and if you're a highly imaginative guy like me then it's all but a certainty that they will. They might just like hanging around a mental space constructed from your house/home/room, and they're really good at staying within that mental space. Your brain, since it doesn't know how to tell virtual visualizations from real visualization, could be getting its wires crossed such that your tulpa, which for some reason I think is female, is showing up in your peripheral vision.

It might not be a tulpa at all though, but my advice is the same whether it's a tulpa or not.

Try to contact it. It doesn't sound malicious.
>>
>>17750458
TL;DR of that first paragraph is that your potential tulpa would have developed to the point of having a preference about their locality. After awhile a tulpa will develop a sense of where they are, so having a preference about it would be the next organic step in the tulpa's development. Again, not saying you have a tulpa, but it's not uncommon for writers to accidentally make tulpa so you do kinda fit the bill. Could be any other type of entity though.
>>
>>17750458
>>17750470
That's actually really interesting! And as I said I'm not really superstitious so how is it actually real? I mean, is there a link to mental health in all this? No offense meant.

It's also alot to take in but I am excited by the idea of it, if it is indeed friendly and real, thanks alot anon, I mean it
>>
>>17750478
>is there a link to mental health in all this?
Yes. If you freak out too much and talk to the wrong people about it then you'll feel oppressed and start to get paranoid and act out. It's never healthy to have people denying your experiences.

Other than that, no. It's not an idea people are generally open to yet, so mind your manners and you'll be fine. Think of mental disorders as social disorders rather than things afflicting only the individual with the disorder.
>>
It's maybe just pareidolia + you are scared
>>
>>17750426
What plants do you own?
Feed them, give the proper light, the more you pay attention, the more they *play* for it.
>>
If you have trees close by, their a lot more temperamental.
>>
>>17751304
>>17751311
The fuck are you going on about?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.