[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
oddly accurate lightnings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 470799654.0.0.jpg (27 KB, 755x504) Image search: [Google]
470799654.0.0.jpg
27 KB, 755x504
so this was the score yesterday:

> 4 hikers in Poland / Slovakia (1 dead)
> 33 footballers (29 children) in Germany, although the weather was fine, no rain, no clouds
> 11 people from a children's birthday party in France

The odds to be struck is 1:960,000. On an average, there are 33 deaths and 234 injuries by lightning for the US in a year. In Germany the number varies between 40-50 injured people in a year. I didn't find numbers for Europe, though.

The cumulation is rather remarkable im my opinion. The odds were against them, I guess, but let's have some fun making up theories:

> angry god(s)
> secret new weapon test (this would be rather malicious, wouldn't it?)
> magick

http://www.lightningsafety.noaa.gov/odds.shtml
http://www.faz.net/aktuell/gesellschaft/blitze-toeten-und-verletzen-menschen-14257896.html
>>
>>17748023

Yeah, don't fuck with Thor I guess
>>
>>17748071
Either that or he and Zeus got rip-roaring drunk and started a pissing match.
>>
Slovak reporting in
since you mentioned Polish/Slovak hikers it was probably on a very tall mountain, of which there are many on the Poland-Slovakia border... Deaths in that area are not uncommon at all since it's fairly dangerous, and people are generally pretty retarded and go there unprepared and careless... besides that, how the fuck can a lightning strike kill 30 people in one shot?
>>
>>17748075

Fun Fact! The original Indo-European sky and thunder god was named something like Dyeus Patr ("Sky Father").

Linguistically this turned into Zeus and, in Norse, Tyr/Tiw. For some reason Zeus ended up with the more fatherly aspect plus the thunder thing, but Tyr ended up as a sky god with the thunder farmed out to Thor/Donar and the father farmed out to Odin/Wotan
>>
>>17748083
they were standing together and got injured; there was only 1 kill (which I named)

you are right that it is not very clever to go hiking, when a thunderstorm was announced. On the other hand there was no thunderstorm in my area, also they said there would be.

> 17748075
kek
>>
>>17748023
So most of them were children? Looks like PURE COINCIDENCE to me.
>>
File: Tunnel_of_Bees_.jpg (139 KB, 533x496) Image search: [Google]
Tunnel_of_Bees_.jpg
139 KB, 533x496
>>17748023
Mmmmmm it's always best to look for scientific explanations first. Is Germany at a higher elevation than most of the US? Since Germany is a smaller country could this be due to people naturally being closer together/less land seperating each person i.e. there being a higher probability that if lightning struck in Germany that it would strike a person? Is GOD angry about all the Islam refugees being allowed into to destroy such a beautiful land (hehe).
>>
>>17748094
Well, obviously they would have grown up to be terrible sinners. God was just taking an eraser to a little "oopsie" he made.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.